Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (65734 Views)

See What Oba Of Benin & Obaseki Were Spotted Doing In Benin Today(photos) / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
shizzleStar:
Didn't oni of ife say publicly that traditioinal rulers dont canvass openly in favour of a politician or particular candidate?

Whoever appointed this shameless thug as an oba should be skinned alive for such grave and unforgivable mistake.

He should be dethroned immediately to save the 'throne' from further disrepute from that bigoted tout of an oba.

I agree with you, go ahead and dethrone him jare afterall, you have "the numbers" and Lagos is no-man's land!

Go ahead ...or do you still need anyone's permission?

Talk is Cheap!
Children of HATE

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ebukaOtika(m): 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hmmm To me oooo ,,. If na Igbo Eze or Obi talk dis tin naw to "Awon Omo Ede Yoruba"
They will also Misunderstand him ,,,,

I just pray for God's Intervention on this Issue.

Just to tell you all that I've never bought Kerosine 50 for 1 Litre in my life oooo ,.,,,

But people dey buy am like dat somewhere oooo
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
lastpage:

[s]I agree with you, go ahead and dethrone him jare afterall, you have "the numbers" and Lagos is no-man's land!

Go ahead ...or do you still need anyone's permission?

Talk is Cheap!
Children of HATE

Lastpage![/s]
Lastgoat, take your stewpidity elsewhere. The frustrated tout of an oba should learn decency from oni of ife. He has desecrated the 'obaship' with his unguarded and senseless comment and shoulld be sanctioned.

Silly, useless, bigoted oba-werey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
Governor Ambode:
The governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress in Lagos, Akinwumi Ambode, on Monday said if elected, he would promote the interest of every ethnic groups within the state.
Mr. Ambode, the Lagos APC and the Oba of Lagos, Riliwan Akiolu, have come under fire from Nigerians following a report credited to the Oba that Igbos in Lagos would perish in the lagoon should they fail to vote for Mr. Ambode, his choice for Lagos governorship.

Mr. Ambode is facing stiff opposition from the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Jimi Agbaje, whose party performed well at the March 28 presidential and national assembly elections.
In the heat of hate speech allegation, Mr Ambode, in a statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES Monday afternoon said every group and ethnic is important to build Lagos.

‎”Every group in Lagos will be safe in my hands as governor,” Mr. Ambode said. “I will not discriminate against any religious or ethnic group. It is our Lagos and we must build it together,” he said.

The former Lagos state accountant-general added that he would be a governor for all.

“In my acceptance speech after the primaries I made this note that I will be a governor for all and Lagos is safe in my hands. I want to build on the foundation of unity, peace and progress and development laid by my predecessors.

“And though tongue and tribe may differ, we stand in brotherhood in Lagos from the smallest ethnic groups to the major ones. We are all stakeholders,” the APC candidate said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/180682-anti-igbo-comment-ambode-disowns-oba-of-lagos-says-every-ethnic-group-safe-under-me.html

Oba was wrong but according to tradition, "Kabiyeesi" can NEVER be wrong! grin grin

Now, can we have some quiet please?

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by hubreality(m): 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Collynzo9:
Oba of Lagos actually made that statement. Even APC's premium times confirmed it from those who were there.
The voice recording of the supposedly Oba's threat to Igbos living in Lagos got uploaded to Soundcloud, just listened to it now.
Power to rule/lead comes from God not man. Kabiyesi may your days be long, Igbos are your good friends and brothers. Let the act of democracy have her way, APC got Lagos already, no need for any kind of tribal threat as every Nigerian has 100% right to vote for whosoever he or she wants irrespective of religion, ethnicity, location or any affiliation.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by softwareman(m): 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
pasol4real:
fool of the highest order dats wot u are .Why are u n ur oba scared of losing Lagos to ur own son ,or is it because the igbos are in support of him .thought u said yorubas are 80% in lag.i guess the presidential elections,despite the fact it was rigged gave u guies a hell of a scare u n ur oba can go hug à transformer for all we care.We wud come out in mass n show u guies we are the majority in Lagos come saturday.unless the election is rigged tinubu,oba n ambode wud lose to the igbos n jimi agbaje. N If this makes u feel any better ,4 igbos wud be represnting lagos in the house of representatives .
The typical ranting chest beating lunacy that leads to the routing of July 1966.
We remember how someone sometime ago boasted that no power in black Africa can defeat his rag tag biafran army . It always emds in ignominious defeat for a people whose trade, ark is ingratitude and contempt for their host community.

