Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana (48449 Views)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / Police Vow To Arrest Saraki ‘without Delay’ / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by otr1(m): 4:04am On Apr 08, 2015
glo3nity:

Messing with..?
Don't make me laugh cus I do not want to laugh now but last when that wicked expectation of that your so called cold war manifest into hot war at the front shall I be awaiting ur head!

As it was during the civil war, so shall it always be...we will beat you to submission until you realise your stupidity.
We'll simply turn all of you to destitutes through harsh economic policies customized for Ibos, then Bus your ass.es back to Onitsha. No need to waste bullets on you.

You now know why you can't have a laugh at all, but rather complain and cry for help from the FG and UN?grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by collinz: 5:36am On Apr 08, 2015
The MOST INTELLIGENT write up I've read since this wahala started......
Onyebuchi Ememanka writes ~

What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance.

As a people that thrive on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of commerce and business.

A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive to their duties.
Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this.

No Igbo child has been sent away from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in Lagos....our children enjoy this too.

What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people, just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not(LAGOS IS YORUBALAND)!

All of a sudden, Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.

What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here.

Yorubas are highly politically sophisticated people and they understand that it is better for them to have a government in Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people own here...
this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal government can do.

In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than the pope.

Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.

Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.

Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge population and presence there" . . .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by collinz: 5:43am On Apr 08, 2015
femi falana...Oba no dey go transfer...Oba will not apologize....he regrets that people twisted his words though and igbos should appreciate their Yoruba landlord..and let this whole issue just die here, we are all Nigerians...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 08, 2015
Who the fvck is this idi.ot? Another loquacious and pseudo-sophisticated/educated Yoruba parrot. Why are these parrots always the ones in the media, for fvck sake?

And what type of Yoruba man would tell a first class king to apologise "without delay" to fvcking uncultured mofos from the land of gully erosion? This is what happens when parents don't educate their kids properly. How about shut the fvck up, and not get involved?

The King has freedom of speech and he said whatever he said - so what? If those he said it to don't have a problem with it, they wouldn't have clapped for him. But they did. Move on, muthaphuckas.

You lot just gave these pikeys an opportunity to disrespect a Yoruba throne. And I don't blame them cos they never had kings till the arrival of the Brits.

The King mustn't apologise, if he does - then he'll have to either go commit suicide, vacate the throne, or stop being the King of Lagos and change his title to king of Aworiland. He's the authority, though not infallible, but he has to stand by his words, no matter what. No apologies to no one.

Suck it and move on. But muthaphucka a Femi Falana or whoever the fvck this inconsequential reprobate is.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by bewla(m): 7:04am On Apr 08, 2015
derecho:
owes you mean?Pride can destroy anyone,not saying sorry does not dignify him,It further degrades him.
Thanks for your advice but there is a saying were u cant use your head to walk as your legs
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by jogojogo: 7:32am On Apr 08, 2015
fizyalasdair:
The words of the OBA were harsh and sensitive. Revolution
is what shapes the world. When Agbaje wins, I would like to
see what he has to say. The Igbos are known for their
courage, intimidation will only boost their will to vote
Agbaje....The Oba and APC have done PDP a great favour...
Lagosians will now experience true change. #VoteAgbaje
and show you have no fear. My dear Igbos let them know
what revolution is.

Take it easy. The Oba has nothing to lose even if Jimi wins the election.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by glo3nity: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2015
[quote author=otr1 post=32468496]

As it was during the civil war, so shall it always be...
You now know why you can't have a laugh at all, but rather complain and cry for help from the FG and UN?

I've not forgotten you yorubas are fond of mouth making, your very own strenght lies in your mouth.
Good in spillin poo and weak in battle. Hope that war you're callin for when it draws you won't be first to run hands on your head with your town crier community mouth as coward you've always being

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2015
PenSniper:

Forum ? Funny ? What on earth would you mean ? Dont deceive yourself, its a serious matter. There is a way you act when silly people push you to the wall. No one comes to my land to bully me and goes scotfree and if you thing i will run, then goodluck to you. When you wake up the beast in a sleeping tiger, you end up in his tommy.

lol! so Samson go just dey look tiger make e bite am. E bi like say you need more sleeping tablet to sleep well. Its a country and its called Nigeria with lots of ethnic diversity. We have a lot of Yorubas down here and we don't treat them badly. Mtchew!! My land ko my compound ni. Its narrow mindedness to reason like you do, Have you ever travelled outside Lagos?? You need change yourself.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2015
Zuria:

Oh....didnt know that grin grin grin

.......obviously the stupid ones are clapped for.....lol!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 8:35am On Apr 08, 2015
cescky:

Madam pls that's not true...not all seas can accomodate a sea port hence...lag, the water has to be deep like antlantic ocean hence lagos

well Lagos is not the only sea port in Nigeria. get your facts!!! Pride goeth before a fall.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2015
xtervaganza:
if you don't like what he said you can return to your paradise oo.

