Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (18982 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes ooo. Origin meta and alomo meta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by belovedaja(m): 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
yes let it be replace it with state of resident.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by akokhia: 6:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
It is good but should not be relevance in any of our endeavour. Let it still remind us of where we re coming from so as to maintain socio-cultural events.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Op I agree with you. Tribalism is another major setback and challenge in this country, aside Religion.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ArodeTsolaye: 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
After this election, Nigerians should sit and talk if we really want to be in one Country and not living by some document written by one drunk Lugard and his prostitute who christened us Nigerians.

Let Nigerians decide for themselves. We can even hold a UN-supervised referendum with our Permanent voter's card and the good electoral system GEJ beqeathed to us.
Thumbprint 'No' if you wish to leave Nigeria, Thumbprint 'Yes' on the ballot if you want stay in Nigeria. The Scots did it, why can't we, what are we afraid of?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by omololu2020(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chinom:
This issue is already on the table of the National assembly. 'State of origin' will not be removed, but will now be the state in which one is born into and NOT where your ancestors originate from.

This will actually favour every Nigerian.

P:S Alhaji Maitama Sule, a core Norther was once the Mayor of Enugu. Yoruba's take note.
most of d pple alwas askin for dis place of birth and residence stuff are alwas ibos,why? Even if is in d National assembly it will neva b pass,cos Nigeria is not USA,Australia or canada..
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
God forbid bad thing, why should we abandon State of Origin? This agitation will make sure that all ibos are killed in all parts of Nigeria because they are the ones Championing this course of action.

My question to the ibos is what is really chasing you from Alaigbo, I went to Enugu for a Graduate Course for a year in Enugu and its really a nice place so I wonder why ibos can't develop their states.

The main aim of this agitation is to claim Lagos and it won't work because we Yorubas are too wise for that gimmick. The NASS will throw any bill to that effect out because it is filled with Hausa and Yoruba Parliamentarians. God forbid a situation where an Okechukwu will claim Ogun State,where will be his Father's Compound,Hometown etc

The Solution is for Aka Ikenga to hold an Extra Ordinary Summit to lay out plans for mass repatriation of Properties,Human and material resources to igbo land so it can develop.

This spat in Lagos is just the beginning, we yorubas will never cede an inch of Our Ancestral Land to ibos to claim its their Father's Land so no need of trying, we upcoming youths of Oodua are very alert to the gimmicks of the Biafrans to Annex our land, we would rather die in War than allow that to happen.

The idea of Scrapping State of Origin is Dead on Arrival!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
I absolutely agree,because it will help solve the issue of geo-political zone rubbish which is further dividing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Neddyned(m): 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
I'm n d motion o! It will hlp esp d education sector!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by SmooshCHN: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
januzaj:
Noooooo
It can never end tribalism
if you go north if muhammed no dey your name
if you go ss if ikechukwu no dey your name
if you go sw if adewale no dey your name
na d same result with state of origin
why did you mention My name? cheesy tongue leave Adewale alone o
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by NobleG1(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

You're 100% right. There is absolutely no need for State of Origin. You know bigots created it. Even Place of Birth is ONLY acceptable on International Passport but NOT on local forms!
The two above should be redacted from all local forms and replaced with Place of Resident.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by axponline: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
You can remove state of origin. Wont make a difference. Imagine a "Lamidi Adepoju" running for governor of Enugu state. How will that ever fly.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by AgentMS: 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Why are the promoters of this sinister and clandestine move for the removal of state of origin Ibos alone?

Why? Are they the only ones in Nigeria.

It is a DOA move.

Why can't an English man go to Scotland to contest?

Why can't a Welsh go to Ireland to contest?

They have ancestral linkage to their respective lands. Simple as ABC

Anybody that wants state of residence or place of birth should head to Canada, Australia or America, definitely not Europe Africa, Asia and South America.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by contactmorak: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Missy89:
NO.

State of Origin should stay.

akoko for akoko people cool
but I heard say Akoko ppl dey vex o. Na true?
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Bowaley17(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its not necessary. We should learn to be united,and not be tribalistic. Everyone of us needs to grow up.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by kometpuvo(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
THE STATE OF ORIGIN SHOULD BE REMOVED. THIS IS WAT HAS BROUGHT DIVISION AMONGST THE MANY TRIBES IN NIGERIA. IT HAS MADE BRILLIANT IDEAS AND IDEALS TO DIE. I SUPPORT ITS REMOVAL.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please oo, dey shud leave anything with 'orijin/origin' in it.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Balkan(m): 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
State of Origin is good.
but only in Lagos. State of Birth
should apply only in Lagos and Abuja because of their status
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tribal problems and bigotry are so rampant in Nigeria as xenophobia is with South African blacks that you would wish they find solution soon. What a bunch of primitive human beings who can not change from their barbaric ways! Jeez! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
[size=18pt]I think there needs to be a law against tribalism or tribal abuse same way Europe has a law against racism..... Thats what we need so everyone becomes conscious about how hurtful hate statements can be..... How can I go to England face racism and come home to face tribalism, makes no dam.n sense...[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kennedykak(f): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mization:

Yes Ma'am. I followed u cos of ur rich posts and most importantly cos u're from Akoko. Am proudly Ikare Akoko too.
Can you all see what this dude just did? We talking about abolishing some shitty acts and here's a promoter. Yorubas' should please stop splitting this country; first it was oba now its this man from akoko.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by januzaj(m): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
SmooshCHN:
why did you mention My name? cheesy tongue leave Adewale alone o
egbon.....e ma binu......****laughs****
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Joycomethnow: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
What happens to quota system? Have you forgotten that 'State of Origin' is used to distribute position equitably among the federated units(States) in Nigeria? according to the Federal Character Principle. Therefore, don't you think it may affect appointments into government positions and National institutions like the Military?...don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by neyur: 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Thanks

I applaude u jawe.....na you they think....
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by omarhlichanwa: 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dat was a nice suggestion,but if you are saying d state of origin be removed,u are equally saying every states be cramped as well.I fink the 37 states make up nigeria,like we also have different dialetes and ethnic group.to me,I see no descrimination in it,rather its a means of identification.
kolonigga:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by otemanuduno: 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Make I hear say I enter London peren!!
Omo, no be state of origin again o, na state of emergency I go remember.

State of origin ko, state of orijin ni grin
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by christopher123(m): 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alcatraz001:
God forbid bad thing, why should we abandon State of Origin? This agitation will make sure that all ibos are killed in all parts of Nigeria because they are the ones Championing this course of action.

My question to the ibos is what is really chasing you from Alaigbo, I went to Enugu for a Graduate Course for a year in Enugu and its really a nice place so I wonder why ibos can't develop their states.

The main aim of this agitation is to claim Lagos and it won't work because we Yorubas are too wise for that gimmick. The NASS will throw any bill to that effect out because it is filled with Hausa and Yoruba Parliamentarians. God forbid a situation where an Okechukwu will claim Ogun State,where will be his Father's Compound,Hometown etc

The Solution is for Aka Ikenga to hold an Extra Ordinary Summit to lay out plans for mass repatriation of Properties,Human and material resources to igbo land so it can develop.

This spat in Lagos is just the beginning, we yorubas will never cede an inch of Our Ancestral Land to ibos to claim its their Father's Land so no need of trying, we upcoming youths of Oodua are very alert to the gimmicks of the Biafrans to Annex our land, we would rather die in War than allow that to happen.

The idea of Scrapping State of Origin is Dead on Arrival!

In enugu did u see spirit hope enugu was deserted lol

We are here to take the economy simple

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ArodeTsolaye: 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:
Why are the promoters of this sinister and clandestine move for the removal of state of origin Ibos alone?

Why? Are they the only ones in Nigeria.

It is a DOA move.

Why can't an English man go to Scotland to contest?

Why can't a Welsh go to Ireland to contest?

They have ancestral linkage to their respective lands. Simple as ABC

Anybody that wants state of residence or place of birth should head to Canada, Australia or America, definitely not Europe Africa, Asia and South America.

Mr tantrums, stop pouring spit, I do not like you, you do not like me. Why pretend we are one. Come to the roundtable so we can discuss the dissolution of this country. If you are not courageous enough, then i have the right to call your Oba to order as i have equal rights with him as protected by the constitution. I also have the right to contest an election and win ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA.

Until you summon courage and champion a referendum for dissolution of Nigeria. You must be ready to take and smell my Igbo sh1t in your land! be it in Sabon gari or Oshogbo.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
The ibos who are the Major Proponents of this idea don't have the numbers and Political Capital to pull it off so its Dead onArrival!

We Yorubas will be the major victims and we won't allow it. Ibos jst dey waste their time. You ibos think we are aligning with the North for nothing?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by sbpumpin: 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
if cancel state of origin can u stop people from speaking their native languages.it is piontless

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by link2jude(m): 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Over population dey worry this entity called Nigeria, 170million people. Over population can sometimes be a major problem and a threat to peaceful coexistence, especially when the people are of different ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by azzima(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
I can bet my life , it is only IGBOS that will support this nonsense. Because they are wanderers who don't love their region. And you will then hear them beating their chests. What a shame!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Peter Obi Betrayed Ojukwu" - Bianca Ojukwu / Bala Mohammed: Amotekun’s Success Makes Restructuring Imperative / EFCC Grills Pauline Tallen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.