Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,769 members, 7,813,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana (48446 Views)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / Police Vow To Arrest Saraki ‘without Delay’ / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Emeralddd(f): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Oba will do no such thing!

Oba must not apologize! Ibos can go to hell!!

U sure say u well

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by ooshinibos: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
these monarchs should be scrapped for good , ..I don't see their relevance to the present day world except the museum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by astana1: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
ikombe:

The igbos have surfferd more than any other tribe, we have been insulted more than any other tribe. Dont know y they still like picking on us undecided
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

ABUJA- BELONGS TO THE GWARRI'S

IGBO SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THEIR STATEMENTS.

IF THEY TRY THE NONSENSE THEY ARE DOING IN LAGOS, THEY WILL BE ROASTED. grin

maybe its becos we are not voilent dats y angry

somebody has to teach some pricks lessons of there life.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by nereiskc(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ndi igbo come in mass and vote for your choice, let me see how heavens will fall. Am disappointed that such a hate speech is coming from a traditional ruler & for those clapping after his speech, am serious for u & ur generation cos u r all laying bad foundation for generations to come.#obaisonhisown

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by scantee(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Oba will do no such thing!

Oba must not apologize! Ibos can go to hell!!
sorry i understand how hurt you are now, bt ur oba must (MUST) apologize to Igbos. & he must pleaded to them to accept it else...

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by fabregas04(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
richgang:
I'm not a Yoruba person, but we all have freedom of speech, during the presidential election campaign, you know how many people insult Johnathan, did he ask any1 to apologies, abeg eeee, freedom of speech is allowed, na him get him mouth
in his case, the Oba singled out a certain tribe, threathened them to their face wt all seriouness in him, his words were harsh, that's totally unacceptable, we Yorubas re not known 4 such habit, u need to watch d video or even listen to d audio version. He shld withdraw his statement ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by lomprico(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
PenSniper:

Agbaje or Ambode makes no difference so neither will tolerate traitors. You claimed to have armed yourselves and marked choice targets, whatever that means. You will soon learn that words are sacred. Be ready. It will only come to kill and be killed and if it comes to that be assured that no single igbo man or woman, young or old would leave Lagos and SW alive. You can neither go by air nor sea and the land route is long, tortuous and unfriendly. Colateral damage would be much for sure. When the burble bursts, the constitution becomes mear paper.
Have u experienced war before? Fooool!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by joecooper(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
he should pls

in d mean time read signature below wink
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by titanic1(f): 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
derez no big deal to apologies but ibos ppl na were nd bastard dey will b doin as if dey are on top od d world oba opologies ti

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Ralphlauren(m): 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Oba Akinolu may not be right on this but the attitude of our Igbo brothers and sisters could frustrate one.

Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.

Oba Akinolu is their match and that is why the situation seems difficult now.

A gentle king could be disobeyed easily but did they say anything at the palace? No. They dare not.

It was after leaving the palace that chest beating, ultimatum , etc started surfacing.

Who then is the cowards? Ta lo fe gbenan woju ekun lai f'eje we ( who wants to put light at the face of a tiger without being bathed with blood)

Remember, 'He who makes peaceful resolution difficult , has made violence inevitable.'

God bless you for this.

All their 'red cap' chiefs sat down like mumu while My Kabiyesi was speaking and they could'nt say one word. Instead, they were clapping grin grin

Why didnt they protest at the palace grounds na? Awon oloshi.

Oba Akiolu. May your days be long Sir.

Im expecting you to read another riot act to them next week as soon as Ambode is declared the winner wink

Ibos have taken the piss for too long and the custodian of Lagos is finally putting them in their place. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by tochstorm(m): 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Oba Akinolu may not be right on this but the attitude of our Igbo brothers and sisters could frustrate one.

Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.

A gentle king could be disobeyed easily but did they say anything at the palace? No. They dare not.

It was after leaving the palace that chest beating, ultimatum , etc started surfacing.

Who then is the cowards? Ta lo fe gbenan woju ekun lai f'eje we ( who wants to put light at the face of a tiger without being bathed with blood)

Remember, 'He who makes peaceful resolution difficult , has made violence inevitable.'
1 i read it with my glasses
2 i read it with-out my glasses.
3 i thought inside the box.
4 i thought out-side the box.
and i didn't get what you just wrote. hmmmm.
some comments can make a genius dull. now am thinking with my head inside the water so that my ic no go burn sai! kowa!!!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Toks2008(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
[size=14pt][b]Even a toddler knows that Lagos will thrive when if they align with the federal power and this is the annoyance of many Yorubas.Lagosians as well as the OBA of Lagos.

The Igbos should understand that this is not their land and should just pursue their interest which is co-existence but they have so much conspicuously made their dislike for APC known which is not a good one.

That is why we are urging them to vote for APC regardless of what the Oba said.

APC is Juxtaposition-ed with Lagos and every igbo should know that APC needs to be in charge of Lagos at this point in time so that we the real Lagosians,the Yorubas and ofcourse the Igbos can have a better governance howbeit it is now that these igbos that are presumed to be visitors in Lagos going against the wish of Lagosians.

For your Info, APC is a pan Yoruba party founded by Tinubu and it is only natural for the Igbos to support APC so that at least they can foster their coexistence with lagosians and the power that be,SIMPLE LOGIC[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by hotgunz(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

when was voting became a crime? U hv the right to vote whom eva u wan or s jimi abaje an ibo man?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Inane rants,Tis yorubas like you that will put peace loving yorubas especially those based in east in danger...if you want yoruba youth corpers posted in igboland to serve in peace and go home to their folks, it is best you toe Falana's line,preach peace and the Constitution.
Ranting as usual cool

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Balkan(m): 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Well, my family and
I will today vote for JK
Lets teach this Oba that
Igbos dont have regards for people
Or person that does not feed them

Also to prove to Oba that he is just one
Individual. We dont worship Obas, we dont worship Ezes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by onyebuchiokafor: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
I think he should really apologise,,because I do not want anything to hinder this election...

