Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana (48567 Views)

Fayose Should Apologise Over China Letter - Ekiti Youths / Police Vow To Arrest Saraki ‘without Delay’ / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by specco(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
O! How the Igbos missed the great, amiable and wise Oba Adeyinka Oyekan who took everyone as his own. A great friend to the Igbos and other ethnic nationalities resident in lagos. He'll be turning in his grave now as he sees how the present occupant of the revered throne is misbehaving because of filthy lucre. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by AJORE(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Are U sure of this property matter? 20million margin......not true even even mumu self w go for 100million

The hate for the Igbos, (ofcourse, anyone from the SS/SE is considered Igbo), is unconnected to the fact that Igbos parade such modern cities as Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, and by their mass limited knowledge of the SS/SE, Uyo, Port-Harcourt, Calabar, Eket, Brass, Benin and Yenogua, yet they consider that after owning these towns, Igbos still come and invade Lagos, buying over the pricest real estates and erecting massive estates and 'enjoying'. I have witnessed a case at Lekki Phase 1, where a Yoruba man refused to sell a plot of Land for a friend for 100 million Naira because he is Igbo but sold to another for just 80 million because he is a fellow Yoruba man. That is how foolish tribalism has made us.
Unless if a relation interested in d property.........find out he/she probably sold it to relation.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by smsdigito: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Oba Akinolu may not be right on this but the attitude of our Igbo brothers and sisters could frustrate one.

Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.

Oba Akinolu is their match and that is why the situation seems difficult now.

A gentle king could be disobeyed easily but did they say anything at the palace? No. They dare not.

It was after leaving the palace that chest beating, ultimatum , etc started surfacing.

Who then is the cowards? Ta lo fe gbenan woju ekun lai f'eje we ( who wants to put light at the face of a tiger without being bathed with blood)

Remember, 'He who makes peaceful resolution difficult , has made violence inevitable.'
What is this one talking? Am not an Ibo man tho, but let me explain to you that the constitution which is the most supreme law in the country has it that as a Nigerian you can live , build, vote & be voted for and so on in any part of Nigeria without discrimination.
DO you know that dat oba can be dragged to court for all those his rantings?
U better show that you went to school.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by mpowa(m): 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:

lol! men you know history?? Lagos used to be a federal capital and most of the money used to develop it was from federal government not Awo and co money like you think. You forget most of the money used to develop Nigeria comes from Ibo region.....Oil money! lol! Tolerance , respect and appreciation of all tribes is what we need. No bi all this Ajasco talks when no grab anything.

When you see good things you like to claim it, who doesn't? Before Lagos became the capital that it became, it had been a center of excellence, Awolowo and co controlling the western region built the city, the tallest building then, Cocoa house, jankande built low cost estates, 1st television station, free education and health care were all made possible with Cocoa money not your nonsense oil money. Even some of your fathers enjoyed Awolowo's free education, go ask them.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
cheesy Ranting of a defeated soul
whitecat1:
ibos are hell bound!

From generation to generation, ibos must rot in hell!!

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by adconline(m): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

Oba Akinolu may not be right on this but the attitude of our Igbo brothers and sisters could frustrate one.

Having helped them more than what their region has done for them, instead of being grateful; their actions seem to be undermining the essence of our existence through their incendiary statements. Calling their hosts cowards- what do you want after that-fight to show we are not cowards.

A gentle king could be disobeyed easily but did they say anything at the palace? No. They dare not.

It was after leaving the palace that chest beating, ultimatum , etc started surfacing.

