Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (18983 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by zimoni(f): 8:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
God forbid bad thing.

State of Origin has come to stay, so shall it be forever.

Some people need to be reminded of their origin.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by mindyourword: 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
This will not help issue. Please to those that have sufferred tribal insult in the past, do you show them any form already filled by you where your state of Origin was addressed before they wage tribal war against you? Absolutely in most time NO. It is as good as canceling ascent in your spoken English. In as much all these can stand. Cancellation of state of Origin, place of birth will not help the matter. My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ArodeTsolaye: 8:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Raypawer:

ikechukwu is se not ss... ss is Onome, Uduak, Ebimo, Bovi, Okon.. don't mix up!

Ikechukwu originally from PH and Delta is what? North-South?
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by MikelMerry(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
Are you not nigerian? You don't state to ur own.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Trunaijian: 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
It is a good idea. Nice one. So long we quest to be a country United as one, then the state of origin idea should be abolished. Place of birth, place of residence should do.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
this is a very self-serving suggestion that can only be of benefit to a particular ethnic group. It was brought up during the confab and a majority of the country rejected it even though i heard that the proposal made its way into one of the constitutional ammendment clauses. Anyways we havent yet reached that stage in our journey as a nation and it will be soundly rejected by our state houses of assembly
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by rexharysn(m): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
yeah, i think it should b taken out of our forms......
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kay17: 9:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Alcatraz001:
God forbid bad thing, why should we abandon State of Origin? This agitation will make sure that all ibos are killed in all parts of Nigeria because they are the ones Championing this course of action.

My question to the ibos is what is really chasing you from Alaigbo, I went to Enugu for a Graduate Course for a year in Enugu and its really a nice place so I wonder why ibos can't develop their states.

The main aim of this agitation is to claim Lagos and it won't work because we Yorubas are too wise for that gimmick. The NASS will throw any bill to that effect out because it is filled with Hausa and Yoruba Parliamentarians. God forbid a situation where an Okechukwu will claim Ogun State,where will be his Father's Compound,Hometown etc

The Solution is for Aka Ikenga to hold an Extra Ordinary Summit to lay out plans for mass repatriation of Properties,Human and material resources to igbo land so it can develop.

This spat in Lagos is just the beginning, we yorubas will never cede an inch of Our Ancestral Land to ibos to claim its their Father's Land so no need of trying, we upcoming youths of Oodua are very alert to the gimmicks of the Biafrans to Annex our land, we would rather die in War than allow that to happen.

The idea of Scrapping State of Origin is Dead on Arrival!

The Igbos wanted their country but you stopped them, remember?!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by peteofi(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmm... I quite agree with you. One of the dumbest things we did as a country was having Federal Character. I feel that is an insult to us as a nation. So yes, it will be nice to take that away from forms.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
NO! LET STATE OF ORIGIN STAY THERE.

LETS KNOW WHETHER IGBOS WILL REMEMBER ONCE IN A WHILE THEY ARE IGBOS.

IGBOS WHEN WILL OUR EYES OPEN? WHEN WILL WE LEARN?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN SO THAT WE WILL RELOCATE AND GO AND DEVELOP SOUTHEAST OUR LEGACY?

AM UNHAPPY EVERYDAY FOR MY FOLLOW IGBOS FOR ABANDONING SOUTHEAST WHERE GOD PLACED US AND WANTS US TO DEVELOP, FOR LANDS WHERE WE WILL BE ALWAYS INSULTED, ATTACKED AND KILLED

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME LETS DEVELOP OUR HOME LAND. BECAUSE WE WILL FOREVER BE STRANGERS ELSEWHERE.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I REFUSES TO SETTLE ANYWHERE OUTSIDE SOUTHEAST.

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME! LETS BUILD OUR INHERITANCE!!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:
Yes they should please . I have been waiting for this. The idea of state of origin causes tribal wars and is useless because most people haven't even visited their so called state of origin
especially Anambra people that perch all over the country looking for where to cause trouble.they will soon meet their ends

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Masterclass32: 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
I don't really think removing state of origin will change anything. Seeing a person's name tells u where that person is from and if u are the tribalistic type, your tribalism will still come to bear.

