Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (878) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3028983 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS AMBUSH BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS, RECOVER ARMS AS THEY ATTEMPT TO ATTACK DAMATURU

Following credible information of planned efforts by Boko Haram terrorists to attack Damaturu, troops of Sector 2, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, successfully laid an ambush which led to the extermination of many Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs), that attempted to attack Damaturu, Yobe State at about 5:15 pm, today Tuesday the 9th of April 2019.

The vigilant troops effectively ambushed the criminals few metres ahead of Maisandari community at the outskirts of the city of Damaturu.

The terrorists were overwhelmed by the superior fire power of the gallant troops and the well coordinated air support, from the Air Component of Operation LAFIYA DOLE.

Consequently, many terrorists met their waterloo, some were also wounded and the following items/equipments were recovered;
a. 2 x Gun Trucks
b. 2x Anti Aircraft Guns
c. 1 x 60 Millimetre Mortar
d. 4 x AK 47 Rifles
e. 1x General Purpose Machine Gun
f. 1,245 Rounds of 7.62 mm (NATO)

Troops have embarked on hot pursuit of the fleeing terrorists, mop up/combing of the general area is ongoing.

Further details and possible recoveries would be provided on completion of the mop up operations.

You are please requested to disseminate this information please.

NJOKA IRABOR
Lieutenant
Acting Assistant Director Army Public Relations
Sector 2 Operation LAFIYA DOLE
9 April, 2019
really irritating how military equipments easily fall into he hands of this terrorists.

Even the ivm G12 truck fell into their hands
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba2407: 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
fufubear:

That's awesome do you have a link to their YouTube page?

I dont know this by youtube,i know this by I have played in the mud.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2019
Jelal0007:
how about accuracy? We know the Ak-47 is pretty useless in terms of accuracy especially when aiming at targets beyond a hundred meters.

This is a modern rifle so accuracy must have been put into consideration.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2019
Jelal0007:
how about accuracy? We know the Ak-47 is pretty useless in terms of accuracy especially when aiming at targets beyond a hundred meters.
That's incorrect, out to 250m an AKM (what you call the -47) there is above 80% accuracy in single shots. Its in auto(which only is used during desperate times) that you can actually have "pretty uselessness" beyond 100m

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Emdee590(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2019
ugo4u:

I thought I was the only one that saw it. This calls for investigation, no wonder when I asked why the army can't get Tavor rifles for our regular troops someone in this forum don't no if it's you that said bokoharam will soon be seen with those rifles. Now it is getting clearer.
We are our own enemy gaskiya. Will this fight ever come to an end? I don't think so
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2019
Piracy attacks off Nigeria’s coast fell to 14 in the first quarter from 22 a year ago after the navy improved its response to incidents, the International Maritime Bureau said.

“These results confirm the Nigerian navy’s increased efforts to actively respond to reported incidents by dispatching patrol boats,” the London-based body that tracks attacks on sea vessels said. “Despite these efforts, Nigerian waters remain risky for vessels, especially the port of Lagos where four incidents have been reported.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-04-10/piracy-attacks-in-nigeria-fell-by-36-in-first-quarter-imb-says?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2019
Naf panthers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by oyinpr(m): 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
When is the documentary on the Panthers due??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fabselad(m): 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Naf panthers

Sorry to ask but have this guys ever faced BH or Iswap.Cause i feel like what they know best to do is take pics here and there.Have they been deployed to hot spots cause that is when we shall know id they are worth anything.Please just a question?

12 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2019
fabselad:

Sorry to ask but have this guys ever faced BH or Iswap.Cause i feel like what they know best to do is take pics here and there.Have they been deployed to hot spots cause that is when we shall know id they are worth anything.Please just a question?

they absolutely have, the unit is new but its commanders and trainers have been in the theatre since 2012 (some before that) that's 7 years of experience. and it's important to note NAF always has a regimental arm for force protection/ air base defense, these guys aren't just civilians in Gucci kit.

According to NAF, they are currently deployed in 14 states. what we don't see much is battlefield images from these folks and that shows real opsec training.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
oyinpr:
When is the documentary on the Panthers due??

True sha.............We dey wait for am unusually long now.

I sha am subscribed to NAF on YouTube and will share once notified of upload.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaV8King(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
fabselad:

The guy from whose Instagram these pics came is one of their instructors and I sure can tell you dem dey spill blood tey tey.

Although as jake said, their opsec is definitely top hence the lack of unofficial operations pics
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
DaV8King:

True sha.............We dey wait for am unusually long now.

I sha am subscribed to NAF on YouTube and will share once notified of upload.

What that Of Navy SBS??
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
I think Aradu is coming back soon, seeing naval sailors with inscribed F89 shirts moving in buses to and fro these days.

Or maybe just a training exercise with me imagining things cry cry
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
joshingjosh:

What that Of Navy SBS??
SBS those ones are ghost

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
joshingjosh:

What that Of Navy SBS??
SBS those ones are ghost especially the first ones
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
Texman21:

It’s like you know!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kalapizim:
I think Aradu is coming back soon, seeing naval sailors with inscribed F89 shirts moving in buses to and fro these days.

