Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3024884 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
SuperSixOne:

The idea is that the Navy should field their own Tier 2 Units, trained to support and assist the SBS but right-sized to conduct missions like Long Range Patrols or amphibious assaults independently. (eg: 2x Commando Battalions and 1x Support Battalion)
Maybe we already have them? I've been seeing these guys lately, in hilux with NNS Lugard, NNS Thunder e.t.c written on them. I don't think they are SBS though because they are dressed like regulars and wielding upgraded AKs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
SuperSixOne:

The idea is that the Navy should field their own Tier 2 Units, trained to support and assist the SBS but right-sized to conduct missions like Long Range Patrols or amphibious assaults independently. (eg: 2x Commando Battalions and 1x Support Battalion)
It still is duplication of a present force.
The SBS was created to fulfil a capability gap in the maritime & they are doing so. As it stands there's already "so much money" to spend on keeping the SBS well funded, neither are there bodies lying fallow in the Navy to stand up battalions.

The Army has Amphibious Bdes & a Commando Group. My earlier assertion that the SBS is getting too land oriented doesn't mean there's any capability gap on land they're filling
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

Maybe we already have them? I've been seeing these guys lately, in hilux with NNS Lugard, NNS Thunder e.t.c written on them. I don't think they are SBS though because they are dressed like regulars and wielding upgraded AKs.
Naval Police at best

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2019
Odunayaw:
Naval Police at best

I dont think so, i have seen them also.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

Keep quiet abeg before the Americans will here now grin
this is funny,by the way am a fan of this thread before i even joined nairaland

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 7:18pm On Feb 25, 2019
Stephandeswardt:

See as the guy is shooting heaven......and no sargent and above to instruct him on how to shoot in the ditch..
Guy man dey fear to look over the trench. Lol,who wan die?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2019
ugo4u:
I have being thinking of lately if Nigerian Navy have Submarines. If they don't do they have the capability to operate one in the immediate if to say one is acquired.
It's like Nigeria have a secret nuclear program,( whether it's for civil use or otherwise I can't say), I've confirmed the site(Won't go any further 4 security reasons) how really prepared are we against external aggression putting into cognizance the race for arms stockpiling in other countries.
May God help Nigeria when Armageddon comes.
No Sub - in Navy's plans but am pessimistic

The Nuclear program isn't secret per se, We're building capacity towards the use of Nuclear energy for electricity
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2019
Odunayaw:
No Sub - in Navy's plans but am pessimistic

The Nuclear program isn't secret per se, We're building capacity towards the use of Nuclear energy for electricity
na wetin dem de talk na if you see the kind formation wey dem play for there ehh based on lockdown you ma go fear aswear. I porposly dey type like so make outsidas no no wetin de sup. but bliv u me men wey de mark the place de scary...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2019
ugo4u:

na wetin dem de talk na if you see the kind formation wey dem play for there ehh based on lockdown you ma go fear aswear. I porposly dey type like so make outsidas no no wetin de sup. but bliv u me men wey de mark the place de scary...
US and their other cronies already hurriedly came to remove HEU from Kaduna for fear of the unwanted

Laslas na time go tell, but wetin de ground resemble normal thing to me sha
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:15pm On Feb 25, 2019
NAF AIRCRAFT DESTROY MEETING VENUE, NEUTRALIZE DOZENS OF TERRORISTS AT KOLLORAM IN BORNO STATE

The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has neutralized several Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters as they assembled for a meeting at their hideout in Kolloram on the fringes of Lake Chad in the Northern part of Borno State. The operation was conducted on 24 February 2019 following credible intelligence reports indicating that some of the ISWAP leaders and fighter had assembled for a meeting in a group of buildings at the centre of the settlement.