I think we should return to Regionalism. It made more sense and each region did their thing their own way, developing at their pace. And all these tribal clashes were minimal.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Masterclass32: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
ColinAdua:
NO! LET STATE OF ORIGIN STAY THERE.

LETS KNOW WHETHER IGBOS WILL REMEMBER ONCE IN A WHILE THEY ARE IGBOS.

IGBOS WHEN WILL OUR EYES OPEN? WHEN WILL WE LEARN?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN SO THAT WE WILL RELOCATE AND GO AND DEVELOP SOUTHEAST OUR LEGACY?

AM UNHAPPY EVERYDAY FOR MY FOLLOW IGBOS FOR ABANDONING SOUTHEAST WHERE GOD PLACED US AND WANTS US TO DEVELOP, FOR LANDS WHERE WE WILL BE ALWAYS INSULTED, ATTACKED AND KILLED

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME LETS DEVELOP OUR HOME LAND. BECAUSE WE WILL FOREVER BE STRANGERS ELSEWHERE.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY I REFUSES TO SETTLE ANYWHERE OUTSIDE SOUTHEAST.

IGBOS PLEASE COME HOME! LETS BUILD OUR INHERITANCE!!

That's the spirit, bro.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by fennels007(m): 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

I think it should be there. Because it contributes to narrowing down a citizen's dource .

What do you think of age restriction in recruitment?
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by coolebux(m): 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Don't worry, I'll go to Guinness company and ask them the state of Origin(dat drink 2much) grin grin

with that you'll forget this your logic.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Sunnidinho: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
The proposal should be thrown into the trash can because it will favour a particular people over others. Like 1 poster asked "did you show the people that tribally abused your lg of origin before they did" nigeria is a multi ethnic nation where people are strictly conscious of their ethnic group. There should be strict law set down for anyone who tribally abuse another person.this i believe will go along way to change our mentality. If uche claims kano then he is a fraudster meaning our names already show who we are.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Mbediogu(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Thanks

That will eliminate quota system, catchment area issue, tribalism, etc. Nigeria will become more united and thereafter become greater due to elimination of those vices and evils due to them such as tribalism, mediocrity, etc etc.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by isan(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
we knw people wey go support dis idea grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Adegbodolu1: 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
[size=18pt]OBA of Lagos will never allow this BS full stop.[/size]
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Adegbodolu1: 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kingspin:
When somebody brought the national confab that should restructure Nigeria people kicked against it even the so called wise people among us that was the moment i concluded that Nigerians is not ready. I have forgetting about one Nigeria. Untill i forsee a concrete and desire driven structure or workable alternatives to change Nigeria. Only fair and collective agreement will make Nigeria Work.

The people who rejected the idea are wise men. Imagine the chaos and the eventual bloodshed this could cause. False claims would litter the whole place. And Nigerians know the particular tribe pushing this agenda, it will never work. Some will lose or become a victim and others would be marauding beneficiaries. Need not say more.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kennedykak(f): 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mization:

Madam, as u can see, my post was directed to someone, you should not judge me by reading just a post from me miss, Be guided.
Noted
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Adeyinka12(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ase buruku,omo ale lo n fowo osi juwe ile bab e. i'm yoruba i say no to this post. even, if you go to the white countries they will know where you come from and everything about you. In a nutshell i say ''no to this post''
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kingspin(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

