Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,561 members, 7,847,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3060072 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2019
yoged:
@officialbenison on instagram.
I hope you've not put this guy in trouble. This one Oga Stephen dey ask for him contact grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2019
claremont:

British army airborne veteran (16 Air Assault Brigade), highlight of my career was training with the American 82nd Airborne. I have also trained and deployed with airborne troops from most european armies e.g French (top drinkers!), German, polish etc. Travelled around the world, been to kenya several times to train kenyan airborne particularly their airborne medics. My ex-employers wouldn't send me to Nigeria for obvious reasons, they sent a few of my colleagues instead to Kaduna, Nigeria to train the air force ''SF''. The photos of my ex-colleagues were even posted here at some point.

I follow this thread because it brings back some nostalgic memories.
I recently applied to join the British army through the new law enacted by MP's Last year November that allows immigrants from commonwealth nations to join. considering the fact that they're not resident in the UK. I've got some questions I need to ask. Will really appreciate your response
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:10am On Mar 09, 2019
Faculty14:
I recently applied to join the British army through the new law enacted by MP's Last year November that allows immigrants from commonwealth nations to join. considering the fact that they're not resident in the UK. I've got some questions I need to ask. Will really appreciate your response

Hi mate? Pls can u enlighten me abt the process of applying? Thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2019
Faculty14:
I hope you've not put this guy in trouble. This one Oga Stephen dey ask for him contact grin
the guy has been sacked by the NA due to his complain on instagram and sensitive post.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2019
yoged:
the guy has been sacked by the NA due to his complain on instagram and sensitive post.
lol I follow him on instagram and all I see is he sharing his experience as a soldier serving in the NE.

He also raps and I strongly doubt he has been "sacked"

The post you're talking about was he making reference to how a fight can take you unaware even at your resting time.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by yoged(m): 11:56am On Mar 09, 2019
Faculty14:

lol I follow him on instagram and all I see is he sharing his experience as a soldier serving in the NE.

He also raps and I strongly doubt he has been "sacked"

The post you're talking about was he making reference to how a fight can take you unaware even at your resting time.
he actually posted a video, saying he made some enemies due to his post on instagram and he has since be let go, after serving and wasting 5 years of his life in the NA. But he took the video down after some hours. Some people also testify to it as well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2019
Maduawuchukwu:

okay firstly you need to know that before applying you must have a sponsor in the U.K who will be willing and ready to accommodate you while you stay there pending your recruitment process.

Secondly you must have a passport valid for at least 2years

Thirdly you'll be the one to finance your trip.

After you're through with your application. You'll take it to for submission at the UK embassy were it'll be processed and an invite for your visa application will be issued to you

https://apply.army.mod.uk/ use the link to start your registration and get more information

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2019
yoged:
he actually posted a video, saying he made some enemies due to his post on instagram and he has since be let go, after serving and wasting 5 years of his life in the NA. But he took the video down after some hours. Some people also testify to it as well
am not always on instagram so I might have missed that.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
yoged:
hats off for his contributions but I think stopped taking him serious when he shared a video of an American solder firing an M240 Machine gun and captioned it see sophisticated weapon.
Got me wondering what they teach this boys at depot these days.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by claremont(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
Faculty14:

If you live in the UK and have a valid visa that can accomodate the wait time whilst your application is being processed, you will eventually get in. The basic training was hard, but it gets easier when you get posted to your unit after training. Try to get into 16 AIr Assault brigade, pass your jump course and wear the maroon beret with pride. I have since left the BA, enjoying civvy street now.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bossman shared this throwback on his Facebook

OPERATION HARMONY IV BAKASSI
NIGERIA - CAMEROON CONFLICT 1998
THEN MAJOR TY BURATAI COMPANY COMMANDER 82 BATTALION ODEORO FISHING PORT. Now inside Cameroonian Territory, courtesy OBJ. (Self and Sergeant Christopher Habila then the Boat Engineer)

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
shadowprimezero:
Nigerian Army Troops of 22 Brigade repelled an ISWAP infiltration into Ngowm Village on Wednesday 6th March 2019, scores of terrorists killed. Military recovered are 2 Gun Trucks mounted with 12.7mm AA's 2 RPG Bombs and 5 AK47rifles. Additionally captured was a Galil ACE most likely looted from the Cameroonian BIR and almost certainly would have been used by an ISWAP commander. Nigerian Army defensive posture seems to have improved over the last few months around Lake T'chad with better base defences and fortifications.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
[quote author=bidexiii post=76499976][/quote]
The tires of the vehicles looks very new..
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2019
GeneralFarouq:

The tires of the vehicles looks very new..

