Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped (27250 Views)

Be Sure To Fly Royal Air Maroc / About To Book Royal Air Maroc To Texas Please I Need Your Opinion / What Is Royal In Air Maroc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by deltafoxx(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
The fact is that this airmaroc staffs has no respect for Nigerians, therefore they need to be thought lessons. Brother, please gather your concret évidences and take them to court and make sure they pay for all the damages they caused you.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2015
@OP -
that route is a drug-route, Lagos--Sao Paulo--Mexico.

use another airline cause Air Maroc ain't gonna board you.

they fear you may drop at Sao Paulo and enter brazil.

forget the holiday visa, dem sabi pass you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by henchamb(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2015
My first n last time with dat danfo airline was in 2012. I used it because it was my last option because i had an emergency. Poor service, etc

African airline abusing fellow Africans
Nsogbu adighi , thank God GMB is here to stay

6 Likes

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by rhames(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2015
this same maroc airways that destroyed the passport of another Nigerian last year at it again.

I don't know why we still patronise these Arab villagers who still believe the black man is still their slave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Od31(m): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2015
REALKINGSON:
Helo house
I booked a flight with Royal Air Maroc Airways from Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos to Sao Paulo Brazil with an onward confirmed ticket to Mexico through Avianca airline(i have a 6months Mexican tourist visa and was to transit within just 4 hours in Sao Paulo).
On the 23rd of March,I went to the airport to board with my ticket but to my utter dismay, I was denied boarding, Reason being that i needed a brazilian transit visa if i am to board with them(when initially I was informed I didn't need any transit visa before I paid for the ticket).As a result, I missed my flight on that 23rd March and had to pay my agent upto 400 USD for the rescheduling of the two flight tickets.
During this time, I went to the brazilian embassy to apply for the brazilian visa, but they gave me a letter with the signature of the brazilian consulate stating that I do not need a transit visa to transit through mexico even for upto 24 hours so far I am not leaving the airport.
I was happy and rescheduled my flight for this past monday (Easter monday) and went with the letter to the ALML officials who boards the air maroc flight and there again the letter from the brazilian consulate was thrown aside.And this time they showed me a message from the royal air maroc manager demanding that they should not board anyone without a brazil tourist visa, even if the person will transit through brazil for just an hour, and all these without a prior notice.
This have really caused me lots of damages and as it stands now, I swear to take them to court this coming week and will see to it they pay for the damages even I this is the last thing I did with my life

why not cancel the flight and get a refund and book another airline. Na only that airline they go Mexico? it may probably cost more, u are already spending more. so cancel, u will get a refund, they will only take administrative charges from ur moni. and go book another airline.

2 Likes

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by eagleeyez: 11:24am On Apr 09, 2015
REALKINGSON:
Helo house
I booked a flight with Royal Air Maroc Airways from Murtala Mohammed Airport Lagos to Sao Paulo Brazil with an onward confirmed ticket to Mexico through Avianca airline(i have a 6months Mexican tourist visa and was to transit within just 4 hours in Sao Paulo).
On the 23rd of March,I went to the airport to board with my ticket but to my utter dismay, I was denied boarding, Reason being that i needed a brazilian transit visa if i am to board with them(when initially I was informed I didn't need any transit visa before I paid for the ticket).As a result, I missed my flight on that 23rd March and had to pay my agent upto 400 USD for the rescheduling of the two flight tickets.
During this time, I went to the brazilian embassy to apply for the brazilian visa, but they gave me a letter with the signature of the brazilian consulate stating that I do not need a transit visa to transit through mexico even for upto 24 hours so far I am not leaving the airport.
I was happy and rescheduled my flight for this past monday (Easter monday) and went with the letter to the ALML officials who boards the air maroc flight and there again the letter from the brazilian consulate was thrown aside.And this time they showed me a message from the royal air maroc manager demanding that they should not board anyone without a brazil tourist visa, even if the person will transit through brazil for just an hour, and all these without a prior notice.
This have really caused me lots of damages and as it stands now, I swear to take them to court this coming week and will see to it they pay for the damages even I this is the last thing I did with my life

And u just balanced? Never ever accept nonsense in your life do u understand me! It affects your estemm

Please sue air maroc immediately!!!!! If not for anything, for those that will suffer and most especially for your self.

Sue them for not less than 100m .....please don't be scred and don't. Back down, you have a solid case

Kai I wish I was in lagos, I swear I for don take your case free sef!!!

