Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3049129 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
I can't view the pics again, too graphic for my stomach, but wasn't his foot literally torn with huge hole in it? no to talk of his heel or whatever i saw earlier, even if that can heal, that's some long journey ahead of this poor guy. Anyways, I'm no medical doctor, i wish the man the best, they deserve better than this, its heartbreaking
nemesis8u:

Why amputate ?

The leg can be saved and should be saved

I have seen worse cases, where patients kept their legs and resumed duties. It takes time though to regain functionality of the affected leg.

The man is going through hell I tell u. That contraption on his leg is very painful

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I can't view the pics again, too graphic for my stomach, but wasn't his foot literally torn with huge hole in it? no to talk of his heel or whatever i saw earlier, even if that can heal, that's some long journey ahead of this poor guy. Anyways, I'm no medical doctor, i wish the man the best, they deserve better than this, its heartbreaking

Yes the leg can definitely be saved provided the doctors r competent.

If the leg was not recoverable they would not have used the contraption which is being used here to keep the affected bone ( ankle region and surroundings ) from deforming.

A limb is amuptated generally when blood circulation ceases functioning in the affected region or endangers the rest of body due to risk of uncontrollable infection , etc etc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 21, 2019
bidexiii:

Tnks for bringing these to limelight. These is very bad an not good for the image of the NA/military.
These captain should be flown out of the country ASAP.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2019
[quote author=BabaOwen post=75974544][/quote]

Why is it that if the press or social media does not spread such news the AHQ would not come to there personnel rescue in time. If its a non-commissioned officer, forget it .
Whatever they are doing now, its late already, i pray he survives this sad
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
bidexiii:

Why is it that if the press or social media does not spread such news the AHQ would not come to there personnel rescue in time. If its a non-commissioned officer, forget it .
Whatever they are doing now, its late already, i pray he survives this sad

He will survive , no doubt

Just need to ensure at the moment that his condition kept stabilized.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2019
A Nigerien commander completes an after-action review following a training attack on an enemy command and control node, at Camp Po, Burkina Faso, on Feb. 20, 2019, during Flintlock 19. Flintlock is an annual special operations and State Department exercise involving more than 2,000 soldiers, airmen, naval and police forces from 30 nation forces. Lessons learned at Flintlock strengthen global security institutions, promote multinational sharing of information, and develop interoperability among western and partner nations in North and West Africa. (Army photo by Richard Bumgardner)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 21, 2019
A Belgian special operations soldier (center), face blurred, advises the Nigerien ground commander, during a ground movement to attack a hostile command and control station, at Camp Po, Burkina Faso, on Feb. 20, 2019, during Flintlock 19. Flintlock is an annual special operations and State Department exercise involving more than 2,000 soldiers, airmen, naval and police forces from 30 nation forces. Lessons learned at Flintlock strengthen global security institutions, promote multinational sharing of information, and develop interoperability among western and partner nations in North and West Africa. (Army photo by Richard Bumgardner)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2019
A Senegalese special forces soldier enters a room in close quarters battle training during Exercise Flintlock 2019 near Po, Burkina Faso, Feb. 20, 2019. Approximately 2,000 service members from more than 30 African and western partner nations are participating in Flintlock 2019 at multiple locations in Burkina Faso and a key outstation in Mauritania. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. 1st Class Mary S. Katzenberger)

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:04am On Feb 22, 2019
SternProphet:

I believe you are an educated young Nigerian. Why are you guys like This?. In what way has this guy been ABANDONED?
You said in the main body of the story that the man has undergone ten surgeries. How is that abandonment?.
The pictures of him on the bed connected to some modern bone setting and breathing apparatus. Doctors know better whether his legs should be amputated or not or whether the legs are rotten. I doubt that is the case. He is obviously on antibiotics and i am sure the exposed flesh was snapped during wound dressing.

Let us get our minds off two things in this country: sentiments (which is emotional weakness) and sensationalism (which is sign of poor exposure).
Read the story carefully, the report says that the surgeries he underwent was sponsored by Zamfara state government and the army has not deem it fit to visit or check on his welfare. So what then happens if Zamfara government didn't intervene in the first place, maybe he's leg would have being amputated without even proper care that's if he's still alive. NA can do better when it comes to medical welfare of personnel.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixOne: 1:11am On Feb 22, 2019
Portuguese Airbornes in heavy combat with rebellions in Central African Republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkzolDjYvk

Video footage from Central Africa shows Portuguese Airbornes (Tropas Paraquedistas) in heavy combat with african rebels in the area of Bambari in the Central African Republic earlier this month. The combat footage was recorded during a major operation that included 50 hours of heavy combat firefights and led to the seizure of a rebel base in the area of Bambari. Portuguese armed forces declared the operation a success with no own casualties .

