Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,627 members, 7,851,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

Is This True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This True? (616 Views)

Muslims Is This True? / Muslims, Is This True? / Is This True: Your Tithe Is Not Your Seed -Pst TT Edun Of CEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True? by purplepetal: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
God says Jacob i love Esau i hate,this has made many people believe God hate them.There are many people who do not do well in all their endeavour and as a result they have concluded that God hate,he intensionally withold money from them through this they have bitter heart against God their creator.Come to think of it,is God patial as many people believe?i once write an article on this in my blog (cashmates.wordpress)you can read later.But my point of discussion here is to ask you.Is God patial?some people have money some do not,God gives children to some he doesnt give to some,He allow some to be healthy while some are languishing in various deadly diseases and sicknesses.is God patial?
Re: Is This True? by no2fuks(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
some ppl are born poor in hell where the chances of making it out is low without connecting or bar :Psome ppl are born poor in hell where the chances of making it out is low without connecting or bar
Re: Is This True? by Scholar8200(m): 8:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello OP, GOD is not partial! When God said that concerning Esau and Jacob, HE was speaking purely with respect to HIS plan for the coming of the Messiah! The word, 'hated' as used in Matthew 6:24 shows a kind of choice and not murderous or malicious hatred. Just like there were many virgins in Israel but God chose Mary. I see it as a kind of destiny or purpose: GOD choosing to do something with one of HIS creatures and we cant question HIM; you have yours too. However, we need to understand that there are some general blessings which HE gives at varying degrees subject to HIS Wisdom and Power but with our ultimate good in mind. Somebody said sometimes GOD will not do in HIS Wisdom what HE could in HIS Power. But this issue of choice does not cover things like Eternal destiny because the Bible reveals that GOD does not want anybody to perish but to come to repentance 2Peter 3:9 and faith in Christ. Also, we are free moral agents and GOD will not force HIS will on us hence even if HE does not want us to perish, people still do because they choose to. See from the Beginning, GOD made man to have this right to choose and till now, HE has not withdrawn that right from us. Concerning Judas Iscariot, yes there was a prophecy, but Peter did something similar but chose to repent, Judas refused to but hanged himself. Judas had the opportunity that Peter had. How about the thief on the cross, nothing stopped the other thief from calling on Jesus too like his mate but he chose to revile Christ.
Re: Is This True? by purplepetal: 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
hi scholar,i agree with you,but can you hear no2fuk,what do you think about what he say..
Re: Is This True? by Scholar8200(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Well I like to refer to the scriptures: See Deuteronomy 15:4,7,11. On the surface it seems like contradiction but a careful look will accentuate my initial post. In verse 4 God clearly reveals HIS desire and HIS provision and that is why verse 7 starts with an 'if' showing condition not necessity. GOD's perfect will is to bless such that there will be no poor but some might choose to be either due to ignorance, wrong attitude etc and verse 11 is GOD's verdict on what should be the attitude to such people who will be poor not because HE made them so or they were born so but because they chose to 'take life as it came'.Also see 1Corinth 7:21,23.
Re: Is This True? by purplepetal: 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
thnk you jare scholar,looking at it physically,there are certain things the rich do that make them more rich and there are things the poor do that make them remain poor.Esau chose to be poor and so he was,jacob chose to be wealthy and he was wealthy.God does create anybody to be poor.He is capable to make everyone of us on this earth wealthy.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/04/15 / Marrying An Unbeliever. From A Christain And Muslim Perspective / Billy Graham’s Grandson Resigns From Florida Megachurch After Cheating On Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.