Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,443 members, 7,861,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? (3270 Views)

Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) / Who Is Jimi Agbaje? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by Bre(f): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dele010:

Lol...

But then, we can't just give up on our fellow Nigerians... even though they still act as animals.

He that knows is supposed to enlighten they that are unaware.

Change has started... Change is the only thing that is constant... Nigeria WILL get better.

My brother, of course! I am fiercely proud to be Nigerian and can never give up on my people, I don't have a choice! That's why I have gone out of character and said much more than I normally do on this forum because of the tribalism I have seen recently infecting NL.
Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by mrmetoo1: 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bre:

Okay, this takes me back to my initial point. When was a cross section of Igbo Lagosians taken to derive that they would all vote for him?

So far as my own personal experience goes, I of all my Igbo friends and family am the only one that felt GEJ should have been re-elected. My mother, who was a young child during the war, even she was very passionately behind Buhari. I am not too passionate about either candidate for Lagos, and as far as my family and Igbo friends in Lagos are concerned, they want to remain with APC. So again, who decided that Agbaje is an Igbo candidate? Who decided that all Igbos will vote for him? It is one man, one vote - no one has a monopoly on an entire group of people.

I do however feel that Lagosians must be wise in voting - the political godfatherism has eaten deep into the system to the detriment of the greater good.

I do agree that no one should vote on tribal sentiments. I am a patriot. No other choice; Nigeria is ours.

Thank you for this but people arrived at this based on conversations and probably based on voting patterns in the presidential elections. Even online when you see a lot of threads saying "Igbos should vote Agbaje" etc.

Now as far as godfatherism, only a naive person will say that won't exist. Jimi got more votes than delegates how did you think that happened without some kind of influence from "above". Do you really think that person did that for free? I honestly think this godfatherism has been blown way out of proportion. Even Obama the leader of the free world has godfathers, they can either be good or bad influence. Without a doubt Tinubu has gained from Lagos but even with that, Fashola's success can't be denied unless we want to be deceitful.
Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by VirginFinder: 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Jimi Agbaje has promised ibos that he'll rob Peter (Yorubas) to pay Paul (ibos).

Even the little Tinubu gave to ibos didnt go down well with us.

Now Jimi Agbaje wants to go the whole ten yards.

We wont allow him!

1 Like

Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by Bre(f): 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Thank you for this but people arrived at this based on conversations and probably based on voting patterns in the presidential elections. Even online when you see a lot of threads saying "Igbos should vote Agbaje" etc.

Now as far as godfatherism, only a naive person will say that won't exist. Jimi got more votes than delegates how did you think that happened without some kind of influence from "above". Do you really think that person did that for free? I honestly think this godfatherism has been blown way out of proportion. Even Obama the leader of the free world has godfathers, they can either be good or bad influence. Without a doubt Tinubu has gained from Lagos but even with that, Fashola's success can't be denied unless we want to be deceitful.

I get your point, at the end of the day, Lagos will prosper and thrive no matter/in spite of who governs it. So is the nature of the beast. Saying Tinubu has gained from Lagos is a massive understatement...

Concerning the presidential vote, again, one cannot deny the support that GEJ received overwhelmingly from SE and SS (myself included). Neither can one discount the same landslide voting attributed to Buhari by his kinsmen in the north. But for a governership of Lagos where any and all tribes are found, they are all voting between two Yoruba candidates. That's the bottom line of the matter. I just do not understand how Nigerians have taken that situation and tribalised it. That is what it all boils down to undecided
Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by mrmetoo1: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bre:

I get your point, at the end of the day, Lagos will prosper and thrive no matter/in spite of who governs it. So is the nature of the beast. Saying Tinubu has gained from Lagos is a massive understatement...

Concerning the presidential vote, again, one cannot deny the support that GEJ received overwhelmingly from SE and SS (myself included). Neither can one discount the same landslide voting attributed to Buhari by his kinsmen in the north. But for a governership of Lagos where any and all tribes are found, they are all voting between two Yoruba candidates. That's the bottom line of the matter. I just do not understand how Nigerians have taken that situation and tribalised it. That is what it all boils down to undecided

I wonder why no such noise and fuss is being made of the FCT gubernatorial race.

I'm sorry for the back and forth and you may not agree but Lagos PDP has a lot to do with the tribal sentiments. Obanikoro was on radio two Fridays ago talking about the APC not being happy that some non-indegenes won some seats in the house. Talking this and that about non-indegenes and how APC treats them, then we've seen these flyers about the place. It just really sucks that the Oba dragged Ambode into this tribal nonsense
Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by Bre(f): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I'm sorry for the back and forth and you may not agree but Lagos PDP has a lot to do with the tribal sentiments. Obanikoro was on radio two Fridays ago talking about the APC not being happy that some non-indegenes won some seats in the house. Talking this and that about non-indegenes and how APC treats them, then we've seen these flyers about the place. It just really sucks that the Oba dragged Ambode into this tribal nonsense

No wahala for the back and forth. I'm confined to bed rest and social mediums are keeping me occupied. Seriously, had it not been for the guy who posted the pics of those fliers just a few messages ago, I would have never known how bad it had been. I had not seen those fliers before then. Even still, who's to say that people swallowed the propaganda?

My gripe is with people forcing this Jimi guy down Igbo people's throats as if he is an undercover Okafor answering Agbaje. And for those who do vote for him, that's their prerogative. Shikena!
Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by Ezemust: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

He is not an Igbo man that is why we don't have to carry his matter on our head like we did for Jonathan who is Ijaw! The fight between Agbaje & Ambode is like that between a husband & wife and when they kiss and settle, they will turn round to accuse you of being the devil trying to destroy their marriage. Ambode & Agbaje will definitely make up after the elections regardless of who wins and guess what? they will turn round to blame the Igbos for trying to cause disaffection in their land and name us the 'devil.'
but can we vote for a party dat deport our ppl?or a party dat refuse to give non indegine slot to be voted for?

1 Like

Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by mrmetoo1: 4:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bre:

No wahala for the back and forth. I'm confined to bed rest and social mediums are keeping me occupied. Seriously, had it not been for the guy who posted the pics of those fliers just a few messages ago, I would have never known how bad it had been. I had not seen those fliers before then. Even still, who's to say that people swallowed the propaganda?

My gripe is with people forcing this Jimi guy down Igbo people's throats as if he is an undercover Okafor answering Agbaje. And for those who do vote for him, that's their prerogative. Shikena!

Lmao @ undercover Okafor. Sorry to hear about your bed rest, hope you get better soon.

At the end day I pray for the person that'll serve Lagos better out of the two leading candidates to come out victorious
Re: But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? by maclatunji: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bre:

Thanks prof. but, right back atcha (reread your sentence) undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/2241107/jimi-agbaje-igbo-man#32514120

You now know what I mean. #Hehehehe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Nigerians Under Fire In South Africa / BREAKING | It’s Official: ‘yes, My Country Is Corrupt’, Buhari Tells Sky News / An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.