Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71793 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by AJ01(m): 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
When will some people even grow up

piracy that affects all and sundry is now be blamed on the igbos

So na only igbos dey pirate

anu pam
that guy is just a big fool... a bastard in the making

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Ghost01(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
adeekiti:
bros talk true , u be ghost true true?
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ayindejimmy(m): 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nimblemind:

And if theres not a demand, will production and supply happen?

How does that apply to something that's illegal!? So bicos lots of guys demand sex a pretty lady should just be givin it?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Bigsteveg(m): 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
Suspect33:
God this is unfair.....

U made igbo brain wit gold,

You made hausa brain wit bronze

nd you made yoruba brain wit orijin angry
Thunder fire u, omo Iran ki ran
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Tshaphilo: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
kunle sorry o the guys are only trying to collect back the money your grandfathers made their own grandfathers pay for the civil war. Pele
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by millionaireman: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
phabulux:

You're correct in one respect: Yorubas are tribalistic. While serving, I observed that I was the only one - of all the Yoruba corpers in Orlu - that thought the igbos could be better at anything other than f.u.c.king.

Associating with Igbo and thinking they will be good administrators are, well, foolish thinking. When they were given the opportunity to be the senate president, they gave us five in four years.

If you are Ibibio, I mean truly Ibibio, then, I will advise you to study your history. Being slaves to them has brought you nothing other than misery.

I wasted this data because you're in my Alma Mater.

Who is this sonofabitch here? Divide and Rule years, na him you still de practice here.

Asking Ibibio to reject Igbos so that you can come all the way from Yoruba land, in conjunction with your Alimi conquerors, to tap what is in Ibibio and Igbo lands for the develpment of your domains. With this you call yourselves sophisticated. Fooool.

OBJ hustled one Igbo Senate president against the other senstors for OBJ to stay afloat, but when it was time for Alimi descendants/Conquerors of Yoruba wanted to impeach OBJ, he saw sense in having one Igbo Senate president last till the end of his tenure.

If you loved fu....cking Igbo girls when you were a corper, there may be no Igbo corper in Yoruba land who would love to fu.....ck usually dirty Yoruba young girls.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by esther1994(f): 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Crocz:
His tweet couldn't have come at a worst time...he himself won't have imagined the attention his tweet garnered. I see his tweet as a victim of circumstance, he probably didn't mean it much.

In another time, his tweet would have been laughed upon and buried in layers of time. I trust he'll issue an apology soon. He's a cool guy
Yes, i think he is not in a good mood now.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ngoziama: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Airforce1:
kunle Afolayan and oba of lagos are a disgrace to Nigeria

Abeg shut up.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by OCHULORC(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
When will some people even grow up

piracy that affects all and sundry is now be blamed on the igbos

So na only igbos dey pirate

anu pam
Ezigbo anu npam!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by knowledgeable: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
preferred29:
We yorubas have to stop this igbos, anymeans necessary. They have assumed too much powers. Their is always a way out.

Just kick them out of Lagos. ...simple!! Or stop bitching. Igbos are ever ready.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by anytaij: 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
I smell WAR with all dis talk lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by sweetgala(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
AdaNri1:
now you're steering the conversation to somewhere totally different and you're not coherent.
Hausas were allied with igbos and the killings of igbos in the North happened?
Are you mistaking political appointments for civil service? Because governments change but civil servants remain.

