Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo (30474 Views)

Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / Push APC Into Atlantic Ocean, Agbaje Tells Igbo / Igbos Forgive Oba Akiolu And Vote For APC - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by doris4u(f): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
mekaboy:

Lol, i know how it feels to be a tenant to a non indigen.
grin grin :Dfalls from mat
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Ihuomadinihu: 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
If an Igbo leader made that statement,they would asked him to quickly apologise. But the untouchable 'oba' is above the law? Apologise and you will be forgiven that is the natural law. Idiots throwing shady remarks snice 1914.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Ihuomadinihu: 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
I don't support the Oba but what can the Igbos do other than moving on? Ambode have denounce him, Tinubu have come out to condemn and now even Buhari. The major players in APC have condemn him what else do you want? Stop feeling funky and move your silly assés on! Some fight ain't worth it...
Will you move your silly ass if it concerns you and your kins? Sometimes,people have to forfeit tribal sentiments and reason like humans.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Atlantian: 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
aderonila18:

It is an abomination in Yoruba land for an Oba to apologize publicly. It will have negative effects in his people, so forget Oba apologizing because it won't happen. The best thing that can be done is others apologizing in his behalf which is what APC leaders are doing
Which explains why you people sleep on the ground like slaves when greeting your Oba. Absolutely nonsensical.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Daddi: 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
PointB:

Then it is foolishness on Buhari's part to ask people to forgive a man who think he's is above reprieve! APC cannot apologise on his behalf, he's not a member of APC! What Buhari should be calling for is his dethronement and and arrest for criminal incitement with the intent to encourage mass murder!

Mr. Akiolu, your people say you are god and cannot descend to human level. Okay ooo. You don't deserve forgiveness, continue in your macabre dance of foolishness, the surugede, dance of spirit!

Let's see how far this goes!
its ok bro, who God wan disgrace na small small him sense dey comot. I hate tribalism n racism but its a pity they're with us in this life its well.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by DuchessLily(f): 6:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
BushidoBlue:

I love you for this statement.. in fact send me you contact let's hook up!! wink wink wink

Hahaha hahaha..... U wish! tongue
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by waternogetemeny: 6:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
halix239:

don't move on na, wu forced u guys to stay in lagos..GO BACK N DEVELOP UR LANDS.

U are a bastard for involving me with Lagos, do I live in Lagos?

Beside Lagos belongs to the igbos.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by charmingeyes(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If you like don't move on, it doesn't change anything. The highest you can do is vote for Agbage and that still won't be enough to make him win. Move on or go to hell!

Unrepentant bigot.
Where went your education?
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by halix239(f): 7:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
waternogetemeny:

U are a bastard for involving me with Lagos, do I live in Lagos?

Beside Lagos belongs to the igbos.

im not a lagosian, am a northerner n i don't give a Bleep wot happens in lagos, i don't blame the igbos for their outburst, its the yoruba's fault, they won't try sch rubbish here in the north, they know the outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by PedroJP(m): 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
Symphony007:
A few days after independence, ahmadu bello called igbo's coackroaches and said he'll rather employ expatriate that igbo nigerians in the northern civil service, in 1966, major. Nzeorgwu killed key members of the federal govt and left the head, azikiwe who was his brother, post civil war, awolowo cheated igbo's of their compensation and gave each 20 naira contrary to the instructions of gen. Gowon.....after all this we re still singing one nigeria. rubbish! This nation is cancer patient who is being bombarded with chemotherapy against it's wish by greedy children who want her alive to feed on her wealth, but one day, she'll surely die!!!!!!!!

Amin and Amin
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by honourhim: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
aderonila18:

It is an abomination in Yoruba land for an Oba to apologize publicly. It will have negative effects in his people, so forget Oba apologizing because it won't happen. The best thing that can be done is others apologizing in his behalf which is what APC leaders are doing

silly african culture.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by jpphilips(m): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** First are you Igbo or yoruba?. This question is very important, so i understand how to respond to this.

The events of our past is recorded in history, it doesn't matter who read it.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by jpphilips(m): 7:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Symphony007:
angry see the odious nonentity way won teach me history! Awolowo the ex convict turned finance minister under general yakubu gowon was instructed by his boss who is the head of state, to pay every igbo according to what they lost in the war and Mr. Awolowo went contrary to that an paid everyone a flat rate of 20 naira! I thought the war was no victor no vanquished. Yet they are to pay for being vanquished? That aside sef who us awolowo to go against his boss except for his bigotry!! Mind your stuupid self o!!

The amount was "20 pounds" not "20 Naira", there was no Naira at the time.
Tell us again, which history class did you attend?

I know you were once the best history student at Oshogbo college of Mediocrity, you should know that this is the internet not your village.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by hriz(m): 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
wiv wat I experienced in east, dos mofos r wicked, non acommodating and tribalist! An ibo man will neva patronize a yoruba mans biz in d east, forget! Most ibos won't even sell dr land to a yoruba man in d east! Yet yall by virtue of hustle came to lag, yet yall were accomodated like dr own, nw ibos seeking apology frm oba, a slot in lagos governmennt or parliament! Can't u see yall askin too much! N yet sum naïve brats amngst ya callin d oba a fool! Sumtyn ur fathers and traditional rulers can't say! Bin progressive as a result of civilization doesnt mean bin naïve wrt d traditional principles!