Or maybe just a training exercise with me imagining things cry cry
yeah Aradu is back in dry-dock but I don’t know what for
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Delivery flight Ivory Coast Air Force C295W

On 11 April 2019, Force Aérienne de la Côte d'Ivoire (FACI, Ivory Coast Air Force) Airbus Military C295W, serial TU-VMC (c/n 175) was photographed at Las Palmas-Gando (Canary Islands) on its delivery flight from Sevilla/San Pablo (Spain) to the Groupe Aérien du Transport at Abidjan/Port Bouet (Ivory Coast).

The transport aircraft will make a night stop at Las Palmas and continue its flight for the final leg on Friday 12 April 2019.

Photo credit Walter Heukensfeld

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

It’s like you know!!
me what do i know,you know things about them more than i do i am just a fan
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 6:54am On Apr 12, 2019
Ousted Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir should be handed over to the International Criminal Court, Amnesty International said after the army overthrew his three-decade iron rule on Thursday.

How come no one saw this since yesterday lol, what's going on in Sudan
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 12, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2019
Sizzorkay:
Ousted Sudanese president Omar al-Bashir should be handed over to the International Criminal Court, Amnesty International said after the army overthrew his three-decade iron rule on Thursday.

How come no one saw this since yesterday lol, what's going on in Sudan
why should dey hand him over to the ICC.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2019
Texman21:

Please which ones are the first ones? ...just a concerned fan cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by claremont(m): 9:01am On Apr 12, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

they absolutely have, the unit is new but its commanders and trainers have been in the theatre since 2012 (some before that) that's 7 years of experience. and it's important to note NAF always has a regimental arm for force protection/ air base defense, these guys aren't just civilians in Gucci kit.

According to NAF, they are currently deployed in 14 states. what we don't see much is battlefield images from these folks and that shows real opsec training.

If these guys are the same ones designed after the British RAF Regiment, it then means that they are not frontline troops. Th RAF Regiment, who I believe are involved in the training of these guys, have a primary role in protecting RAF bases. They are not involved in frontline combat. There might be some who are attached to frontline Army and SF troops, but this will be a secondment from their primary role. Infact, anyone who has served with the British will know that the RAF Regiment is the butt of all jokes, they are often known as 'wannabe soldiers'. They are not good enough or fit enough to join the Army, so they join the easy life of the Airforce. Google 'RAF regiment jokes'.

I have also noticed what the other guy mentioned. These NAF Regiment troops seem to take a lot of photos.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2019
claremont:

If these guys are the same ones designed after the British RAF Regiment, it then means that they are not frontline troops. Th RAF Regiment, who I believe are involved in the training of these guys, have a primary role in protecting RAF bases. They are not involved in frontline combat. There might be some who are attached to frontline Army and SF troops, but this will be a secondment from their primary role. Infact, anyone who has served with the British will know that the RAF Regiment is the butt of all jokes, they are often known as 'wannabe soldiers'. They are not good enough or fit enough to join the Army, so they join the easy life of the Airforce. Google 'RAF regiment jokes'.

I have also noticed what the other guy mentioned. These NAF Regiment troops seem to take a lot of photos.
There’s nothing wrong with taking pictures (as long as operational security is not jeopardized) let’s drop that topic. No these special forces weren’t trained by RAF, their trainers were trained by four troop Ltd for offensive roles. They have a whole “counter insurgency village” it’s a giant complex comparable to NA counter insurgency center. Their primary role might be protecting air bases and NAF assets wherever deployed but they are deployed to 14 states across the country plus how about we just wait and see how impressive they are in the documentary that’s about to be released.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2019

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2019
joshingjosh:

Please which ones are the first ones? ...just a concerned fan cool
2006 when the sbs were created they have got to be the first ones

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
I don't know why some Nigerians (and others) are like this. You complain that units are not well kitted etc. You have a newly created unit of Spec Ops troops for the NAF that originated with the guys sent to Belarus etc and formed part of the AFSF.

The unit was relaunched and named the PANTHERS and inducted with the new MRAP. Lots of photos were taken at the time, which are still appearing. Then someone complains that all they do is take photos. If no photos they will say Nigerian Armed Forces are too secretive.

Any opportunity to belittle, you will line up and do so. I just tire.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
rka2:
I don't know why some Nigerians (and others) are like this. You complain that units are not well kitted etc. You have a newly created unit of Spec Ops troops for the NAF that originated with the guys sent to Belarus etc and formed part of the AFSF.

The unit was relaunched and named the PANTHERS and inducted with the new MRAP. Lots of photos were taken at the time, which are still appearing. Then someone complains that all they do is take photos. If no photos they will say Nigerian Armed Forces are too secretive.

Any opportunity to belittle, you will line up and do so. I just tire.
That’s why I barely reply some people on this thread mate, I don’t know how someone can come to a photo thread and complain about too many photos Like Are you normal

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2019

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
X

(1) (2) (3) ... (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.