Because Nzeogwu and his cohorts killed Tafawa and Ahmadu Bello, Are you not up to date on your Nigerian history.
A lot of back stabbing has gone up in Nigeria, we deserve an award
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by drehdinho(m): 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
First off, I will blame Afolayan for not using his literary wisdom, he should have said that in a lighter mood or jokingly. Anyway, to say the least, Afolayan hit the nail on the head.
As far as am concerned, I love my Igbo people, am even planing to marry an Igbo lady lol...
All I see now is that the devil is instigating a wrong concept in the Yorubas and the Igbos. Yorubas are free minded people we aren't tribalist at all ,just as the Igbos who even treat strangers more than they treat their own people...Biko my Igbo friends let's accept that Afolayan said those words in anger. And it wasn't his fault. I think we can understand better if we take a walk in his shoes. It unfair seeing one's sweat wasted by another man in one's very own eyes...
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by knowledgeable: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
splashbaby:
You are a professional mumu. We are talking about the fraudulent enterprise of your stvpid kinsmen depriving hard working Yoruba producers the joy of enjoying the benefits of their hard work... You are here spewing nonsense. Let me educate properly about the Nollywood industry.

Nollywood movies of 2014 produced by Yoruba producers

1. October 1 is N330m in
box office rating.

October 1 is a 2014 Nigerian psychological thriller written by Tunde Babalola, produced and directed by Kunle Afolayan. Aba boys are feeding fat on this movie right now producing massive pirated copies and selling them home and abroad.

2. ’30 Days In Atlanta’ made N85m in 8 weeks at the box office.
30 Days in Atlanta, is a feature film produced by comedian Ayo Makun, aka AY.

Those stvpid Nna bros are on a rat race to out sell and out produce the original as I type. And you think AY will be smiling at your kinsmen feasting on his hard work.

Not only Yoruba producers suffer most from this legalise stealing you're trying to defend but also Igbo producers as well. As I write this "Half a Yellow
Moon" have turned into full black moon in the hand of those Aba urchins pirating it...

I swear you yorubas go kill man, kparapkata with your dick measuring with Igbos in every thing in life.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by knowledgeable: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
nyabinghi:
Kunle afo has spoken the bitter truth, the igbos and crim are siamese twins, drugs na dem plenty pass, kidnapping, prostitution,419, child trafficking, pregnancy farm na dem, piracy, armed robbery, are the igbos cursed. Facts about the igbo: FFK bleeped the wife of their hero Ojukwu, their hero ojukwu ran away to cote d'ivoire dressed like a babe, their women snatch yoruba men wrt stella damasus, clifford orji is igbo,otokoto started in the east, they are slaves to the Ijaw

You people have started, until Igbos will start showing pics of ibadan, oshogbo, Ogbomosho and etc.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Archie30: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
AJ01:
that guy is just a big fool... a bastard in the making

Don't mind them...the Igbo's will soon seal a complete take over of Lagos and they can't do anything about it. God...how the Hausa 'll be loving this lol
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by splashbaby(m): 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
knowledgeable:

I swear you yorubas go kill man, kparapkata with your dick measuring with Igbos in every thing in life.
What's this one saying? ... Can't you see we are using the knowledge you refused to use in this discussion.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by kayalla(f): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
mytime24:
God is watchiN
This sentence has been modified: diarisgodu. Current.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by CommanderIgrigi: 12:36am On Apr 08, 2015
SurePresident:
[s]Let's all condemn evil so that Nigeria can move forward. Greed, tribalism and hatred for other tribes has eaten too deep into igbos and it is doing much more arm to them than they realize. I believe that Nigeria would become a better country, if only the igbos would stop trying to cheat other people in order to greedily acquire corrupt wealth. Put an igbo to head a Govt office, he would ensure that other tribes that have much better qualifications are never employed, only igbos. Through 1966 Coup, igbos infected other tribes with tribalism.

[b]Sincerely, the fact that igbo leaders sucked it in and were humbly clapping for the Oba showed that igbos are naturally cowards that try hard to cover up their cowardice by vain boasting and effort to greedily accumulate money. They didn't find their voice till they got to ndigbo meeting. It reminds me of how Ojuckwu, instead of bravely dying with millions of igbos like all true Heroes that he deceived into being slaughtered, he cowardly dressed like a woman and fled tail between legs from the fiery anger of Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion. Likewise, Ojuckwu never found his voice during Abacha era till democracy returned. People like Wole Shoyinka, the great Abraham Adesabya boldly faced Abacha. Only that Yorubas are not proud, they are much more braver, cleaver and better warriors than igbos. According to the commendation of the white colonial masters on the military performance of the people from tribes enlisted into British army then; they praised the Yorubas as being the most intelligent at developing and implementing disastrously destructive military strategies. This was evident in the fact that Biafra was actually winning the war before the great Awolowo, the ununiformed Generallisimo, stepped in and came to the rescue of Nigerian Military by teaching them the military strategy through which the lingering war was quickly won. In warfare, all is fair that wins the battle.[/b][/s]

