Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (65732 Views)

See What Oba Of Benin & Obaseki Were Spotted Doing In Benin Today(photos) / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by olisa4(m): 9:30am On Apr 07, 2015
jmoore:

And the Igbos voted for Obasanjo, Yar adua and Goodluck despite the fact that none of them is from Igbo.

Common sense is no longer common.

ignore that mad man, he is as stupid as his useless oba
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by olisa4(m): 9:33am On Apr 07, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba owes no one any explanation. He said it and he meant every word of what he said. The message is clear

I just advise those who he addressed to make the necesary adjustment cos when it starts now, Na you go bear the brunt

Oba Akiolu, For saying this, I have found a new level of respect for you.

Any Shidioma, Shidioke or Shiwere who wants electoral post should face Aba, Umuahia or Enugu

BTW this is the sign of things to come in Lagos and the entire Southwest after the election
many are mad, few are roaming
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by bigbams24: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2015
MaximusMeridius:
Obas should not be involved in politics, when 2 of your children fight you don't take sides. He did it in the primaries with Ambode against better APC candidates and got away with it. The problem is Ambode on his own merit does not appeal to many, both ibo and Yorubas. The guy comes across rather dull, unimaginative and rather like a Jonathan mkII...a puppet,a goofball. Ambode cannot win on his own merit, if the Oba hadn't interfered with the APC primaries, a credible candidate that the people can get behind like Sasore, Pitan etc would have emerged, now he is facing the prospect of a clearly more intelligent candidate in Agbaje and they are scared. Not that Agbaje is that great I should add just that next to Ambode he comes across as Einstein.

if he really wants to soil himself by getting involved in politics, then the Oba should first try to convince his yoruba kinsmen why they should vote for Ambode. Threatening people is unbecoming, apologise for the imposition and tell Ambode to up his game, all we see from Ambode's campaigns are studio portraits and musicians dancing, idea, manifesto none! All we hear is continuity, continuity of what, Lekki-express way Scam and the likes? He is trying to imply Ambode is the candidate because they've "consulted", if so then there is no need to fear except they don't really beleive in their "consultations" :lol: The reason why Ambode has a problem (apart from the fact that he is dull) is the people don't like the way he was imposed. if they had allowed the best candidates to emerge, they won't be worried about April 11 because APC started in Lagos and APC has momentum, if you are worried about APC in Lagos they, you know you really bleeped up!!!. People are eager to vote for candidates they beleive in, we are also eager to see federal and state presence in Lagos but it's hard to get the inspiration to spend a whole day to vote for an establishment puppet who cannot even articulate his own vision.

Jk is clearly the better candidate but I'm definitely not voting for him because I don't like the company he keeps. APC are no saints especially Lagos APC but PDP is a party of thugs, criminals and people of dubious characters. Orubebe, 'koro and Foyose and the kind of people in left in PDP and as such i won't vote for JK. I am Yoruba and I can't see why I should vote for Ambode and that's my dilema should I stay at home or vote for APC, because if I do vote it won't be for Ambode but for APC.

Ambode: wrong candidate, right party
JK: Right candidate, wrong party
Oba of Lagos: No comment: because as a yoruba son, I must respect my elders and the institution.

This is sooo on point! Good head on you bro!

http://thenakedconvos.com/why-the-election-results-might-not-matter/
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Mapletraks: 11:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Faraidi:
This useless oba that is controled by Tinubu.South west kingship is rubbish,it is suppose to be primogeniture

^^^^^
^^^^^

You are VERY STUPID for insulting our Royal Majesty, The Oba of Lagos
and South West Kingship... angry

faraidi you are a mofo.... that has no decent ancestry... angry
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Horlufemi(m): 11:26am On Apr 07, 2015
Ambode: wrong candidate, right party
JK: Right candidate, wrong party

Lagos has suffered enough from opposition party. please let's vote for APC. Ambode will learn.

Don't sell your birthright to PDP.

don't vote because jk seems friendly to Igbo. ndigbo have prospered in Lagos. Don't end it by voting for PDP. We know what we are saying. don't end your prosperity by voting using sentiment. Lagos is a project that APC is experienced in. let Lagos continue in this growth I'm begging you. a lot of projects could be stalled or abandoned. that is the way of the PDP.