Yeap.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2019
**MULTINATIONAL JOINT TASK FORCE TROOPS HUMBLE BOKO HARAM*. grin

- 40 BHT Killed
- 6 Gun Trucks Destroyed
Equipment, Arms and Ammunition Captured

In continuation of Operation YANCIN TAFKI which was launched last month, troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force, comprising Air and Land Components from Chad, Cameroon, Niger Republic and Nigeria have for the second time in about 10 days, dealt a devastating blow on Boko Haram Terrorists.

Last night, Boko Haram Terrorists operating along the Kamadougou River, between Niger and Nigeria, attacked troops location in Gueskerou, about 30 kilometers from Diffa in Niger Republic. However, troops showed valour and gallantry by fiercely defending their location and killing 27 terrorists, destroying 6 Gun Trucks and capturing several equipment, arms and ammunition. A few terrorists who escaped the fire fight were observed running towards Gashigar in Nigerian territory and were being pursued as at the time of issuing this Press Release.

In a related development, between 3 and 6 pm today, MNJTF troops also confronted Boko Haram Terrorists around Abadam, in the general area of Mallam Fatori. A summary of human and equipment casualty suffered by Boko Haram during the engagement is stated below:
a. 23X BHT KILLED
b. 20X AK 47 RIFLES
c. 5X AA GUN
d. 12X AK 47 RIFLES
e. 1000 X 7.62 MM AMMO
f. 500 X 12.7MM AMMO
g. 1 X BHT CAPTURED ALIVE
h. 5 X MOTOR CYCLES
i. 1 X MOTOR CYCLE DESTROYED.
j. 4 GUN TRUCKS DESTROYED
k. 3 GUN TRUCKS CAPTURED
l. 3 GENERAL PURPOSE MACHINE GUNS CAPTURED
m. 3 HAND GRENADES CAPTURED

It would be recalled that about 10 days ago, MNJTF troops also struck Boko Haram Terrorists in Dorou in Niger Republic, neutralizing many of them in the process. The MNJTF is therefore determined to intensify subsidiary operations such as raids, ambushes and fighting patrols among others until the last strong hold of Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Basin is neutralized.

Please, disseminate this information to the general public.

Colonel Timothy Antigha
Chief, Military Public Information Officer
MNJTF
N'Djamena - Chad

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:37am On Mar 10, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

- 40 BHT Killed
- 6 Gun Trucks Destroyed

In continuation of Operation YANCIN TAFKI which was launched last month, troops of the Multinational Joint Task Force, comprising Air and Land Components from Chad, Cameroon, Niger Republic and Nigeria have for the second time in about 10 days, dealt a devastating blow on Boko Haram Terrorists.

Last night, Boko Haram Terrorists operating along the Kamadougou River, between Niger and Nigeria, attacked troops location in Gueskerou, about 30 kilometers from Diffa in Niger Republic. However, troops showed valour and gallantry by fiercely defending their location and killing 27 terrorists, destroying 6 Gun Trucks and capturing several equipment, arms and ammunition. A few terrorists who escaped the fire fight were observed running towards Gashigar in Nigerian territory and were being pursued as at the time of issuing this Press Release.

In a related development, between 3 and 6 pm today, MNJTF troops also confronted Boko Haram Terrorists around Abadam, in the general area of Mallam Fatori. A summary of human and equipment casualty suffered by Boko Haram during the engagement is stated below:
a. 23X BHT KILLED
b. 20X AK 47 RIFLES
c. 5X AA GUN
d. 12X AK 47 RIFLES
e. 1000 X 7.62 MM AMMO
f. 500 X 12.7MM AMMO
h. 5 X MOTOR CYCLES
k. 3 GUN TRUCKS CAPTURED

It would be recalled that about 10 days ago, MNJTF troops also struck Boko Haram Terrorists in Dorou in Niger Republic, neutralizing many of them in the process. The MNJTF is therefore determined to intensify subsidiary operations such as raids, ambushes and fighting patrols among others until the last strong hold of Boko Haram in the Lake Chad Basin is neutralized.