**grins** Stop making noise. British neutrality means sure victory for the Biafrans- Prime minister Harold Wilson's address to the British parliament 1968. **LOLS**
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by phabulux: 1:18am On Apr 08, 2015
millionaireman:

Who is this sonofabitch here? Divide and Rule years, na him you still de practice here.

Asking Ibibio to reject Igbos so that you can come all the way from Yoruba land, in conjunction with your Alimi conquerors, to tap what is in Ibibio and Igbo lands for the develpment of your domains. With this you call yourselves sophisticated. Fooool.

OBJ hustled one Igbo Senate president against the other senstors for OBJ to stay afloat, but when it was time for Alimi descendants/Conquerors of Yoruba wanted to impeach OBJ, he saw sense in having one Igbo Senate president last till the end of his tenure.

If you loved fu....cking Igbo girls when you were a corper, there may be no Igbo corper in Yoruba land who would love to fu.....ck usually dirty Yoruba young girls.

Do you now understand why those Yoruba people seem to be against you? You ARE without a grain of sense.

I won't get into a duel -abuse-filled duel, that is - with you. You're too undeveloped for it.

Mad men (such as you) will make us create a pen.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by phabulux: 1:58am On Apr 08, 2015
zubyarchangel:
Firstly, I don't see how partaking in the the NYSC program in the east concerns someone waking up one morning and blaming his misfortune on a tribe...datz low even for a yoruba man...Secondly, Yoruba producers just started making waves yesterday....Remember living in bondage? , Things fall apart?? Unless you are from the indomie generation, you have no argument whatsoever.......I will however apologise for calling your people names. Although you need to understand that everyone pirates movies whether for personal viewing or for financial gains....And in all honesty my people are always at the receiving end....

I've tried not to respond to this post, but, da.m.n!

Let me address your points sententially

Blaming his MISFORTUNE on a trite...

Can you see that I wrote that as 'trite' not 'tribe'? You didn't notice, did you? Your vituperation, in one word, is trite.

Number one, I wasn't trying to score any point. I said it as I saw it. If I must get low, then, let me say the influence of a combination of st.up.dity, craze, greed, selfishness, idiocy and arrogance got the Igbos where they are.

Is that low enough? Or should I continue?

I'm not saying anything again. I want to reserve my efforts for someone worthy.

Last point: try to be original. I've seen your 'indomie generation' in seven other posts already. If I'm old enough to be your father, then, I reserve the rights to tutor you.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by phabulux: 2:09am On Apr 08, 2015
phabulux:

Do you now understand why those Yoruba people seem to be against you? You ARE without a grain of sense.

I won't get into a duel -abuse-filled duel, that is - with you. You're too undeveloped for it.

Mad men (such as you) will make us create a pen.

Omo! Millionaireman, are we all in dreamland?

I didn't even notice that you just bought what shouldn't be yours.

How irrational can you get? If a community of the Sage is called, you won't be there; nor will you tap from the stream of common sense, even if it's an ocean. Do us all a favour: go and die!

Millionaireman!

When you wake from your dream, let us know.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by phabulux: 2:25am On Apr 08, 2015
hummerwise:
Very careless utterances by Kunle Afolayan(if the twitter handle is trully for him) and the OBA of lagos...
We Yoruba are not this tribalistic, these are just careless statement made...
[size=20pt]WE YORUBAS ARE NOT TRIBAlistIC[/size]

PDP shud becareful how they play with this propanganda and APC supporters shud resist from support of Tribal sentiments.

