Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (108814 Views)

The Mayor Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Ibos On Planned Biafra Protest In Lagos / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / Amaechi Begs For Forgiveness, Sues For Peace During Guber Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Omila007: 9:31am On Apr 06, 2015
I
Aarenaija:
Before my Ibo brothers begin to abuse the Oba of Lagos, I want them to answer these question:

Can any Yoruba man go to Anambra,Enugu, Abia, IMO or Ebonyi to contest for elections?

Or, can anyone from Yoruba land go to these states to claim ownership of Land or tell an Ibo man that his land is a no mans Land?

the fact that the South west accommodates everyone should not be taken for weakness.

There should be some Cheacks and balances in all you do. You don't come to a mans house and tell him how to run his home.

If you must vote for a candidate,
courtesy demands that you align yourself to the will of the people that is hosting you.

OK JiMi is an igbo man now abi?
And all those people who voted PDP in all SW states are bastards abi??

Guy they have more yorubas supporting JiMi agbaje take it or leave it.
My neighbor is a living witness.
If I may ask who made Ambode the yoruba concensus candidate.
Or are there no obas in Lagos who support Jimi Agbaje?

It is irresponsible to threaten a Nigerian for carrying out his civic duties. It then becomes shameless that after calming sophistication and love for country. Some people here have exhibited this height and level of hypocrisy.

6 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by lemolemo: 9:31am On Apr 06, 2015
kettykin:

Just support biafra and igbos will leave
just strategise for your victory . But doubt you can come near it. If only you guys stay home and develop your home but you won't.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by eejo(m): 9:31am On Apr 06, 2015
Nigerians welcome to change this is just the beginning apc change my foot

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

God has decreed power to him....going against him mean you rebel against God.
Bros, with all due respect. If jonathan bribed your oba and the Oba told you to vote for jonathan, since God has bestowed power on him, would you have voted for Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by LORDCYBORG(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2015
Aarenaija:
Before my Ibo brothers begin to abuse the Oba of Lagos, I want them to answer these question:

Can any Yoruba man go to Anambra,Enugu, Abia, IMO or Ebonyi to contest for elections?

Or, can anyone from Yoruba land go to these states to claim ownership of Land or tell an Ibo man that his land is a no mans Land?

the fact that the South west accommodates everyone should not be taken for weakness.

There should be some Cheacks and balances in all you do. You don't come to a mans house and tell him how to run his home.

If you must vote for a candidate,
courtesy demands that you align yourself to the will of the people that is hosting you.

I'm an Igbo guy but somehow this ur statement is a very sensible and meaningful one, the Oba shouldnt have threatened anyone. An average Igbo man has a lot of wisdom to know you dont make trouble with your hosts in thier land. History will tell you that over and over again.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by JUHABACH: 9:33am On Apr 06, 2015
Ayus34:

if u like say anything you like about my personality or the Oba.....that's ur headache, maybe they said this or not ,an average Yoruba man now know where a typical Igbo man belong and my decisions is not influenced by the oba....yeebos should not be shown love in any serious nation or society that want to keep their moral and grow,they must be hated and possibly pelted with stones,coz they re very dangerous than any other tribe in Nigeria. ......their statements during the last election here on nairaland and other forum justify that. .....they need to be paid back in their own coin. ....educated or not that's ur palaces!

LOL

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by HzRF(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Oba Akiolu does not need to say it......its the popular and mainstream feeling in Lagos.

If Ibo misstep in this election, their future in Lagos will regress, simple!

Regress and watch Hw ur so called rich state also get regress
Burn down their shops and collect tax from d ruins
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Canme4u(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2015
babyosisi:

You mean they now enthrone raving lunatics as Oba in a place like Lagos shocked shocked shocked
I want to believe this is fake ,that is my first hunch because if it isn't the man definitely needs to be institutionalized in a psychiatric ward in chains before he takes off his clothes to ring his bell to balogun market

Just as they did to your father right?

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by lemolemo: 9:33am On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=todayboy post=32399487]i am highly disappointed of the oba[ oba has spoken
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Firefire(m): 9:34am On Apr 06, 2015
bayulll01:

Why don't you shut the hell up,Lagos as has been home for everybody but we will never allow you to come and sabotage us the way u did in your east,you never voted for buhari and you people are the first to bring out list,you have 3members of house of representatives in lagos now,things that will never happen in your east you think we are dumbb abi,continue with your sabotage and see what will befall you

Okay sir, awon Oba oni jekuje, Oba jegudu jera. Olorun a daaa.

