Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana (48572 Views)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / Police Vow To Arrest Saraki ‘without Delay’ / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

You are one bawo grin grin

Abi o fa Gbo ni undecided

It's an insult to the South South indigenes to attach yourselves to them.

Stop laying claim to their oil the same way you are now claiming rights in lagos

Awon olojukokoro grin

No matter how had you try we cannot be separated. Hit you head for wall. lol lol!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
stagger:

You are an e-diot. Who has ever threatened the Yorubas who have been driving taxis in PH since the 80s, even when they transferred their useless Lagos driving culture to the place? Has any traditional ruler in rivers state risen up to tell them the kind of rubbish oba akiolu was spewing from his mouth? Nonsense. Nobody has the monopoly of violence.

Exactly
In Onitsha all the goat sellers are either Yoruba or Hausa and they are there doing their goat business
We haven't asked them to carry their goats and leave grin
Or threatened them to vote a particular way

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Anny45: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Where is Governor Amaech that reported Dame Patience to ICC? Is Oba's statement not worth reporting? You see that we are never sincere with ourselves in this country! If Oba's threat isn't taken seriously and adequate sanction given,then nobody should ever report anyone irrespective of his/her party affliation.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by veraponpo(m): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mitsurugi:

I don't get something here... would you have REALLY preferred the ibo leaders started insulting the Oba in his palace to show bravado? I don't understand.

It wasn't possible. That is what shows your elders and nairaland's e-rats that there are owners of Lagos.

When next your fathers tell you that Lagos is no man's land please play the tape for them again.

I am happy there are audio and video tapes for his speech.

You don't insult your host anywhere you go. Simple courtesy.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
stagger:

You are an e-diot. Who has ever threatened the Yorubas who have been driving taxis in PH since the 80s, even when they transferred their useless Lagos driving culture to the place? Has any traditional ruler in rivers state risen up to tell them the kind of rubbish oba akiolu was spewing from his mouth? Nonsense. Nobody has the monopoly of violence.

In Onitsha all the goat sellers are either Yoruba or Hausa and they are there doing their goat business

babyosisi:

.....Na true talk una dey talk
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by xtervaganza(m): 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Zuria:
Who were those clapping in the video? cool cool

the igbos
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Anny45:
Where is Governor Amaech that reported Dame Patience to ICC? Is Oba's statement not worth reporting? You see that we are never sincere with ourselves in this country! If Oba's threat isn't taken seriously and adequate sanction given,then nobody should ever report anyone irrespective of his/her party affliation.

I beg make them report am to any where. Which kind Oba be that when no dey respect him sef.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by veraponpo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
otigbagba:
...u are a clown..u lazy chap.u helped...let me tell u ibos are self reliant nd does not need ur fuckin help . nonsense bunch

Self reliant my foot.

The only tribe that can stand alone in Nigeria of today is Yoruba that has virtually everything needed for growth and development:

Land for agriculture, oil and gas, bitumen, gold, brains, economy, population, ocean, lagoon, industries, etc

Be sending your brothers on journeys of no return.

I laugh in Swahili.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
Zuria:

the igbos
xtervaganza:
the igbos
Zuria:

He reach to clap for the Oba well well, hope say them laugh am join......Haba which kind king be that when dey talk like tout
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Ralphlauren(m): 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:

You don't even know where am from Olodo.....

Mgbeke, You are from the erosion ravaged land.

Daz all grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Mgbeke, You are from the erosion ravaged land.

Daz all grin

I sorry for u.....lol! lol! see your teeth
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by conyema12(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Oba Akinolu may not be right on this but the attitude of our Igbo brothers and sisters could frustrate one.

Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.

Oba Akinolu is their match and that is why the situation seems difficult now.

A gentle king could be disobeyed easily but did they say anything at the palace? No. They dare not.

It was after leaving the palace that chest beating, ultimatum , etc started surfacing.