#19ja I blv

If God truly cares, then, you and all those who liked this post are hell-bound. You know we Yorubas are tribalistic. Who are you deceiving?

Ask most Yoruba landlords if they will like to have Igbos as their tenants.

I grew up thinking Hausas are s.hit. Do you remember this saying 'kaka ki n dobale fun gambari, ma kuku ku'?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by hummerwise(m): 3:11am On Apr 08, 2015
phabulux:

If God truly cares, then, you and all those who liked this post are hell-bound. You know we Yorubas are tribalistic. Who are you deceiving?

Ask most Yoruba landlords if they will like to have Igbos as their tenants.

I grew up thinking Hausas are s.hit. Do you remember this saying 'kaka ki n dobale fun gambari, ma kuku ku'?
Wud av chosen to ignore this post but had a re-think 2 put you in place.

1st- I don't chat with people with low-life, Low-IQs, and low thinking faculty peeps like you.

2nd- you don't have 2 quote me to make this stupid statement of urs, you can always make ur view known without referring to people's post.

3rd-If ur household is that tribalistic, Well, that's ur problem not mine, where I come from, Every tribe is welcome and we live together happily. I neva grew up 2 hate any tribe and av neva seen any yoruba with his/her right senses 2 be that tribalistic.

4th-if you've had problems with any yoruba b4 now, Well, that's ur problem not mine don't come out pouring that frustration on me.

5th-Quote me again @ ur own Peril, stooopeed Eediotic 4ktard
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by phabulux: 4:08am On Apr 08, 2015
hummerwise:

Wud av chosen to ignore this post but had a re-think 2 put you in place.

1st- I don't chat with people with low-life, Low-IQs, and low thinking faculty peeps like you.

2nd- you don't have 2 quote me to make this stupid statement of urs, you can always make ur view known without referring to people's post.

3rd-If ur household is that tribalistic, Well, that's ur problem not mine, where I come from, Every tribe is welcome and we live together happily. I neva grew up 2 hate any tribe and av neva seen any yoruba with his/her right senses 2 be that tribalistic.

4th-if you've had problems with any yoruba b4 now, Well, that's ur problem not mine don't come out pouring that frustration on me.

5th-Quote me again @ ur own Peril, stooopeed Eediotic 4ktard

Oops!

Low-life, I understand. Low-IQ, I understand. Low thinking? Is that what you really meant to write?

You have no education.

Where do you reside? A pig-pen? I know that among pigs, no extent of stench matters. You all stink together.

Read my comment again. I said 'I grew up'. I never said I was told by my family. Are you always this du.mb? Or, is this just a momentary assault?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by oikechukwu: 4:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Can someone first explain to me who the guy is and what's his relevancy in Nollywood?

Nollywood is the brainchild of Igbo, we give this tribalistic yoruba fool a chance in our industry and like the typical ungrateful lots they are, he's running his oil invaded, cannibalistic, ritualist, tribalistic mouth. Don't fucking bit the hands that feed you kunle. Igbos made Nollywood what it is today. Not your lazy brothers or you that's trying to eat where you didn't sow. It was US. And just like we made that industry safe enough to allow you and your brother to thrive under the guise of "One nigeria", we can easily frustrate and destroy any achievement you made in that industry. You better go and check how insignificant your yorubawood is in scemes of things. Shebi you don't know who owns Nollywood. Apart from SW, who actually knows you. We made you and we can easily break you. Don't bite the hands feeding you. Olodo
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by oikechukwu: 4:50am On Apr 08, 2015
Seun360:
The Igbos are just a cancer to the Nigeria.

Just like yoruba are Ebola and HIV to Nigeria. In incurable diseases suffocating the life of others.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by oikechukwu: 5:03am On Apr 08, 2015
sweetgala:

While it is fact and I well understand his frustration given he had to loan money to produce the films,

some 95% of people in the fake items industry in Nigeria are Igbo , please do not let us forget that fact ; from fake drugs, counterfeit films to shoes , bags the list just goes on. Them and the Chinese nah brothers.

