Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71787 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2015
zubyarchangel:
Even in the Bible, It us written "Give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser, and to God what belongs to God" You have taken Kunle's money, and given it to MTN......(He still looses his money)
..he loses 200 Naira, and I lose 500 Naira. Who lost more?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by joxxy01(m): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2015
adeekiti:
Broa afolayan abeg take am easy before my aba Boiz arrange ur movie mix bluefilm with am grin grin
hahahahahahahahahahah u funny guy

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by viktuur(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2015
we are all involved, buyers & sellers, but duplicators and distributors are worse!
Afolayan made his statement at a wrong time! He said 'most', though it would have been better not to indict any tribe.
In Malaysia & Indonesia, Nigerians are called drug pushers
In south africa we are called criminals
to the world we 419ers, are they tribalistic? NO but because of what a few Nigerians not up to 0.5% did in the past.
We need to unite and fight all this evils!
I cant imagine what will happen when Buhari starts fighting corruption, tribal sentiment might disrupt it.
Nimblemind:

And does piracy just stop at selling CD'S ? It extends to whoever sells and buys this pirated discs.. So now my broda, is it only one tribe that buys all discs (including the korean,nigerian,indian,philippine and american discs)? And is it just one tribe that sells disc in the whole naija(including all northern and western states)?

If you sincere answer is Yes, then his outburst is right and i guess at that, he need not apologise at all.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Lol. Dey hear this one again. The fact that you just came to Lagos (from which bush you came from) in 1990 does not mean Nigerian Movies started in 1990. Take note.
I don't reside in Lagos, Yorubas were the first to obtain meaningful education no doubt thanks to Awolowo, thus They might have started producing movies probably before independence but we are talking quality....Living in Bondage by Kenneth Nnebue was the movie that brought today's Nollywood worldwide attention.....I can't keep explaining this little facts Sir, I believe that's why google and Wikipedia are there.....
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
..he loses 200 Naira, and I lose 500 Naira. Who lost more?
you are missing the point, He is angry because he is not getting his money back..It doesn't matter whether you are loosing, It matters if he is gaining...
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Seun360(m): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2015
The Igbos are just a cancer to the Nigeria.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Seun360:
The Igbos are just a cancer to the Nigeria.
With time comes maturity, with maturity comes wisdom.......Eventually you would see the world from a different perspective
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Lastanza: 10:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Igbo should be ashamed of themselves, so obvious facts should not be said just because a tribe is solely perpetrator? Same way they are bringing shame to Nigeria from far and near abroad countries. Lazy and coward set of people who doesn't even understand the meaning of the words 'lazy' and 'coward' over the years[/quote]

U ar such a wasted sperm. I suppose ur mother had infections wen she carried ur pregnancy., the syphilis in u in action, Ewu Zambia
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by msdos1(m): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2015
Guidette:
Is he wrong though? The word Aba-made means fake. So he has a point.
the igbos get upset anytime they are called pirates but are happy at calling the hausas book haram.. hypocrisy of the highest order.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by sobmos(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2015
We don't need to start silly blames and pointing of finger. He's correct. I've never come across,a yoruba or hausa pirate. Its a know fact,igbos are the marketers at ALABA.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2015
zubyarchangel:
I don't reside in Lagos, Yorubas were the first to obtain meaningful education no doubt thanks to Awolowo, thus They might have started producing movies probably before independence but we are talking quality....Living in Bondage by Kenneth Nnebue was the movie that brought today's Nollywood worldwide attention.....I can't keep explaining this little facts Sir, I believe that's why google and Wikipedia are there.....
Lol. Quality? I am sure you meant to say quantity. smiley And speaking of worldwide attention, the likes of Hubert Ogunde and his contemporaries whom I earlier mentioned already garnered that in the 70s. It's not their fault if you were too far away from civilization to know what's going on.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Lastanza: 10:50am On Apr 07, 2015
BabaO2:
Igbo should be ashamed of themselves, so obvious facts should not be said just because a tribe is solely perpetrator? Same way they are bringing shame to Nigeria from far and near abroad countries. Lazy and coward set of people who doesn't even understand the meaning of the words 'lazy' and 'coward' over the years
U ar such a wasted sperm. I suppose ur mother had infections while she carried ur pregnancy., the syphilis in action. Ewu Zambia
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Lol. Quality? I am sure you meant to say quantity. smiley And speaking of worldwide attention, the likes of Hubert Ogunde and his contemporaries whom I earlier mentioned already garnered that in the 70s. It's not their fault if you were too far away from civilization to know what's going on.
please kindly google "Father of Nollywood"..... The only up to par producer from the west remains Tade Ogidan .......You can only understand what you choose to understand...
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Bimpe29: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
When are we (different tribes) going see ourselves as one? Can't we do away with this ethnicity?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
And as for those who claimed we are a cancer to this country, when we fought to go, you sucked the cancer back in.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Blaizeless: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2015
The truth be told. I hate people who try to incite people against each other via hate speech.
The Oba of Lagos just did his just recently and now this man of a Kunle is doing his. Does it mean that Yorubas don't involve themselves in shoddy deals? Are there no Yoruba 419ers, Armed robbers, ritualists? The truth is that in every Tribe and ethnic group there are bad people, even in one's family. Mr Kunle you Bleep up. #Keeptribeoutofthis.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by rapmike(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2015
ggrin:
Airforce1 will you shattap thereangry
Now ggrin is calling you to release ya albumangry
We don taya to dy wait for ya album airforce1
Leave kunle matter alone and Face ya album braangry

tongue

Tell him oh! Airforce1, release your debut album wey you don dey make mouth about since my Part 1 and I wan graduate now( exaggeration), you never release am.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ayindejimmy(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2015
Nimblemind:

And does piracy just stop at selling CD'S ? It extends to whoever sells and buys this pirated discs.. So now my broda, is it only one tribe that buys all discs (including the korean,nigerian,indian,philippine and american discs)? And is it just one tribe that sells disc in the whole naija(including all northern and western states)?

