Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,149 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic (1314 Views)

Too Hot And S*xy: Meet Pretty Policewoman Who Is Making People Go Crazy On Socia / Angry Woman Cuts Off Man's joystick For Not Making Eye Contact During Sex[photo] / Folowers But Not Making Moves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
no doubt, Nigeria is one the most religious and traditionally inclined people on earth.
no yawa!
But what baffles me is, you will hardly see girls kissing their boyfriends in public, even married people are guilty, whether they are afraid, i don't know.
In the UK where i did my ITCA, i was 19 ,i met a young girl about my age along the popular Piccadilly monument.
How are you? i asked.
i'm fine,thank you. she replied.
In our conversation, i asked her if she was married, she show me her wedding ring and some of her wedding pictures on her phone.
what's your name? i asked her
Stacy, she replied immediately.
It's nice meeting you Stacy.
You are welcome, she responded.
we went our separate away.
I came back to Nigeria a year later. one night i decided to walk down a nearby filling station to get fuel for my generator, since there was no light, i met this beautiful lady at the station who i think is below 19.
Hello! you are beautiful, i told her.
thanks, she responded.
How are you and,
what's your name?, i asked
i am a married woman, how dare you ask my name?
It does not matter, i said.
Then, the next thing i heard is, Don't you have respect for married women? You are even asking me How are you?
She walk away,
i was so embarrassed, other people looking at us thought i was making advance at her.
i asked myself, if this lady was not married will she be doing this? she probably would have been friendly too. But because she is now married she is now demanding respect where it does not follow, from a guy who is older than her.
so, my question is.,is this some kind of african tradition?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
Op u know what u may have content, but the content just doesn't jam enough to give an overall meaning.
Ur title also conflicts with ur content.think it over and reconstruct ur post b4 I reply.
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Chizzy20(f): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
qbd2:
Op u know what u may have content, but the content just doesn't jam enough to give an overall meaning.
Ur title also conflicts with ur content.think it over and reconstruct ur post b4 I reply.
yeah u re ryt...i jst read d content..bt it doesnt relate to d topic...
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by jamex93(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Na so naija babes dey o

But if tor say u tell her stupid things like

U look swt I wanna get down with u
She for reply u with smile and follow u self

Bros give this post better topic
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
qbd2:
may be because i am still nurturing the embarrassment till now.. lol
anyway, a romantic lady will always be nice to everybody whether she is married or not.
It seems, traditional perception says don't be nice to people when you are married or they will be little you. or you may be in danger of committing adultery or you will be caught red handed by your husband or something
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Chizzy20(f): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2015
denisbid:

anyway, a romantic lady will always be nice to everybody whether they are married or not
op u gat it wrng dere...a well mannered lady...nt a romantic lady..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Proximo73: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
come to think of it, why do girls not kissing their guys in public?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by soulminister(m): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
In Nigeria, people's perspectives differs. I learnt my lesson at a very young age that it isn't every lady who caught your admiration that you walk up to appreciate. most ladies will misinterprete your gesture as a flirt. only a few will show gratitude.

what leads to such?

either their experience with guys or they are immature in character or wisdom

#i rest my case
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
denisbid:

anyway, a romantic lady will always be nice to everybody whether she is married or not.
It seems, traditional perception says don't be nice to people when you are married or they will be little you. or you may be in danger of committing adultery or you will be caught red handed by your husband or something
I still don't get ur use of romantic. U mean romantic to strangers or their spouse?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Chizzy20:
yeah u re ryt...i jst read d content..bt it doesnt relate to d topic...
I guess I'm not d only dat noticed dat.
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Proximo73: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2015
soulminister:
In Nigeria, people's perspectives differs. I learnt my lesson at a very young age that it isn't every lady who caught your admiration that you walk up to appreciate. most ladies will misinterprete your gesture as a flirt. only a few will show gratitude.

what leads to such?