The people who rejected the idea are wise men. Imagine the chaos and the eventual bloodshed this could cause. False claims would litter the whole place. And Nigerians know the particular tribe pushing this agenda, it will never work. Some will lose or become a victim and others would be marauding beneficiaries. Need not say more.
Do u think that the confab implementation will take off soon. Pls leave crude oil out of this. One of the recommedation is that the Federal govt shall set aside funds yearly to development any natural resouces found in any state aside oil and gas. It can take 10years to rise the potential of such state. For eg. If u have cocoa as a state resource the FG will help grew and develop it at full capacity. Is that a bad idea for ur state to develop it potentials. One Nigeria will become real when ever we all collectivly and fairly agree to make it work..
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Pamcrest(f): 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Op I agree with u. We are Nigerians and that is enough identification. We shd remove that appellation... And d useless federal character proviso too. Will this also put paid to d clamour for state creation? cheesy
My humble submission .
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by emorse(m): 12:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Sloan:
BS! Removing anything will not improve unity any more than it has while it was not removed. Why can't people live in their states or regions, or is until you go to Lagos or Yorubaland, Rivers or SS-Land or Kano, North before Nigeria can be united? This is really stoopid logic! If everyone runs away from their hamlet to only one part of the country or 2 / 3 parts of the country, how will that unite or make the country stronger? This is the kind of lies being peddled around by people who want a "legal" backing to claim ownership of land that their fathers have no part in!....

I don't agree with you bro. Ownership of what land are we talking about? Are you aware that almost every tribe in this country has at least a small community in each state of this country? If everyone has to go back to his own "state of origin", it would amount to a useless reshuffle. The population would remain almost the same and the country would be as disunited as can be. Your kinsmen that have settled productively elsewhere would have to go back "home" and start rebuilding.

On the other hand, abolishing the state of origin would ensure that every Nigerian has equal opportunities irrespective of where he is from. The Yoruba man can bid for a contract in the Niger delta and be considered fairly. The Hausa man can live peacefully in Aba and contribute in his own little way to the development of his "state of residence" knowing fully well that there is an Ijaw man somewhere in the north doing the same. In the long run, children would be born with emotional attachments only to Nigeria as a country instead of any state or region. Names would not even matter anymore because inter tribal marriages - which I presume would be more common by then - would have united everyone by blood. Tribal conflicts would be dead and gone.

PS- All these would not happen in just one year or even a couple of years. Generations may pass. But it would be a long standing legacy for generations to come.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by emorse(m): 12:20am On Apr 08, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
What about our names? Can't they still identify us by that?

Over time, names would not indicate anything other than the fact that we are Nigerians. Inter tribal marriages would have melted that. Take Yemi Alade for example. She is half Yoruba and half Igbo and accepted by both tribes. Ojo - Madueke is another example.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uncjay(m): 12:59am On Apr 08, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Nigeria is a dead country. Whats the point?
And u are alive in the dead con3....u should have died first na? Mumu!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by rectitude(m): 1:01am On Apr 08, 2015
I completely agree with you. State of origin does has only divided us. We need to change the system of things.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kazrem(m): 3:26am On Apr 08, 2015
kolonigga:

Thanks

Without having second thought, I agree.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Scatterboss(m): 4:54am On Apr 08, 2015
I disagree. It should stay abeggy. Lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by ibedun: 5:25am On Apr 08, 2015
emorse:

I don't agree with you bro. Ownership of what land are we talking about? Are you aware that almost every tribe in this country has at least a small community in each state of this country? If everyone has to go back to his own "state of origin", it would amount to a useless reshuffle. The population would remain almost the same and the country would be as disunited as can be. Your kinsmen that have settled productively elsewhere would have to go back "home" and start rebuilding.

On the other hand, abolishing the state of origin would ensure that every Nigerian has equal opportunities irrespective of where he is from. The Yoruba man can bid for a contract in the Niger delta and be considered fairly. The Hausa man can live peacefully in Aba and contribute in his own little way to the development of his "state of residence" knowing fully well that there is an Ijaw man somewhere in the north doing the same. In the long run, children would be born with emotional attachments only to Nigeria as a country instead of any state or region. Names would not even matter anymore because inter tribal marriages - which I presume would be more common by then - would have united everyone by blood. Tribal conflicts would be dead and gone.

PS- All these would not happen in just one year or even a couple of years. Generations may pass. But it would be a long standing legacy for generations to come.

Igbo agenda dead on arrival. The only solution is for Igbos to develop their land.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 08, 2015
This is the best move and the only way to live past the monster of tribalism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SSANU Joins NLC Strike - Vanguard News / Makarfi Inaugurates PDP NEC After Meeting With Wike, Okowa, Umahi, Mimiko (Pics / PDP Non-Elective Convention In Abuja (Photos, Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.