If you sincere answer is Yes, then his outburst is right and i guess at that, he need not apologise at all.
Even if you wanna buy it...No matter ur tribe, You can't buy it if it's not available. Alaba international is the heaven of piracy. And guess who's majority there?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by hayatou27: 11:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Wait, do yorubas go to south east and misbehave?, all igbos should stop illicit business they do in Lagos or you face deportation.
I lived in the south east, Igbos will never give you so much chance like we have done for them in Lagos, Igbo should stop deceiving themselves, Lagos is a Yoruba state any day , any time. aboro lan so fun omo oluabi, bo ba de inu e a di odindin.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by zicoy6k: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
naijamerican:

So it appears your nor only ignorant, your an slowpoke as well. It's clear your mother should have sent you to school instead if forcing you to sell pure water by the road side during school hours.

Guy wat are u saying? Go sleep abeg.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by zicoy6k: 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
naijamerican:

No one gives a damn about the useless Yoruba movies you and your foolish relations watched on your celluloid film. The fact of the matter is no one gave a damn about Nigerian cinema until the igbos took African film to the next level. Even irrational Igbo haters like yourself can't deny that.

No feel free to hug a transformer. If feel increasingly stupid engaging in a back and forth with my intellectual inferior.
Guy aw many mouth u get? U said the Igbos created nollywood, now they didnt creat it they just took it to the next level. Keep on deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by zicoy6k: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
NobleG1:

Sure! You should be impressed. No other ethnic group created more businesses in Nigeria than Ndigbo. That's a fact.
Wait! Igbos created Hollywood? U r a disgrace to the Igbo people. The igbos should behead u for this stupidity.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by emisquare99: 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigerians are bunch of hypocrites. See them coming out in large numbers to deny what is obviously true just to get in the good book of the Igbos. They are all afraid to call a spade a spade.

A beg, let us stop deceiving ourselves. Those behind these piracy scam are Igbos, you hardly see a Yoruba or Hausa man in such business. What is bad is bad! Let them stop reaping where they didn't sow.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
zubyarchangel:
please kindly google "Father of Nollywood"..... The only up to par producer from the west remains Tade Ogidan .......You can only understand what you choose to understand...
Ha. Anybody can call himself the father or Igwe of anything. I don't even think the likes of Eddie Ugboma would like to be associated with Nollywood.

Oh, you can even educate yourself a bit here:

https://www.nairaland.com/324177/untold-true-story-nollywood

Read the post by OrikiNla:

https://www.nairaland.com/324177/untold-true-story-nollywood#4647574
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nimblemind(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Even if you wanna buy it...No matter ur tribe, You can't buy it if it's not available. Alaba international is the heaven of piracy. And guess who's majority there?
And if theres not a demand, will production and supply happen?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by NobleG1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
zicoy6k:
Wait! Igbos created Hollywood? U r a disgrace to the Igbo people. The igbos should behead u for this stupidity.

You would only resort to barbarism instead of proving me wrong. That's what brain-dead i*diots do. A*sshole!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
seunoni34:

Ode! It will surprise you how irrelevant igbos will be when they get biafra. How many if the successful igbos made it in Igbo land?
Your insults are ignored! Akwa Ibom produces oil, even if we're not Igbos. We fought the Biafran war together, so we'll be together. You're so crude!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Ghost01(m): 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
"It is a FACT that most of the pirates I see selling pirated CDs and DVDs are Igbo."

This isn't tribal bashing. Take note of the words: "fact" and "I see". The guy is only referring to what he has been witnessing.

Bigots, swerve!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
joxxy01:
hahahahahahahahahahah u funny guy
bros afolayan don coperate with aba guys now grin grin
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ghost01:
"It is a FACT that most of the pirates I see selling pirated CDs and DVDs are Igbo."

This isn't tribal bashing. Take note of the words: "fact" and "I see". The guy is only referring to what he has been witnessing.

Bigots, swerve!
bros talk true , u be ghost true true?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
sweetgala:

Didn't stop him from allying with Zik and giving Igbo all federal jobs at the expense of yoruba.

Can you imagine most of the civil service jobs in Lagos went to Igbo and Hausa.
now you're steering the conversation to somewhere totally different and you're not coherent.
Hausas were allied with igbos and the killings of igbos in the North happened?
Are you mistaking political appointments for civil service? Because governments change but civil servants remain.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
cedaraustine:

But insensitive at that point. Seemed as if he agreed that If the igbos don't do what the supposed 'land owners' want, they bounce.

A later time wouldn't have been bad but at the height of the tension building?!

I agree

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Resemblance Between Rema And An Ivorian Lady As They Meet (Photo) / Tyger Booty Found Dead In Her Hotel Room In Ghana / Michael Awujoola Buys A House For Deola Smart In Spirit Of Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.