Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,633 members, 7,827,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71868 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Suspect33:
God this is unfair.....

U made igbo brain wit gold,

You made hausa brain wit bronze

nd you made yoruba brain wit orijin angry
so funny!

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 8:32am On Apr 07, 2015
rabimlomo:

HOw many will Nigeria be divided into? I am sure the niger deltans feel that way about the igbos too and the igbos don't like the niger deltans. And even among the niger deltans, the itsekiris don't like the urhobos. ....and so on.

The fact is if we want to divide because of differences then we may as well Nigeria divided into several countries made up of no more than 5 cities.

The truth is all big countries have tribal differences but they manage it for the benefit of the majority who are not bigots. Even the almighty US still have white supremacy groups that hate every other race.

We can all help douce all these tribal hatred by not contributing to it.

U may have a point but still don't understand the term Niger delta.do u know that many IBO's are niger-deltans.look up the states that make up Niger Delta.funny enough we have more Igbo Niger Delta's than the itsekiris u mentioned. Not dissing u though,just felt I needed to let u know this.thanks
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2015
The federal govt should step into this issue of tribalism before it gets out of hand'and also tackle the piracy issue,it should stop.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by andyanders: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2015
Kunle, is sick and also hungry hence his ranting about who is behind piracy. His comment as well as that of Oba of Lagos goes to show that most of them are hungry and looking for money hence him and Oba are ranting over nothing.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Airforce1(m): 8:37am On Apr 07, 2015
driand:
I know it's the same airforce1 with moniker accounts, simply take your campaign elsewhere.

please respect yourself
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by sweetgala(m): 8:38am On Apr 07, 2015
arsetalks:
He stated the obvious FACT. Even the igbos know but they won't admit.

While it is fact and I well understand his frustration given he had to loan money to produce the films,

some 95% of people in the fake items industry in Nigeria are Igbo , please do not let us forget that fact ; from fake drugs, counterfeit films to shoes , bags the list just goes on. Them and the Chinese nah brothers.

But kunle Afolayan choose the wrong time and medium to express his anger. He had been sued to court by these same individuals after they stole his IP.

Was the late Dora Akunliyi not almost assassinated by her kinsmen for her task of cleansing Nigeria of fake drugs

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
LOL. I should go and read? Obviously you are as ignorant as they come. Oh, OK. I pardon you if you think Nigerian movie industry started in 1990. My older ones had been enjoying Nigerian (mostly Yoruba) movies since the 70s.

By the way, see what Eddie Ugboma had to say about Nollywood:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/eddie-ugboma-nollywood-is-empty-disgraceful/
U re correct bro.but if u re sincere enough,when did d boom in the movie industry start and who were mostly d pioneers of this boom? #sincerityTest
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by pbs4real(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2015
With the way tinz are going nw. . Though its nt wat i pray 4. . .*i forsee civil war. . . . . #GODNAIJADEYURHAND
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by funluvy78(f): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2015
dhsfbi:
Please don't tell me you still buy movies or use different streaming apps for different OS. Have you heard about show box? if no follow this link to know more about show box and how to use it across all OS.
http://www.techgists.com/2015/04/gadgetintroducing-you-to-show-box-best.html
can this app work on my bb 9900?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Igbos crying wolf since 1857 !!!

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by arsetalks(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2015
sweetgala:

While it is fact and I well understand his frustration given he had to loan money to produce the films,

some 95% of people in the fake items industry in Nigeria are Igbo , please do not let us forget that fact ; from fake drugs, counterfeit films to shoes , bags the list just goes on. Them and the Chinese nah brothers.

But kunle Afolayan choose the wrong time and medium to express his anger. He had been sued to court by these same individuals after they stole his IP.