Keep that embassy letter very well, the evidence of that $ 400 you paid and any other correspondence in fact every thing sef.
Wish u best of luck, donback down OOOOO that's heavy money for u to invest as well as teach them a lesson . Can they try that else where especialy with americans?
Bastards!!!

3 Likes

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by henchamb(m): 11:25am On Apr 09, 2015
rhames:
this same maroc airways that destroyed the passport of another Nigerian last year at it again.

I don't know why we still patronise these Arab villagers who still believe the black man is still their slave.

It was Egypt air not air maroc

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by EPOMA(m): 11:27am On Apr 09, 2015
That airline is crazy, bought a ticket with them to travel to europe, They checked us in and kept telling us flight is delayed fo an hour until 6 hours gone. they now took us to 3 different low standard hotels in Lagos where i met people that have been left by air maroc for the last 4 days ijn the hotel . So I decided on the same day to go back to the airport to get a letter from air maroc that they will refund me. They did give me the letter but the refund took 4 months. I was calling morroco every week as they said that it shows that i had travelled on that day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 09, 2015
tellwisdom:
Op, are you poor??...Didn't you see a better airline to take?? .. sad

somebody call yaba left , tellfoolish has gone mad

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by tellwisdom: 11:34am On Apr 09, 2015
aguiyi:

somebody call yaba left , tellfoolish has gone mad

You are one of the few reasons, I shoot people...oniranu angry

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Insightz(m): 11:36am On Apr 09, 2015
@REALKINGSON

The Nigerian situation can be challenging sometimes. I had near similar experiences, one with BA and the the other with Egypt Air. I travelled from amsterdam through Heathrow to abuja in november last year. On my return leg 4 days later, I was denied boarding because I needed a transit visa. I called the British Consulate and they confirmed it was so. I had to then apply for a transit visa. The annoying thing is that it was on a Tuesday and I had an appointment on Friday in the morning. Long story short, I rushed to the visa application centre and told them my predicament. An Angel in the form of a nice lady came to my rescue and took charge of the whole application procedure. She assured me I would get the visa the next day and lo and behold, by 11 am Wedanesday I was issued a transit visa. ohh my lovely angel!!

The Egypt air experience, was however strange, because they wanted to deny me boarding because the lady didnt understand the travelling documents. I insisted she get someone who could, she refused. I insisted and she called someone to come over. The man came and told me that I could not board. I stood my ground. Thankfully, another lady saved the situation and I barely made it.

Now my brother, there are two things must do. you need go to the emabssy and either get a visa or like @goofyone says, put both parties in communication. Believe me, whatever you do, they wont let you board, unless of course those people do not understand your travel documents.

As per you suing them, well, hope you have more money to spend because, you may not win the case. At best, they may offer you a refund or reschedule for free. Lastly, good luck and hope you find a solution quick enough.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by BabaO2: 11:37am On Apr 09, 2015
podosci:
Nigerians need to be respected and we demand it
This is why I cry when people talk about tribe or religion during an election, when outsiders want to discriminate, they don't care if you are IGBO, HAUSA OR YORUBA. All they see his an individual to be abused and exploited.
Once we are united, nobody can mess with us

We need to talk about tribe here, because a particular tribe is destroying the image of the country outside. I love the countries/airlines giving it to us hard. No one has asked the sympathetic poster his/ her mission in Brazil. Morocco as a country knows Nigeria as a country of liars as shown by president Jonathan himself lying that he spoke with Moroccan king whereas he did not.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Tvegas(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Sorry about your experience, i think you should have asked for full refund and book another airline with less hassle.
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by eagleeyez: 11:37am On Apr 09, 2015
EPOMA:
That airline is crazy, bought a ticket with them to travel to europe, They checked us in and kept telling us flight is delayed fo an hour until 6 hours gone. they now took us to 3 different low standard hotels in Lagos where i met people that have been left by air maroc for the last 4 days ijn the hotel . So I decided on the same day to go back to the airport to get a letter from air maroc that they will refund me. They did give me the letter but the refund took 4 months. I was calling morroco every week as they said that it shows that i had travelled on that day

People like u are the reason y air maroc is still misbehaving.

You allowed them off that easy ! Why ?

Now look, other people are suffering

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Sirnokiopee(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2015
same thing happened to me when i book Air Ekele dili Chuku from Sao Paulina to Sao Angelina. grin grin grin grin

JK... jusk kidding

@op... i guess you have a good case to sue them,but hope you have the resources and time.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by eagleeyez: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2015
BabaO2:

We need to talk about tribe here, because a particular tribe is destroying the image of the country outside. I love the countries/airlines giving it to us hard. No one has asked the sympathetic poster his/ her mission in Brazil. Morocco as a country knows Nigeria as a country of liars as shown by president Jonathan himself lying that he spoke with Moroccan king whereas he did not.