Who then is the cowards? Ta lo fe gbenan woju ekun lai f'eje we ( who wants to put light at the face of a tiger without being bathed with blood)

Remember, 'He who makes peaceful resolution difficult , has made violence inevitable.'

Mpa gi there
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by xtervaganza(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Funny how after the Oba ga e his speech the yeebos applauded him

Now that the cowards have left the palace dem begin their chest beating noise again

Lol

The Oba shouldn't have made such statement though. It's very very wrong in my opinion
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by BankManager(m): 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
One thing the Oba's hate speech confirms
is the already known norm of imposition &
godfatherism in Lagos since 1999...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by whitecat1: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
Baby factory product, Is it because you don't have a father?

No ibo man can do DNA cos, we all know how babies are made in the East.

kayalla:

na ur father will to hell plus everything that comes from his loins.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by kayalla(f): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

God bless you for this.

All their 'red cap' chiefs sat down like mumu while My Kabiyesi was speaking and they could'nt say one word. Instead, they were clapping grin grin

Why didnt they protest at the palace grounds na? Awon oloshi.

Oba Akiolu. May your days be long Sir.

Im expecting you to read another riot act to them next week as soon as Ambode is declared the winner wink

Ibos have taken the piss for too long and the custodian of Lagos has finally putting them in their place. grin

ur foolishness has no bound. u should know that igbos re not violent people that is why they can survive anywhere in the world. imagine wat the outcome would have been if the igbo elders has reacted right there at the palace am sure ur brianless kabiyesi would have been six feet as this moment.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Zuria(f): 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:
Zuria:

the igbos

Zuria:

He reach to clap for the Oba well well, hope say them laugh am join......Haba which kind king be that when dey talk like tout

I had to ask...I know Igbos ain't cowards...who were those clapping? grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by veraponpo(m): 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
skykenny:

Mumu! All Yorubas are cowards and noìse makers. We are strangers in Lagos but we control Lagos and there's nothing the idiot Oba Akiolu can do about this. How dare he threaten the igbos because he's envious of the prosperity God gave to them? Whether he apologises or not, Igbos have decided and we are waiting the bastard he called himself.

How do you control Lagos?

This is part of your problems.

Your elders did not train you how to talk in a strange land.
Is it through road side selling at Ojota and Oshodi? For every one thing you do in Lagos, our people do two.

You have to learn a lot and I pray this wont be the last chance.

Jonathan was warned last year by Obasanjo but he did not listen.

You have embarked on such journey too.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
xtervaganza:
a king needs flogging?

Ara lo ma pa e danu

Yes now king when no respect himself needs to be flogged for sure! is that simple.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by sunnydayasaba(m): 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have always voted the so-called yoruba party ever since i became eligible to vote since i reside in Lagos.

But sorry Ambode, though i love ur campaign jiggles, But the SO-CALLED OBA that has diarrhea of d mouth just made u lose my vote.

As for me and my family, Our votes goes to PDP.

JK ni joor
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by NobleG1(m): 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
His st*upid remorseless apology won't be accepted. That i*diot is a thug.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Infact Yoruba babalawos and herbalists have taken business from our local dibias
Advertising in local tv ,I saw it with my two eyes
No Igbo babalawo is intimidated by it
If your own juju is stronger you get the clients
It's a competition out there
Redeemed church,a Yoruba dominated and originated church, has spread all over Igboland even to the villages
If they take worshipers from others,so be it
Let the better man win
If Igbos can think this way why can't they!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Zuria:

I had to ask...I know Igbos ain't cowards...who were those clapping? grin

KIngs are not supposed to be clapped for like primary school pikin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by mpowa(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:

No matter how had you try we cannot be separated. Hit you head for wall. lol lol!

Why would you be separated? is that not your style? To claim other's properties, assuming they don't have anything now, you won't be one. In fact if those one are not careful, you soon claim their oil totally to yourselves.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by andyanders: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
The Oba is a disgrace to humanity. The throne his ancestors left behind, has been abused by a tout.