The Airbornes of the Portuguese armed forces are currently operating under the United Nations’ peacekeeping mission in the Central African Republic. The battle began when African rebels of the UPC (Union for Peace in the Central African Republic) launched a violent attack on the town of Bambari, some 400 kilometres from the capital Bangui, in a bid to seize resources and extort the local population by collecting taxes. The UPC is a former member of the Seleka rebel alliance, a coalition of mainly Muslim groups that seized power in the majority Christian country in 2013.
Portuguese Airbornes in heavy combat with rebellions in Central African Republic

The Portuguese Airborne (Portuguese: Tropas Paraquedistas) are an elite infantry assault force, representing the bulk of the airborne forces of Portugal. They were created in 1956 as part of the Portuguese Air Force, being transferred to the Portuguese Army in 1993. Presently, most of the Paratroopers are part of the Portuguese Rapid Reaction Brigade which comprises all 3 special forces troops. The Portuguese Paratroopers were usually nicknamed “Paras” or “Green Berets” (Boinas Verdes).
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:32am On Feb 22, 2019
#COIN

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 22, 2019
You SICK NAIRALANDERS AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH POSTING GORY BLOODBATH IMAGES MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS. A FEMALE ACCIDENT VICTIM GETS HER HEAD CHOPPED OFF IT MAKES FRONT PAGE. NO RESPECT FOR THE DEAD. YOU SICK PIECE OF SHIT WITH NO SENSE OF CENSORSHIP..YOU PROWL THE NET FOR SICK VIDEOS AND POST IT FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTIOM. NO WARNING. I ALREADY KNOW NAIRALAND IS DYING..WHAT I WAS NOT EXPECTING IS THE RATE OF DEGENERQTION AND DECAY. HAPPY VIEWING SICK MODAFUCKERS !!!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
SLBMS:
You SICK NAIRALANDERS AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH POSTING GORY BLOODBATH IMAGES MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS. A FEMALE ACCIDENT VICTIM GETS HER HEAD CHOPPED OFF IT MAKES FRONT PAGE. NO RESPECT FOR THE DEAD. YOU SICK PIECE OF SHIT WITH NO SENSE OF CENSORSHIP..YOU PROWL THE NET FOR SICK VIDEOS AND POST IT FOR PUBLIC CONSUMPTIOM. NO WARNING. I ALREADY KNOW NAIRALAND IS DYING..WHAT I WAS NOT EXPECTING IS THE RATE OF DEGENERQTION AND DECAY. HAPPY VIEWING SICK MODAFUCKERS !!!
Hey dude! go take ur injections.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2019
SLBMS:
what did I just read?? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2019
ugo4u:

Don't be surprised by 2moro the army will release a statement denying it infact they might say there are processes and procedures to be embarked before the army give him a proper treatment because they are following best practices on wounded soldiers. That na if them no outrightly deny the incident and the man. That's how we have lost every ounce of patriotism from the citizens, just imagine where an able-bodied man is begging for his leg to be amputated.
Suffice to say Nurses and some health care givers in most military institutions are pure witches, the nonchalant attitude towards humans even their own colleagues is appalling. May God help this country.
If they give these patriots prompt medical care it still doesn't stop them from their embezzlement or is it absolute greed;as in I want it all and nothing else. Or is this a mental disorder to these kleptocrats? Somehow a diagnosis is needed.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=BabaOwen post=75974544][/quote]
If it were to be a general would the army be slow in responding to him? Why should the military wait until it gets to social media before they take action? Why should it even be reported that the "chief of army staff ordered that the man should be flown abroad for treatment", as if the army is his fiefdom, are there no institutions in the army to take care of issues like this? These people are appointed to serve us and they act as if they are doing us a favour. The chief of army staff and the Nigerian people should be thanking this patriotic man for his service to the nation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2019
SLBMS:
U sure came here to fight, sorry you won't be getting any.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

U sure came here to fight, sorry you won't be getting any.
Some of us already know the rasta man. You guys shouldn't have even quoted him.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 4:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
SLBMS:
Wrong thread bro, kindly go to romance section

