Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP (4311 Views)

I Will Dump PDP If Sherrif Wins At The Supreme Court – Fayose / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Jonathan’s Campaign Security Chief, 3,000 Others Dump PDP For APC In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by yetunsbay(m): 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
As the All Progressives Congress, APC, set to become the party with the majority in the 8th National Assembly with 64 Senators, there are indications that Senate President David Mark is contemplating his role in the next dispensation and might jump ship from his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The decision by Mark to abandon the PDP might not be unconnected with his desire to remain the Senate President given that he would be the only longest serving Senator returning to the Upper Chamber.
Mark has been in the Senate since the return of democracy in 1999 and has remained the longest serving Senate President having being elected on June 8, 2007.
The Abuja Inquirerlearnt that with the APC certain to zone the Senate Presidency to the North Central, if Mark were to decamp to the party, the APC might have to persuade those rumoured to be in contention for the position, Senators George Akume and Bukola Saraki to shelve their ambitions.
Already, Mark, our correspondent reliably gathered, met with Akume, who incidentally is from the same Benue state as he, to discuss the possibility of his joining the APC and get a guarantee to be presented as the Senate President.
Besides meeting Akume, who is the Minority Leader, Mark is using his military contacts like former Military President Ibrahim Babangida and President Olusegun Obasanjo on his latest venture.
But Obasanjo, sources say, is rather angling for his acolyte, Senator Andy Uba, to decamp from the PDP to APC so that the South East can get a significant position in the National Assembly in the next dispensation since it has no APC lawmaker from the region in the Upper Chamber.
Efforts to reach Mr. Paul Mumeh, Chief Press Secretary to the Senate President, on the latest development were unsuccessful as calls and text message to his mobile line were not responded to.

http://www.theabujainquirer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=188:senate-presidency-mark-plots-to-dump-pdp&catid=79:news-slide&Itemid=654

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
Can someone please enlighten me on this? Can he defect to APC before the new house is inaugurated? I heard it's after inauguration decamping can take place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by blackfase(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thats correct! Only after swearing in. What happens is that all agreements & arrangements are made prior to swearing in then comes to effect thereafter. He'l only announce d defection once parliament kicks off....

ferhyntorlah:
Can someone please enlighten me on this? Can he defect to APC before the new house is inaugurated? I heard it's after inauguration decamping can take place.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
blackfase:

Thats correct! Only after swearing in. What happens is that all agreements & arrangements are made prior to swearing in then comes to effect thereafter. He'l only announce d defection....

Thanks for taking time to reply but I was told the principal officers (president, deputy, leaders etc) would have been selected before decamping occurs. Am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by blackfase(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
If I understand ur question well, that apc wuldve allotted this slots before possible decampers rush in right?

ferhyntorlah:
Thanks for taking time to reply but I was told the principal officers (president, deputy, leaders etc) would have been selected before decamping occurs. Am I wrong?
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by coldsummer: 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mark is too power drumk.

Greedy

Wicked

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
blackfase:

If I understand ur question well, that apc wuldve allotted this slots before possible decampers rush in right?

Exactly!!!
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by blackfase(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hmmm, you gat no idea how silly, repulsive & nauseating nigerian politics can be. For starters it culdnt hav been possible to hav earmarked this or that slot cos apc though hopeful wuld never hav anticipated to hav won majority. As things stand now, they are working out zoning patterns & permutations which could even run till prolly eve of handing over. Under normal circumstances, it ought to hav been served out but for starters, check d gale of defections thats taking place atm. For these politicians, its fight to finish & they'l stop at nothing to fulfill their ambitions, hence they'l tamper with laid down rules & ethoes for their selfish ends.

ferhyntorlah:
Exactly!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by hassan85(m): 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
I saw ds on d newspaper review sectn ds morning. I hope its nt true. Let Mark respect his reputation and his party and sit tyt.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
blackfase:

Hmmm, you gat no idea how silly, repulsive & nauseating nigerian politics can be. For starters it culdnt hav been possible to hav earmarked this or that slot cos apc though hopeful wuld never hav anticipated to hav won majority. As things stand now, they are working out zoning patterns & permutations which could even run till prolly eve of handing over. Under normal circumstances, it ought to hav been served out but for starters, check d gale of defections thats taking place atm. For these politicians, its fight to finish & they'l stop at nothing to fulfill their ambitions, hence they'l tamper with laid down rules & ethics for their selfish ends.

