Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement (2394 Views)

Why Olisa Metuh Tore His Statement – EFCC / PDP Asks Buhari To Clarify Role In Massacre Of 300 Igbo Soldiers, Civilians / Why Jonathan Must Clarify His Position As C-in-c Under The Constitution — APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by phaulzoe(m): 5:10am On Apr 07, 2015
He isnt forcing any1 to vote 4 ambode but he wish if d igbos can show appreciation to fashola by voting ambode...lo ba tan
Read below.....
“My attention has been drawn to a publication in a national newspaper where HRM Oba Riliwanu Akinolu was alleged to have threatened Igbos in Lagos to make them vote for Ambode.

Last Sunday, all honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu. At the meeting the visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in. Lagos. They assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.

Oba Akiolu on his part acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos. He gave the assurance that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos. The Obas thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.

He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.

Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.

Oba Akiolu is the father of all irrespective of tribe, religion or political persuasion. In Lagos, we have an old traditional proverb that relates to the Lagoon. The Lagoon is unique to Lagos. The proverb stresses the need for unity and understanding when you do business in an environment and in this case when you live and do business in Lagos.

Oba Akiolu prays for peace for the land of Lagos and prosperity for all its inhabitants”.

Signed: Chief Lateef Aderibigbe Ajose, Opeluwa of Lagos
April 6, 2015
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 5:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Which clarity is he talking about? Why did you omit that he said what they could not do in onitsha should not be done here in Lagos, The message was clear enough, no need for any clarity

1 Like

Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by oluwafemi113(m): 5:17am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by ValentineMary(m): 5:24am On Apr 07, 2015
There is no clerification here. U just skipped some part.
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 5:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
Which clarity is he talking about? Why did you omit that he said what they could not do in onitsha should not be done here in Lagos, The message was clear enough, no need for any clarity

and so? these iboes are over stepping their bounds...we seriously need to look into their case ASAP!

2 Likes

Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 5:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Which boundary are you talking about? They are very important to the development of Lagos state
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by phaulzoe(m): 5:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Whether or not the igbos vote JK he still can win Ambode......
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 5:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Yes, he can win for sure
phaulzoe:
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 07, 2015
jaso1:
Igbo in Lagos are vying over ownership of Lagos with Yoruba, they even got to extent of asking for Igbo deputy as their rightful slot.
I've heard an Igbo friend that say Yorubas are fool, that we are sold out in election that produced sai baba.
Igbo are visitor in Lagos and Yoruba been accommodative above other tribes, allowed Igbo freedom that got them intusticated.
Akinolu have my support for whatever some bunch of fools have in plan. He should not apologies to anybody, and whoever that's not comfortable with Oba's stand should vacate Lagos.
Can a Yoruba person become councilor in your region? Have included Yoruba in your state government as we have in Lagos?
Part of Igbo greediness is their mad culture that never allow female children to inherit her father property.
They will never see anything good about other tribe. They always have that ego of dominant. Lagos has had enough of your mess, on Akiolu statement we stand.

1 Like

Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by phaulzoe(m): 5:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Lolz.........out of 100% igbos 20 or 30% go still vote ambode den + other tribes___guy APC go win
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by phaulzoe(m): 6:01am On Apr 07, 2015
Whether igbos like am or not na yorubas get lasgidi and dey can do whatever dey want in land, u cant chose 4 dem instead dey rather chose for you the IGBOS............Eko o ni baje!
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:03am On Apr 07, 2015
hypocrite am sure you're one of those illegal tithe collectors/thieves at the Redemption Camp....the church is watching you....soon you'd be caught!

Ebenezerk2:
Yes, he can win for sure
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by phaulzoe(m): 6:05am On Apr 07, 2015
@who@praxisnetworks
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:07am On Apr 07, 2015
ebenezerk2

phaulzoe:
@who@praxisnetworks
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:09am On Apr 07, 2015
I can see that you are suffering from active brain, an adult with a kid brain
praxisnetworks:
hypocrite am sure you're one of those illegal tithe collectors/thieves at the Redemption Camp....the church is watching you....soon you'd be caught!

Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
I can see that you are suffering from active brain, an adult with a kid brain

hypocrite...next time you won't bring RCCG into a bigoted thread created by you....
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by olupops(f): 6:15am On Apr 07, 2015
phaulzoe:
was it not the same ambode that was sacked during fashola 's time 6or all I know he is not credible
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:17am On Apr 07, 2015
No time for your stupidity
praxisnetworks:

hypocrite...next time you won't bring RCCG into a bigoted thread created by you....
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:18am On Apr 07, 2015
Not even ur fada can wake up to castigate an Oba as a properly brought up Yorubaman hence I doubt your paternity...imagine tryn to con people with the RCCG membership line?

Ebenezerk2:
No time for your stupidity
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by oluwafemi113(m): 6:20am On Apr 07, 2015
What's I noticed so far is does Igbos making so much noise on this issue here on Nairaland don't stay in Lagos and even some of them have not being to Lagos before
The real Lagos based Igbos won't take it that personal to this level, because they won't allow politics to divide us apart. We the yorubas and igbos have been living like one family here in Lagos.
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by LordCenturion(m): 6:23am On Apr 07, 2015
jaso1:
Igbo in Lagos are vying over ownership of Lagos with Yoruba, they even got to extent of asking for Igbo deputy as their rightful slot.
I've heard an Igbo friend that say Yorubas are fool, that we are sold out in election that produced sai baba.
Igbo are visitor in Lagos and Yoruba been accommodative above other tribes, allowed Igbo freedom that got them intusticated.
Akinolu have my support for whatever some bunch of fools have in plan. He should not apologies to anybody, and whoever that's not comfortable with Oba's stand should vacate Lagos.
Can a Yoruba person become councilor in your region? Have included Yoruba in your state government as we have in Lagos?
Part of Igbo greediness is their mad culture that never allow female children to inherit her father property.
They will never see anything good about other tribe. They always have that ego of dominant. Lagos has had enough of your mess, on Akiolu statement we stand.