1 Like

Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by hriz(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
If an Igbo leader made that statement,they would asked him to quickly apologise. But the untouchable 'oba' is above the law? Apologise and you will be forgiven that is the natural law. Idiots throwing shady remarks snice 1914.
if ibo leaders apologize in dr zone, which very well will create a peaceful environment! Den I suppose u shldnt be in lagos? An oba cannot apologize n yes he is above d law! Welcome to trad 101! Most ibos need be tot that b4 migrating!

2 Likes

Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by calcal: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
take it or leave it. you don't like go home, love is not by force.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by juliebest(f): 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
mekaboy:

Lol, i know how it feels to be a tenant to a non indigen.
word!!!
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by waternogetemeny: 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
halix239:

im not a lagosian, am a northerner n i don't give a Bleep wot happens in lagos, i don't blame the igbos for their outburst, its the yoruba's fault, they won't try sch rubbish here in the north, they know the outcome.

U are a Yoruba bastard and any day any time Abuja does too is no mans land. Is Abuja not North?

Any place that we use Nigeria to build belongs to all Nigerians.

Go and claim your fada s mud house in lagos and leave my fathers villa in lagos.

Animal.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
it is the bounden and sworn duty of every Igbo person of age in Lagos to vote for Jimi Agbaje in this election.
this is ONE thing you can do to send a very powerful message that we cannot be intimidated by anybody in Nigeria
they wanted us to be Nigerians by force, and 3 million of our people died, mainly by starvation.
now we are Nigerians, and ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA IS OURS!

even if you did not want to vote before; even if you were planning to travel; even if you were planning to vote for APC:
please, in the name of our dead heroes in Biafra, we MUST vote for PDP, and for Jimi Agbaje.
PDP may still lose, but let us give Jimi 99.9999% of our votes.
may God bless you as you do so! cool
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by oscarjulliet: 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Mr PlanB or whatever you call urself and others. you better let their be peace. you talk more dan these bfor presidencial election, heven no fall. i don't know what you really want. Ar you God? Wy requesting for apology? Wy you pple find it difficult to understand simple explanation? If you hate Tinubu, Fashola, Buhari and APC, you hate God because wether you like it or not these ar d pple that will rule you for another four years. If you ar not happy wit that, go to court. If oba talk rubish by mistake, must you too talk rubish delebrately?
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by oscarjulliet: 12:03am On Apr 09, 2015
relchange:
it is the bounden and sworn duty of every Igbo person of age in Lagos to vote for Jimi Agbaje in this election.
this is ONE thing you can do to send a very powerful message that we cannot be intimidated by anybody in Nigeria
they wanted us to be Nigerians by force, and 3 million of our people died, mainly by starvation.
now we are Nigerians, and ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA IS OURS!

even if you did not want to vote before; even if you were planning to travel; even if you were planning to vote for APC:
please, in the name of our dead heroes in Biafra, we MUST vote for PDP, and for Jimi Agbaje.
PDP may still lose, but let us give Jimi 99.9999% of our votes.
may God bless you as you do so! cool
that is how you pple continue making mistake. Must you always be a blinded follower? The damage you made during d federal election is still there, continue, you shall see!
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by oscarjulliet: 12:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
which natural law ar you talking about. you too, ar you God? Must you force somebody to apologise? If you don't forgive, what will happen? i know if he apologise, you pple will still have something terrible to say because i know you won't be happy since Buhari bcome d president.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by hriz(m): 2:35am On Apr 09, 2015
shammah1:
Denounce nau. Is the Oba God? When he opened his stuupid mouth to say all the trash without any remorse.
can u open to mouth to d elders of ur village like dat? N yea he is a god! U dnt just relocate u learn the cultures and values of d land b4 migratin!
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by MrSunesis(m): 4:51am On Apr 09, 2015
aderonila18:

It's not about being prideful, do you want calamity to befall his people. It is an abomination for an Oba to apologize publicly , he simply can't do it even if he wants to

Are you aware that it is said in the Scriptures that God repented (had a change of heart)?...if God can, why can't your Oba? He doesn't need to beg...he just needs to say something like... igbo occupants of Lagos, let it be known that I harbour no ill intentions against you. We encourage you to vote as your heart pleases. The land blesses you irrespective of who you vote for and I revert my initial words.

At least say something positive. No one wants him to lose his honour by begging.

Pride goes before a fall. Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon was far greater than your Oba and he learnt that lesson the hard way.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If you like don't move on, it doesn't change anything. The highest you can do is vote for Agbage and that still won't be enough to make him win. Move on or go to hell!
you and those liking ur comment already make me miss GEJ! This is ur kind of change right?
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Keegan: 5:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Jenams:
you and those liking ur comment already make me miss GEJ! This is ur kind of change right?

