Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,510 members, 7,836,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3048931 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sizzorkay:
And i hope you understand your ignorance by having blind trust in a foreign Govt grin grin
Now i wonder how much Sudan was getting paid for deploying troops to Yemen or so... How brave.
And for the record, I've learned a few things from some of you guys on here, yourself included, keep up the good work.
it's been fun, have a good one
Is Sudan at Flintlock dude apply common sense, the guys at that exercise are being trained so they can be better equipped to secure their region.

Intel gathering and data collection doesn’t take place at multinational exercises, africom is not CIA they don’t “SPy” that’s like saying department of homeland security will invade another country, there’s no logic behind that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2019
Amazing, i moved on from this, praised your contribution on this thread, then you had to act stupid, who the fvk was talking about flintlock? did i mention flintlock when i talked about Sudan? Yo bro, please kindly piss off. I wasn't talking about flintlock when i talked about Sudan.
Some of you fools will make good stalkers, move the fvk on. I was referring to Sudan and Saudi Arabia, not flintlock. butt off
The hell is wrong with some of you A-holes thinking you can just insult people because you felt like it. Damn
And for someone who called me ignorant, i find the bolded quite sad to read, haha, Africom don't spy they are not CIA, really? oh boy, that's some naive way of thinking, you know every one that work there? Any US Govt outfit that deals with security gathers intelligence, to think Africom wouldn't do this? Wow, I'm speechless on that one. bravo.
Apologies, they are full of saints and will never spy. Hope that ends it, grin grin grin
jakeporeshenko:

Is Sudan at Flintlock dude apply common sense, the guys at that exercise are being trained so they can be better equipped to secure their region.

Intel gathering and data collection doesn’t take place at multinational exercises, africom is not CIA they don’t “SPy” that’s like saying department of homeland security will invade another country, there’s no logic behind that.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
My ogas in the house please can a military officer be a business man? Like travelling out of the country to buy cars and sell it in Nigeria? Is it allowed in the military?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
BREAKING: Islamic State ‘Sacks’ Al-Barnawi As ISWAP Leader | Sahara Reporters

According to Ahmad Salkida, the Nigerian journalist with the deepest knowledge of the Boko Haram insurgency in the north-east, the new ISWAP leader is Abu Abdullah Ibn Umar Albarnawi.

READ MORE: http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/04/breaking-islamic-state-%E2%80%98sacks%E2%80%99-al-barnawi-iswap-leader

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
NNAMDIII:
My ogas in the house please can a military officer be a business man? Like travelling out of the country to buy cars and sell it in Nigeria? Is it allowed in the military?

As a military personnel you are allowed to do any business that is legitimate but u can be travelling out any how/every time it's not allowed. Especially for commissioned officers.
But you can hire someone you trust to do that on ur behalf.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
bidexiii:

As a military personnel you are allowed to do any business that is legitimate but u can be travelling out any how/every time it's not allowed. Especially for commissioned officers.
But you can hire someone you trust to do that on ur behalf.
Alright bro, well it's not that the person will be travelling out always, it's just during festive periods or sabbatical
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
I know lots of Nigerians here who buy cars that's been involved in accidents, fix them up and sell those cars in Naija, they make pretty good money on it, and out here, there are tons of mechanic garages with such vehicles. perhaps if you have people overseas that you trust, then that could work, so you don't have to travel
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:01am On Mar 05, 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 12:36am On Mar 05, 2019
As a military officer you are allowed to do one form of Business and that is Farming.
You also need permission from your superior officer before you travel anywhere.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2019
CHANGE OF DATE FOR NIGERIAN AIR FORCE 2019 ZONAL RECRUITMENT EXERCISE

This is to inform the general public that the NAF 2019 Trades/Non-trades men and women Zonal Recruitment Exercise earlier scheduled for 9 - 23 March 2019 has been rescheduled.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:43am On Mar 05, 2019
bidexiii:
BREAKING: Islamic State ‘Sacks’ Al-Barnawi As ISWAP Leader | Sahara Reporters

According to Ahmad Salkida, the Nigerian journalist with the deepest knowledge of the Boko Haram insurgency in the north-east, the new ISWAP leader is Abu Abdullah Ibn Umar Albarnawi.