I hope by now Yoruba people are waking up to see you people for what you really are and what the Hausa and rivers people have known for years.
Ingrates, arrogant, expansionistic and greedy.
I can understand why you will not have respect for other people's culture and traditions, since you are a people without culture..
As for Saturday, we cannot wait!! Please you people should come out in full , while we do as well. It is time we put things to test.

Afterwards we promise to put you people IN YOUR RIGHTFUL PLACE. A MAT CHILD DOES NOT DESERVE MATRESS!!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
shizzleStar:
Lastgoat, take your stewpidity elsewhere. The frustrated tout of an oba should learn decency from oni of ife. He has desecrated the 'obaship' with his unguarded and senseless comment.

And what can you do, despite developing High Blood pressure?
Do you want to suffer another defeat within a space of two weeks?

Street hawkers like you are irrelevant in the scheme of things.
You dont count.... Your Vote (if you even have PVC) does not count.

Infact, you dont exist... other than to satisfy our need to buy handkerchief during traffic hold-ups! grin grin

Now gerrout before l change my mind and flush you down the WC.

Olooshi Fl@thead trying to get my attention! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by lastpage: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
hubreality:

The voice recording of the supposedly Oba's threat to Igbos living in Lagos got uploaded to Soundcloud, just listened to it now.
Power to rule/lead comes from God not man. Kabiyesi may your days be long, Igbos are your good friends and brothers. Let the act of democracy have her way, APC got Lagos already, no need for any kind of tribal threat as every Nigerian has 100% right to vote for whosoever he or she wants...

Endorsed 100%

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Arysexy(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oba bu ezigbote ezi ofia. Udele rifolu ya nsi
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Arysexy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Coward oba trying to deny his comment

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by gabriplane(m): 7:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
Billyonaire:
In 1800s, the early settlers in Lagos were the Ile Ife Fishermen and the travelers from Benin Kingdom who ferry slaves to Badagri and Ghana. War broke out between the Benin and Ile-Ife fishermen, both groups were NOT owners of Lagos. The Benin fighters defeated the Ile-Ife fishermen, and in 1836, the Oba of Benin called this land, Eko. It was to be named Lagos by the portuguese later on.

Eko, is the original name and was given to this No Man's land by the Oba of Benin in the 1830s.

Please be guided.
brother back in the days lagos/Eko was just lagos island and other parts such as epe, ikorodu e.t. c. where not part of the old lagos, even still there is no place without indigenous people afterall even America has its natives and if u want to go by history ur village is also a no man's land cos according history the noks were the first people in Nigeria.... back to ur write up!....talking about the bini and ife pple, they are both of thesame ancestry.. I won't like to write much but mark my words u pple would soon start to say Ogun state is also a no man's land...and u do and say this things cos u know that the yorubas are welcoming people and u take advantage of that.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by willexyaho(m): 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
So for
you to even engage Igbos on this issue I think frankly that is
not fair to me. I have not seen the reason for this. How can I speak
on something that I have not seen. So please let us be
careful of what we say or do so that we do not disrupt a
process that has ended peacefully and in a matter of days
we would be able to finish it. Oba, you are a present ruler and a statesman in your
own right. And as a ruler, you should be very
careful with what you do or say and i also expect you to be
careful about your public conduct .
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
lastpage:

[s]And what can you do, despite developing High Blood pressure?
Do you want to suffer another defeat within a space of two weeks?

Street hawkers like you are irrelevant in the scheme of things.
You dont count.... Your Vote (if you even have PVC) does not count.

Infact, you dont exist... other than to satisfy our need to buy handkerchief during traffic hold-ups! grin grin

Now gerrout before l change my mind and flush you down the WC.

Olooshi Fl@thead trying to get my attention! grin grin

Lastpage![/s]
lastgoat your are a despicable FOOL.

you quoted me first yet you talk about attention. what an iddiott! May thunder fire those leprous fingers you used in typing this nonsense.