A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, which was deployed for confirmatory surveillance, observed the presence of the terrorists at the location and subsequently called for 2 Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the group of buildings. Bombs from the first Aplha Jet hit the desired mean point of impact causing damage to the building and neutralizing some of the terrorists. Some of the surviving fighters, who formed the outer security cordon of the meeting venue, were seen engaging the NAF aircraft with Anti-Aircraft (AA) and small arms fire. The attack aircraft continued to engage the target area with bombs and rockets in several passes, mopping-up the terrorists who survived the initial strikes.

The NAF, operating in concert with surface forces, will sustain its efforts to completely destroy all remnants of the terrorists in the Northeast.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.facebook.com/1684425015103776/posts/2268769160002689/

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:43pm On Feb 25, 2019
#AFSF

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2019
#COIN

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2019
bidexiii:
NAF AIRCRAFT DESTROY MEETING VENUE, NEUTRALIZE DOZENS OF TERRORISTS AT KOLLORAM IN BORNO STATE

The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has neutralized several Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters as they assembled for a meeting at their hideout in Kolloram on the fringes of Lake Chad in the Northern part of Borno State. The operation was conducted on 24 February 2019 following credible intelligence reports indicating that some of the ISWAP leaders and fighter had assembled for a meeting in a group of buildings at the centre of the settlement.

A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, which was deployed for confirmatory surveillance, observed the presence of the terrorists at the location and subsequently called for 2 Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the group of buildings. Bombs from the first Aplha Jet hit the desired mean point of impact causing damage to the building and neutralizing some of the terrorists. Some of the surviving fighters, who formed the outer security cordon of the meeting venue, were seen engaging the NAF aircraft with Anti-Aircraft (AA) and small arms fire. The attack aircraft continued to engage the target area with bombs and rockets in several passes, mopping-up the terrorists who survived the initial strikes.

The NAF, operating in concert with surface forces, will sustain its efforts to completely destroy all remnants of the terrorists in the Northeast.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

https://www.facebook.com/1684425015103776/posts/2268769160002689/
This makes sense. You could actually see the terrorists firing at the Fighter Jets immediately after the airstrikes. I hope NAF got one of their core fighters.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2019
A Mauritanian officer shoots an MG4 machine gun as a Spanish special operations soldier calls out targets during #Flintlock19 Feb. 22 in Atar, Mauritania.

U.S. Embassy Mauritania

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2019
A Senegalese special forces soldier and his spotter prepare to fire an M240 machine gun as part of interoperability training with U.S. special forces soldiers during #Flintlock19, near Po, Burkina Faso, Feb. 21.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:55am On Feb 26, 2019
ugo4u:

I don't think they even need an invasion or nukes to make a statement, they've just got to position there Destroyers in strategic position in the Mediterranean sea type in the corodinates of Tehran and haul barrage of ICMBs (MOABs/Tomahawk) at that them that will overwhelm their counter measures.
One major advantage US have over Russia and other super powers is (Strength in stockpiles).
Have you heard about 'dead hand' even If US launches all its nuclear missiles against Russia in a first strike, Russia will still be able to strike back in equal magnitude. Second strike capability with AI as its brains...... If it detects radioactive fallout, it will launch all Russian nuclear missiles, if it detects a problem with the chain of command that gives orders to launch nuclear weapons manually, it will launch all Russian nuclear weapons against US, Russia has more nuclear weapons than US.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:23am On Feb 26, 2019
Whyem15:

Have you heard about 'dead hand' even If US launches all its nuclear missiles against Russia in a first strike, Russia will still be able to strike back in equal magnitude. Second strike capability with AI as its brains...... If it detects radioactive fallout, it will launch all Russian nuclear missiles, if it detects a problem with the chain of command that gives orders to launch nuclear weapons manually, it will launch all Russian nuclear weapons against US, Russia has more nuclear weapons than US.
I know that is why I carefully excused Russia out of the equation. Even the Israelis has a similar policy called "The Sampson Option" in the event of a possible destruction of Israel by any nation, that country must also be destroyed using their nuclear weapons. Same with England, they have a submarine buried in a secret location(North atlantic) waiting to receive orders from either the prime minister, or The commander of the submarine( if the whole nation is destroyed).
That sh1t is scary, and it's more scary to know that newer version of the bomb have a destructive power 3k times that dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The fact that Pakistan and India(2 crazy countries) posseses this deadly weapon, sends chills down my spine.
PS: Manufacturing Nuclear weapon is one of the most expensive and complex task to undertake.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2019
Do officers in Afsf earn more than Regulars?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 26, 2019
ugo4u:

Same with England, they have a submarine buried in a secret location(North atlantic)

Seriously ? shocked shocked shocked

And u called Ind..... crazy.
And here i am always cursing them for being pu/ssies.
How I wish they were crazy even a tiny little bit.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2019
AFSF BN

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 26, 2019
Chadian Air Force mi-17 pilot, they also carry out nighttime flights aided with NVGs

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2019
Ivorian Air Force C295

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2019
Chadian soldiers at flintlock

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2019
#EAF E-2C Hawkeye AEW

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Stephandeswardt: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
AFSF BN

I wonder what happened to the tactical comms gear, the AFSF used , when they just came back from Belarus.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2019
The EA air team silver stars

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:39am On Feb 26, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Do officers in Afsf earn more than Regulars?

Nop it doesn't change your salary structure but you might as some additional allowance/incentives.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 10:00am On Feb 26, 2019
ugo4u:

I know that is why I carefully excused Russia out of the equation. Even the Israelis has a similar policy called "The Sampson Option" in the event of a possible destruction of Israel by any nation, that country must also be destroyed using their nuclear weapons. Same with England, they have a submarine buried in a secret location(North atlantic) waiting to receive orders from either the prime minister, or The commander of the submarine( if the whole nation is destroyed).
That sh1t is scary, and it's more scary to know that newer version of the bomb have a destructive power 3k times that dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The fact that Pakistan and India(2 crazy countries) posseses this deadly weapon, sends chills down my spine.
PS: Manufacturing Nuclear weapon is one of the most expensive and complex task to undertake.
The submarine buried in the north Atlantic doesn't resuply at all? shocked
Israel has neither confirmed nor deny the existence of a nuclear weapons program. They boast a lot and I doubt they have a reasonable second strike capability. US might be their second strike capability
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2019
Ng

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 11:04am On Feb 26, 2019
Whyem15:

The submarine buried in the north Atlantic doesn't resuply at all? shocked
Israel has neither confirmed nor deny the existence of a nuclear weapons program. They boast a lot and I doubt they have a reasonable second strike capability. US might be their second strike capability
Yes sir it doesn't. It is nuclear powered that is to say it can be seaborne for 30years before they think any recharging the nuclear plant. The USS Pennsylvania was last refueled about 25years ago, the only thing that brings them to the dockyard is food supply.
As for Israel it is a state policy to deny the ownership of a nuclear weapon but my guy don't be decieved they have an underground secret nuclear facility in the Negev desert.
My pastor studied in Israel, he said he was almost arrested when he asked an innocent question pointing to a secret facility during a tour(they thought he was a spy).. Their nuclear program was championed by Ariel Sharon under Ben Gurion. If in doubt go search the pictures released by Modecai Vanunu a technician that worked in the plant, he was imprisoned for espionage..

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 11:22am On Feb 26, 2019
ugo4u:

Yes sir it doesn't. It is nuclear powered that is to say it can be seaborne for 30years before they think any recharging the nuclear plant. The USS Pennsylvania was last refueled about 25years ago, the only thing that brings them to the dockyard is food supply.
As for Israel it is a state policy to deny the ownership of a nuclear weapon but my guy don't be decieved they have an underground secret nuclear facility in the Negev desert
My pastor studied in Israel, he said he was almost arrested when he asked an innocent question pointing to a secret facility during a tour(they thought he was a spy).. Their nuclear program was championed by Ariel Sharon under Ben Gurion. If in doubt go search the pictures released by Modecai Vanunu a technician that worked in the plant, he was imprisoned for espionage..

And you know all this because? sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.