READ MORE: http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/04/breaking-islamic-state-%E2%80%98sacks%E2%80%99-al-barnawi-iswap-leader

Abu Abdullah Idrisa bin Umar Albarnawi, the new Wali of #ISWAP appointed by #albaghdadi is receiving pledges from cells across West/Central Africa, said sources. The coming wks will define the leadership of Ibn Umar Albarnawi, who is a first generatn Jihadi, frm grb's early days; according to Ahmad Salkida
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:03am On Mar 05, 2019
Former Army chief, Minimah returns N1.7b to Federal Govt

A former Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Kenneth Minimah (retd), has refunded N1.7 billion to the coffers of the Federal Government.

The funds is believed to be part of the $2.1 billion allegedly misappropriated by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

The Nation reports that Minimah, who was army chief from January 2014 to July 2015, made the refund through the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The refunds were said to have been made possible by the work of the EFCC relying on the report and recommendations of the Presidential Committee on Audit of Defence Equipment Procurement (CADEP).

Quoting an undisclosed source, the paper reported, “We have interrogated Gen. Minimah and he has started refunding some funds. So far, he has refunded about N1.7 billion in two tranches to the EFCC. “So far, he has cooperated with us and we are hopeful that he will still make more refunds, in line with some contracts awarded by the Army.

“But we are likely to arraign another Chief of Army Staff and some ex-military officers in court soon following the conclusion of a comprehensive investigation on them.

We are expecting relevant advice from our legal unit.”

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:04am On Mar 05, 2019
N3.9bn Fraud: Court Convicts Badeh’s Company, Orders Forfeiture Of Property To FG

Channels TV

Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja, has convicted a company, Iyalikam Nigeria limited, connected to the late Chief of Defense Staff Alex Badeh of corruption and money laundering charges.

Justice Abang in a Judgment delivered in the suit filed against late Badeh and his company, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) upon conviction, ordered that all properties of the company listed in the charge should be forfeited to the Federal government through the EFCC.

Late Badeh and his company were standing trial on a 14 count charge of criminal breach of trust, money laundering amongst others.

Justice Abang also has terminated the charges filed against the late Air Chief, just as he ordered the winding down of Iyalikam Nigeria limited on the request of his counsel.

The Court’s decision was however predicated on a plea bargain reached by both the defence and prosecution counsel.

The court found Iyalikam Nigeria Limited which is standing trial with late Air Chief Marshal Badeh, guilty of the charges and ordered that all properties in line with the 10-count amended charge be forfeited to the Federal Givernment through the EFCC.

The prosecuting counsel, Oluwaleke Atolagbe at the resumption of the trial informed the court of the agreement by the parties even though the business of the day was for the second defendant to open its defence since the first defendant (Badeh) is now deceased.

Mr. Atolagbe, however, informed the court that in view of an agreement reached between the prosecution and the defense, a further amended charge of 10 counts had been filed as well as a plea bargain agreement.

“Having regards to the plea bargain agreement duly executed by the parties, Iyalikam Nigeria Limited is hereby wound up and the judgment shall be served on the Corporate Affairs Commission for execution”, justice Abang held.

Justice Abang also ordered that all the belonging to the company be forfeited to the Federal Government;

They include “A mansion situated at No.6 Ogun River Str., off Danube Str., Maitama Abuja.

“A shopping mall situated at Plot 1386, Oda Crescent, Cadastral Zone, Wuse II Abuja.

“A duplex located at No.19, Kumasi Crescent, Wuse II Abuja.

“A duplex at No. 14 Adzope Crescent, off Kumasi Cresent, Wuse II, Abuja.

“Semi-detached duplex at No. 8A Embu Str. by Sigma Apartments Wuse II, Abuja.

“The sum of $1 million recovered from No.6 Ogun River Str., off Danube Str., Maitama, Abuja.”

Air chief Marshal Badeh was killed while returning from his farm in Nassarwa state a few days to opening his defense in his trial.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:09am On Mar 05, 2019
AFSF poses with a ORSIS T-5000 SNIPER RIFFLE

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:47am On Mar 05, 2019
Chief of Staff (Navy), Commodore Joseph Edet Akinwale Wey and the Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Kam Salem after a Supreme Military Council meeting in Lagos, 1970.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu1(m): 10:01am On Mar 05, 2019
bidexiii:
Former Army chief, Minimah returns N1.7b to Federal Govt

A former Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Kenneth Minimah (retd), has refunded N1.7 billion to the coffers of the Federal Government.