He no force una come him land

Lol! You don't even know what state I leave in before running your mind. Down here we have a lot of Yoruba folks living here and we accommodate them well with throwing abuses at them. Its narrow mindedness to reason like you do.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 8:45am On Apr 08, 2015
mpowa:

Why would you be separated? is that not your style? To claim other's properties, assuming they don't have anything now, you won't be one. In fact if those one are not careful, you soon claim their oil totally to yourselves.

You are so Ignorant. Unfortunately for you I am from south south and will tell you again and again that we are same with Ibos. Yam head! Imo State produces Oil too but not as much, Anambra will also join soonest, they have oil as well. Remain Ignorant, pride goeth before a fall.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by walozanga(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2015
Oba of Lagos is an uneducated fat bag of shit...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by mpowa(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2015
Chiaka:

You are so Ignorant. Unfortunately for you I am from south south and will tell you again and again that we are same with Ibos. Yam head! Imo State produces Oil too but not as much, Anambra will also join soonest, they have oil as well. Remain Ignorant, pride goeth before a fall.

grin grin He pain am, why you they call me yam head na?

But I know it is a lie that you are inseparable, everybody knows his father's name, and when personal agenda arises - to your tent oh isreal. As for my people, we don't really care about this oil, we were doing far better without it before they made Nigeria a central government, wealth is in the MIND and if you have men like Awolowo, you will have all you need, If Nigeria separate, Yoruba will not only survive but will FLOURISH.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2015
mpowa:

grin grin He pain am, why you they call me yam head na?

But I know it is a lie that you are inseparable, everybody knows his father's name, and when personal agenda arises - to your tent oh isreal. As for my people, we don't really care about this oil, we were doing far better without it before they made Nigeria a central government, wealth is in the MIND and if you have men like Awolowo, you will have all you need, If Nigeria separate, Yoruba will not only survive but will FLOURISH.

Remain in your world then, All the best. Am kinda busy now sorry gat to end this discussion. Have a nice day.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by mpowa(m): 9:08am On Apr 08, 2015
Chiaka:

Remain in your world then, All the best. Am kinda busy now sorry gat to end this discussion. Have a nice day.

You're welcome.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by otr1(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2015
glo3nity

It's save to hide behind your device and call the Yorubas cowards.

We understand Ibos only respect those who kill them for suya like the Hausa and that's the treatment you'll start getting henceforth.

Talk about war? You're not our match and you can't win a war with us on the other side. It can't happen and history should have told you the same. But if you doubt me, you can start another war and let's see who will cry againgrin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by glo3nity: 9:54am On Apr 08, 2015
whitecat1:
Your bolo

Who let this mental case out of his cage..?
Mr man does this place seem to you like a mental institute..?
You better shove your mouth where it belong and bundle self back in your shackles.

From my observation you've clearly painted yourself as a child who has no regard for his mother and has none for another
If you were born of a LovePeddler sorry I wasn't and while you speak ill of yourself and your home remember I'M PROUD OF MY MOTHER
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by glo3nity: 10:07am On Apr 08, 2015
It's save to hide behind your device and call the Yorubas cowards.

Talk about war? You're not our match and you can't win a war with us on the other side. It can't happen and history should have told you the same. But if you doubt me, you can start another war and let's see

I think the school you went to you misread your history teacher completely i will refer you back to your history book read it thoroughly and see who ate who as suya or seek audience from your grand parents.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Coldfeet(f): 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Oba Akinolu may not be right on this but the attitude of our Igbo brothers and sisters could frustrate one.

Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.

Oba Akinolu is their match and that is why the situation seems difficult now.

A gentle king could be disobeyed easily but did they say anything at the palace? No. They dare not.

It was after leaving the palace that chest beating, ultimatum , etc started surfacing.

Who then is the cowards? Ta lo fe gbenan woju ekun lai f'eje we ( who wants to put light at the face of a tiger without being bathed with blood)

Remember, 'He who makes peaceful resolution difficult , has made violence inevitable.'
Please I'd like to know how exactly you helped the igbos? An igbo man came to Lagos with 100naira, bought a bag of pure water sold it and made profit! Kept on reinvesting his money till he was able to buy your lands from you and built on it! His own sweat?? And you say you helped him like you gave him money to do business?

Is the igbo man living free of charge in Lagos?

Was there any preferential treatment the yorubas gave the igbos?

When we came knocking this house wasn't as habitable as it is now! So what is it actually that the Yoruba man did for the igbo man here in Lagos?

I as an igbo person cannot say I built Lagos
Neither can the Yoruba man..

The left hand aids in properly washing of the right hand vice a vice.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by drehdinho(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
kendrick9:
Middle finger for Oba akiolu... what an 1diot..
Lagos is a no man's land whether he agrees or not.

He should tender an apology or else....