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:04pm On Feb 22, 2019
Geronimoe:
If they give these patriots prompt medical care it still doesn't stop them from their embezzlement or is it absolute greed;as in I want it all and nothing else. Or is this a mental disorder to these kleptocrats? Somehow a diagnosis is needed.
Absolute greed is the problem with most Nigerian leaders irrespective of the sector they find themselves. Over the years I've always drive the notion that most of them need a psychiatrist because their's (greed) is not normal, corruption (Bribery/contract lobbying) is everywhere even in advanced societies like US, UK etc but they make sure they carryout the duties required first then bargain for a percentage which most atimes is from the profit of the beneficiary not necessarily from government cofers but for Nigeria case na glutonous greed they worry us, they will over inflate a contract, underpay the contractors and still demand for percentage formerly 10% now it is 70% . That is why Nigerian governors love to build Airport, Flyovers, bridges etc even when they know such projects are not needed but they still go ahead to award such contracts which never see the light of the day because that's one avenue to enrich themselves e.g Delta state that smaller than wushishi LG in Niger state has 2 airports that hadly generate traffic is this not madness? They leave in affluence and their subject wallow in abject poverty while they use the looted funds to buy properties in Dubai, Europe and US and you people want to tell me we're all not running mad in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2019
ugo4u:
e.g Delta state that smaller than wushishi LG in Niger state has 2 airports that hardly generate traffic is this not madness? They leave in affluence and their subject wallow in abject poverty while they use the looted funds to buy properties in Dubai, Europe and US and you people want to tell me we're all not running mad in Nigeria.
Yet the subjects are more concerned about what's at the centre than what's happening right under their noses

Truly madness is prevalent

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
This is a video of soldiers allegedly battling BHTs in the North East.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuLn5FVnUg1/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet
Abeg what weapon were they firing, in the first few seconds into the video, that was making that whooshing sound?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2019
Xbee007:

Abeg what weapon were they firing, in the first few seconds into the video, that was making that whooshing sound?

Russian Katyusha.... Pix taken by me in a military base somewhere in the Northeast. May God Continue to bless our gallant men

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Russian Katyusha.... Pix taken by me in a military base somewhere in the Northeast. May God Continue to bless our gallant men
That means the video isn't recent, cos that missile launcher was destroyed by NAF after BHTs seized it from own troops in Baga.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
Xbee007:

That means the video isn't recent, cos that missile launcher was destroyed by NAF after BHTs seized it from own troops in Baga.

The MMilitary here in Borno has over 50 of them na
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

The MMilitary here in Borno has over 50 of them na
shocked shocked I never knew that.
That's impressive.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
ugo4u:

Absolute greed is the problem with most Nigerian leaders irrespective of the sector they find themselves. Over the years I've always drive the notion that most of them need a psychiatrist because their's (greed) is not normal, corruption (Bribery/contract lobbying) is everywhere even in advanced societies like US, UK etc but they make sure they carryout the duties required first then bargain for a percentage which most atimes is from the profit of the beneficiary not necessarily from government cofers but for Nigeria case na glutonous greed they worry us, they will over inflate a contract, underpay the contractors and still demand for percentage formerly 10% now it is 70% . That is why Nigerian governors love to build Airport, Flyovers, bridges etc even when they know such projects are not needed but they still go ahead to award such contracts which never see the light of the day because that's one avenue to enrich themselves e.g Delta state that smaller than wushishi LG in Niger state has 2 airports that hadly generate traffic is this not madness? They leave in affluence and their subject wallow in abject poverty while they use the looted funds to buy properties in Dubai, Europe and US and you people want to tell me we're all not running mad in Nigeria.
Lol, rastaman madness as written by Odunayaw. But seriously Nigeria is a pathetic country and the worst thing is that they act that they are doing us a favour. I pray that in due time there will be judgement day for all this kleptomaniacs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Xbee007:

No wonder after a firefight they end up killing just 3 or 5 BHT, are BH birds that that soldier is shooting in the air?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

That is not katyusha sir

That is BM21 Grad

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
Dear fellow nairalander, as we go to our polling unit to cast our votes 2morrow remember "vote" not "fight" and pls dont make any strange movement near the ballot box.
#snatch_ballot_box_at_ur_risk

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 10:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
QuietMynd:
Dear fellow nairalander, as we go to our polling unit to cast our votes 2morrow remember "vote" not "fight" and pls dont make any strange movement near the ballot box.
#snatch_ballot_box_at_ur_risk
Funny picture, though I think there is a real command to deal with troublemakers. My Army families seem to be extra giddy about Saturday. Apparently, there is intelligence re big plans by troublemakers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (835) (836) (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: MAN1960

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.