The funds is believed to be part of the $2.1 billion allegedly misappropriated by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) under Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd).

The Nation reports that Minimah, who was army chief from January 2014 to July 2015, made the refund through the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The refunds were said to have been made possible by the work of the EFCC relying on the report and recommendations of the Presidential Committee on Audit of Defence Equipment Procurement (CADEP).

Quoting an undisclosed source, the paper reported, “We have interrogated Gen. Minimah and he has started refunding some funds. So far, he has refunded about N1.7 billion in two tranches to the EFCC. “So far, he has cooperated with us and we are hopeful that he will still make more refunds, in line with some contracts awarded by the Army.

“But we are likely to arraign another Chief of Army Staff and some ex-military officers in court soon following the conclusion of a comprehensive investigation on them.

We are expecting relevant advice from our legal unit.”

Wow! I remember telling guys here not to make unwarranted attacks about corruption.....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
bidexiii:

Abu Abdullah Idrisa bin Umar Albarnawi, the new Wali of #ISWAP appointed by #albaghdadi is receiving pledges from cells across West/Central Africa, said sources. The coming wks will define the leadership of Ibn Umar Albarnawi, who is a first generatn Jihadi, frm grb's early days; according to Ahmad Salkida
is albaghdadi still alive
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
Insecurity in the North west is getting so terrible.

What are the police,army and air force personnel doing when lots and lots of Nigerians are been killed by bandits daily.

This nonsense dey make me boil with anger
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
BabaOwen:
Insecurity in the North west is getting so terrible.

What are the police,army and air force personnel doing when lots and lots of Nigerians are been killed by bandits daily.

This nonsense dey make me boil with anger

They are mostly concerned about the elections and the re-election of their principals. In a situation where thousands of police men are drafted to a state for election purposes, but in Zamfara few military men are drafted talks much of how the elected views us:nonentities. It's unfortunate that some of them that casted their votes wouldn't be alive to hear the results of the elections.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 12:12am On Mar 06, 2019
pappydeewhy:
pak F_16 was shot down.

I seriously doubt that. No gun can footage, no crash site, absolutely nothing to support this claim.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 12:14am On Mar 06, 2019
fabselad:

did pakistan have a choice lol. A naval blockage by india would have reduced them into a south soudan in 2 weeks

Yes Pakistan did. They could've held the pilot and I seriously doubt India would've done much, ESPECIALLY after they just got their nose bloodied and their pride bruised by Pakistan.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:07am On Mar 06, 2019
ocelot2006:

Yes Pakistan did. They could've held the pilot and I seriously doubt India would've done much, ESPECIALLY after they just got their nose bloodied and their pride bruised by Pakistan.
Holding the pilot doesn't give them any serious advantage as such, infact releasing the pilot gave them a cosmetic advantage by de-escalating tensions . The facts still remains that in an all out war, both sides will suffer but the Paks might not recover from the effects in decades.
And yes Indian propagandists together with their Israeli allies in US will lobby the White House to withhold funding to Pakistan together with a naval blockade by the Indian Navy, the outcome is predictable.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 06, 2019
ocelot2006:

Yes Pak.... did. They could've held the pilot and I seriously doubt Ind.... would've done much, ESPECIALLY after they just got their nose bloodied and their pride bruised by Pak...

On a afterthought let me ask if the PM of a nation calls up the PM of another nation not once ( call is refused ) , not twice ( again call is refused ) , but thrice ( again call refused ) in a matter of 4 days , then tell me whose ass is on fire ?

As for pride and bloodied nose , I have no idea since it is subjective , but other than Turkey name a single country which came out in support of pa........... ?

60 countries directly supported ind.......

And don't forget to read the official statement of China which must have caused a lot of heart ache on the other side.

Even OIC which harbours Anti Ind...... views stayed mum , on the contrary as the conflict went on , OIC invited Ind..... for the first time as an observer to OIC.

Ind.... announced 20+ billion dollar aid to OIC countries and they all forgot about Pak....... who for the first time abstained from a OIC meet. Isn't it ironic a self proclaimed leader of Muslim countries and a original founding member country of OIC got side lined ?