Was the late Dora Akunliyi not almost assassinated by her kinsmen for her task of cleansing Nigeria of fake drugs
One would think your kinsmen will do something to address this. The bad name been given to the Igbos is getting too much and it's you people's fault.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by rabimlomo: 8:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Joe82834:

U may have a point but still don't understand the term Niger delta.do u know that many IBO's are niger-deltans.look up the states that make up Niger Delta.funny enough we have more Igbo Niger Delta's than the itsekiris u mentioned. Not dissing u though,just felt I needed to let u know this.thanks

Thanks for getting my point and thanks for the clarification. Even in yorubaland, the ife/modakeke war was very brutal, yet they are just neighbors. The fact is even maternal siblings are sometimes so different to the extent that they may hurt each other sometimes. I just wish all those beating the drums of war can understand this and know that a bigger, stronger Nigeria is to the advntage of all of us..

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by slq(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2015
hummerwise:
Very careless utterances by Kunle Afolayan(if the twitter handle is trully for him) and the OBA of lagos...
We Yoruba are not this tribalistic, these are just careless statement made...
[size=20pt]WE YORUBAS ARE NOT TRIBAlistIC[/size]

PDP shud becareful how they play with this propanganda and APC supporters shud resist from support of Tribal sentiments.

#19ja I blv

Truth is that Tribe and Race are differences that are always there.Tolerance is the only way to get over it..Encounters I ve had with Yorubas have showed me that deep down there is this hatred they can't let go..Igbos in their part also help em fuel this because of the domineering and pompous nature...most times Igbos only reciprocate this hatred Becos its been shown to em, not really that they hate Yorubas
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by haibe(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Glowww:

At least *Aba can make* its called creativity or innovation. What can u make and what have u made?

dis she argue that with you? I wonder the kind of kids posting on this thread sef.. They said something is fake and you are saying what can she make, so fake things should be tolerated?

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by KillaBeans(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Though I don't want to be seen as being tribalistic,however what Kunl said has iota of truth which no one caan dispute.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by UmuahiaPrince: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Still the Igbos constitutes the larger number who by genuine DVDs, Kunle Afolayo is a tribalist from time.Nollywood should face the issue of piracy jointly han pointing acusing fingeres to the Igbo Nation
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by splashbaby(m): 8:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Joe82834:

You must be deluded to think the Igbo's do not have numerous hard working movie/film producers
You are a professional mumu. We are talking about the fraudulent enterprise of your stvpid kinsmen depriving hard working Yoruba producers the joy of enjoying the benefits of their hard work... You are here spewing nonsense. Let me educate properly about the Nollywood industry.

Nollywood movies of 2014 produced by Yoruba producers

1. October 1 is N330m in
box office rating.

October 1 is a 2014 Nigerian psychological thriller written by Tunde Babalola, produced and directed by Kunle Afolayan. Aba boys are feeding fat on this movie right now producing massive pirated copies and selling them home and abroad.

2. ’30 Days In Atlanta’ made N85m in 8 weeks at the box office.
30 Days in Atlanta, is a feature film produced by comedian Ayo Makun, aka AY.

Those stvpid Nna bros are on a rat race to out sell and out produce the original as I type. And you think AY will be smiling at your kinsmen feasting on his hard work.

Not only Yoruba producers suffer most from this legalise stealing you're trying to defend but also Igbo producers as well. As I write this "Half a Yellow
Moon" have turned into full black moon in the hand of those Aba urchins pirating it...
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by felifeli: 8:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
When will some people even grow up

piracy that affects all and sundry is now be blamed on the igbos

So na only igbos dey pirate

anu pam
[size=14pt]
Yes, na only Igbo dey pirate. Evil ba$tards grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by SurePresident: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2015
phabulux:

Associating with Igbo and thinking they will be good administrators are, well, foolish thinking. When they were given the opportunity to be the senate president, they gave us five in four years.

If you are Ibibio, I mean truly Ibibio, then, I will advise you to study your history. Being slaves to them has brought you nothing other than misery.

I wasted this data because you're in my Alma Mater.