Oba will not see the swearing in date,come May,29th.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by veraponpo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
tochstorm:
1 i read it with my glasses
2 i read it with-out my glasses.
3 i thought inside the box.
4 i thought out-side the box.
and i didn't get what you just wrote. hmmmm.
some comments can make a genius dull. now am thinking with my head inside the water so that my ic no go burn sai! kowa!!!

More than 15 quotes for what you could not decipher both for and against, yet you didn't understand. You are, without controversy, a dullard.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by kayalla(f): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=14pt][b]Even a toddler knows that Lagos will thrive when if they align with the federal power and this is the annoyance of many Yorubas.Lagosians as well as the OBA of Lagos.

The Igbos should understand that this is not their land and should just pursue their interest which is co-existence but they have so much conspicuously made their dislike for APC known which is not a good one.

That is why we are urging them to vote for APC regardless of what the Oba said.

APC is Juxtaposition-ed with Lagos and every igbo should know that APC needs to be in charge of Lagos at this point in time so that we the real Lagosians,the Yorubas and ofcourse the Igbos can have a better governance howbeit it is now that these igbos that are presumed to be visitors in Lagos going against the wish of Lagosians.

For your Info, APC is a pan Yoruba party founded by Tinubu and it is only natural for the Igbos to support APC so that at least they can foster their coexistence with lagosians and the power that be,SIMPLE LOGIC[/b][/size]

no vex make i ask u>
wat happened to the freedom of everything that democracy is associated with? do Nigerians no longer have the right to choose who the want to vote and why the igbo's?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Godbest(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. Thereis so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. Youmight need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to noteis that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we moveinto a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deservethis provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after thecivil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano isa no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice andtaking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBOMY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NOMAN,S LAND?5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness ofour people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and willrespect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign toreorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by sarris(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
PenSniper:

Agbaje or Ambode makes no difference so neither will tolerate traitors. You claimed to have armed yourselves and marked choice targets, whatever that means. You will soon learn that words are sacred. Be ready. It will only come to kill and be killed and if it comes to that be assured that no single igbo man or woman, young or old would leave Lagos and SW alive. You can neither go by air nor sea and the land route is long, tortuous and unfriendly. Colateral damage would be much for sure. When the burble bursts, the constitution becomes mear paper.
Arant rubbish.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Illiterate smh
whitecat1:
Oba will do no such thing!

Oba must not apologize! Ibos can go to hell!!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by kayalla(f): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
adesegun121:

to hell with u ...
na only with hell. i ain't going with u.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Toks2008:
[size=14pt][b]Even a toddler knows that Lagos will thrive when if they align with the federal power and this is the annoyance of many Yorubas.Lagosians as well as the OBA of Lagos.

The Igbos should understand that this is not their land and should just pursue their interest which is co-existence but they have so much conspicuously made their dislike for APC known which is not a good one.

That is why we are urging them to vote for APC regardless of what the Oba said.

APC is Juxtaposition-ed with Lagos and every igbo should know that APC needs to be in charge of Lagos at this point in time so that we the real Lagosians,the Yorubas and ofcourse the Igbos can have a better governance howbeit it is now that these igbos that are presumed to be visitors in Lagos going against the wish of Lagosians.

For your Info, APC is a pan Yoruba party founded by Tinubu and it is only natural for the Igbos to support APC so that at least they can foster their coexistence with lagosians and the power that be,SIMPLE LOGIC[/b][/size]

Ever heard of democracy and freedom of association
Eurobomber the resident peace maker won't see this eediocy

so in fact you recognize that Igbos have political relevance in Lagos?
I thought you folks said they didn't
I have read it a million times here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / Goodluck Jonathan Carrying His Grandchild (Photo) / 2019: Why I Am Now Supporting Atiku – IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.