Kendrick or what do you even call yourself,you see, that Lagos belongs to the Igbos. In fact the whole south west belongs to the Igbos...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by cescky(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Chiaka:

well Lagos is not the only sea port in Nigeria. get your facts!!! Pride goeth before a fall.

i see your surely not knowlegabale about these things...your just following them say them say

yes Lagos is not .....look ive been in the marine industry before, to correct your ignorance Lagos ports generate at least 80 percent of revenue for Nigeria which means most of what is consumed in Nigeria comes through these ports and these have the most money coming through

i respectably answered you previously am not sure why ur coming at me like this... .i wont say any other thing to you, knowing am proud!

and knowing you dont know
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
cescky:

i see your surely not knowlegabale about these things...your just following them say them say

yes Lagos is not .....look ive been in the marine industry before, to correct your ignorance Lagos ports generate at least 80 percent of revenue for Nigeria which means most of what is consumed in Nigeria comes through these ports and these have the most money coming through

i respectably answered you previously am not sure why ur coming at me like this... .i wont say any other thing to you, knowing am proud!

and knowing you dont know

The reason is because Lagos was a previous federal capital that's why its port is the busiest, been that way since it was a federal capital. You sound like only lagos had sea ports was only letting you know its not what you thinking if at all.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Kay17: 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
collinz:
The MOST INTELLIGENT write up I've read since this wahala started......
Onyebuchi Ememanka writes ~

What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance.

As a people that thrive on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of commerce and business.

A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive to their duties.
Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this.

No Igbo child has been sent away from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in Lagos....our children enjoy this too.

What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people, just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not(LAGOS IS YORUBALAND)!

All of a sudden, Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.

What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here.

Yorubas are highly politically sophisticated people and they understand that it is better for them to have a government in Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people own here...
this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal government can do.

In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than the pope.

Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.

Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.

Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge population and presence there" . . .

Now that Lagos is Yorubaland, doesn't that mean Yorubas only should decide on the destiny of Lagos?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by cescky(m): 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Chiaka:

The reason is because Lagos was a previous federal capital that's why its port is the busiest, been that way since it was a federal capital. You sound like only lagos had sea ports was only letting you know its not what you thinking if at all.

ok ma
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by xtervaganza(m): 7:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Chiaka:

Lol! You don't even know what state I leave in before running your mind. Down here we have a lot of Yoruba folks living here and we accommodate them well with throwing abuses at them. Its narrow mindedness to reason like you do.
and when and where did you see the Yorubas insulting your heritage and calling your land nk man's land?

Abeg the only narrow minded tw@ts I know are from your region. Their mouth will kill them again like it did before
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by shuaibsmanee: 11:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
He need to apologise to the igbos but what i don't understand is PDP using the oba's speech to campaign against the APC, am sure they have evil agenda for lagos. i am voting APC
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by whitecat1: 4:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Check in the loony cage where your mother is tied down with chains, no one let her out!

glo3nity:

Who let this mental case out of his cage..?
Mr man does this place seem to you like a mental institute..?
You better shove your mouth where it belong and bundle self back in your shackles.

From my observation you've clearly painted yourself as a child who has no regard for his mother and has none for another
If you were born of a LovePeddler sorry I wasn't and while you speak ill of yourself and your home remember I'M PROUD OF MY MOTHER
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by glo3nity: 7:14am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
Check in the loony cage where your mother is tied down with chains, no one let her out!

If you are sensible you won't reply me, it such a pity you are not no wonder you can't stop throwing those poo of yours that you are made of. Keep it coming while we study you like lab rat.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by whitecat1: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2015
You still can't find your mad mother? oh sorry, keep her chained down next time with a bigger rope, ok?

glo3nity:

If you are sensible you won't reply me, it such a pity you are not no wonder you can't stop throwing those poo of yours that you are made of. Keep it coming while we study you like lab rat.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 8:19am On Apr 09, 2015
xtervaganza:
and when and where did you see the Yorubas insulting your heritage and calling your land nk man's land?

Abeg the only narrow minded tw@ts I know are from your region. Their mouth will kill them again like it did before

They don't need to because we integrate them.....well whether you like it on not, Lagos remains a No mans land like Abuja, until Anambra, or even calabar or any other region here becomes a capital with huge government investment whose source of income is from this region then it becomes a No mans land. Any where with huge government investment like Lagos/Abuja called capitals are no mans land, whether former or current. Afterall other western states like Ogun, Oyo, Osun etc are not called No mans land, this is the hard reality ok......accept it with joy.! wink
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by glo3nity: 8:38am On Apr 09, 2015
whitecat1:
You still can't find your mad mother? oh sorry, keep her chained down next time with a bigger rope, ok?

Do you have any better thing to bring into the picture other than your mad mother and yourself..?
Ride on....! and when you are done denting your entire being meet me at the brainees spot!
LOL!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje And Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Lagos (Photos) / Buhari ‘warns Aides Over Obasanjo’ / Lauretta Onochie: Hushpuppi Was Contracted By Atiku And PDP To Rig 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.