Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (18981 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / frustrated chinese Man Seats On The Ground In Filling Station. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by vanunu: 7:17am On Apr 08, 2015
In a zoo, u don't put all the animals in the same cage.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nazeeboy(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2015
kayalla:

Lantana na person Uzbekistan na. grin
it's a name from one of the nigerian tribes.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Nazeeboy(m): 7:55am On Apr 08, 2015
Diesel1:
lol I will just remove my eye glass and tear d form cos dat be another country #Tribalism noni grin
lol grin grin grin abeg count my teeth
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kay512: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2015
Even Universities should stop the 'indigene - non-indigene' fee payment advantage!
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Kay17: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2015
People especially the middle class, conveniently dismiss and disparage tribalism from their armchairs, but for them to take the practical steps to prevent tribalism, they shrink back into their comfort. The 'state of origin' identity we give to each Nigerian, is a tool of tribalism. Lagos indigenes for example, think they own Lagos as a whole. They don't mean it in the sense of physically owning the land, rather as entitlement to political offices and privileges. They see themselves as being above the other tribes. Hence it is used as a sword of discrimination. But when the North blows up in tribal pogroms we criticize them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by tk4rd: 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
kolonigga:
I think the government should remove the state of origin in filling forms and replace it with "Place of Birth" or "Place of Resident" instead. I think it will make us to feel more united.

What do u think? I think someone from the house raised the issue during OBJ's tenure.

Please no insults be matured
Thanks

Place of residence is best... ("State of Origin" and "State of Birth" are only needed for National Census, and for data analysis and demographic purposes)
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by tk4rd: 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
akinboyepelumi1:
I partially agree with you but believe me it is not a good idea. It is only the State of Origin that remind some people that they are actually from a particular state.

I came across a girl some years back who called her dad to ask of her state of origin, You can imagine that! Am talking about a girl of about 21years old.

In Unity, well, fine but in another way round let's leave it that way.
The OP is talking about filling forms that are used in searching for jobs, filling forms for some other official requests
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by iamdaryo(m): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
[/color][color=#006600]It is already in us. Removing it from the constitution will not change anything.
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by Raypawer(m): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
when next you see that person name Ikechukwu and he says he is from rivers state, tell him its his mother that is from there, as for Delta, i can agree con of the Unoma guys, the red sand part of delta that is close to onitsha!

a core South Southerner cannot be Ikechukwu, stop imposing or mixing Igbo with us, South South..
ArodeTsolaye:

Ikechukwu originally from PH and Delta is what? North-South?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by sylve11: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
don't remove it o. them go claim ur properties. cool
Re: Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms by emorse(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2015
ibedun:

Igbo agenda dead on arrival. The only solution is for Igbos to develop their land.

Check the post below. I believe Kay is the short form of Kayode - a Yoruba name. The difference between you and him is foresight. Abi mo paro?

Kay17:
People especially the middle class, conveniently dismiss and disparage tribalism from their armchairs, but for them to take the practical steps to prevent tribalism, they shrink back into their comfort. The 'state of origin' identity we give to each Nigerian, is a tool of tribalism. Lagos indigenes for example, think they own Lagos as a whole. They don't mean it in the sense of physically owning the land, rather as entitlement to political offices and privileges. They see themselves as being above the other tribes. Hence it is used as a sword of discrimination. But when the North blows up in tribal pogroms we criticize them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafra: Massob Accuses Tinubu Of Plans To Revoke Igbo Properties In Lagos / IGP Asks Supreme Court To Stay Judgment Nullifying Recruitment / Weeping Parents Upset Over Abducted Afaka Students Storm Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.