Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (18984 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Mization(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Kennedykak:
Can you all see what this dude just did? We talking about abolishing some shitty acts and here's a promoter. Yorubas' should please stop splitting this country; first it was oba now its this man from akoko.

Madam, as u can see my post was directed to someone, you should not judge me by reading just a post from me miss, Be guided.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by millionaireman: 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Go and ask UK and USA, they are now running Nigeria through a proxy.

That's what majority of Nigeria asked for in the last presidential election.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Balyz: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

never ever ever
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by anonimi: 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes.

It should be replaced with state of RESIDENCE i.e. where you/your parents pay TAX!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by LockDown69(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes they should!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by anonimi: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:
This is Africa where people have eternal allegiance and spiritual connections to their forefathers land. Just like Europe and Asia.

State of Residence and Place of birth can never see the light of day, talkless of working

Even Europeans have strong allegiance to their land. That is why a Welsh is forever one and Scottish is one and a German will not trade a grain of its soil. That is having pride in your ancestral lineage.

Only America, Canada and Australia can have state of residence or place of birth because they are a migrant country.

Nigeria is not a migrant country. Likewise Africa, Europe and Asia.

Do you mean that the

- Garden of Eden is in EACH place of ORIGIN in Africa, Europe & Asia / if you believe the Bible & Koran creation story.

-primate to human transformation for each place of origin occurred where they still claim today / if you believe the scientific evolution story.

In short we are all MIGRANTS depending how far you think into the past.
QED!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by BonnyF(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
For me I can't employ someone without origin
Naija pple don start
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by millionaireman: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:
This is Africa where people have eternal allegiance and spiritual connections to their forefathers land. Just like Europe and Asia.

State of Residence and Place of birth can never see the light of day, talkless of working

Even Europeans have strong allegiance to their land. That is why a Welsh is forever one and Scottish is one and a German will not trade a grain of its soil. That is having pride in your ancestral lineage.

Only America, Canada and Australia can have state of residence or place of birth because they are a migrant country.

Nigeria is not a migrant country. Likewise Africa, Europe and Asia.

And in Nigeria, you refused to do like the Wales, English, Scottish. In the UK, the Welsh use what is obtained from Wales to developing Wales and pay tax to the central government in London. The same thing applies to the Scottish and the English.
Even in England, large cities are now allowed to use lots of what comes from the city to develop the city and pay tax to central government. That's called fiscal federalism.

But in Nige ria, some group did all the fight, all the damage to Nigeria and loss of innocent lives only to enable one of their own to preside over Nigeris and the oil revenues that come from another area more than 1000km from their home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by leonprince: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
I partially agree with you but believe me it is not a good idea. It is only the State of Origin that remind some people that they are actually from a particular state.

I came across a girl some years back who called her dad to ask of her state of origin, You can imagine that! Am talking about a girl of about 21years old.

In Unity, well, fine but in another way round let's leave it that way.
so if she calls her father and ask him that's they parents fault not nigeria. Bt the bottom line is that she is nigerian and whereever she is will be recognize as such.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uzolexis(f): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
I say a big YES and AMEN to that...state of origin should be scrapped,it causes a lot of discrimination. What should matter is state of residence.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Rhozabeth(m): 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
My broda, u are right and I agree with you, this is long overdue! Personally I ve removed that state of origin thing from my cv. I am a Nigerian first and that is what matters. Requesting for state of origin is one of those things that is deepening the division that already exist in this country!!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by mmsen: 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
I partially agree with you but believe me it is not a good idea. It is only the State of Origin that remind some people that they are actually from a particular state.

I came across a girl some years back who called her dad to ask of her state of origin, You can imagine that! Am talking about a girl of about 21years old.

The point is that state of origin should not matter.

No one should be made to pledge allegiance to a place that they have never been to - which is clearly what happened with this girl.

I'm sure she knows her place of birth.

If we are serious about unifying Nigerian we need to get rid of some of these peculiar and divisive habits.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Diesel1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nazeeboy:
what of if you see someone like labbo, lado or shattu nko? grin
lol I will just remove my eye glass and tear d form cos dat be another country #Tribalism noni grin
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
What about our names? Can't they still identify us by that?
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by millionaireman: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
uzolexis:
I say a big YES and AMEN to that...state of origin should be scrapped,it causes a lot of discrimination. What
Have

should matter is state of residence.

Have you heard of Sabon Gari in the north?
Any address there already gives you up as a non native, and thus subject to denied certain benefits provided by the state.

Nigeria is a country that has natural divisions to enable four or even more countries emerge from it. But the political people pretend all is well because they are together in eating up the proceds from the country's resources.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by mbulela: 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
That state of origin crap is the most pointless row I see in Naija forms. Utterly useless.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uzolexis(f): 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
millionaireman:

Have you heard of Sabon Gari in the north?
Any address there already gives you up as a non native, and thus subject to denied certain benefits provided by the state.