I pity your parents who rejoiced at your birth not knowing they just begot an odious dunce with cockroach brain as a child.

Blawwdy and useless yoloba conehead
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by pasol4real(m): 8:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
gabriplane:
brother back in the days lagos/Eko was just lagos island and other parts such as epe, ikorodu e.t. c. where not part of the old lagos, even still there is no place without indigenous people afterall even America has its natives and if u want to go by history ur village is also a no man's land cos according history the noks were the first people in Nigeria.... back to ur write up!....talking about the bini and ife pple, they are both of thesame ancestry.. I won't like to write much but mark my words u pple would soon start to say Ogun state is also a no man's land...and u do and say this things cos u know that the yorubas are welcoming people and u take advantage of that.
i think this oba is suffering from orubebetysis ,Some one quickly give him a dose of jegamycin tablets.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
Faraidi:
This useless oba that is controled by Tinubu.South west kingship is rubbish,it is suppose to be primogeniture

Are you drunk?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by totorimi: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
So since we did not allow the baboon and the dog to be soaked in blood during the presidential election its now Lagoon they want to throw us all into.

OK now come April 11,2015 JK WILL WIN INSHA ALLAH. LET US SEE HOW THEY WANT TO DO IT.

ALL PDP SUPPORTERS MUST ENSURE VICTORY IN LAGOS. ITS A DO OR DIE BATTLE.

THAT TROUBLE THEY THINK THEY HAVE MONOPOLY OF WILL START IN THE GUBER ELECTIONS.

OUR CANDIDATES ARE NOT GEJ, WE WONT ACCEPT TO BE RIGGED OUT.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
dazangel11:

.if. people like you see fight them no go stand

I am Igbo I am in Lagos and my vote is for agbaje I son sharp my cutlass already igbos fear no baga

Really? You're ready to die because of what exactly? Why are you people calling for problem? Do you all have a death wish or something?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba owes no one any explanation. He said it and he meant every word of what he said. The message is clear

I just advise those who he addressed to make the necesary adjustment cos when it starts now, Na you go bear the brunt

Oba Akiolu, For saying this, I have found a new level of respect for you.

Any Shidioma, Shidioke or Shiwere who wants electoral post should face Aba, Umuahia or Enugu

BTW this is the sign of things to come in Lagos and the entire Southwest after the election

Honestly, iwo bobo yi sign pata pata grin grin grin grin
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
shizzleStar:
Lastgoat, take your stewpidity elsewhere. The frustrated tout of an oba should learn decency from oni of ife. He has desecrated the 'obaship' with his unguarded and senseless comment and shoulld be sanctioned.

Learn decency from Ooni of Ife?! shocked Wonders shall never end.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ArodeTsolaye: 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dannyset:
Though the Oba is a very tough and strong man. But he will never say such. Not in this 21st century will u say something like that when u know the consequences.
Ambode is our next Governor!
PDP should go n hang.

Have you listened to the audio. Download it, it"s less than 1.5mb. Heck, the man can't even speak good english, he just kept shouting Allah!, Allah!. Chei Islam done finish yoruba people. Even Northern Emirs can't be as uncouth this man sounds, very agboroish.

Who made this Bribe-chopping ex-ekelebe policeman an Oba?. Bwhahahaha!. My belle o. Lmao!
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by BodePolScience: 8:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Castos:
This is the real statement, the former was political propaganda from the pit of hell. Igbo's hail your government sir, whether we vote JK or not. You're the Oba and we're highly honoured to be in your aboard.
Obas should know that the people are enlightened enough to choose who they want. Hence they ought to be apolitical. Also, one can say by INFERENCE that the Oba made careless statement by asking people to vote for Ambode(interest of the throne) for peaceful atmosphere and meaningful development and later said (in a fetish manner) that anybody who works against the interest of the throne... will perish in the lagoon. It's like forcing its guests into a covenant. Again, I wonder why our people are talking like tyrants. The truth needs to be told even if we are at fault.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by BodePolScience: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Have you listened to the audio. Download it, it"s less than 1.5mb. Heck, the man can't even speak good english, he just kept shouting Allah!, Allah!. Chei Islam done finish yoruba people. Even Northern Emirs can't be as uncouth this man sounds, very agboroish.