Who then is the cowards? Ta lo fe gbenan woju ekun lai f'eje we ( who wants to put light at the face of a tiger without being bathed with blood)

Remember, 'He who makes peaceful resolution difficult , has made violence inevitable.'
Your stupidity has no bounds! So voting for a Yoruba son is provocation? It clearly shows that the hatred for the Igbos!
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by sunsewa: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
pls my igbo pple,enough of d bashing and insults of the oba,especially our yoruba pple whom are innocent from oba ill talk,don'nt generalize it,even the oba, let cause of nature judge him,stop d insults,to avoid killing the momentum JK has gotten through dis political murder of ambode,Jk yoruba vote + non indigienes votes = u know d result,so answer oba with ur vote,as for me and my family and neighbours,we decided JK is ok,wt our pvc yesterday,our aparty has turn to enthusism.stop oba/yoruba insults,tri

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Mitsurugi(m): 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
aderonila18:

Listen to the audio of the response of the Igbo leaders to Oba and you will know that sounds like friends joking around . This is after Obas comments, obvious this is some sort if swearing between leaders who had a pacts one of the Igbo leaders was even saying, you know I'm a man of my word and they they swore allegiance to Oba

https://m.soundcloud.com/chxta-bee/eze-ndi-igbo-response-mp3

I don't need to hear that, look I believe this is something the PDP is seriously spinning out of context to swing Ibo and non-indigene votes against the APC. I am Ibo and proud of it, I have and love my Yoruba friends, but I don't think the Oba can be that tactless. I'm still voting CHANGE! grin
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by silvernus0: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
ITS WORDS LIKE HIS THAT DRAW UP VIOLENCE AND THREAT TO BREAK UP UNITED NIGERIA. Y MY OBA?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Apology is not enough, I suggest he should go for 21 days community service in my village, then on his way back to Lagos he will stop at onisha head-bridge and offer 21 fat cows to appease River Niger before he cross over to avoid ugly story,yes.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by kayalla(f): 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Oba will do no such thing!

Oba must not apologize! Ibos can go to hell!!

na ur father will to hell plus everything that comes from his loins.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by queenetteada: 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tattooboy:
He might not apologize as he's indirectly supportin Jimi Agbaje.

Nice 1, that's the point people don't know
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Kingharzyz(m): 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

We own you no gratitude; we prefer to be in our own country! There is nothing to be grateful to share a country with pathetic, envious, backstabbing lowlifes such as you!

Who is stopping you from creating your own country. You better start already

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by adesegun121(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Femi you are a bastard...

Omo Ale jati Jati...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Ralphlauren(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:

lol! men you know history?? Lagos used to be a federal capital and most of the money used to develop it was from federal government not Awo and co money like you think. You forget most of the money used to develop Nigeria comes from Ibo region.....Oil money! lol! Tolerance , respect and appreciation of all tribes is what we need. No bi all this Ajasco talks when no grab anything.

When did naija delta become part of the "Ibo region"? Olodo.

Which Ibo state produces oil?

Very soon you will claim that the South South is also nomansland.

Do you ever hear any South South indigene support or join you lot in your biafra nonsense?

Your tribe is so fond of attaching itself to other tribes. You lot should have some pride and dignity. Awon oloshi. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by loloabbey: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
If Akiolu can saying these when ndi gbo paying visit to him, I wonder what he could have done, if he is in shoe of jega when orubere is displaying his acting
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Toks2008:

No no bro its no pride but the culture of OBA

He can call some delegates and ask them to vote APC not minding his outburst that APOLOGY as in im sorry will never happen. call it pride but thats the way it is.

Na all this things no dey make our economy develop. Our society is so full of them. Control freaks who don't allow people be themselves ., its not just now been this way even before Oyibo man come Africa the reason we no develop fast. What has Oba got to do with Politics......even if he should have a say not this way. He doesn't know if anything adverse happens he will not seat peacefully in his throne that is if his throne remains. Leaders should weigh their words carefully before making utterances........Its difficult to swallow back words ones it comes out. King should be men of discrete behaviour, that's what any tout out there can say......but not for a king. The truth is if Agbaje should win, nothing will happen and it will just be one empty threat which is not defeating for a king
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by adesegun121(m): 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
kayalla:

na ur father will to hell plus everything that comes from his loins.

to hell with u ...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by internetpirate: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please, explain the word "help"? And in context, how did the Yoruba help Igbos? It's important you clarify this, for posterity's sake!

veraponpo:

It takes two to tango.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by veraponpo(m): 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
PointB:

We own you no gratitude; we prefer to be in our own country! There is nothing to be grateful to share a country with pathetic, envious, backstabbing lowlifes such as you!

