Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,041 members, 7,810,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? (1538 Views)

Nigerian Man Wishes Death On Lady Just Because She Didn't Reply His 'I Love You' / When She Tell U No S3x Till Marriage. Letter Find Out This!! (pics) Adults Only! / Should She Tell Her Fiance About Her Sex Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Savigne(f): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
I have a friend who's close to me and she has this friend who has been asking her out but because she was in a relationship with a guy she loved,she kept turning him down.
Now she broke up with that guy and this her friend started coming on very strong up to the extent of using emotional blackmail,trying to make her feel pity for him.She kept on telling him that she was just coming out from a relationship and wasn't really in the state of mind to be in another relationship but he was adamant.
Consequently,my friend gave in just to spare his feelings and now she's feeling bad, after just 1 week cause she knows she feels nothing for this guy but she has no idea how to tell him without hurting him too much,cause this guy is already planning their future together.
Pls matured and concerned Nlers,I need your help cause she's losing it.
CC:phrenoz(f), 3coins(m), kingphilip(m),
HumbledbYGrace(f), HARDDON, Deiok(m),
princesa(f), Khalessi, Neldrizzy(m), August17(m),
r231(m), HeyChiko, RentedReality(m),
Olutola88(m), AudreyTimms(f), DoroCute(f),
Ikamenze(m), yuzedo, Phynicz, Idowuogbo(f)
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Janet101(f): 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
I think u She should just keep her distance n also use body language
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Janet101(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
I think, She should just keep her distance n also use body language
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Too long to read
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by 7footre(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
All these ma friend this ma friend that thread... jex come clean!!!!
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by vizkiz: 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
Unibenstudent:
Too long to read

this short storyy is too long to read How do you pass your exams again? undecided
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
vizkiz:

this short storyy is too long to read How do you pass your exams again? undecided
ask ur girlfriend
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
And my moniker was added to the list of "concerned" Nairalanders...embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by aristocrazzy: 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
She has to hurt his feelings unless she'll hurt her's
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by vizkiz: 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
Unibenstudent:
ask ur girlfriend

I have none....NEXT? undecided
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by vizkiz: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Khalessi:
And my moniker was added to the list of "concerned" Nairalanders...embarassed

I am very positive she made a mistake tongue
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by ronald4lif(m): 6:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
I don't think there's any nice way of telling someone off. She just need to tell him the truth. Of course it will hurt because it's not what he wants or expected. She shouldn't date him based on self pity, for that will never work out well.

Perhaps she can send him a message of this nature. "Hey dear, I'm trying to be as nice as possible and no disrespect about it. And no offense but I just do not like you the way you like me. You're a great guy and I respect you a lot but the spark it's not just there. I hope and pray you find that girl who will appreciate your great values and personality. Thanks."

If he's man enough he'll inderstand and respect her decision.

1 Like

Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
ronald4lif:
I don't think there's any nice way of telling someone off. She just need to tell him the truth. Of course it will hurt because it's not what he wants or expected. She shouldn't date him based on self pity, for that will never work out well.

Perhaps she can send him a message of this nature. "Hey dear, I'm trying to be as nice as possible and no disrespect about it. And no offense but I just do not like you the way you like me. You're a great guy and I respect you a lot but the spark it's not just there. I hope and pray you find that girl who will appreciate your great values and personality. Thanks."

If he's man enough he'll inderstand and respect her decision.

Does it really wok? cos I told a guy that and he wished me well but hours later his sister-in-law and niece called me to reconsider, with lots of text messages from him telling me how am his future. am seriously sick about his advancs.
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by ronald4lif(m): 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
jerg1:

Does it really wok? cos I told a guy that and he wished me well but hours later his sister-in-law and niece called me to reconsider, with lots of text messages from him telling me how am his future. am seriously sick about his advancs.

I'm not sure it will work but she can try out something similar. The most important thing is to pass across the message in the nicest way she can without making the person feel the rejection badly.

As related to you, you have said your mind and your message has been delivered. Care less about whatever his family says and their opinion shouldn't matter. It will be good if you stop whatever means they communicate to you with.
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Ngozi24(f): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
She needs to make him understand that he shouldn't expect so much because she is just coming out from a relationship. They should grow gradually and possibly be friends for now. She must also sound the no s*x rule. To her they are friends and if he can be patient for a year, that's fine.
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by 3coins(m): 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
i dont why guys still use emotional blackmail...if a girl doesnt like you,she doesnt like you...i also dont know why a girl should say yes to a guy she doesnt like out of pity......tell him straight to his face "i cant date you" and show him you mean it...trust me..he wont die...he will fall in "love" with another girl
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Going into a relationship with someone out of pity is not a good thing to do and I will see it as wickedness, because when you come clean, it shatters the person emotionally and psychologically and even more than the way he was hurting when you were refusing them.

Keeping turning dem down, it won't kill them but if u accept out of pity u only punish yourself and the other person in the relationship.
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Savigne(f): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Thanks guys,I appreciate your comments,even Khalessi..I'll make sure she gets this when I see her.
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Going out with that guy out of pity is the most wicked thing anybody can do to someone's feelings.

Tell her to apologetically tell him that she feels nothing for him and not nurse the bruises, he'll thank her later for being blunt.
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by kpolli(m): 12:29am On Apr 08, 2015
Blackmailed her into a relationship; hmm, that's a first
Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by HARDDON: 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
jerg1:

@ U AND OP, its amazing how a lil distance and time reclocks the heart. weakens the mind and desire naturally dies.

no need to say anything, let time and chance do the talking and breaking.

give excuses, deploy time.

1 Like

Re: How Does She Tell Him She Didn't Mean It? by Savigne(f): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Thanks for all the advice guys.
She finally did it,and like someone here said, it wasn't easy @ all cause according to her she's feeling like a monster,but I told her better now than later when he must have gotten too attached to her.
So once again thanks for the advice guys.

(1) (Reply)

Love Can Be Unconditional / My New Girl Friend Decieved Me, What Do I Do? / Why Is There A Huge Pressure To Have Sex On Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.