Colonel Timothy Antigha
MNJTF
N'Djamena - Chad

A real bloody nose and bad day for BHT grin

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:41am On Mar 10, 2019
Silver Stars #EAF ��

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

- 40 BHT Killed
- 6 Gun Trucks Destroyed

a. 23X BHT KILLED
b. 20X AK 47 RIFLES
c. 5X AA GUN
d. 12X AK 47 RIFLES
e. 1000 X 7.62 MM AMMO
f. 500 X 12.7MM AMMO
h. 5 X MOTOR CYCLES
k. 3 GUN TRUCKS CAPTURED

Colonel Timothy Antigha
MNJTF
N'Djamena - Chad
These are the kinds of stuffs we like to read not 3 BH neutralised or 2 AK 47 recovered. Let them feel the heat too, fk them thru the ass, intensify the offensive until they cry out they don't want the 72 vees anymore. Kill as much as you can, if possible no POW, revenge the life's of comrades, CJTF and civilians killed. I just wish they could get Al-Barnawi and Shakau alive.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Faculty14(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
claremont:

If you live in the UK and have a valid visa that can accomodate the wait time whilst your application is being processed, you will eventually get in. The basic training was hard, but it gets easier when you get posted to your unit after training. Try to get into 1[b][/b]6 AIr Assault brigade, pass your jump course and wear the maroon beret with pride. I have since left the BA, enjoying civvy street now.

I like the Air assault brigade already, I was thinking of joining the para regiment or the armoured corps.

I would like to know if my degree obtained in Nigeria can give me the chance to join as an officer

Also if I can further my studies while in active service??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Emdee590(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
bidexiii:
LIST OF ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES FOR 2019 NIGERIAN AIR FORCE ZONAL RECRUITMENT EXERCISE
Eligible applicants for the 2019 Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Zonal Recruitment Exercise for Airmen/Airwomen are to report to their various zonal centers on 16 March, 2019. Applicants are to report with the original and photocopies of all relevant documents. They are once more reminded that the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment process is completely FREE OF CHARGE and without any gratification. Applicants are strongly advised NOT to have any dealings with anyone demanding money as a guarantee for recruitment into the Service, as no applicant is required to make any payment to any individual or bank account at any time during the recruitment process. Click on the link below for list of eligible candidates

http://airforce.mil.ng/downloads

You are to report at your chosen Nigerian Air Force Zonal Recruitment Centre for Screening Exercise on 16 March 2019 at 07:00am.

Anybody receive this message?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2019
yoged:
@officialbenison on instagram.
thanks
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
Looks like the NN ordered new boats from Ocea in France - C-Falcon interceptors.

"Among the smaller fast boats production family, Ocea also unveiled a new family of interceptors including the ordered four C-Falcon for the Nigerian navy, which modular design is capable to accomplish a variety of missions, from fast transport to anti-surface operations."

https://www.edrmag

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
rka2:
Looks like the NN ordered new boats from Ocea in France - C-Falcon interceptors.

"Among the smaller fast boats production family, Ocea also unveiled a new family of interceptors including the ordered four C-Falcon for the Nigerian navy, which modular design is capable to accomplish a variety of missions, from fast transport to anti-surface operations."

https://www.edrmag

Link not working
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
Sitrep

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:53pm On Mar 10, 2019
shadowprimezero:
Sitrep
It is winnable!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2019
Odunayaw:
It is winnable!
Absolutely. We just have to maintain the tempo this time around. Our strategy has always been to beat them back and then focus on containment for some reason, only for them to regain strength and hit back with a vengeance.

Theatre command has to go in for the kill this time. It's now or never.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2019
shadowprimezero:

Absolutely. We just have to maintain the tempo this time around. Our strategy has always been to beat them back and then focus on containment for some reason, only for them to regain strength and hit back with a vengeance.

Theatre command has to go in for the kill this time. It's now or never.
Yes, we're usually limited in mobility during rainy season because we use only land. I wish NAF had enough medium lift helicopters, it would make sure the balance is in our favor through the rains.
Also, by now we should have identified routes, tactics and procedures of these elements during rainy times, we just need to work smart.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.