Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3023725 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

GUNMEN ATTACK TROOPS IN YENAGOA

1. Troops of 16 Brigade Brigade Nigerian Army on routine patrol were attacked today at Swali market area in Yenagoa metropolis by gunmen, on the 22nd February 2019. The gunmen numbering about 7 opened fire on own troops. One of the bandits attempted to snatch a riffle of one of the soldiers. In the process he was neutralized while others took to their heels. Efforts are on to track them.

2. There are allegations that these criminals have been robbing people around Swali market for sometime now. Unfurtunately, luck ran out of them when troops closed in on them and recovered the following:
a. One locally made pistol.
b.Two locally made 9mm ammonition.
c. One Itel mobile phone and,
d. The sum of Eight Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira Only.

3. The Brigade wishes to reassure the good people of Bayelsa and environs of the safety of their lives and property. Also, criminal elements brandishing arms are advised to turn them in to security agencies or be ready to face the full wrath of the law.

4. Please use your medium to inform the general public.

JONAH DANJUMA
Major
Assistant Director Army Public Relations
16 Brigade Nigerian Army
22 February 2019.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

ARMY ARRESTS GUNMEN, RECOVERS LARGE CACHE OF ARMS AND AMMUNITION IN BAYELSA

1. In our determined efforts to ensure peace and security in our Area of Responsibility especially in pursuant of the objectives of Operation SAFE CONDUCT, troops of 5 Battalion, 16 Brigade Nigerian Army today arrested 15 armed men suspected to be political thugs at Ikebiri 1 in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

It was a successful operation that led to the recovery of large cache of arms, ammunition and other items. This feat was achieved as a direct response by vigilant troops in Operation SAFE CONDUCT 2019 in 16 Brigade Area of Responsibility.

2. There are indications that the armed men are highly suspected to be political thugs who planned to disrupt the presidential and national assembly elections in the Southern Ijaw Local Government Area in Bayelsa State.

Items recovered from them include :
a. One General Purpose Machine Gun.
b. Two 200 Horse Powered Speedboats.
c. Large quantity of ammunition.
d. Sixteen mobile phones.
e. Seven handheld Motorola radio.
f. Five Motorola battery charger.
g. Three wrist watches.
h. Five torch light.
I. Four Identify Cards.
j. The sum of Sixteen Thousand Naira only.

3. The Brigade wishes to restate her resolve to ensure a seamless conduct of the general election in support of the lead security agencies. The Brigade further wishes to call on the good people of the state to provide credible information on the activities of criminal elements in the society.

Those arrested would be handed over to the Nigerian police after initial interrogation for necessary action.

4. You are please requested to use your medium to inform the general public.

JONAH DANJUMA
Major
Assistant Director Army Relations
16 Brigade Nigerian Army
23 February 2019.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

RE: MULTIPLE EXPLOSIONS HEARD IN MAIDUGURI

Multiple sound of controlled gun fire was reportedly heard at the outskirts - close to Maiduguri township in the early hours of today Saturday the 23rd of February 2019.

There is no report of attack on Maiduguri township or its neighboring communities. As at now Borno State especially Maiduguri township is calm and peaceful. People have already started voting in many locations across the state.

The gun fire was not targeted at members of the public but was for security calculations.

The public are requested to massively come out to exercise their fundamental right to cast their votes for the candidates of their choices.

Similarly, a futile attack on a security outpost in Geidam general area in Yobe State has been recorded. No casualty was recorded. The situation is calm and peaceful. People have largely turned out to cast their votes without any hindrance.

SAGIR MUSA
COLONEL
ACTING DIRECTOR ARMY PUBLIC RELATIONS
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2019
CHANGE OF DATE FOR NIGERIAN AIR FORCE 2019 ZONAL RECRUITMENT EXERCISE

This is to inform the general public that the Nigerian Air Force 2019 Trades/Non-trades men and women Zonal Recruitment Exercise earlier scheduled for 9 - 23 March 2019 has been rescheduled. The Exercise will now take place from 16 - 30 March 2019. In addition, applicants are once more reminded that the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment process is completely FREE OF CHARGE and without any gratification. Applicants are strongly advised NOT to have any dealings with anyone demanding money as a guarantee for recruitment into the Service, as no applicant is required to make any payment to any individual or bank account at any time during the recruitment process. For further enquiries or to report any overtures in line with the above, please call 09064432351, 09055840142, 08053440802 or Email: careers@airforce.mil.ng. All phone lines are available Monday – Friday between 8:30AM and 5:30PM.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:56pm On Feb 23, 2019
NAF DESTROYS TERRORIST CAMP AT ZANARI IN BORNO STATE

