Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (65760 Views)

See What Oba Of Benin & Obaseki Were Spotted Doing In Benin Today(photos) / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Dexema(m): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Caracta:
I have a relative that lives in the midst of Igbos in Lagos. That area is mostly populated by Igbos. In fact, he is the only Yoruba in his compound.

Beautiful houses everywhere but they are blessed with bad road network. The road is so bad and epileptic that even small car owners avoid that area.

I asked him why they've been neglected for so long and he told me that area voted for PDP instead of Fashola.

When the chips are down, the Igbos would be the ones to suffer the most. They need to be smart and not blinded by sentiments. APC or PDP, vote for your choice not the choice of your kinsmen.
Why do I have a feelin ur talkin about Ajao estate?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ihustler(m): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Animal Farm...season 2...
what the Oba really said...

Squealer:
Napoleon is always right
All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by LSU: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
There is no need to deny what the Oba said. The audio of the statement is out. It is sad that our politics has degenerated to this level.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/he-said-it-listen-to-audio-recording-of.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/audio-oba-akiolus-meeting-with-igbo-leaders/

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by snapshot: 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
nzeobi:
Oba please remain apolitical, do not support any of the candidates openly

him go gree hear you?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
REALODUA:
[s]back to your poor kidnaping den you dirty Igbo[/s]
Hi mr monkey, its funny seeing a filthy yoloba iddiott like yourself call someone else 'dirty' What an irony! cheesygrin.

BTW, are you done rap.ing your sister? useless yoloba dunce cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
When Ibo leaders insulted Yorubas, Hausas and Muslims in GEJ's presence a few months back why wasn't there a uproar by Easterners?

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

bulshiit.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
LSU:
There is no need to deny what the Oba said. The audio of the statement is out. It is sad that our politics has degenerated to this level.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/04/he-said-it-listen-to-audio-recording-of.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/audio-oba-akiolus-meeting-with-igbo-leaders/

what a shame! there is nothing worse than for a leader to deny and then be embarrassed as his own words are played for all to hear. Act like a regent and say "yes I said it" after all there were people there who know you said it. People may not agree with you but will respect you.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by bajosky: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
OBA my yansh
respect yourself oo

wind of change is coming to lagos .

is jimi not a son of the soil ?
or
are u d spiritual guard of Tinubu who has customise lagos to his private estate ?

in change(Jimmy )we trust .face your traditional stool n live politics alone

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by zubbyauthentica(m): 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
superstar1:
Yes Oba made the statement, what will happen.

It is either you live with it or you go back to the gully eroded land of setting sun.

He is on his land and can say and do as he likes.

With or without your vote, Ambode will be the governor.

JK is still our son and you will forever be foreigners and shall be dealt with accordingly.

I thought you are 80% of Lagos, you can as well march to the Oba's palace and demand for his dethronement. I doubt if any of you will return back to your enclave alive.

However, we are expecting your usual whining, shameless, lame, pathetic and emotional ultimatum.
. Umust b vry stupid 4 makeing dat statement

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by wildikeman(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
superstar1:

You called us online warriors against GEJ, we showed it in real life.

It is the person that has not seen the anger of Shango before that will spread mat and watch him in 3D when he is in action.

have you seen Shango before Talking absent sense. As if you guys did anything during the civil war.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by REALODUA: 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
pure2012soul:

Pls tell this bigoted and anachronistic human specimen that his type belongs in a museum. No amount of damage control will stop JK from taking over the reins of Power. Also, remind this your oba that it was misguided utterances like his own, that contributed to the Rwandan genocide. You may wish to differ. Bye
sai baba, apc or straight to ya village. U ungreatful lot
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by scantee(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba owes no one any explanation. He said it and he meant every word of what he said. The message is clear

I just advise those who he addressed to make the necesary adjustment cos when it starts now, Na you go bear the brunt

Oba Akiolu, For saying this, I have found a new level of respect for you.