Let logic overcome your sentiment. let do what is right for the greater good.

Let's leave this tribalsm of a thing.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Memphis357(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

F**k you!!!!!!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by johnsonphina: 11:31am On Apr 07, 2015
eagleeye2:

And that is why the Oba should threaten the Igbos

NO, the oba overstepped his boundary but i noticed PDP are now spreading the news around lagos so that they will get the support of the igbos. one thing am sure of Ambode is not tribalistic...
watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMH0XZLQK2k
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by maskid(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2015
superstar1:
Yes Oba made the statement, what will happen.

It is either you live with it or you go back to the gully eroded land of setting sun.

He is on his land and can say and do as he likes.

With or without your vote, Ambode will be the governor.

JK is still our son and you will forever be foreigners and shall be dealt with accordingly.

I thought you are 80% of Lagos, you can as well march to the Oba's palace and demand for his dethronement. I doubt if any of you will return back to your enclave alive.

However, we are expecting your usual whining, shameless, lame, pathetic and emotional ultimatum.

My child, u are still living in the past. Am from this land (epe) and i have as much right as dat disgrace of an oba. He shuld not riddicle us becos he does nt like the ibos. And 4 yur infornation., he cannot do as he likes. We the people can easily dipose him. This is not his private property and he shuld nor threaten the ibos. The country belongs to all of us.

Yorubas are not beasts

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by basadenet: 11:52am On Apr 07, 2015
This us an after thought, because the damage has already been done.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by TheProfe: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
menix:

Oga will u shut up, expect ur anus is where ur brain is.

Take ur time nd listen to d audio nd stop being st:upid....

Most u allow sentiment take ova d brain God has given to u freely..

Your comments show you are obviously far from being intellectually fit. Otherwise, you won't post comments like a deranged slowpoke.
I guess you won't mind hurling insults at your parents neither would you mind them being insulted.

A simple advice - it is not your business to correct your father's age mate (and who MOST DEFINITELY has achieved more than your parents have and can EVER achieve) by way of insults!!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ochukofortune(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
The foolish thing I see here is same people fighting each other. Agbaje is a yoruba and same as Ambode! So, I wonder y an Oba will threaten other tribes for a dispute between Yorubas. I feel We As Nigerians have the right to vote who we deem fit same as we voted Buhari...No threat will stop me from doing something I know is right...My vote is my right....Go to Hell
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Ekaka1(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Now that the video has surfaced I hope all e-defenders of that Rascal called Akiolu can go hide their faces in shame now!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by onyebuchiokafor: 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
VOTE AMBODE for 2015...APC for CHANGE!!!!!!!!!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by stevenosa(m): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

Respect is a two way channel. Whatever you say at this point in time does not really matter to us now. The "OBA" must retract his words and publicly apologies to the IBOs living in Lagos State. If I may ask you, did you watch the video to see what really happened at the function and compare it to what the palace of the OBA is saying?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by EsanEmmanuel(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Funjosh:
Ok I haff heared.
Oga are we still voting agbaje or ambode
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Faraidi(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mapletraks:

^^^^^
^^^^^

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Faraidi(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mapletraks:

^^^^^
^^^^^

Your forefathers are pigs
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Faraidi(m): 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
django1:

Are you drunk?
Yes! Like your father.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Funjosh(m): 3:09am On Apr 08, 2015
EsanEmmanuel:
Oga are we still voting agbaje or ambode

AGBAJE. smiley
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by EsanEmmanuel(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2015
Funjosh:

AGBAJE. smiley
would have loved to do same bro... buh I cant just allow these igbo peeps be boasting they own lag! nah... i am talking from experience. if we are not careful what happened in kwara state will repeat itself here
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by johnsonphina: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2015
Ekaka1:
Now that the video has surfaced I hope all e-defenders of that Rascal called Akiolu can go hide their faces in shame now!

