Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State (80785 Views)

See What Some Hunters Caught / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys / Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by makavalley(m): 9:35am On Nov 26, 2022
This is your own point of view but remember the hunter can channel his energy into farming and other things to feed his family not destroying the few game reserves left, you must not eat everything ...when you sit and watch animal documentary doesn't it make sense to you? If the other worlds killed all thier lions , hyenas, elephants, what would you have seen? Do you know how much they generate from wildlife alone ?
NamuNamumallam:
You are the fool here.
Who have you helped all your life.
Can you feed that hunter and his family for a year?
You don't want wildlife to on extinction but you want the hunter and his family to go into extinction by hunger.
Shage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by WhiteRuler: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2022
2015 thread making front page today?

Forget it. Obi has won.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by ObiLamba: 9:36am On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:
Unlike pigs that produce up to 20 piglets per litter, those beautiful antelopes rarely produce more than one or two per litter.

So they are really in serious danger of extinction. Unlike pigs/boar that eat lots of things, they are very picky herbivores and they need thick forests too.

With deforestation, the risk is compounded. Our grandkids may never see living ones if we don't stop killing them.

Chicken & catfish mass produced are becoming cheaper to buy now.

We need to preserve these animals for tourism when we run out of oil/gas.

If you see a hippo coming ur direction and you have a gun in your hand will you say, oh,
Our grandkids may never see living ones if we don't stop killing them.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 9:38am On Nov 26, 2022
DropsMic:

Clear case of Mental blindness…

The whites can afford to overlook the animals in their forests because they are not suffering from starvation, they are also gainfully employed. No be the same rule they guide the white and black race.

Next time before you talk try reason
Rubbish.

Even from the time of King George, hunting was a moderated industry because they were aware killing game willy-nilly would deplete their abundance and in no time there would be nothing.

It's just common sense.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by BRATISLAVA: 9:38am On Nov 26, 2022
Very deadly looking carcass.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tabaralph: 9:39am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:
angry When will this fools called hunters will realize that all this animal are gradually going into extinction

While the white are busy looking for were to preserve this endangered species we black enjoy killing them for money and merry undecided

I wonder what will happen when the hunters kill all of them.........I guess they will start hunting fellow humans undecided

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere please preserve our wild animals from all this blood sucking demons called hunters angry undecided embarassed

Hunting expeditions has been existing even during the colonial era and the animals still multiply in folds, you might be right with some endangered species though but trust me local hunting can never stop
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2022
Peppysco:

Awon animal right advocate,I'm 100% sure that you're not a vegetarian, so, whatever happens to all the beef, goat meat, fish, chicken and turkey that you eat, aren't you concerned about their wellbeing as well?
Una sha must copy Oyinbo style all of the time.
Just so you know, these animals have the natural ability to regenerate, so, they're not going into extinction.

Animal husbandry means those animals reared would never run out.

In fact, we have more cows and poultry now than ever in the history of mankind.

Some of these things don't require genius to understand.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2022
sod09:
Does wild pig still exist shocked
Go to Yankari, you will see them, not one or two, you will see them in numbers grazing close to the reception.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Advision: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:

Even if they caused problems, indiscriminate shooting is bad. Controlling them should be done cautiously.
Back in the day, during holiday visits to the village, hunters and trappers used to hunt wild pigs, deers & antelopes easily. Traps caught many too.

But now they are hard to come by.

Those monitor lizards, it should be a crime killing them.

Pork is widely available now to buy.

Happy to see we have many pro-conservationist on this thread. This is not about scarcity of food because it cost more to purchase than a goat or domesticated pig, it is also not about economic empowerment for the hunter because they are very poor people and it is dangerous work.

If you leave it to politicians, these animals would be extinct before the next generation because they don't even care much about the lives of even the humans in the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Optmus(m): 9:41am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:
angry When will this fools called hunters will realize that all this animal are gradually going into extinction

While the white are busy looking for were to preserve this endangered species we black enjoy killing them for money and merry undecided

I wonder what will happen when the hunters kill all of them.........I guess they will start hunting fellow humans undecided

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere please preserve our wild animals from all this blood sucking demons called hunters angry undecided embarassed

People have to eat first before thinking of animals to preserve.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by makavalley(m): 9:41am On Nov 26, 2022
Don't mind them very funny, hungry uneducated, myopic mind set of people they eat anything in the wild they don't understand game reserves, animals in extinction and what wildlife preservation could generate.
Pavore9:
Nigerians and bushmeat! Conservation is not in our dictionary! l give it to Kenya as you dare not try this in that Country as such animals na government pikin. Even if you see them destroying your property you still have no right to touch them, all you have to do is inform the Kenyan Wildlife Service and they come assess the damages and pay you compensation.

lt is only the Kenyan Wildlife Service that that have the right to kill such animals subject to their discretion. Kenya annually makes billions of dollars from wildlife conservation as TV stations like Discovery Channel, National Geography pay millions of dollars to shoot their wildlife documentaries here not to talk of regular tourists who fly in for safaris. l know if the maasai mara was in Nigeria the hundreds of thousand of the wild animals there would have ended up in our pots as bushmeat! When they migrate it is a beauty to behold, people fly in from all over the world to view it .One really need to experience their migration to really appreciate wildlife

Kenyans are taught from their primary school level that the wildlife is their national heritage and foreign exchange earner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by alizma: 9:43am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

You people will keep borrowing languages from all these white people. These things are created to be what they are and will be replaced accordingly when their time is over, you only talk about what is going into extinction, how many times do you talk about the threat of what is coming into existence or new animals/things being discovered on daily basis? What doing think would have happen if dinosaurs are to be everywhere till date?
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Nobleou(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2022
Africa and animals killing eeh...