Any Shidioma, Shidioke or Shiwere who wants electoral post should face Aba, Umuahia or Enugu

BTW this is the sign of things to come in Lagos and the entire Southwest after the election
keep mute.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ungrateful in terms of what? Every thing we have in lagos we worked for it
REALODUA:
sai baba, apc or straight to ya village. U ungreatful lot
I love slaying cone heads.

Onye Isis Nkuka representing.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Don4eva(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
raumdeuter:
The Oba owes no one any explanation. He said it and he meant every word of what he said. The message is clear

I just advise those who he addressed to make the necesary adjustment cos when it starts now, Na you go bear the brunt

Oba Akiolu, For saying this, I have found a new level of respect for you.

Any Shidioma, Shidioke or Shiwere who wants electoral post should face Aba, Umuahia or Enugu

BTW this is the sign of things to come in Lagos and the entire Southwest after the election
who cares what he said, he can't kill a fly. Toothless dog.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by JODELL: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
To show you how stupid your Oba is!! The Oba throne is a traditional throne and not a partisan throne, so the Oba has no right to politically support any candidate but have a choice to vote for the candidate of his choice during the Gubernatorial election. let him stop ridiculing the traditional and respectable throne of the Oba by mingling into partisan political campaign for either PDP or APC let face the truth for once.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ambiboy(m): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Baroba(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
I don't even understand what the pathetic clown was rambling about, water off a ducks back.

He will be the first to be consumed by the so called lagoon. Drunken lout..
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Respect your hosts, and know your boundaries. The ugly truth is that the Oba said, openly, what most (all over Nigeria) think quietly about their often disrespectful and arrogant visitors.

Sad, but true.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Cholls(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
ceejay80s:

what do u mean by immigrants & indigenes? Na una get lagos?
I never see person from boston telling person from washington dc to go back to him papa house or texas deporting ohio person back to ohio
my brother then let igbos give their daughters 2 marriage in large numbers to yorubas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ogene007: 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Enough of this

I will advise people to desist from insulting the Oba of Lagos. Oba Akiolu is the Oba of Lagos; all Lagosians and immigrants from other regions of the country should respect him.

All Lagosians should go out and vote for the candidate of their choice on the 11th of April without fear.

I will enjoin all Lagosians both indigenes and immigrants to vote for continuity so that progress can continue and it also presents a good opportunity to be politically aligned with the center for the first time since 1999.

Ambode no ni Jor

JK is a joker

You and silly Oba will get the shocker of your lives, come 11th April. You will all learn in a painful way, that a dog does not bark at a lion. Igbos will teach you that nobody threatens us.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by scantee(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
@Oba we have heared you, no amount of damage control message we save ur woaping asxsh come saturday, we must deliver JK for lagos & you guyz talking trash can't do more than media rant. Jk we know jk we trust

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
ekiloui:
The obas statement was very crass and wrong, no matter who he is he isn't above the law. Nigeria is not a monarchy but a democratic country. Anyway if they say he didn't say that "all the better". We can continue to see him as a sensible man.
He actually said that. His attempt at damage control is too little, too late. He is also a certified coward that cant even defend his senseless and iddiotic comment. Useless obawere cheesy

Meanwhile majority of the people here claiming Lagos as their land and calling others immigrants are not even from lagos, they are probably immigrants from the west and the only thing they have in common with the real lagosians is their language and maybe 1 or 2 traditions... Most of them weren't even born in lagos. Talk of kettles...
Absolutely! isnt it funny how all those shameless monkeys from the waste claim to be from lagos.

[s]Anyways Vote Ambode!
#SayNoToTribalBigots
#SayNoToWeakCyberBullies[/s]
mtcheeww.

JK we know tongue
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ChinemeOkpan: 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
ogene007:

You and silly Oba will get the shocker of your lives, come 11th April. You will all learn in a painful way, that a dog does not bark at a lion. Igbos will teach you that nobody threatens us.

Stop ranting please. Concentrate on Imo election

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by greatcrown: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.

The interest of the throne is Ambode.
Any vote against Ambode is against the throne.
Traditionally, those behind the vote would end up in the lagoon.