The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE has destroyed an Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists’ camp at Zanari in the northern part of Borno State. This was achieved on 20 February 2019 in air strikes conducted sequel to intelligence reports indicating that the terrorists were using the settlement as a staging area from where they launch attacks against own ground troops’ locations. A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, which was subsequently detailed for confirmatory surveillance over the area, observed considerable terrorist activities in the settlement and therefore called for the scrambling of 2 Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the camp in successive strikes resulting in the destruction of several structures as well as the neutralization of their ISWAP occupants.

The NAF, operating in concert with surface forces, will sustain its efforts to completely destroy all remnants of the terrorists in the Northeast.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

Video link: https://www.facebook.com/1684425015103776/posts/2267606886785583/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:07am On Feb 24, 2019
Cabo Verdean soldiers review their shots after conducting a shooting drill during #Flintlock19, Feb. 21 in Atar, Mauritania.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 12:56am On Feb 24, 2019
Fynline:
Remains of rocket fired by BHT in Maiduguri this morning

These guys are growing wings.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:06am On Feb 24, 2019
Colonel Onyema Nwachukwu has been appointed @DefenceInfoNG Spokesman. Until his appointment, Colonel Nwachukwu was the Deputy Director Public Relations, HQs Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE. He is an alumnus of University of Ibadan. #CrackedOfficer .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 1:17am On Feb 24, 2019
‏ @DonKlericuzio
5h5 hours ago

VIDEO: Today's early morning #ISWAP Grad Rockets attack on NE Provincial City of Maiduguri Nigeria as released by #ISIS Media channels

https://twitter.com/i/status/1099388133198741505

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:55am On Feb 24, 2019
POLICE RECOVER CACHE OF EXPLOSIVEs IN DELTA STATE:

On 21/2/19 at about 19:45hrs, Police Officers of Delta State Police Command Led By CP Adeyinka B Edeleke Intercepted A White Toyota Hilux vehicle without Plate Number and Recovered 128 Pieces of Explosives and 5 pieces of Electric detonators inside the Back Compartment of the Hilux Car along Ughelli-Patani Road Delta State.

Occupants of the Vehicle who refused to stop at the Police Check Point were Pursued by the Police team and the 2 Suspects in the Vehicle Swerved the Vehicle in High Speed into the bush before jumping and escaping. On Searching the Recovered Vehicle all the Above Mentioned Explosive was found by the Police.

The White Toyota Hilux Vehicle and the Explosives are now at the Delta State police Command Headquarters Asaba under the custody of the Explosives and Ordinance Department (EOD) of the State Police Command.

Serious efforts to arrest all the Culprits in Progress.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:00am On Feb 24, 2019
Litmus:

‏ @DonKlericuzio
5h5 hours ago

VIDEO: Today's early morning #ISWAP Grad Rockets attack on NE Provincial City of Maiduguri Nigeria as released by #ISIS Media channels

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sconp: 2:21am On Feb 24, 2019
Litmus:

‏ @DonKlericuzio
5h5 hours ago

How does this guy get so much information on terrorist activities in various countries?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 3:00am On Feb 24, 2019
sconp:

How does this guy get so much information on terrorist activities in various countries?

I don’t know-o, Sconp, I only get the impression he is in military intelligence. He mentions Contacts often and those contacts seem present most pronounced in the Middle East and North Africa. I’ve even heard him mentioned in association with Barbados.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2019
arantess:

You can't crack a concrete floor with an egg, you would need a mallet most likely

grin correct

It was asked in a exam , where u get around 30 seconds to read , understand and give the correct answer

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2019
Nigeria Army repelled Boko Haram Attacked in gaidam LG of Yobe State at the early hours of Presidential Election day in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2019
Senegalese marine commandos at ongoing flintlock 2019

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Senegalese marine commandos at ongoing flintlock 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2019
Nigerian soldiers at ex flintlock, I guess SbS stopped going

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
I guess so too. The SBS is getting too land oriented IMO

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Nigeria Army repelled Boko Haram Attacked in gaidam LG of Yobe State at the early hours of Presidential Election day in Nigeria.
UCAVs were used by AFN in this attack

Sweet something
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2019
Odunayaw:
UCAVs were used by AFN in this attack