#i rest my case
it is their experience with guys.
some guys are very forward.
You give them privilege
They will want to take the full village

1 Like

Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2015
qbd2:

I still don't get ur use of romantic. U mean romantic to strangers or their spouse?
romantic to their spouse.
Remember, i said you hardly see couples kissing publicly. could it be traditional beliefs?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2015
Proximo73:
come to think of it, why do girls not kissing their guys in public?
you have noticed it too?
even the guys don't even make move to show affection publicly
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Proximo73: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2015
denisbid:

you have noticed it too?
even the guys don't even make move to show affection publicly
it's because the girl will not approve of it.
she will prefer it done indoors
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2015
Proximo73:

it's because the girl will not approve of it.
she will prefer it done indoors
why?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 11:56am On Apr 08, 2015
soulminister:

what leads to such?

#i rest my case
you are right
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Hildalicious(f): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
Proximo73:

it is their experience with guys.
some guys are very forward.
You give them privilege
They will want to take the full village
thank you very much,, it is the guys o,
even if you tell them you are married they will still want to tempt you to fall.
that's why we give them cold face and be firm with our decision
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by tosyne2much(m): 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
OP, rename your title to "Why Do Nigerian Ladies Take Compliments For Toasting ?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by flexybobo: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
qbd2:

the op is not straight forward, except this is what he is trying to portray .
for couples to be romantic they have to know how to be nice first, to everybody. otherwise, their romance will not be true romance.
the reason is that, if the girl for instance do not know how to be nice to people, definitely, she will never know how to be nice to her spouse.
what she know is, she is in love, but she will not know how to go about loving him.
Then, a situation where the guy begins to endure the marriage set in, before you know there will be brake up.
so, being nice to people, though is not romance,is a necessary ingredient to make romance work. that's why they can be used interchangably in some context
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Proximo73: 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
denisbid:

why?
lol
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Hildalicious(f): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
flexybobo:

for couples to be romantic they have to know how to be nice first, to everybody. otherwise, their romance will not be true romance.
the reason is that, if the girl for instance do not know how to be nice to people, definitely, she will never know how to be nice to her spouse.
what she know is, she is in love, but she will not know how to go about loving him.
Then, a situation where the guy begins to endure the marriage set in, before you know there will be brake up.
so, being nice to people, though is not romance,is a necessary ingredient to make romance work. that's why they can be used interchangably in some context

hmm!
that means, a persons ability to be hospitable and friendly to other people will translate to his or her ability to be romantic to his or her spouse?
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by flexybobo: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hildalicious:

hmm!
that means, a persons ability to be hospitable and friendly to other people will translate to his or her ability to be romantic to his or her spouse?
exactly!
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Vyolet(f): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
If the girl responds well and feels relaxed with you,you'd be the first to open a thread on "how flirty naija married women are. I can even imagine topics like,"this babe is married but she's showing me greenlight.

#naija guys that I know well undecided.
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Hila12(m): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
flexybobo:

thanks!
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by flexybobo: 6:19am On Apr 09, 2015
denisbid:

thanks!
you are welcome
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 09, 2015
flexybobo:

Hmm seem to understandd ops language. But I stilldisagree with datnotion presented. By d op ass uve clarified.
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 09, 2015
denisbid:

romantic to their spouse.
Remember, i said you hardly see couples kissing publicly. could it be traditional beliefs?

Dats just beinghuman, courtesy says pple don't do dat in public.
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by flexybobo: 9:37am On Apr 09, 2015
qbd2:

Hmm seem to understandd ops language. But I stilldisagree with datnotion presented. By d op ass uve clarified.
i know some couples may not be romantic, but how is religion and tradition influenced it. i still do not understand
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
flexybobo:

i know some couples may not be romantic, but how is religion and tradition influenced it. i still do not understand

Same here, maybe u can askdopwhat he meant. By that.
Re: Religion And Tradion Is Not Making People Romantic by denisbid: 11:34am On Apr 18, 2015
qbd2:

Dats just beinghuman, courtesy says pple don't do dat in public.
what courtesy? African courtesy?
Even kissing on screen, African parents will prohibit their children to watch as if it is some kind of ex rated film

(1) (Reply)

Ladies And Their Dream Man/husband Material / Without Men... / Must Read: Mechanic’s Workshop…. Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.