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 9:46am On Nov 26, 2022
alizma:

You people will keep borrowing languages from all these white people. These things are created to be what they are and will be replaced accordingly when their time is over, you only talk about what is going into extinction, how many times do you talk about the threat of what is coming into existence or new animals/things being discovered on daily basis? What doing think would have happen if dinosaurs are to be everywhere till date?

Which new animals are being discovered daily?

You mean a species that was considered extinct or near extinct but later found to have a small colony still available?
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by babaowambe: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2022
There are millions of them in the USA causing billions in damages they multiply very fast, they are trying to get reduce their population

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2022
ObiLamba:

If you see a hippo coming ur direction and you have a gun in your hand will you say, oh,
Our grandkids may never see living ones if we don't stop killing them.

There's a difference when you kill to survive being killed.

No one would jail you if armed robbers came into your home and in defending yourself you killed one.

That's completely different from killing a random human being .
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by dochenaj: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

It is the man with a full stomach that appreciates that some animals are going into extinction.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by goslowgoslow(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2022
sod09:
Does wild pig still exist shocked
That is a hog! Africans call it wild pig.

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by obedience4(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2022
obstead200:
long stories.
how much do u ever think we can make from tourism even if we have all the species in the world?
honestly speaking, extinction of some breed of animals is one of the smallest problems we in naija shud bother our brains with. As far as this issue is concerned, I am only concerned with rapid deforestation especially when it is carried out for estate development rather than for agricultural purposes.
keeping those animals alive can hardly put food on our table (cos we all know they can hardly survive if they are bred under captivity as farm animals) meanwhile, preserving our agricultural land and developing agricultural practices (both animal husbandry (for farmable animals) and crop husbandry) can certainly guarantee food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by lolu2019: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

oga,nah survival.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Konjiboii: 9:51am On Nov 26, 2022
obstead200:
long stories.
how much do u ever think we can make from tourism even if we have all the species in the world?
honestly speaking, extinction of some breed of animals is one of the smallest problems we in naija shud bother our brains with. As far as this issue is concerned, I am only concerned with rapid deforestation especially when it is carried out for estate development rather than for agricultural purposes.
keeping those animals alive can hardly put food on our table (cos we all know they can hardly survive if they are bred under captivity as farm animals) meanwhile, preserving our agricultural land and developing agricultural practices (both animal husbandry (for farmable animals) and crop husbandry) can certainly guarantee food.

They both go hand in hand both animals and plants.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by goslowgoslow(m): 9:52am On Nov 26, 2022
tabaralph:

Hunting expeditions has been existing even during the colonial era and the animals still multiply in folds, you might be right with some endangered species though but trust me local hunting can never stop
Even in America till today hunting is allowed..
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Even in America till today hunting is allowed..

It is moderated.

You can't just kill willy nilly.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Zonefree(m): 9:54am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

Shut up! Did you meet dinosaurs? No be for picture you know wetin be dinosaur? If we kill pigs finish for this country, our children's children will get to know about wild pigs on papers too.

Any wild animal that trespass must be killed and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it!

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Ruwaha: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

You deliberately set yourself up for bashing.

Animal hunting has been going on since the dawn of time.

Are we to blame for the extinction of sabertooth tigers or mamooth elephant or Dinosaurs.

Get your facts right and don't come to a public space and insult your ancestors
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by DropsMic(m): 9:58am On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

Rubbish.

Even from the time of King George, hunting was a moderated industry because they were aware killing game willy-nilly would deplete their abundance and in no time there would be nothing.

It's just common sense.

The only reason you called what i wrote rubbish is because you are a typical black man. It’s widely known that the typical black man is incapable of empathy. It’s the very reason our continent is a shithole.

I wasn’t alive during George’s time, but i can tell you this for free, the people he was ruling over weren’t as wretched as Nigerians….

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by generalwo(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2022
anayolity:

The Meat you go to the market to buy do you complain of cow or goat extinction??

Why we too like hypocrisy for this country
... Common, don't be naive...

Cows are predominantly bred for meat.....

Wild animals are meant to stay in the wild and not used for meat.

Chickens, turkeys, goats, cattle... Etc are all bred for meat....

Hippos, monkeys, wild boars... They are wild animals and should be left in the wild.

How will you feel if cannibals come to your home, whisk you away just to prepare you as meat....

That's the same thing we are doing to these animals...

We go to their homes, kill them and make them go extinct...

This is wrong and should be condemned in the strongest possible terms!!!

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Horokrox: 10:02am On Nov 26, 2022
Romanoff:
Either a wild boar or a warthog.
Wild Boar are native to Temperate regions(Europe Siberia) unlike Warthogs who inhabit the Savannah and Grasslands of Africa undecided

1 Like

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Romanoff(f): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2022
Horokrox:
Wild Boar are native to Temperate regions(Europe Siberia) unlike Warthogs who inhabit the Savannah and Grasslands of Africa undecided

I've never heard of a warthog in Nigeria sha.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Asour: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

Americans & Europeans also go for hunting as hobbies. This guys do it to sustain themselves.

These animals are not at risk.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 26, 2022
Nothing is more dangerous to the creation of earth than humans. We have been killing animals and getting some extinct for generations and in those big so called advanced countries, they have in their Arsenals bumbs that are capable of wiping out every living things on earth and I swear they will be used one day.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) / Poultry Battery Cages For Sale In Nigeria / A Leopard-Like Creature Killed In A Public School In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.