Nigeria is a country that has natural divisions to enable four or even more countries emerge from it. But the political people pretend all is well because they are together in eating up the proceds from the country's resources.

I've heard of Sabon Gari but I didnt know it was MAINLY for non natives. But I still think scrapping State of Origin and quota system would benefit us. Not saying it will solve all our problems but it would be a step in the right direction. I know some friends and Family that have have been denied some things they were qualified for just cos of their state of origin. After scrapping that,the next step should be to have TRUE FEDERALISM and not concentrate so much power in the centre.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Raypawer(m): 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
januzaj:
Noooooo
It can never end tribalism
if you go north if muhammed no dey your name
if you go ss if ikechukwu no dey your name
if you go sw if adewale no dey your name
na d same result with state of origin

ikechukwu is se not ss... ss is Onome, Uduak, Ebimo, Bovi, Okon.. don't mix up!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uzolexis(f): 7:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
After this election, Nigerians should sit and talk if we really want to be in one Country and not living by some document written by one drunk Lugard and his prostitute who christened us Nigerians.

Let Nigerians decide for themselves. We can even hold a UN-supervised referendum with our Permanent voter's card and the good electoral system GEJ beqeathed to us.
Thumbprint 'No' if you wish to leave Nigeria, Thumbprint 'Yes' on the ballot if you want stay in Nigeria. The Scots did it, why can't we, what are we afraid of?

I'm totally with u on this...
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uzolexis(f): 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
AgentMS:
Why are the promoters of this sinister and clandestine move for the removal of state of origin Ibos alone?

Why? Are they the only ones in Nigeria.

It is a DOA move.

Why can't an English man go to Scotland to contest?

Why can't a Welsh go to Ireland to contest?

They have ancestral linkage to their respective lands. Simple as ABC

Anybody that wants state of residence or place of birth should head to Canada, Australia or America, definitely not Europe Africa, Asia and South America.

Hatred for Igbos has so blocked ur brain u cant even reason objectively again. This is not about politics,even in filling job forms or school forms etc u see state of origin,this gives room for a lot of marginalisation. Place of residence is the most impt thing as a lot of pple r more concerned about where they live than where they r from cos this is where they get their daily bread.
Stop instigating tribal wars, it's not helping anybody....PEACE.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uzolexis(f): 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Joycomethnow:
What happens to quota system? Have you forgotten that 'State of Origin' is used to distribute position equitably among the federated units(States) in Nigeria? according to the Federal Character Principle. Therefore, don't you think it may affect appointments into government positions and National institutions like the Military?...don't you think so?

Quota system should be scrapped IMO.....qualification is what should get pple appointed to posts.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by uzolexis(f): 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
Most of the comments I am seeing r really annoying and void of common sense.Instead of pple to argue and give reasons for and against the topic they r reverting it back to calling Igbos names. Hatred for Igbos has so blocked their brain they can't reason objectively anymore and I'm so sorry for them.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by lasurjunior(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Because of the increasing nature of discrimination and tribalism...yes.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
okays

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by prixm: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
SURE, STATE OF ORIGIN SHOULD BE REMOVED. PLACE OF RESIDENCE WILL BE BETTER. FEW YEARS DOWN THE LINE TRIBAL SENTIMENT AND ATTACHMENT WILL BE HISTORY.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by jomoh: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:

I support you on this. If we remove it, it will eventually lead to us losing our identity and eventually our roots.

But I will like a little modification instead of state, let it be say place of extraction. That is where your parents originally came from and not state. If its igbo let it be igbo and if its Yoruba let it be Yoruba and they should make it optional.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is idiocy.

A notation on a piece of paper isn't where racism lives, racism lives in the hearts of men.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by nortcentrallord(m): 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Remove it.

On the contrary, if we can't truly stay together in peace without DISCRIMINATION BY IDENTIFICATION, let's part in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kingspin(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
When somebody brought the national confab that should restructure Nigeria people kicked against it even the so called wise people among us that was the moment i concluded that Nigerians is not ready. I have forgetting about one Nigeria. Untill i forsee a concrete and desire driven structure or workable alternatives to change Nigeria. Only fair and collective agreement will make Nigeria Work.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by docsholz(m): 8:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Removing it changes nothing
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by MrHighSea: 8:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Then in such forms u'll only c PoR as Lagos,, Abuja, Rivers, Kaduna, Enugu, CRS. Yl Bornu, Zamfara, Benue, states etc will b story for d gods. PoB z better for sharing resources equitably n saying Hello! to ya Villa once in a yl. #my1kobo.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Maser: 8:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Yes thats how its done in saner climes. It should be removed to stem discrimination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makarfi Inaugurates PDP NEC After Meeting With Wike, Okowa, Umahi, Mimiko (Pics / Ugwuanyi Approves Contract For Construction Of 2 FG Roads (pics) / EFCC Grills Pauline Tallen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.