If this is not threat; one wonders what would constitute threat.
If someone said this to the supporters of APC we should expect the person to be heading for ICC.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by shizzleStar: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
[s]Respect your hosts, and know your boundaries. The ugly truth is that the Oba said, openly, what most (all over Nigeria) think quietly about their often disrespectful and arrogant visitors.

Sad, but true[/s].
*yawns*

How does this nonsense end or reduce your increasing frustration? mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by kalybaly: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

Are you from Lagos? If I be foreigner finish for London, I be foreigner too for Lagos!

Mad people

People indeed. You ain't got plan for yourselves in your own State and still come here trying to bend the rules.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by Mbediogu(m): 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
KazeemDiary:
The palace of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has issued a statement, clarifying the Oba’s statement when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.
Read full statement below.

THE PALACE MAKES FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON THE STATEMENT BY THE OBA OF LAGOS.
‎My attention has been drawn to a publication in a national newspaper where HRM Oba Riliwanu Akinolu was alleged to have threatened Igbos in Lagos to make them vote for Ambode.

Last Sunday, all honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu. At the meeting the visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in. Lagos. They assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.

Oba Akiolu on his part acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos. He gave the assurance that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos. The Obas thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.
He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.

2.Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.

3. Oba Akiolu is the father of all irrespective of tribe, religion or political persuasion. In Lagos, we have an old traditional proverb that relates to the Lagoon. The Lagoon is unique to Lagos. The proverb stresses the need for unity and understanding when you do business in an environment and in this case when you live and do business in Lagos.
Oba Akiolu prays for peace for the land of Lagos and prosperity for all its inhabitants.
Signed: Chief Lateef Aderibigbe Ajose, Opeluwa of Lagos
April 6, 2015

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/180665-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-what-oba-akiolu-really-said-palace.html
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by scantee(m): 6:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
ogene007:

don't mind those online chest beaters, i even dare most of their touts in my area to make any silly move i will teach them a bitter lesson, they started shouting chairman abeg we no know who be the oba o, him na oyo, anyting 4 ur bois?
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by erumena(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
I believe it was all the Eze Ndigbos in Lagos that paid the King a courtesy visit, have they come out with any statement claiming any form of threat by the King to them? Why do we bring up sentiments on things that we can settle by being patient. No one can force you to vote for anybody, the decision lies with you. I chose to vote for Ambode and will respect the wish of anyone that vote otherwise. Let us all calm down and move this Country forward. Jimi and Ambode's family members are not even on this forum quarreling the way you guys are doing.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by oseo1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
KazeemDiary:
The palace of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has issued a statement, clarifying the Oba’s statement when Igbo leaders in Lagos visited him on Sunday.

‎My attention has been drawn to a publication in a national newspaper where HRM Oba Riliwanu Akinolu was alleged to have threatened Igbos in Lagos to make them vote for Ambode.

Last Sunday, all honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu. At the meeting the visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in. Lagos. They assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.

Oba Akiolu on his part acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos. He gave the assurance that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos. The Obas thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.
He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.

2.Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.

3. Oba Akiolu is the father of all irrespective of tribe, religion or political persuasion. In Lagos, we have an old traditional proverb that relates to the Lagoon. The Lagoon is unique to Lagos. The proverb stresses the need for unity and understanding when you do business in an environment and in this case when you live and do business in Lagos.
Oba Akiolu prays for peace for the land of Lagos and prosperity for all its inhabitants.
April 6, 2015

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/180665-alleged-anti-igbo-comment-what-oba-akiolu-really-said-palace.html

This is a link to the audio of what the oba said.
https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/oba-akiolu-speaks-mp3?in=chxta-bee%2Fsets%2Foba-akiolu-issue

Don't be fooled by the damage control the palace is doing.
Re: Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace by ikechukwu354(m): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
KazeemDiary:

April 6, 2015

it wasn't signed by him. ... he should be dealt with... illiterate

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Uchechi Okwu-Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Wife In Nigeria To See Her Husband (Photos) / PHOTOS: Comparison Of GEJ New Trains With Trains From Other Countries / Atiku's ₦12,430 Case File Vs Obi's ₦5,430 Case File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.