Greed and pride goeth before destruction.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

I don't know why supposed educated folks will let tribal sentiments take away their sense of reasoning and rationality. What exactly is a lie about what he said? Aren't igbos the once behind piracy and all, ? But because you are probably igbo; you get offended when they tell you what your people do is wrong and attaching tribalism to it simply because you yourself is a tribal bigot. SMH
And when sm1 says Igbo's are behind d reach n popularity of d Nigerian movie industry (responsible for the boom in d 90s),a lot of ppl will disagree. No u see d double standards
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by AsanwaKC(f): 8:55am On Apr 07, 2015
nonsense.
..people wey de pirate themselves..for movies
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by haibe(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Joe82834:

And when sm1 says Igbo's are behind d reach n popularity of d Nigerian movie industry (responsible for the boom in d 90s),a lot of ppl will disagree. No u see d double standards

how does that correlate with what I said
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Reference(m): 8:59am On Apr 07, 2015
Racists and racism everywhere. Then they will lament at the white man's mockery and rant at his profiling. We deserve what we get. Just one election and the country is creaking at its fault lines revealing the acidic lava of tribal pseudo-supremacy. Pity. This country and its people remain decades away from civilization and real, sustainable development. We just donot have the mental capacity to handle nationhood.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by usmanma(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2015
let's forget about tribalism and say the fact,we all know that Igbo people are the one behind piracy in Nigeria,just that truth is bitter...
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by splashbaby(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2015
adconline:

Most of Nollywood producers and marketers are of Igbo origin, so are they stealing works of Yoruba producers??
Are there any Igbo film anymore? IBOWOOD for your mind abi...there is a vibrant YorubaWood and Nollywood your vulture brothers in Aba are feasting on.

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by kaboninc(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2015
spiralwedge:

what is this one saying? igbos vs. APC? hahaha... the last time I checked, neither GEJ nor Agbaje was Igbo. u sound confused

You must be [size=18pt]MAD[/size]

It appears you're very blind. So its alright if you claim to read and not understand.

If you don't understand what and why I wrote that piece, just fall into the LAGOON!

CLOWN!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 07, 2015
sweetgala:

What started the civil war was not Igbo bashing but rather Igbo officers killing Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, Akintola etc while sparing Azikiwe and then gloating about it nationally
I guess before then Sardauna did not give an interview where he said igbos were interlopers and would not get any job unless there was no one else to take it.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 9:01am On Apr 07, 2015
splashbaby:
You are a professional mumu. We are talking about the fraudulent enterprise of your stvpid kinsmen depriving hard working Yoruba producers the joy of enjoying the benefits of their hard work... You are here spewing nonsense. Let me educate properly about the Nollywood industry.

Nollywood movies of 2014 produced by Yoruba producers

1. October 1 is N330m in
box office rating.

October 1 is a 2014 Nigerian psychological thriller written by Tunde Babalola, produced and directed by Kunle Afolayan. Aba boys are feeding fat on this movie right now producing massive pirated copies and selling them home and abroad.

2. ’30 Days In Atlanta’ made N85m in 8 weeks at the box office.
30 Days in Atlanta, is a feature film produced by comedian Ayo Makun, aka AY.

Those stvpid Nna bros are on a rat race to out sell and out produce the original as I type. And you think AY will be smiling at your kinsmen feasting on his hard work.

Not only Yoruba producers suffer most from this legalise stealing you're trying to defend but also Igbo producers as well. As I write this "Half a Yellow
Moon" have turned into full black moon in the hand of those Aba urchins pirating it...
U re still not discrediting my points.I asked if there are hardworking Igbo producers out there n u haven't touched on it.ur comment I quoted would be been nice if u had said depriving Nigerian producers so it looks general. But u truly sound like a religious bigot
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 9:03am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

I will forgive the former part of your post but let me dace the latter. ... which PETROLEUM does igbo people have and where is it located. Thanks
Let me guess....abia state is located in the south western part of Nigeria.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Joe82834(m): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Why all the tribal sentiment here? We all know this guy is 98% right. The truth is bitter... Just like Edo people won't accept the form majority of Nigerians in Italy doing prostitution.
Go to anywhere pirated cd or dvd is sold. You'll see 10 Ibos b4 you see one yoruba. That's just the bitter fact.
But he is a public figure n shouldn't say certain things especially now the Oba's comment is still causing troubles

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Angelique Kidjo: I Am From Oyo State In Nigeria / Throwback Photo Of Lola Omotayo And Her Parents / Kanayo O Kanayo And His Family At His Call To Bar Ceremony (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.