Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again (27243 Views)

LASG Announces Diversion For Installation Of Truck Barrier At Dorman-Long Bridge / LASG Announces Diversion At Ojuelegba For Repair Of Truck Barrier / Bridge Linking Gombe, Adamawa & Borno Has Been Damaged (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2023
Kazlaw @kazlaw01

New barrier that was fixed overnight has been destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASo2LBmo59M?si=RsbQyI5ndezkMI4N

@followlastma @Mr_JAGs @lagospedia

Credit: @kazlaw01

Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

We have the driver and the truck, it happened this early morning.
@Mr_JAGs

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
The new truck barrier was installed early in August in response to a series of truck accidents on the Ojuelegba Flyover. The Lagos State Government had run a poll on its social media handles and respondents had advised that it should ban trucks from using the flyover.

LASG Diverts Traffic On Funsho Williams Avenue To Install Truck Barriers

The barrier was damaged at the beginning of September when a gas truck ran into it.

Lagos Fire Service Averts Danger From Leaking Gas Truck

The government repaired the barrier last weekend.

LASG Announces Diversion At Ojuelegba For Repair Of Truck Barrier

And it has been damaged again.

4th picture: The truck barrier that was erected in August.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
I'd like to see how they'll enforce it because this is not the first time that a government is banning trucks from the flyovers in Lagos.

naptu2:
This truck accident at Ojuelegba has reminded me of the part of Bola Tinubu's war with the NURTW that I rarely write about. I have often written about the City Bus experiment, the war against agberos, the MOT issue, etc. but I rarely write about this part of the problem.

Governor Bola Tinubu decided that Danfos were one of the major causes of traffic jams on Lagos roads and that it was very dangerous for heavy duty vehicles to ply the many flyovers in the city, so he erected overhead bars at the entrances to most of the flyovers in Lagos.

You see, danfo buses usually convert the entrances to these flyovers into bus stops, which cause traffic jams and delay other road users, while heavy duty vehicles cause a huge strain on the flyovers and quite often fall off the bridges. Private vehicles, which are shorter than the buses and trucks, would be able to freely use the flyovers, while the buses and trucks would use the road below.

However, NURTW agberos, bus and truck drivers did not like this idea. Quite often drivers of heavy duty vehicles used their vehicles to destroy the overhead bars, while agberos and other thugs cut the bars in the middle of the night. The government often spent a lot of money replacing these bars until one day it finally gave up and stopped replacing them.

We are experiencing a similar problem in Lekki Phase 1. LCC built a pedestrian bridge to enable people cross the expressway. They also erected a metal fence in the median of the expressway to stop people running across and endangering their lives. You will not believe the number of times that people have destroyed that fence. LCC also stationed Man O War officials to arrest people that are jaywalking (or jayrunning), but this has not stopped the problem. People still destroyed the fence in the middle of the night. Now it seems like LCC have given up. They haven't replaced the fence in quite a while.

naptu2:
Aha! This is what I was referring to. Luckily I've gotten a picture of it from Google maps.

The Bola Tinubu Administration put up these barriers to stop trucks and buses from using the flyover. It was not the first administration to do so. I know that a previous administration put up much larger and stronger barriers in the 1970s, but I can't remember who was governor at the time.

This particular barrier is at the flyover at Jibowu and it was put up by the Tinubu Administration, but see what is left of it. I remember clearly that this barrier was replaced several times when Tinubu was governor, but people kept removing it. All that is left is the posts. Every single time that it was replaced, people kept cutting off the barrier and leaving those two posts. They kept doing it until it got to a point that the government got fed up and left it like that.

You can see the yellow and black posts on either side of the road just before the bridge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
This is the Ojuelegba Flyover. The same flyover from which the truck fell. You can see the yellow posts on the left and right (just above the minibus), but the barrier has been cut and removed.

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by naptu2: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
Previous threads about the frequent accidents at Ojuelegba Bridge.

Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos
https://www.nairaland.com/7546032/container-falls-fully-loaded-bus

Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge.
https://www.nairaland.com/7059798/truck-falls-off-ojuelegba-bridge

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos)
https://www.nairaland.com/5174717/container-falls-off-ojuelegba-bridge

The Reports Of The Accident At Ojuelegba Under Bridge
https://www.nairaland.com/4571949/reports-accident-ojuelegba-under-bridge

Truck Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge Again Due To Brake Failure
https://www.nairaland.com/3556885/truck-falls-ojuelegba-bridge-again

Truck Tumbles On A Bridge At Abalti Barracks This Morning
https://www.nairaland.com/2841108/truck-tumbles-bridge-abalti-barracks

Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos)
https://www.nairaland.com/2571336/container-fell-down-ojuelegba-bridge

and so on and so forth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

End
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by joseph1832(m): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by silvoclaira: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
Dammmn
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by felong(m): 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria where nothing works.
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Authoreety: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ehen na...

Are u surprised...?

It's ojuelegba na
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Stevenson20: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
Na mad people full Lagos

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by azpekuliar: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
They should try concrete.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by princeemmma(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
very useless people

I have said it severally, truck drivers are the cause of road damage, accident in our Major road

They drive recklessly, i can imagine a truck driver without break

An event happened in my area last week, about 5 people died due to the fact that the reckless driver does not have a good break

I think the government needs to do something with this truck driver, probably they start brain check from most of them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by morikee: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
Kazlaw @kazlaw01

Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

@Mr_JAGs

oju elegba... dey collect wotwoto steady! well na bigman buy market, JULIUS B. dem go take am do 5
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by FalseProphet1(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
The altar in ojuelegba is very powerful because unlike other altars in Surulere that drinks ogogoro or palm oil, this one drinks human blood.

I would therefore advise commuters to stay away from ojuelegba to avoid further tragedies.

This I have seen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by battlemant: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2023
ah ah. Who now went to damage fine barrier that they just set up angry
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by smokanabizz(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
I regret been born here
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by cocolacec(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
naptu2:
Kazlaw @kazlaw01

Jubril A. Gawat @Mr_JAGs

@Mr_JAGs

The truck driver and his employer should pay for the repairs.

2 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Adebaba1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
This is very bad
Government must catch the culprits and prosecute them

7 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
These Truck Drivers have an assignment to balance their account and meet a target. Many of them are not happy about the barrier.

1 Like

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by MorataFC: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Dbestbrest: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
That's Julius Berger truck! They must pay heavy fine after making them to repair it. This is why we think government is not doing enough. Immediately they repair something, some people will go and damage it. Just the same way some miscreants went to the new Niger bridge to remove the expansion joints the other day before they were caught. Nigerians are too destructive joo

7 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by princeade86(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
Fake repair
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Askmewhy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lagos government didn't construct it well and that was why they were able to destroy it. Come to Ujogba /Ogwa Road, off Igieduma -Auchi Road and come and learn how Obaseki constructed barricade with big big stone. Sanwo olu should quickly call obaseki and get idea on how to get it done.

3 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by dododawa1: 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2023
Eko for show
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by robinfemi: 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
Cheap cheap metal cheesy

Make them try em with the one in AKUNGBA AKOKO in Ondo State grin

The driver will regret his life cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by rickleye: 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
The solution are

1. Install signs informing trucks that fines are N20,000 if trucks are seen on the bridge.

2 Get traffic cops in rotation 2 for 6 hours , for 24hours.

8 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by midehi2(f): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by Femich18(m): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2023
This our lagos drivers ehen. Anyway I'm not surprise many Nigerians have this destructive spirit in them

3 Likes

Re: Ojuelegba Truck Barrier That Was Repaired Last Weekend Has Been Damaged Again by FreeStuffsNG: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
Great job by the vigilant officers. He will fix it back, be prosecuted, lose his driver's license and the truck confiscated.

This is Lagos. A kin gba gbere at all. If your
head is not correct, stay back in your village o. Check my signature for free stuffs!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man, 4 Children Crushed To Death In Benue By Overspeeding Toyota Picnic Bus. Pic / Umuocham Road Aba Flooded After Rainfall Today (video) / Rehabilitation Of Sango-Ota Road By Ogun State And FG Begins (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.