Sweet something
Apparently na sweet drone strike from NAF take out that pick up truck grin meanwhile according to Zachery we are still waiting for yahbon to join the fight
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Apparently na sweet drone strike from NAF take out that pick up truck grin meanwhile according to Zachery we are still waiting for yahbon to join the fight
They should come this year I hope. We must reduce the Freedom of Movement of mass fighters
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixOne: 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2019
Odunayaw:
I guess so too. The SBS is getting too land oriented IMO

The Navy should establish a Commando Regiment to span the gap between conventional infantry operations and special operations, to enable the SBS focusing on maritime/riverine operations and direct action missions.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:40pm On Feb 24, 2019
SuperSixOne:

The Navy should establish a Commando Regiment to span the gap between conventional infantry operations and special operations, to enable the SBS focusing on maritime/riverine operations and direct action missions.
Duplication.

The Army has a Commando type force- Army Strike Group
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 6:10am On Feb 25, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
I fear NA, so rifles like this dey
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2019
Do you know that the USS Pensylvania(Ohio class submarine) can carry 24 Trident missle at a go.
1 trident missile is more destructive than all the bombs detonated in WW1 and WW2 combined.
Quite scary, the US by far is a Super power nation. I just can't get it why nations like Iran have so much confidence in destroying American in an open warfare. To say the least, I believe this is pure madness, even the Chinese won't survive an all out onslaught by the US armed forces. As far as I'm concerned only Russia can stand toe to toe with America the rest even Europe combined can't stand the firepower of USA.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by andrewza: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2019
ugo4u:
Do you know that the USS Pensylvania(Ohio class submarine) can carry 24 Trident missle at a go.
1 trident missile is more destructive than all the bombs detonated in WW1 and WW2 combined.
Quite scary, the US by far is a Super power nation. I just can't get it why nations like Iran have so much confidence in destroying American in an open warfare. To say the least, I believe this is pure madness, even the Chinese won't survive an all out onslaught by the US armed forces. As far as I'm concerned only Russia can stand toe to toe with America the rest even Europe combined can't stand the firepower of USA.

No one has used a nuke since ww2 and America won't nuke Iran. That is economic and political sucide. Iran does not need to destroy America they know they can't they just need to ensure that any American invasion is so costly that America or who ever won't attack.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:41am On Feb 25, 2019
andrewza:

No one has used a nuke since ww2 and America won't nuke Iran. That is economic and political sucide. Iran does not need to destroy America they know they can't they just need to ensure that any American invasion is so costly that America or who ever won't attack.
I don't think they even need an invasion or nukes to make a statement, they've just got to position there Destroyers in strategic position in the Mediterranean sea type in the corodinates of Tehran and haul barrage of ICMBs (MOABs/Tomahawk) at that them that will overwhelm their counter measures.
One major advantage US have over Russia and other super powers is (Strength in stockpiles).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by andrewza: 11:06am On Feb 25, 2019
ugo4u:

I don't think they even need an invasion or nukes to make a statement, they've just got to position there Destroyers in strategic position in the Mediterranean sea type in the corodinates of Tehran and haul barrage of ICMBs (MOABs/Tomahawk) at that them that will overwhelm their counter measures.
One major advantage US have over Russia and other super powers is (Strength in stockpiles).

They done this before. Iran does not care about losses. Every person America kills is a propergande victory for Iran. Rember you talk about a country that walked thousands of men in to Iraq machin guns armed with nothing in a goal to have the Iraq gunners run out of ammo.

All so Air power and cruise missiles won't defeat a country. We have learned this fact since ww2
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
I have being thinking of lately if Nigerian Navy have Submarines. If they don't do they have the capability to operate one in the immediate if to say one is acquired.
It's like Nigeria have a secret nuclear program,( whether it's for civil use or otherwise I can't say), I've confirmed the site(Won't go any further 4 security reasons) how really prepared are we against external aggression putting into cognizance the race for arms stockpiling in other countries.
May God help Nigeria when Armageddon comes.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixOne: 2:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
Odunayaw:
Duplication.

The Army has a Commando type force- Army Strike Group

The idea is that the Navy should field their own Tier 2 Units, trained to support and assist the SBS but right-sized to conduct missions like Long Range Patrols or amphibious assaults independently. (eg: 2x Commando Battalions and 1x Support Battalion)
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
ugo4u:

It's like Nigeria have a secret nuclear program,( whether it's for civil use or otherwise I can't say), I've confirmed the site(Won't go any further 4 security reasons)
Keep quiet abeg before the Americans will here now grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.