Incase people here r not aware, the hard reality of this world is MONEY lol

World does not run on what u or I would like to believe or what the people want to believe , it runs on cold hard ground realities which unfortunately , social media , press etc ain't a place for accurate portrayal. It's business for most of them isn't it ? Mouth is where the money is

Anyways I ain't contradicting u , Ur free to believe what u want and I as a rule always respect that and I am just adding my views to urs just for the sake of it.

Note : they could not have held the pilot more than 8 days as per Geneva convention. And in case that failed other options diplomatic or otherwise was always on the table.

Diplomatically UNSC, US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, France forced the release of the pilot at the earliest.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2019
Debunking Indian lies

Images show madrasa buildings standing after Indian attack claim
Satellite imagery shows at least six Jaish-e-Muhammad structures still standing on March 4 - six days after air raids.

Satellite images show a religious school run by Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) in northeastern Pakistan still appears to be standing days after India claimed warplanes destroyed it and killed a large number of fighters.

The images produced by Planet Labs Inc, a San Francisco-based private satellite operator, show at least six buildings on the school's site on March 4 - six days after the air raids. Until now, no high-resolution satellite images were publicly available.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/images-show-madrasa-buildings-standing-indian-attack-claim-190306033806638.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 7:53am On Mar 06, 2019
Debunking Indian Lies

How much more lies can we stomach from the Indian government?

Not much, we continue to debunk Indian lies.

India-Pakistan tensions: Who won the war of perceptions?

Going by Pakistan's sustained efforts to de-escalate the crisis, including several conciliatory statements by Prime Minister Imran Khan, the Indian air raids clearly shook Islamabad's decision-makers. Yet, all through the crisis, clumsy Indian information management diluted the message Modi sought to send. By contrast, Pakistan's media managers successfully controlled messaging, allowing Islamabad to appear responsible and wedded to peace.

This was apparent from the morning of the Indian attacks. Instead of the announcement coming from New Delhi, the Pakistani military's media wing - the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) directorate - announced on social media a failed Indian attempt to bomb Pakistani targets, supported by photographs of what appeared to be explosion craters in an otherwise empty forest glade.

Without wasting time, the ISPR facilitated local as well as international media access to an area that was purportedly the IAF's target. Very soon, credible global media organisations like Reuters, the New York Times and Al Jazeera put out reports supporting Pakistan's contention that there were no signs of any casualties in the so-called terrorist camp.

On day three, international mediation, especially by the United States, led to a deal for the release of the IAF pilot in exchange for New Delhi's commitment to restraint and a de-escalation of the crisis. Here, again, Pakistan grabbed the credit with Khan dramatically announcing that Pakistan would release the pilot the next day, again playing the statesman by urging peace with India.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/india-pakistan-tensions-won-war-perceptions-190304100556184.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 06, 2019
grin grin grin

Opinions written for a news agency is facts ?

Reminds me during Kargil war most of these news agencies had played a similar time , whose tune changed after 9/11.

I guess it's a common habit to dance on the miseries of others , but when the same shiiit hits them , then bomb who ever they want out of existence for the silliest of excuses , I wonder did they ever find those WMDs ?

Lol I guess not , well we have a old saying roughly translated " who has the biggest stick owns the bull "

Another 10 years the stick then should be big enough , if not one of the biggest lol

Another thing which might have escaped notice is " the precedence set " the sovereign right of a nation to act against state sponsored terrorism. I wonder now world over how many countries might exercise that right , or conversely how many countries might refrain from sponsoring terrorism in fear of the same.

Anyways i seem to have built a bad habit of replying here more than I should lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 8:06am On Mar 06, 2019
nemesis8u:
grin grin grin

Opinions written for a news agency is facts ?

Anyways no need to answer me.

You really think we're fools to believe your opinion? undecided undecided undecided

"Get a load of this guy?".

You have been noticed you smelly Indian.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:13am On Mar 06, 2019
kabe1:

You really think we're fools to believe your opinion? undecided undecided undecided

please for God sake stop behaving irresponsible and foolish.

You are entitled to cooked up b.s and nemesis is entitled to his

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2019
giles14:
please for God sake stop behaving irresponsible and foolish.

You are entitled to cooked up b.s and nemesis is entitled to his

Why are you attacking him now, you are down thesame thing you criticize him of doing

He also has his own opinion
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2019
kabe1:

But bro why you carry this India matter for head naa? Wetin dem do you? undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 06, 2019
Del

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) ... (2202) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.