You see your life, noting lasts for ever. Go to hell with your yeye gej .
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Demdem(m): 5:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Mentcee:
my papa be bloody bastadd! Am doomed for life.

1 Like

Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Ihuomadinihu: 7:02am On Apr 09, 2015
oscarjulliet:
which natural law ar you talking about. you too, ar you God? Must you force somebody to apologise? If you don't forgive, what will happen? i know if he apologise, you pple will still have something terrible to say because i know you won't be happy since Buhari bcome d president.
Pls get away. What has Buhari got to do with an oba that incites violence immediately after a peaceful election. Are you aware that many Igbos supported Buhari. Keep sentiments away when you are dealing with a sensitive matter like this. The oba should have SHUT UP when he knew he couldn't apologize. If Eze Nri or Eze Arochukwu made the same stupid comment against tribalistic Yorubas would you let it go. I expect educated people to condemn this nonesense.
If Presidents and Authorities can ask for forgiveness,then who is oba? Is he the Creator? Even Jesus the Son of God asked God to forgive humans.
That is why Achebe wrote that Yorubas are tied down by nonesensical traditional rules.
The trend these days is to overlook any verbal bashing against Igbo people.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Ihuomadinihu: 7:15am On Apr 09, 2015
hriz:
if ibo leaders apologize in dr zone, which very well will create a peaceful environment! Den I suppose u shldnt be in lagos? An oba cannot apologize n yes he is above d law! Welcome to trad 101! Most ibos need be tot that b4 migrating!
And Hausas and Yorubas are not in the East? Has any Igbo ruler made such comments against them. Even against Fulanis that destroy properties and molest women in the East? By the way,i don't stay in Lagos,i guess you think all Igbos live in Lagis?
The oba should have shut his trap when he knew he couldn't apologize. These are sensitive moments in a choatic country and all the tribalistic oba can do is to make such silly comments. Who is he to tell igbos who to vote?
Above the law my foot? Who placed him above the law,lol. A leader that can't control his tongue can never be above the law,my friend. He only succeded in devaluing the traditional seat in the eyes of non Yorubas.
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by christopher123(m): 7:58am On Apr 09, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

And Hausas and Yorubas are not in the East? Has any Igbo ruler made such comments against them. Even against Fulanis that destroy properties and molest women in the East? By the way,i don't stay in Lagos,i guess you think all Igbos live in Lagis?
The oba should have shut his trap when he knew he couldn't apologize. These are sensitive moments in a choatic country and all the tribalistic oba can do is to make such silly comments. Who is he to tell igbos who to vote?
Above the law my foot? Who placed him above the law,lol. A leader that can't control his tongue can never be above the law,my friend. He only succeded in devaluing the traditional seat in the eyes of non Yorubas.

But in a recent turn of events, the Oba has
issued an apology to the Igbos and everyone
offended by his tirade, blaming his actions on
the popular Alcoholic drink, ORIJIN.’
In his statement, he said;
“I want to offer my unequivocal apologies to
the Igbo people for the things I said. I am sorry.
I was drunk. I was drinking some Orijin just
before the meeting. It was my 1st time, it was
so sweet, I did not know it would be so
intoxicating. I have ordered that all Orijin
Bottles and Cans should be thrown into the
Lagoon Instead”.
Meanwhile, Boys in Lagos are planning to
protest the Oba’s move to throw all the Orijin
into the Lagoon. They have paid a Twitter
Trender to trend the Hashtag #
DontDrownOurOrijin.
http://www..ng/2015/04/07/oba-of-lagos-confesses-i-was-high-on-orijin/
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by christopher123(m): 8:01am On Apr 09, 2015
hriz:

But in a recent turn of events, the Oba has
issued an apology to the Igbos and everyone
offended by his tirade, blaming his actions on
the popular Alcoholic drink, ORIJIN.’
In his statement, he said;
“I want to offer my unequivocal apologies to
the Igbo people for the things I said. I am sorry.
I was drunk. I was drinking some Orijin just
before the meeting. It was my 1st time, it was
so sweet, I did not know it would be so
intoxicating. I have ordered that all Orijin
Bottles and Cans should be thrown into the
Lagoon Instead”.
Meanwhile, Boys in Lagos are planning to
protest the Oba’s move to throw all the Orijin
into the Lagoon. They have paid a Twitter
Trender to trend the Hashtag #
DontDrownOurOrijin.
http://www..ng/2015/04/07/oba-of-lagos-confesses-i-was-high-on-orijin/
Re: Forgive Akiolu And Move On, Buhari Tells Igbo by Ladi4sure: 8:05am On Apr 09, 2015
derecho:
Many think Agbaje represents the needed change in Lagos.
Besides,Ambode is no match for Agbaje other than he represents the statusquo and an extension of TINUBU.

Is there any problem with the status quo in Lagos? Do you want to change and replace it with Bode George, Kashamu and Co? Agbaje is just a smooth talker giving us empty promises

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Commissions Hunters To Fight Herdsmen (Video) / Count Us Out Of Biafra, Itsekiri Tell IPOB, MASSOB / Wike Congratulates Makinde, Mohammed, Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.