What are u stating!? Did u read his issue at all as well as other experiences!?

Are u now claiming that other stupid airlines like egypt air, air france and lufthansa do that because of. A certain tribe?

Please respect your self.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by lozanni(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
REALKINGSON:
Helo house

Testing.

Sorry about your missed flights and the inconviniences you suffered.
I wonder if there is any other Airline, apart from Royal Air Maroc you can take for your flight to Brazil?
The reason am asking this question is that currently, there exists a very frosty relationship between the Royal kingdom of Morroco and Nigeria due to the latter's diplomatic recognition of the Republic of Western Saharawi, which Morroco claims as part of its territory.
I guess that since the Airline belongs to the Royal Kingdom of Morroco, and not private Morrocan business interests, that they maybe out to make life unbearable for their Nigerian clients.
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 09, 2015
tellwisdom:

You are one of the few reasons, I shoot people...oniranu angry

you need Jesus
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by cescky(m): 11:50am On Apr 09, 2015
goofyone:

But bros, haba! This has nothing to do with being Nigerian or taking Nigerians for granted. Was initially miffed when I read the title, but honestly your content doesn't suggest that you are being attacked because you are Nigerian.

What you need to do is get the Brazilian consulate to call Royal Maroc directly and communicate the situation to them regarding the transit visa. Or to very well send an email to that man who issued the directive from Royal Maroc with you in copy. In other words, you need to get them to talk to each other. There's obviously a misunderstanding.

And if that still doesn't work finally, you could perhaps try another airline who are better aware of the no transit visa policy. There should be other airlines you can fly to Mehico. Trust me, if Royal Maroc could fly you they will. But airline companies get a lot of sh.i.t from countries when they don't comply with the rules, hence the fear. They could even lose their license to fly there, if not careful.

No sir..i dont totally agree with your point, you make it sound so easy, op time has been wasted, hes spent more, and been put under unnecessary discomfort due to no fault of his and hes supposed to just be calm , lie lie.....how does he get the brazilian consulate to call maroc? by going back to victoria island? or giving them a call on whose call units? besides that consulate will have Nigerians working there...God help you if its its a nigerian that may be required to make that call and such a person is not well cultured....youll beg for that call....sending email??(lol when you need to travel today tomorow and your require a response in mins....even banks that claim to respond in 48 hours fail talkless)
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by mmsen: 12:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
lozanni:

Testing.

I wonder if there is any other Airline, apart from Royal Air Maroc you can take for your flight to Brazil?
The reason am asking this question is that currently, there exists a very frosty relationship between the Royal kingdom of Morroco and Nigeria due to the latter's diplomatic recognition of the Republic of Western Saharawi, which Morroco claims as part of its territory.
I guess that since the Airline belongs to the Royal Kingdom of Morroco, and not private Morrocan business interests, that they maybe out to make life unbearable for their Nigerian clients.

There are several options.

Ethiopian Airlines fly to Sao Paulo - they are probably the best airline on the continent at the moment. Their staff are always good and they have proven to be reliable.

Etihad ply that same route. Great airline again.

Qatar Airways also.

Iberia do likewise.

Air Maroc is one of the last airlines that I would think of using, even before I heard this story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Moana(f): 12:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
CityNG:

They'll pay a huge fine if they transport passenger without the proper visa.
but the consulate told him its not required. The OP never mentioned immigrations having the issue, he claimed it was the airline

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Humulity: 12:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
REALKINGSON:
Helo house

Already your hard earned money is cooling off in their account,extra400 dollars for rescheduling, miscelleanous on transport and others, incoviences, mental and physical toture, time wasted and you are here speaking english. This opportunity for you to be a pacesetter, just get in touch with any good radical laywer; Femi Falana, Olisa Agbokoba or Festus Keyamo and Maroc Airline will pay through their nose. All these expatriate husslers dare not try that rubbish with anybody I know.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
lozanni:

Testing.