That is why we owe you no pity whenever you are treated as poo any time from the North to the West even among Ijaw.

People run from you; you are the ones crawling to other peoples enclave.

You kings will still go to the Oba for another meeting very soon. S.l.a.v.e.s

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

When did naija delta become part of the "Ibo region"? Olodo.

Which Ibo state produces oil?

Very soon you will claim that the South South is also nomansland.

Do you ever hear any South South indigene support or join you lot in your biafra nonsense?

Your tribe is so fond of attaching itself to other tribes. You lot should have some pride and dignity. Awon oloshi. grin

You are the one that is Olodo. We are one.....and you are in for a big surprise. Just bc one group was ready for a war when others were not does not make them different people. Yam Head!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Achilies(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
fabregas04:
in his case, the Oba singled out a certain tribe, threathened them to their face wt all seriouness in him, his words were harsh, that's totally unacceptable, we Yorubas re not known 4 such habit, u need to watch d video or even listen to d audio version. He shld withdraw his statement ASAP.

You have my respect till eternity
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by relagze: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Atlantian:
If the Ibos vacate Lagos, the state will instantly become like Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Okokomaiko, Oshobo, Itire, Ado Ekiti and other Yoruba towns with their signature old school design, this is bitter truth.

The hate for the Igbos, (ofcourse, anyone from the SS/SE is considered Igbo), is unconnected to the fact that Igbos parade such modern cities as Enugu, Owerri, Onitsha, Aba, and by their mass limited knowledge of the SS/SE, Uyo, Port-Harcourt, Calabar, Eket, Brass, Benin and Yenogua, yet they consider that after owning these towns, Igbos still come and invade Lagos, buying over the pricest real estates and erecting massive estates and 'enjoying'. I have witnessed a case at Lekki Phase 1, where a Yoruba man refused to sell a plot of Land for a friend for 100 million Naira because he is Igbo but sold to another for just 80 million because he is a fellow Yoruba man. That is how foolish tribalism has made us.

Lest we forget, Lagos, was developed by the Federal Government, and is continually developed by the Investment of Igbos and other investors from other tribes including Yorubas who stop at nothing in real estate development and landscape designs. I do not think we the people generally referred to as Omo Igbo will EVER vacate Lagos due to threats. Our only reaction will be to draw more resources and buy more properties here and bring more of our brothers. We will vote for any candidate of our choice and we will remain a greater infuence in this NO-MAN'S LAND, until such a time the Federal Government will abrogate the State of Origin and State of Birth Dichotomy.

Infact, anyone who has lived in Lagos for 10years should have the right to contest election as Governor of Lagos State, as is done in other Democracies worldwide.

Oba Lil Wayne Akiolu or whatever is foolish name is, needs Education more than my President-elect.

When you make statements such as these, you are only breeding hatred and inciting violenece in people that accomodate you with open arms, you have successfully showed that your plan is not to cohabit peacefully but to actually annex their land. Yoruba can be accomodating they are not fools. why don't enjoy these amazing people's hospitality, why do you want to make your lives miserable? When it start you will eventually blame yourself in the end. If you guys are wise enough you should work hand in hand with the yorubas because in the end you will reap bountifully. You won't gain anything by being a rebel in another man's land.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by veraponpo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
cescky:

Stop spewing ignorance my friend...simply basic knowlwdwge of how. The world works will let you know that any region that has water cum seaport is prone to quick development, due to economic activities that take place in these areas..lagos has all the major ports of nigeria that's why its simply developed. If igbos can be united and get someone to build them a port in the east do you think lag will be this good? You probably don't know ,the answer is caiptal NO.