Thanks for the analysis.
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by sammyj: 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
APC should be very careful with this man called MARK, mark my words he would be a silent mole within the APC and will cause the down fall of APC just because of his silent politcal ambition. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by double0seven(m): 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
what I don't understand is: why would APC want to give him the Senate Presidency? It make absolute senselessness. Why give the Senate Presidency to a staunch PDP member who cannot be trusted. i doubt whether Tinubu or Buhari will agree to any of this.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by kolomax(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
We all his ambition an don't think APC are so foolish to hand over the SP role back to him

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by FastShipping: 6:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
double0seven:
what I don't understand is: why would APC want to give him the Senate Presidency? It make absolute senselessness. Why give the Senate Presidency to a staunch PDP member who cannot be trusted. i doubt whether Tinubu or Buhari will agree to any of this.

I can assure you that David Mark is not going to be the next Senate President. Buhari despise the man (Mark) like demon.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by oluspencer(m): 6:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
Even jonathan isn't as evil as Andy uba and david Mark.what's the essence of change if the defeated Mark and Andy are championing the APC.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by san316(m): 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
I'm sooooo angry with this country right now. Political parties are not ideological groups but power sharing groups. I will give up on APC if this happens. Serrrrriously!!!

All PDP members are now going back to APC. What change is that? After things don't go as they do in PDP, they'll start causing trouble.

God forbid.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by MalcoImX: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is not fair. All this wahala we did only for PDP man to come enjoy – someone who two weeks ago was working against our interest.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by abduljabbar8: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
The seat is not his fathers. Own

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by themilanway(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
I would stop defending Buhari if David Mark ends up as Senate president.

I dont care if Akume is the Senate president.

How can one reap where he never sowed,more over i have never liked David Mark.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by wordychap: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Nigerian politics is so childish

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by adanny01(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
I was disappointed when GEJ decide he will pay Nigerians back with subsidy removal. If Buhari allows any PDP decampee to get any position among the no 3 and 4 citizen then i shall be disapointed from the inception of the regime i voted for hoping for change.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by adanny01(m): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
I was disappointed when GEJ decided he will pay Nigerians back with subsidy removal. If Buhari allows any PDP decampee to get any position among the no 3 and 4 citizen then i shall be disappointed from the inception of the regime i voted hoping for change.
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
The same bloke head that gave Obanikoro a pass mark? If he becomes senate president under Buhari then I will pass a vote of no confidence in the upper house right from its inception.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by ollyruffy: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
If APC dear give senate president to David Mark, that will be a sign to nigerians that APC nothing to offer this country.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by emilyone(f): 8:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
Mark should not be allowed to defect to APC.

He is one of the problems facing this country

Na him papa get senate

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by KA24DETT(m): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
This can not be true . This news is just there to sell papers. APC is not that stupid and David Mark is not that crazy..
Its not possible...

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by godunia(m): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Fake news.Mark is in shock just like pej.yes gej won in zone c n so what?at most he will become senate minority leader,I can't wait for Bukola Saraki to shut him down as he was doing to them.Ah Dina Melaiye is also in d senate,Mark at your marks set u better jump out d humiliation would b too much o.no more helicopter bringing u to otukpo anymore,soon d bad roads leading to Idoma land n your house would welcome u.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by joe4christ(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
You expect me to believe this? I aint that gullible mehn!
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by iamok: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
There is clear indication that the 'change' we are talking about is about to be mixed with 'silent mole' if this is true. David Mark has been the greatest enemy of Nigeria as far as I know but he is always a silent killer.
SP that turns 'I' to 'Nay' and 'Nay' to 'I' to have it"
APC beware of Mark. If u see snake, you may embrace, instead of Mark.
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by inspbado(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Although I take this story with a handful of salt, however knowing how politics work in nigeria, you can never say never. If apc should dare let pdp arrow heads defect emass to their party and also give the relevant and sensitive posts, then I would begin to question I and others of like mind's fight change of the staus quo. Cos we voted to change pdp, we can't sit down nd see the same pdp sneak in through the backdoors, can we?
Re: Senate Presidency: Mark Plans To Dump PDP by Cutesexy1(f): 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Anyhow we will be watching

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Who Became A Doctor At 21 Joins Forbes List: Picture / Who Actually Is Dr. Peter Ayodele Fayose? – A Brief Biography / APC Says 1 Billion Dollars Was Found In Labaran Maku's Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.