If they are using that as a pretext to punish the citizens(that is too primitive of the airlines) then the airlines should be f**king booted out of the country. I don't know why the citizens have to be systematically suffered for the action of their government in their own country. That is bullsh*t! Somebody should tell that Royal Air Maroc to f**King f**K off that country. The Nigerian leaders brought this on the people as well as grassroots criminally marauding the world destroying the image of the country. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
REALKINGSON:
They dare not.Nigerians need to stick as one and fight the common enemy which are the foreigners who wants to take the advantage of our not being in unity to treat us with disdain

Edit..I thank you all who shows sincere sympathy to my predicament.And for those who really want to know I want to make it clear and simple here.
My issue with air maroc is never the authenticity of my visas.I went personally to the mexican embassy to get my visa same way I also did went to the brazilian consulate for the transit visa.So the suspicion of me having a fake visa should never come in as I am never a fan of all these selfish agents who doesn't care about your welfare but their pockets.The reason why I even used an agent for my ticket was because I wanted to book an air france flight to mexico online but they demanded I gets a french transit visa, which I applied for through VFS and was denied without a reason.
Moreover, I am not planning on staying for more than a week in mexico as I have a booming business here in Nigeria. I booked a return flight ticket from lagos to mexico which cost me about 470, 000.I also paid for a return ticket from Mexico city to ciudad juarez which is my final destination. And I also have an invitation letter from a Mexican family whom I am going to visit.so the thought or suspicion of me being a poor nigerian seeking to run out or to go carry drugs as some people suggest here makes me want to cry. I have really passed through so much emotional pain all these while, being denied boarding two times after you thought you've done all that is required of you can cause a chronic depression
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by donttouch: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2015
Come on guy, get a good lawyer for urself
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Moana:
but the consulate told him its not required. The OP never mentioned immigrations having the issue, he claimed it was the airline

Yes, but each company has their own policy and the right to refuse service.

OP has no case and is frankly dence, IMHO.

He was specifically asked to get a transit visa but came back with a letter. Are those the same?

Gate agents don't make the policy. The letter would have had to go to the airlines head office and then the revised policy sent to all the airport offices.

OP did not do his homework and has no legal leg to stand on.

If he does sue, which he won't, he should post the verdict.

PS: Nigerians, please vote with your money. Don't patronize companies and/or countries that are being difficult.

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by 989900: 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Check with a lawyer and another IATA certified travel agent.

They either pay up, or take them to court.

Life of a black man . . . "ur not even a neegar".
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by 989900: 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
CityNG:

He was specifically asked to get a transit visa but came back with a letter. Are those the same?

Gate agents don't make the policy. The letter would have had to go to the airlines head office and then the revised policy sent to all the airport offices.

PS: Nigerians, please vote with your money. Don't patronize companies and/or countries that are being difficult.

There are IATA rules.

You only need to do a third of what the named airline has done, to be slammed behind the bars in a any local Police station for OBT.
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Moana(f): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
CityNG:

1 Like

Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
Insightz:
@REALKINGSON

The Nigerian situation can be challenging sometimes. I had near similar experiences, one with BA and the the other with Egypt Air. I travelled from amsterdam through Heathrow to abuja in november last year. On my return leg 4 days later, I was denied boarding because I needed a transit visa. I called the British Consulate and they confirmed it was so. I had to then apply for a transit visa. The annoying thing is that it was on a Tuesday and I had an appointment on Friday in the morning. Long story short, I rushed to the visa application centre and told them my predicament. An Angel in the form of a nice lady came to my rescue and took charge of the whole application procedure. She assured me I would get the visa the next day and lo and behold, by 11 am Wedanesday I was issued a transit visa. ohh my lovely angel!!

The Egypt air experience, was however strange, because they wanted to deny me boarding because the lady didnt understand the travelling documents. I insisted she get someone who could, she refused. I insisted and she called someone to come over. The man came and told me that I could not board. I stood my ground. Thankfully, another lady saved the situation and I barely made it.

Now my brother, there are two things must do. you need go to the emabssy and either get a visa or like @goofyone says, put both parties in communication. Believe me, whatever you do, they wont let you board, unless of course those people do not understand your travel documents.

As per you suing them, well, hope you have more money to spend because, you may not win the case. At best, they may offer you a refund or reschedule for free. Lastly, good luck and hope you find a solution quick enough.

An astute post.

OP needs to provide what the airline asked for, a transit visa, and stop prancing around with a letter.

Thanks.
Re: Royal Air Maroc Airways Are Taking Nigerians For Fools And Needs To Be Scrapped by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=Moana post=32518332][/quote]

Is this from the airline company? NO.

It doesn't matter if Pope John Paul puts up a website, only the airlines policy is in effect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man, 4 Children Crushed To Death In Benue By Overspeeding Toyota Picnic Bus. Pic / Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again / 6 Reasons Nigerians Should Visit Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.