And guess which tribe runs the major ops in these ports? ...go and do ur home work boy.
Like you like your oba...its better to keep your mouth shut and be thought wise than open your gap and remove all doubt.

You are the ignorant one here.

Is Ondo, Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Delta, etc not surrounded by water. The same Atlantic Ocean passes Akwa Ibom, etc so why are you not there?

Lagos is just unique, just take it.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by adesegun121(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:

Na all this things no dey make our economy develop. Our society is so full of them. Control freaks who don't allow people be themselves ., its not just now been this way even before Oyibo man come Africa the reason we no develop fast. What has Oba got to do with Politics......even if he should have a say not this way. He doesn't know if anything adverse happens he will not seat peacefully in his throne that is if his throne remains. Leaders should weigh their words carefully before making utterances........Its difficult to swallow back words ones it comes out. King should be men of discrete behaviour, that's what any tout out there can say......but not for a king. The truth is if Agbaje should win, nothing will happen and it will just be one empty threat which is not defeating for a king

i pity u and ur entire family... Let wait and see...

Agbaje win oooo...
Ambode win ooo

All ibos in lag are in hot soup.. Mark my word..

Am so sure all the ibos ppl rantin here on nairaland.. Didnt hv single shop or properties here in lag..

So deir dont have anythin to lose...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
veraponpo:

That is why we owe you no pity whenever you are treated as poo any time from the North to the West even among Ijaw.

People run from you; you are the ones crawling to other peoples enclave.

You kings will still go to the Oba for another meeting very soon. S.l.a.v.e.s

You go burst with hatred o!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Ralphlauren(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chiaka:

You are the one that is Olodo. We are one.....and you are in for a big surprise. Just bc one group was ready for a war when others were not does not make them different people. Yam Head!

You are one bawo grin grin

Abi o fa Gbo ni undecided

It's an insult to the South South indigenes to attach yourselves to them.

Stop laying claim to their oil the same way you are now claiming rights in lagos

Awon olojukokoro grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by kayalla(f): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
titanic1:
and hell dey will go

foolish eediots, if ogbos re not important or infact his only source of hope for his candidate whey is he treating.
well he has no choice he will sure damm apologize or else...

abi na only him waka come?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
cescky:

Stop spewing ignorance my friend...simply basic knowlwdwge of how. The world works will let you know that any region that has water cum seaport is prone to quick development, due to economic activities that take place in these areas..lagos has all the major ports of nigeria that's why its simply developed. If igbos can be united and get someone to build them a port in the east do you think lag will be this good? You probably don't know ,the answer is caiptal NO.

And guess which tribe runs the major ops in these ports? ...go and do ur home work boy.
Like you like your oba...its better to keep your mouth shut and be thought wise than open your gap and remove all doubt.

veraponpo:

Is Ondo, Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Delta, etc not surrounded by water. The same Atlantic Ocean passes Akwa Ibom, etc so why are you not there?

Lagos is just unique, just take it.

.....You are both right..

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Chiaka(f): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

You are one bawo grin grin

Abi o fa Gbo ni undecided

It's an insult to the South South indigenes to attach yourselves to them.

Stop laying claim to their oil the same way you are now claiming rights in lagos

Awon olojukokoro grin

You don't even know where am from Olodo.....

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Ekiseme:
Nonsense Oba

the Gods replaced his brains with amala,omepezie onu na ako bullsh.it
Re: Oba Of Lagos Should Apologise To Igbo People ‘without Delay’ – Falana by xtervaganza(m): 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
This Oba messed up big time, he needs to b flogged wella wella grin

I will vote #JK

Hit like if u feel he needs public flogging

#SayNoToTribalism
#UnitedNigeria
a king needs flogging?

Ara lo ma pa e danu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Peter Obi Service (POS) On The Banner Of A POS Agent In Edo (Pictured) / Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President / Osinbajo Playing With Kid Who Fiddles With His Cap (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.