Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter (71789 Views)

Peter And Paul Are P Square Not Jude - Peter Okoye Rants On Twitter / WWE Fires Hulk Hogan For Using Racist Rants On Black Man Dating His Daughter / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 07, 2015
BabaO2:
[s] Igbo should be ashamed of themselves, so obvious facts should not be said just because a tribe is solely perpetrator? Same way they are bringing shame to Nigeria from far and near abroad countries. Lazy and coward set of people who doesn't even understand the meaning of the words 'lazy' and 'coward' over the years [/s]
dude please stop all this , #saynotoTRIBALiSM
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Mcowubaba: 12:29am On Apr 07, 2015
hummerwise:

It will interest you when yu know this abt me.

Am not a Fan/supporteR of any party.
Detest tribal/racial statement a lot.

YEAH!! CORRECT
Dats my Adage nd Signature...
M just a Logical nd a Critical Political analyst..
I guess we may have the same ideology with different approaches..
$uce$$ bro!!!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Revolva(m): 12:29am On Apr 07, 2015
angry angry na wa for igbos n yorubas..i am ashamed of these tribes
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by pappilo(m): 12:31am On Apr 07, 2015
I used to buy a lot of rap CDs from Alaba back in the day and this 'marketer' guy called DJ Kev D was so brave he put his picture on the pirated CD sleeve. Every pirated rap CD I bought had his picture on it

Does anyone want to guess of which extraction DJ Kev D was?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by lydelara(f): 12:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Lets stop being sentimental about issues. I don't see any wrong in what he said. He didnt insult the igbos..just stated the obvious..he said the pple SELLING not the pple MAKING pirated cds are igbos..get the msg b4 commenting.. ....

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Wendyslim(f): 12:32am On Apr 07, 2015
Castos:
If I fvck u eeerh! You'll remove those 2 dots and comment.
. Ur brain needs to be examined tongue
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 12:33am On Apr 07, 2015
And to the EEEEEEEEDIOTS lyking posts with tribalist content, keep up the good work by show casing your foolishness angry

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by toprealman: 12:33am On Apr 07, 2015
You do not bite the hand that feeds you....never. Watch him take a great plunge.
I love Igbo people. Igbo kwenu!!!

9 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by 4stylz: 12:34am On Apr 07, 2015
phantonce:
Most of this guys take loans worth millions of naira to prosecute their project .

he said he has tried all his best to eradicate piracy.
And the funniest part of is that this guy think wat they are doing is good and they had the effontery to try and sue him.
What he did doesn't make him a tribalist.
he is just saying the obvious that we've always known.

how would you feel if someone does this to you?
let's pinch ourself first to see how it feels before doing it to others.

The he should classify them as Nigerians....we are not a divided country...I will do everything right and live anywhere in this country, and heaven will not fall
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 12:34am On Apr 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
He called himself a film maker, so what do we call ANDY OKONKWO? I don't even know the irrelevant afolaya
Interestingly, I just had to Google "ANDY OKONKWO". Never heard of him.

7 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by lydelara(f): 12:34am On Apr 07, 2015
The comments I've readvshows that most of you are tribalistic and that is why you would easily read meanings to harmless words.....#stopthetribalism

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by hummerwise(m): 12:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Mcowubaba:

YEAH!! CORRECT
Dats my Adage nd Signature...
M just a Logical nd a Critical Political analyst..
I guess we may have the same ideology with different approaches..
$uce$$ bro!!!
Av seen ur signature,
1Luv broda

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by 4stylz: 12:36am On Apr 07, 2015
Nigeria will break! That's certain...its gradually coming to light...if I think about how divided hausa/igbos/hausas/niger delta don't like eachother...words fail me
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by farmas(m): 12:41am On Apr 07, 2015
This is an observation and everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. Let call a spade a spade, they are the one largely responsible for piracy.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 07, 2015
He didn't say anything wrong right? BUT If I say that yolloba are ritualist going by human killings that are happening in kwara, soka forest, ogun ritualist den, lagos and oshogbo the headquater of ritualism, hope I won't be crucified?
lydelara:
Lets stop being sentimental about issues. I don't see any wrong in what he said. He didnt insult the igbos..just stated the obvious..he said the pple SELLING not the pple MAKING pirated cds are igbos..get the msg b4 commenting.. ....
let's learn to respect all ethnic groups so that peace can reign in nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Duke10408: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Blame the wicked Igbos that bring shame on their tribe all because of money.

1Love
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by adconline(m): 12:45am On Apr 07, 2015
When most of the producers are of Igbo origin.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by zicoraads: 12:46am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

Did he lie for God sake? Isn't it true that igbos are the masterminds of piracy, , ? Why are you twisting his message to something else, I just wish they can let you guys go to your biafra sef.. una wahala too much
So, to you, everyone that criticises and points out the truth is Igbo or from the South South. Ama core northerner.

And, have you ever bought a C.D for one hundred or one hundred and fifty naira? Or even less? Then you are also a pirate. So, it is not peculiar to the Igbos alone. It's a national problem.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by davidmonye(m): 12:52am On Apr 07, 2015
AdaNri1:
Nigeria better be careful. All this bashing of igbos here and there was what helped to start a civil war. Today it's oba in Lagos, tomorrow it's a nonentity called Afolanyan, next it's an inconsequential bandit from kaduna...haba!!! It's too much o, Nigeria belongs to us all, enough with all these scapegoating.