Who made this Bribe-chopping ekelebe policeman an Oba?. Bwhahahaha!. My belle o. Lmao!
Lol, please no insult is allowed. As someone said, Oba can never be wrong (him be God?) Anyway, that's tradition
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Castos(m): 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
BodePolScience:
Obas should know that the people are enlightened enough to choose who they want. Hence they ought to be apolitical. Also, one can say by INFERENCE that the Oba made careless statement by asking people to vote for Ambode(interest of the throne) for peaceful atmosphere and meaningful development and later said (in a fetish manner) that anybody who works against the interest of the throne... will perish in the lagoon. It's like forcing its guests into a covenant. Again, I wonder why our people are talking like tyrants. The truth needs to be told even if we are at fault.
Thank God someone is reasoning well enough. Like I said to someone earlier, not everyone is insane.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by derecho(m): 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

The Oba never made those comments! Stop misinforming Nlanders.

Go and watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=MBXgM26B-Ik
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by jimi4us: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by francisbiz: 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

PDP MUST WIN LAGOS STATE, I dreamed about it.
You people said CHANGE, AND ON CHANGE WE STAND.
THERE MUST BE CHANGE IN LAGOS.
SINCE JAKANDE TILL 2015, LAGOS NEEDS CHANGE MORE THAN NIGERIA
VOTE AGBAJE AND CHASE THE oba AWAY FROM LAGOS

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ArodeTsolaye: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
entparrot:
See how they twisted the whole things, but I will only vote for Jimmy, I'm very tired of tinubu controlling Lagos.

For your information, APC has a flat somewhere in Lekki, that has over 100 computers, they employ some young boys and men they are always online commenting in every social media, they are paid daily.

There is also day and night shift. Please ignore the online propaganda, it's another way of influencing voters.

You just dey know?. Even one efulefu Ibo boy called egift sold his conscience to APC in that room after his web design career failed.Emma Ezeali is one of those who listened to the audio online tape but still believes oba didn't say such. Deadened conscience. What an affliction!

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by francisbiz: 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
But he did not deny he threatened them with death if they vote jimi........so he did threaten them what a silly excuse form a leader

HE HAS BETRAYED HIMSELF AND OPENLY OSTRACIZED AGBAJE.
HE HAS VIOLATED THE CONSTITUTION, HE SHOULD BE DISMISSED.
THE RULING HOUSE SHOULD START SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER OBA.

OBA IS IN MESS

VOTE AGBAJE EN MASS, SYMPATHIZE WITH AGBAJE
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by silibaba: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

you are a bigger joker.

tell that oba say if I catch am eh..

intact, JK for Lagos.

tired of seeing agbero on the street of Lagos.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by hitleraldof(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
superstar1:
Yes Oba made the statement, what will happen.

It is either you live with it or you go back to the gully eroded land of setting sun.

He is on his land and can say and do as he likes.

With or without your vote, Ambode will be the governor.

JK is still our son and you will forever be foreigners and shall be dealt with accordingly.

I thought you are 80% of Lagos, you can as well march to the Oba's palace and demand for his dethronement. I doubt if any of you will return back to your enclave alive.

However, we are expecting your usual whining, shameless, lame, pathetic and emotional ultimatum.
and a Nigerian dat suckled his mothers breast would like dis post SMH...Do u kw y da igbos fear da Hausas?-because ey bk up eir treats wit actions..u yorubas just rant all day except Shina Adewumi ofcouse
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by gabriplane(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
pasol4real:
i think this oba is suffering from orubebetysis ,Some one quickly give him a dose of jegamycin tablets.
hahahaha....ur diagnosis is wrong he has diahorria of the mouth, I think red and yellow tablets would do the magic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Holds Umbrella For Osinbajo When It Was Raining In Ekiti (Pic / Uchechi Okwu-Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Wife In Nigeria To See Her Husband (Photos) / Meet The Youngest Wife Of Alaafin Of Oyo, She’s Extremely Beautiful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.