Aki fi omo ire bo'ire. go figure that out!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 06, 2015
Arysexy:
As am reading this rubbish, am already boiling within. Going to ABC to book Lagos ticket now, jimi has my vote come saturday. will sensitize my few friends in Lagos about this threat and those sitting on d fence have to come out and make a statement with their votes.

The last person u will threaten in Nigeria is an igbo man. Not even from a coward cream rubbing oba.

Jimi is as yoruba as ambode, so Why d threat if not to cover his master thiefnubuu dirty deals in Lagos.

If He wants Lagos to scatter We will help him do it.

Oba Thunder uproot u from that unroyal stool. Anu mpama

Lagos will not be scattered. Igbo's in Lagos and all they own will be decimated!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by internetpirate: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2015
Why are you guys suddenly apologetic and now claiming the Oba didn't say that? We will clear your doubts once and for all! If the Igbos don't all die as the Oba said, may his generations never find peace!!! Or does he think he has a monopoly on spirituality??

ultimatum:

Believe and act on that "freedom online" report on ThisDay newspaper at your own peril and regret. THE OBA OF LAGOS DIDN'T SAY THAT RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by JUHABACH: 9:35am On Apr 06, 2015
GenIgrigi:
**grins** Now with the power bestowed on me as a Scion of Alusi Ogwugwu n'ama Igbo. As the holder of Igrigi na'akpa ike title. I hereby place a curse on any Igbo man who bows to this threat on the Igbo nation. Nobody, I repeat nobody threatens the Igboman.
If you are an Igboman and thumbprint for the Ambode in Lagos, may you never be successful with that finger.

Those Igbos who have no investment in Aligbo i pity your generation. This country will disintergrate and YOU WILL go hungry. The signs are there but you won't just heed. I really pity you. My sympathy in advance.
ROFL

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by CORRECTMAN78(m): 9:35am On Apr 06, 2015
May God PUNISH this Oba, his present generation and once to come, and all those who are in support this unimaginable insult and humiliation on Ndi Igbo. May he never live to see April 11. I don't blaim he, I rather blaim Zik. Like I earlier said may this stooge, Oba of Lagos die a pupa!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 06, 2015
With all respect to the office of The Oba of Lagos.
I am a Bonafide Igbo man, born in Lagos and lived all my years here. I am a Genuie Child of God. No human being on earth, dead or alive threatens me or commands me to do what i don't wanna do.
I just hope its a rumour or some fake news. But if the Oba really said so, He has lost my vote. For that reason I VOTE AGBAJE.
No body would take a pin of my hair. If he tries it, he pays the price.

2 Likes

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by HzRF(m): 9:36am On Apr 06, 2015
godunia:
That news has a source does not make it true,I doubt this information except I see d video Yorubas are too civilized to embark on issues like this after all there s nothing in d political sphere of Lagos that threatens d candidature of Ambode.if all d ibos in Lagos could not make gej win Lagos last week,is it on Saturday the story will change especially now that APC is d central Government? Mbanu.
Itz not yet may29
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by kliq(m): 9:37am On Apr 06, 2015
I won't vote Ambode

Bastard angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 06, 2015
internetpirate:
Yet you want to go to America and have your vote count? That's why I'm on the fence! The so-called progressives are smokescreens for tribalism, bigotry and religious fundamentalism!!

Let's test the spiritual strength of the Oba of Lagos! If his prediction doesn't happen, watch his life from then on...

Those who understand spiritual dynamics do not take other people's spirituality for granted, Oba or settler!

Lol. In America and everywhere else, there are kingmakers. Democracy is just to make the populace feel good.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by WisdomFlakes: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2015
LORDCYBORG:
I'm an Igbo guy but somehow this ur statement is a very sensible and meaningful one, the Oba shouldnt have threatened anyone. An average Igbo man has a lot of wisdom to know you dont make trouble with your hosts in thier land. History will tell you that over and over again.

In my experience, most Igbo Lagosians are loyal and hardworking everyday folks who also want what is best for Lag, even though like every other ethnic nationality they have their militant elements (massob/biafra/no-mans-land advocates). Na we all go follow vote for Ambo.

Ambode will definitely win this coming gubernatorial election and a lot of our igbo brothers will vote for him to make it happen not coz Akiolu coerced them to, but coz they know Lagos needs a FG-collabo right now more than ever and will take full advantage of the opportunity.

JK intends to use Lagos money to oil the practically comatose PDP machinery and we Lagosians just aren't having that.

Ambo Ni Jo.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Firefire(m): 9:38am On Apr 06, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Are you not ashamed, still making comments after all the noise you made before March 28 about Buhari losing?

I will never be ashamed to be a Nigerian and a lover of peace.