But kunle Afolayan choose the wrong time and medium to express his anger. He had been sued to court by these same individuals after they stole his IP.

Was the late Dora Akunliyi not almost assassinated by her kinsmen for her task of cleansing Nigeria of fake drugs

I bet you if a real statistics is done on Fake industry in Nigeria, this your number would be yoruba usual traibalism.

Was this not the same way you and your people claimed igboland was the most criminal den in Nigeria until a real police statistics was conducted and we ended up finding out SW is the most criminal infested region in south Nigeria. SW had the highest arm robbery, kidnappers, physical violence than any other region in South Nigeria.

Likewise your people try desperately to try to push the Nigerians in Asian prison in effort to hide majority of Nigeria lingering in UK, USA, Canada prison are predominately Yoruba and most of the Nigerians in FBI most wanted list are yet again predominately Yoruba

Is this also not the same way, your people try to delude that SW was the most educated until real statistics came.

I bet a million dollars when someone actually decided to test and study the fake industry in Nigeria, just like SW was crowned number one in crime infested and number four in education unlike what your people desperately tried to spread, SW will highly dominate the fake industry in Nigeria. I bet a million on that. Quote me on that anyday
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by oikechukwu: 5:09am On Apr 08, 2015
drehdinho:
First off, I will blame Afolayan for not using his literary wisdom, he should have said that in a lighter mood or jokingly. Anyway, to say the least, Afolayan hit the nail on the head.
As far as am concerned, I love my Igbo people, am even planing to marry an Igbo lady lol...
All I see now is that the devil is instigating a wrong concept in the Yorubas and the Igbos. Yorubas are free minded people we aren't tribalist at all ,just as the Igbos who even treat strangers more than they treat their own people...Biko my Igbo friends let's accept that Afolayan said those words in anger. And it wasn't his fault. I think we can understand better if we take a walk in his shoes. It unfair seeing one's sweat wasted by another man in one's very own eyes...

Tell us another story cause the bold you just said is a lie. Yoruba are highly tribalistic and everyone knows even SLS wrote an article about it.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 08, 2015
sweetgala:

Because Nzeogwu and his cohorts killed Tafawa and Ahmadu Bello, Are you not up to date on your Nigerian history.
A lot of back stabbing has gone up in Nigeria, we deserve an award
I know what led to the killings and it is not only because of a bloody coup.Never mind the hausa man always misunderstanding and suspicious of the Igbo. We know you all don't like us, but for selfish reasons you refused to let us go. That's the major reason why igbos reside in Lagos One Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by TuneneAgents: 8:33am On Apr 08, 2015
I think ppl need to be educated, there is a reason why the states are created and we all need to change the way we think.
When I hear someone who just came to Lagos saying "Lagos is no-man's land" I smile.
If you're born in Lagos by Igbo parents, and you live and grow up in Lagos, I think you are a Lagosian and you need to keep quiet when they refer to the igbos.

Who is fooling who, I'm sure if you were born in the street of London you won't claim an Igbo. You will claim British.

My point is that we are citizens of different states in Nigeria and we have our own tribe we should be proud of it and know our place If we are giving freedom to strive in other parts of Nigeria we should learn to appreciate the people of that land.

The truth is that nothing can change the fact that there are tribes in Nigeria the only thing is that we should know and claim our rightful place on the map so that we can live peaceful together as one.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by yemmybx(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2015
Gboskee:
WAIT,,,WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR PRESIDENT #2015? GMB/GEJ?
that is a personal tin even GBM/GEJ cannot ask me that and expect a response but my vote COUNTS. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Michael Awujoola Buys A House For Deola Smart In Spirit Of Valentine / Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma, Shares New Hot Photos / Davido's Girlfriend, Chioma Looks Beautiful In Pink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.