1 Like

Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:25am On Apr 07, 2015
I can see how useless are you, it is either you were not trained or you refused to be trained, your father must have cursed you, that is why you can mention another person's father anyhow, no need to exchange words with a useless person like you
praxisnetworks:
ur fada!

Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2015
ur fada cannot wake up to castigate an Oba as a properly brought up Yorubaman hence I doubt your paternity...imagine tryn to con people with the RCCG membership line?
Ebenezerk2:
I can see how useless are you, it is either you were not trained or you refused to be trained, your father must have cursed you, that is why you can mention another person's father anyhow, no need to exchange words with a useless person like you
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2015
Your response has said it all
praxisnetworks:
ur fada!
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by nationwide1(m): 6:32am On Apr 07, 2015
phaulzoe:
He isnt forcing any1 to vote 4 ambode but he wish if d igbos can show appreciation to fashola by voting ambode...lo ba tan
Read below.....
“My attention has been drawn to a publication in a national newspaper where HRM Oba Riliwanu Akinolu was alleged to have threatened Igbos in Lagos to make them vote for Ambode.

Last Sunday, all honorary Eze Ndigbos in Lagos paid a courtesy call to HRM Oba Akinolu. At the meeting the visitors praised the Oba for his fatherly support for and cooperation with Igbos in. Lagos. They assured him of their continued good neighborliness with other tribes in Lagos and support everything that’ll further strengthen that harmony.

Oba Akiolu on his part acknowledged the enviable performance of Governor Fashola and his contribution to the growth of investments in Lagos. He gave the assurance that he is not disturbed or angry with South-East and South- South votes for President Jonathan as perceived by the Eze Ndigbos. The Obas thereafter called on the Igbos chiefs to show appreciation to Lagos State by supporting his candidate Mr. Ambode for continuity of excellence as they have earlier promised.

He assured them of his continued support‎ and assistance where needed and the meeting ended with the traditional breaking of kolas, alligator pepper, and bitter kola and pouring of liberation on the ground. It was within this context that that the tradition of Lagos with regard to the lagoon came up. It was noted that whoever works against the throne and the interest and peaceful co-existence of Lagos would end up in the lagoon as per tradition.

Oba Akiolu stated further that the Igbo people have not betrayed the throne. Lagos has also not betrayed the Igbo people. Lagos has done so much to make the Igbos comfortable and to prosper. For this, we expect reciprocal respect and understanding. The Oba of Lagos prays that the Lagoon and the throne will continue to bless and protect all those who reside and visit Lagos.

Oba Akiolu is the father of all irrespective of tribe, religion or political persuasion. In Lagos, we have an old traditional proverb that relates to the Lagoon. The Lagoon is unique to Lagos. The proverb stresses the need for unity and understanding when you do business in an environment and in this case when you live and do business in Lagos.

Oba Akiolu prays for peace for the land of Lagos and prosperity for all its inhabitants”.

Signed: Chief Lateef Aderibigbe Ajose, Opeluwa of Lagos
April 6, 2015

1. How does he clarify statement when the video is already available?

2. Does he mean Igbos don't have right of association?

3. Is Agbaje not a Yoruba son again?

4. Appreciate Fashola who deported them in their country at night?

Oba Akinolu has erred unless the video is fake.
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:34am On Apr 07, 2015
ur fada cannot wake up to castigate an Oba as a properly brought up Yorubaman hence I doubt your paternity...imagine tryn to con people with the RCCG membership line?
Ebenezerk2:
Your response has said it all
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:35am On Apr 07, 2015
You are cursed already
praxisnetworks:
ur fada!
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2015
cannot wake up to castigate an Oba as a properly brought up Yorubaman hence I doubt your paternity...imagine tryn to con people with the RCCG membership line?

Ebenezerk2:
You are cursed already

one way...flee 7 ways, am blessed beyond curses!
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:39am On Apr 07, 2015
Send me your number, you need to be enlightened
praxisnetworks:
cannot wake up to castigate an Oba as a properly brought up Yorubaman hence I doubt your paternity...imagine tryn to con people with the RCCG membership line?

one way...flee 7 ways, am blessed beyond curses!
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by praxisnetworks: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2015
0801gboland
Ebenezerk2:
Send me your number, you need to be enlightened
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Wendyslim(f): 6:52am On Apr 07, 2015
The igbos on dis platform just dey vomit rubbish. I trust Igbo chaps for Lagos dey will vote for the right person cos dey won't want dir votes to be wasted. AMBODE 2015. Haters tongue tongue
Re: OBA Of Lagos Has Finally Clarify His Statement by Ebenezerk2: 6:56am On Apr 07, 2015
grin grin grin
praxisnetworks:
0801gboland

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buruji Kashamu To Head Senate Committee On Foreign Affairs / Niger Deltans, Concerned Nigerians, Read This! / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Nigerian Chief Of Army Staff, House Of Reps Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.