whats your point? Is he campaigning for APC? y is everybody just saying because the oba insulted d igbos they won't vote for APC.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by johnsonphina: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2015
Truth be told....until JK started his campaign, Lagos didn't have Igbos, Yorubas or Hausas. All she had were Lagosians. The hussles and buzzles...the hard life...the struggle for survival...from the bus conductors..to the bus drivers ...passengers...commuters...agbero...bla bla bla...they all spoke a common Lagos language...with the common Lagos sharpness...common Lagos
alertness and a common Lagos vision...the vision for a better developed, and peaceful Lagos of greater opportunities. This bond had built their drive for prosperity...from Tinubu to Fashola...working hand in hand with a very ethnic rich cabinet...made of pat utomi, joe igbokwe, ben akabueze, and a host of others, lagosians had always been lagosians. But like I said...that was until JK started his campaign.Just like PDP is known..taking devilish advantage of our differences... Religious differences on a national level, ethnic differences on a local level..and even academic differences on certain occasions...this has been the hallmark of pdp.Lagosians should look beyond these difference as always...vote for the party that has always offered the best... But keep tribal diff out of the way...because at the end of the day...everyone shares the same struggle. Let us stop seeing things from a tribal perspective.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Funjosh(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
EsanEmmanuel:
would have loved to do same bro... buh I cant just allow these igbo peeps be boasting they own lag! nah... i am talking from experience. if we are not careful what happened in kwara state will repeat itself here

This s not the issue of Igbo owns Lagos, its only the mumu among them that thinks lagos belong to them. This is all about who is to be the next governor of Lagos state. mind both Agbaje and his deputy are Yoruba lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by sulenuhu4gidi: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
softRay:

they want change in Nigeria, yet they are still supporting continuity in Lagos, but we say no, power must change hand..vote out apc nd deir bunch of lairs nd decievers..

i see that you are enemy of progress after all fashola did in lagos u still want to vote PDP so they will come n destroy lagos for us... APC is d party, am voting Ambode
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by sulenuhu4gidi: 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
Funjosh:

This s not the issue of Igbo owns Lagos, its only the mumu among them that thinks lagos belong to them. This is all about who is to be the next governor of Lagos state. mind both Agbaje and his deputy are Yoruba lipsrsealed

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by EsanEmmanuel(m): 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Funjosh:

the igbos on my street dont believe they are mumu... they believe they are the kingmakers in lagos and na person dem support only go enter! abeg shift! For me and everyone in my compound here in ikorodu... we are supporting continuity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by johnsonphina: 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
the fact that lagosians made non lagosians comfortable in lagos doesn't make lagos a no mans land... i see that PDP have really deceived so many people to make dem bliv dat lagos is no mans land. think well, if ur dad allow a stranger to stay in his house and the stranger one
day wake up n say this is my house nobody can send me out, how would u feel? be sincere
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
Nobody owns nigeria infact we igbos fear no one u can see dat in ojuchuwu ..it out of hatred of ibo dat boko haram started now boko h hav destroyed d north kidnaped it so caled hausa girls kiled many now who is losin here ibo or hausa .wen eva u kil an inocent man in anger wen u cnt see who 2kil u wil kil ur own relation dat wat boko h r doin. .
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
I can c dat a youruba man hav 2much respect 4thr fathers in fact they can alow thr father 2f.uck thr wifes and even kil them jus 2prove thr respect but we d ibos dnt do dat .so i realy dnt knw wat 2say 2dat oba..but many greata men dan him hav bin kiled so like it or not he is stil a comon human. ..
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
i pray apc wil be beta dan pdp. .but when and after apc wil be in power for 8 years or 16years pple wil see dat there is realy no diference betwen apc and pdp . ..dat it was jus pure politics hahahahaha pure deception. .d black man mentality
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by churchmind: 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt] Oba Akiolu said a different thing from the misinterpretation by ignorant mischievous trouble makers who don't understand English.
GEJIDIOTS deliberately misreporting it to anger and provoke Igbos and others in Lagos not to vote for Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Well, Igbos are too intelligent to be fooled and misinformed. [/size]
u n ur manipluted brain r in coma,wakeup

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Holds Umbrella For Osinbajo When It Was Raining In Ekiti (Pic / Uchechi Okwu-Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Wife In Nigeria To See Her Husband (Photos) / Meet The Youngest Wife Of Alaafin Of Oyo, She’s Extremely Beautiful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.