If kunle Afolayan is a nonentity I can't imagine wat u are. Pls dnt allow tribalism take away your sense of reasoning and rationality. Though tribalistic comments could be cataclysmic to the unity of this Nation, that is because we are too tribe conscious. Afolayan said his mind, Nail him frm Now till tomorrow there is truth in what he said.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 12:56am On Apr 07, 2015
Kunle should probably start using the model a lot of music artistes have been using - selling the master copy to Alaba. Though it can be annoying when you think about it since it's like handing your hard work to those you consider the enemy. But our country and market is peculiar. We don't have a police task force that takes piracy seriously. Even if they arrest Alaba Big Boys today, they will be out by evening and business continues as usual.

What I hear is music artistes usually sell their master copies to Alaba. They negotiate; agree on a price. And they buy. They now have the responsibility of preventing piracy. If he can get Alaba marketers to buy for as much as 100 million or more, he should be satisfied.

Meanwhile, where can I get pirated copies of ALL movies from Eddie Ugboma? grin

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Mj45: 12:58am On Apr 07, 2015
We are not being fair. Truth is Igbos may be d sellers but d disc multiplication is actually Yoruba and Yes, some Igbo dudes have joined in d game over d years but Yorubas remain d brain behind piracy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Dallazday(m): 12:58am On Apr 07, 2015
phantonce:
Most of this guys take loans worth millions of naira to prosecute their project .

he said he has tried all his best to eradicate piracy.
And the funniest part of is that this guy think wat they are doing is good and they had the effontery to try and sue him.
What he did doesn't make him a tribalist.
he is just saying the obvious that we've always known.

how would you feel if someone does this to you?
let's pinch ourself first to see how it feels before doing it to others.
you just said nonsense. native fowl
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by mcpat(m): 12:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Guidette:
Is he wrong though? The word Aba-made means fake. So he has a point.
How myopic can your sentiments get? You will tell me the difference between Aba made and china made? I am very sure they are some shows in your cupboard but are made by your industrious Aba neighbors but labeled made in italy.. Which one your tribe done make self?
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 1:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Mj45:
We are not being fair. Truth is Igbos may be d sellers but d disc multiplication is actually Yoruba and Yes, some Igbo dudes have joined in d game over d years but Yorubas remain d brain behind piracy.
Stop trying to obfuscate the obvious. These CD duplicating machines ship in from China. Na Yorubas go bring in the machines? Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by AlphaDibia(m): 1:03am On Apr 07, 2015
LWKMD OO

Suspect33:
God this is unfair.....

U made igbo brain wit gold,

You made hausa brain wit bronze

nd you made yoruba brain wit orijin angry
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by atakamus: 1:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Someone should help me tell this Kunle or whatever he us called that if a business is not favouring you , you can change business. No stupid man stays in a business and be blaming others for his failures. Don't push your foolishness to millions of Nigerians because they are Igbos. If film making is not rewarding to you, go and sell pure water my friend. Don't come to the open to show your inferiority complex and stupidity. Are you telling me that no Yoruba person is involved in the illegal business if film pirating. Park well plantain head Kunle. Stop crying my friend.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by GL(f): 1:08am On Apr 07, 2015
The elections stretched the fragile tolerance we used to have for one another, now it's all hatred & irrationality. It would be good if we could find a way to peacefully split up, since this idea of One Nigeria seems like a castle in the air. I bet the elites of all tribes would be against it though, they have too much to lose.

lydelara:

to all those saying that kunle afolayan didn't insult igbos, did you see where he said "May the wrath of God strike all of you"? https://www.nairaland.com/2240758/kunle-afolayan-blasts-igbos-blames

while he probably meant for the wrath of god to strike the pirates, by starting his rant by saying these pirates are Igbo he has included the tribe in his insults/curse. I like to believe he doesn't hate Igbos that badly, just a wrong post at a wrong time. We all have those moments when we are really pissed off with someone from another tribe and we feel that momentary annoyance towards the person's tribe. He can't be excused however, cos he is an adult & a public figure and should have better control over his emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Interestingly, I just had to Google "ANDY OKONKWO". Never heard of him.

Then you don't watch Nigerian movies. grin
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by defemidefemi(m): 1:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Crocz:
His tweet couldn't have come at a worst time...he himself won't have imagined the attention his tweet garnered. I see his tweet as a victim of circumstance, he probably didn't mean it much.

In another time, his tweet would have been laughed upon and buried in layers of time. I trust he'll issue an apology soon. He's a cool guy
he has apologized already. ppl sud just forget about him mentioning Igbo, we sud all c ourselves as one. God bless Nigeria, change!
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by amtalkin(f): 1:10am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

shut the fvck up jare.... must every statement be taken too seriously
hey don't tell me to shut up!
your people know how to beat the war drum but can't dance to it.
I hate tribal fight so much
sometimes I just wish everybody will be like me for just a month and see how Nigeria will move forward within that period.
Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by ekiloui(f): 1:10am On Apr 07, 2015
logica:
Really? shocked Name one... grin

Tomorrow go to Alaba Market, carry pen and paper ask them for their names, then come back and give us report.

I would have done it but I no longer stay in lag

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars React To Kunle Afolayan Tribal Rants On Twitter by logica(m): 1:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Optimall:

Then you don't watch Nigerian movies. grin

You definitely got that right. Even then, I knew Afolayan because of the "noise" around "The Figurine".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Resemblance Between Rema And An Ivorian Lady As They Meet (Photo) / Tyger Booty Found Dead In Her Hotel Room In Ghana / Michael Awujoola Buys A House For Deola Smart In Spirit Of Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.