A to ka loju yin, Ni gba ti awon obaiye je ba bere ise owo won undecided

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by bayulll01(m): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Firefire:

Okay sir, awon Oba oni jekuje, Oba jegudu jera. Olorun a daaa.

Aki fi omo ire bo'ire. go figure that out!

Lol lmao now u are claiming yorubas wagbon one things about us we are master planners we will talk after 11april
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by lemolemo: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Chosen1984:
With all respect to the office of The Oba of Lagos.
I am a Bonafide Igbo man, born in Lagos and lived all my years here. I am a Genuie Child of God. No human being on earth, dead or alive threatens me or commands me to do what i don't wanna do.
I just hope its a rumour or some fake news. But if the Oba really said so, He has lost my vote. For that reason I VOTE AGBAJE.
No body would take a pin of my hair. If he tries it, he pays the price.
you lose your shop and business I think !
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by wokomabest(m): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Where have people kept their sence of reasoning "the oba has spoken" spoken what? He don't threaten people just because he want a particular candidate to win the election, he is so uncivilized like his supporters on NL.nigerians are all over the world and they are eligible voters because they are resident there. the Queen or king of that land dont come to tell them where to vote or they will be shot.( bullshit) is time for people to grow up in this part of our world and allow freedom to vote for candidate of ur chioce, and to be voted for. That's democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by mizzyboy007: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
I am a supporter of ambode.... but this rubbish the oba just said..... ambode might win but he just lost my vote.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by SirShymexx: 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Jk210:

Well said. Besides why was the title of this topic changed to "you'll die in seven days etc on the front page? A particular mod trying to stoke ethnic Hatred? Seun you need to tutor your mods on not using your forum to stoke ethnic division

Lol. Trust the Igbo supermods, who're also PDP rats to always add sensationalism to everything. grin

When the war kicks off now, they'll be first to be consumed.

And any volcano that is going to erupt in that country, will start in Lagos - just as the putsch which kick-started the Biafran war started in the same place.

When the idi.otic Igbo leader said something similar during the Anambra elections about Yorubas, with GEJ sitting there, they never gave it the same flavour. Stupid muthaphuckas.
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by etenyong(m): 9:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Empty vessel making unguarded noise. FFK and Fayose made lots of noise some weeks ago but they are silent now. I will vote for Jimi and nothing will happen.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by Firefire(m): 9:40am On Apr 06, 2015
CORRECTMAN78:
May God PUNISH this Oba, his present generation and once to come, and all those who are in support this unimaginable insult and humiliation on Ndi Igbo. May he never live to see April 11. I don't blaim he, I rather blaim Zik. Like I earlier said may this stooge, Oba of Lagos die a pupa!

small small I beg...
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by bidex(m): 9:40am On Apr 06, 2015
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
If this is true, then the Oba is a fool. Was he not the one rooting for Jona? hmmm... I don't know what to believe
Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by proxillin(m): 9:40am On Apr 06, 2015
My fellow Yoruba, Let's apply decorum here. Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba all belong to this country. Nobody should be forced to vote again his will.

Igbo voted for Jonathan last time , yet he lost.

Igbo are bittered right now. They are always full of hate and tribal.

Let them vote anyone they want. And stop intimidating them.
If they however, for jimi and ambode eventually wins, it won't be good for their okirika economy and business.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by nduchucks: 9:40am On Apr 06, 2015
JUHABACH:

except he did.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/vote-for-ambode-or-perish-inside-the-lagoon-oba-akiolu-tells-igbos/206050/

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=235099

Hmmm, I stand corrected then.

These monarchs were not elected and they do not practice democracy. While the Oba erred, the Igbo leaders are well advised to cooperate with him.

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by DDoubleUps(m): 9:40am On Apr 06, 2015
What am insult, who is that foolish oba that thinks that he can threaten the Igbos to vote for his stooge? He made a collusal mistake with this his rants and come election day he will understand what it means that Igbo nwe eze, even those that had wanted to stay out will come out and vote against his stooge and we will see what the drunk fool will do... owner of lagos indeed and implying that he has more power than God... your eyes go open soon

1 Like

Re: Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun by lyvin: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2015
pazienza:

The Oba is a straight forward man, and should be commended for saying his heart, this his utterance is so unlike Yorubas, they usually hide their innate Igbophobia well,which is the very reason we have too many naive. one Nigeria Igbo apologists, statements like the one Oba made is highly needed to wake them up from their ignorance induced sleep.

Oba, May God bless you, if truly you said this, may your days be long. Isee!
Oba Akiolu is expected to be non partisan as both candidates are his subjects. Why is he desecrating the royal stool. What happens if JK wins. He would have shot himself on the leg.
There is no sense in this threat at all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply)

Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him / Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.