Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42588 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by madridguy(m): 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
It is right time the Federal government will address this issue..I think the government need to implement a stiffer law to curb the piracy....I think our government need to apply some chinese law in some aspect here...I remember a piracy lord " King Of Piracy " boasting a while ago that no one can arrest him as his doing is normal business..I hope our government can set up a plan to support our film-maker so that they can compete with their counterpart across the globe....

Vote apc
Vote ambode

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by saaedlee: 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
Piracy sucks....but we all re guilty of this! Quote me and I'll explain

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
More tweet and replies...

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by spanzed(m): 8:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
Alaba Market headquarters

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by illiad: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Its like using the term igbo its the trendy thing to do now? Yorubas they fry trouble and this trouble you're frying will consume your generations unborn.

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by silverdam(m): 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni

213 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
And then the apology... But trust Nigerians, we have zero chill wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo man + piracy = a match made in alaba market

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by donstevico(m): 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
I smell FP.......Igbo boys making life easier for Nigerians.... don't get me wrong but I think piracy is a blessing to lower class Nigerians.......who wan buy original film for 1k or go cinema pay above 1k? Na only middle class and upper class fit afford that luxury na

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
He is a slowpoke just like his oba,and finally he should tell his oba that no igbo man would drown in the lagoon beacuse another igbo man would be there selliing life jackets

265 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by floragregs(f): 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
He didn't have to mention any tribe! We don't go about talking about how dirty they are, do we?

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Crocz(m): 8:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo this, Igbo that...ah ahn!...wetin self? angry

Na only una waka come? grin

23 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by fiftynaira(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
It is quite unacceptable for posters above me to call my ethnic nationality names.... I think the mods need hypo to come and clean up this mess these posters have caused in here...

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by jasper7(m): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
It's interesting... I am still expecting more
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by nerodenero: 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
There's no ending to the rivalry between yorubas and Igbos.Funny enough,Igbos still prefer yorubas to the Hausas and the Hausas prefer yorubas to the Igbos. The question is, which ethnic group does the yorubas prefer? Bigotry divides us and shouldn't be tolerated. Just like any movie producer, Kunle invest heavily in movie production and his pained seeing his hard-earned job being sold like agege-bread.This matter needs urgent attention.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by ALAYORMII: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
I just pray and hope there won't be chaos in Nigeria

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Dapresident(m): 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Piracy needs serious attention though, bt nt in d way afor is painting it... Dat sounds tribalistic...

6 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Na wa o!

Floraregs, two wrongs don't make a right. angry

Someone with a reasonable level of education would not engage in tribalistic rifts. It only shows how shallow you think.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by safarigirl(f): 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sad

Is it only Igbos that pirate the movies? Isn't it human beings that buy these pirated copies? Do his Yoruba brothers not patronize these pirates as well? If there were no markets for them, would piracy thrive?

Is he the first producer to have his movies pirated? Many have come before him and even a primary 6 student knows that piracy is one of the things every movie producer will have to face in Nigeria so if that's what Kunle is bytchin' about then he's apparently not as smart as he seems.

When AY had this issue, he didn't go about cursing tribes.....shows how daft Kunle is. He forgets that those movies he makes require sponsors. Getting sponsors will be harder now with this comment especially as he'll be losing a great number of Igbo fans

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by angelTI(f): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
He is a slowpoke just like his oba,and finally he should tell his oba that no igbo man would drown in the lagoon beacuse another igbo man would be there selliing life jackets

Though I am a full blooded Yoruba lady but this statement is epic! grin grin grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by vislabraye(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
Since after the election, we've been hearing much about Igbos.... Afolayan should be careful about his utternces. After all, some od his colleagues are Igbos too.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Pebcak: 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
shocked WTF Aresejabata be like

Bros cool down take a chill pill thats part of the hickups in your career field y'all Nollywood people should find a way to curb it and no finger pointing to a particular tribe
What if the person behind it is yoruba or even your family. I beg take a CHILL PILL

12 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by CR77(f): 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by igbsam(m): 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
Like seriously ?

Igbos are really pissing people off this days.

7 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by bigt2(m): 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
shocked
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
Let him burn...

11 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Like father like son...

15 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by holluwai(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Why?
Must everyone go tribalistic?
We are yet to see the last of the daft Oba of Lagos.
I am a Yoruba but I wouldn't support any of these crap!
Tackle issues and not tribilize it!

57 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mike And Wife, Perri Edwards Cover Genevieve Magazine (Photo) / Assassination: Tacha Sues Blessing Okoro For Defamation, Demands N20 Million / Meet Christina Adeleke, Davido's Hot Aunt And Mother Of HKN Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.