Well the igbo's should see this as the OBA's pride and ignore him,, lets just vote right this time..

AMBODE for LAGOS 2015,,, APC[CHANGE]
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by titanic1(f): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
scantee:
sorry i understand how hurt you are now, bt ur oba must (MUST) apologize to Igbos. & he must pleaded to them to accept it else...
else what mr will u dethrone him u dis ppl self na original bastard
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2015

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by ikombe: 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=astana1 post=32450129][/quote]

guess you are just anoda prick. I cant even open my mouth to say onitsha is owned by igbos. Becos the rate at which hausa people do bizness dere is quite much for me to assume onitsha is owned by the igbos.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
richgang:
I'm not a Yoruba person, but we all have freedom of speech, during the presidential election campaign, you know how many people insult Johnathan, did he ask any1 to apologies, abeg eeee, freedom of speech is allowed, na him get him mouth

Yes that's exactly why you are stupid fool,..is simply a war speech okay
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by hensben(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Inane rants,Tis yorubas like you that will put peace loving yorubas especially those based in east in danger...if you want yoruba youth corpers posted in igboland to serve in peace and go home to their folks, it is best you toe Falana's line,preach peace and the Constitution.
The problem with you guys is that you know how to emphasize on issues to cause out burst but when the killing starts and your people are been use to count scores you start crying victim.. Remember Biafra you guys still whine till date as a result of that.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by dhanniel2(m): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
You are a big fool
kasiem:
I think say yorubas no dey fear igbo. Mehn, is it our fault that we are colonising lagos? The oyibos once colonised the whole of Africa yet Africans didn't challenge them the way yorubas are challenging us now
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by astana1: 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
LAGOS- BELONGS TO THE YOURBA'S

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Fairgodwin(m): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
ooshinibos:

apology will bring reconciliation and re-assurance, it is simple ...

and will that change his intentions and mindset towards the Igbos in Lagos? Will it take back the words and the damage?
There are people you don't expect things like this from. The Oba ought to know his importance and place in the society - he's a father to all, irrespective of tribes and political inclinations.
This is one thing the Oba of Benin would never do, and certainly the one place you can never find him.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by deletrue: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Fairgodwin:
What will the apology do or cure? The deed has been done and the damage has already been done, and the fact that he let it drag on for this long would render the apology [almost] useless and meaningless when it is eventually tendered (that is if he would even apologise).
Meanwhile, let's forget all these and move on from here. The Igbos have already decided!! #swimming things activated#, #oya let's go there.
Use the lagoon to prepare for the next olympics; time to defeat Michael Phelps.
That is time wasting. Is this the first time the Yorubas are tormenting the Igbos? Have we forgoting the droping of the destitudes close to the bridge. What about the arranged killing of the Ibo students. Apart from all that, was this Oba drunk? Are we saying at this his old age, he does not know his left from his right? He knows what he is doing. These are the class of people who initiated, arranged the plotting of the betrayal of GEJ. They, including his likes, I mean people like Obasanjos knows that their time is near and would want Nigeria turned downward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Bonuwa: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
DIS MAN NO REACH 2 B OBA. Is a stupid idiot he should go to hell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Aegon(m): 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Your bias is stinking to high heavens. What violence are you talking about? Was there a conflict to be resolved? I don't get your logic. Don't people have a right to openly support a candidate of their choice? Is the said candidate not a full blodded Yoruba Lagos son of the soil? IGBOS WANT TO VOTE FOR A YORUBA MAN AND IT'S CAUSING TROUBLE FOR THEM. I tire for this Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Toks2008(m): 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
scantee:

[size=40pt]
GET THIS STRAIGHT INTO YOUR CEREBELLUM, OBA IN YORUBA LAND DOES NOT APOLOGIZE EVEN IF HE MADE A MISTAKE.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

'What do you mean by, can you explain 'Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.'

Another question I have is.......which region of Nigeria generated most of the wealth that's been used to service the Nation Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by ajadematanle: 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dear Lagosian,
Yoruba,s are very decent and reasonable people. No tribe will entertain on their land what is going on in Lagos.
We all condemn the statement of OBA AKIOLU. But let ask ourselves one important question, WHY IS OBA AKIOLU ANGRY WITH IGBOS?
My answers are:
1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.
2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH
3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.
4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM
5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO
MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,
1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?
2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?
4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?
5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?
My conclusion: We have been living together as brothers for years in peace. You must respect our tradition and institutions.Ifeanyi Ubah should stop jumping around Lagos beating drums of war.
GOD BLESS YORUBA AND IGBO

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Toks2008:

[size=40pt]
GET THIS STRAIGHT INTO YOUR CEREBELLUM, OBA IN YORUBA LAND DOES NOT APOLOGIZE EVEN IF HE MADE A MISTAKE.

[/size]

Dumb heads will continue to be there then..........Pride to a fault. lol! lol!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Sunymoore(m): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
pastorKosiso:
I support....The hatred didn't start today, still God continues to show himself so strong.... Where can you not find the Igbo man? Name one country! The igbo man fits in every environment he finds himself and they are peaceful... So why the hate? We can never apologize for being Igbo's...we didn't make ourselves God made us...Igbo kwenu? Dalu oooo...
Honestly bro, I have no problem with Ndi Igbo people, because we have few at our 'area' and they are all hardworking and peaceful. But the problem is that some of your people like any other people are too proud and see other tribes as enemies, this alone can breed out a world of hatred

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Effects Of Brexit Results On The African Largest Economies / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / Jimi Agbaje And Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.