Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State (80781 Views)

See What Some Hunters Caught / Monster Fish Killed By Two Nairaland Guys / Livestock Production: Fisheries, Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Sheep And Goats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2022
This is what illegal
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2022
DropsMic:

The only reason you called what i wrote rubbish is because you are a typical black man. It’s widely known that the typical black man is incapable of empathy. It’s the very reason our continent is a shithole.

I wasn’t alive during George’s time, but i can tell you this for free, the people he was ruling over weren’t as wretched as Nigerians….

Another lie.

Scurvy and diseases relating malnutrition were commonplace.

Stop looking for excuses up and down.

Conservationism is philosophy all of us should embrace.

Hunting should be moderated and licensed.

Hunting season for different species should be known and a calendar should be published for those interested.

I'm sure you would argue against it.

Just watch.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2022
Lanretoye:
thats how you sit behind a keypad and call your great grandfathers fools,your children's children will do you too.
killing of animals is illegal... The world has gone beyond that.

Get that into your head
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by alizma: 10:15am On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

Which new animals are being discovered daily?

You mean a species that was considered extinct or near extinct but later found to have a small colony still available?
Call it whatever you choose. A new discovering is what it is and it is an additional to the existing ones. Incase this is not cleared to you, type new animals discovered in 2022 alone on Google and see for yourself.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 10:15am On Nov 26, 2022
alizma:

Call it whatever you choose. A new discovering is what it is and it is an additional to the existing ones. Incase this is not cleared to you, type new animals discovered in 2022 alone on Google and see for yourself.

OP.

Off point.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by sukar886: 10:18am On Nov 26, 2022
This Hunter don cash out big time
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by meedoLock(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2022
There are some things that are naturally uncontrollable in which hunting is one of them. Hunting as we know it is arguably the oldest job on Earth.

The first man naturally venture into thick animal hunting for food and preservation. Most people suggesting animal extinction as a result of hunting them don't get their facts right. I mean, we eat all sorts of eatable fleshy animals everyday and we will still continue to do so. Of course government design a game that is out of bound for unregistered hunters to kill.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by TheOgaBoss: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2022
stagger:

Feral pigs are very prolific breeders and they are nowhere near to extinction. You need to see the damage they are causing in Australia, Hamburg (Germany) and other places where their populations have gone unchecked. You should do more research before making your pronouncements.
but the pig is not the only item shown in the picture above?
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Chinny024(f): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2022
shocked cool
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by YINKS89(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2022
That is not a pig but a warthog
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Bobbiee: 10:28am On Nov 26, 2022
Hmph. Are they hunting in our forest reserves? I thought that place was reserved for our wild animals to roam free?
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Jchi9876: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:
angry When will this fools called hunters will realize that all this animal are gradually going into extinction

While the white are busy looking for were to preserve this endangered species we black enjoy killing them for money and merry undecided

I wonder what will happen when the hunters kill all of them.........I guess they will start hunting fellow humans undecided

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere please preserve our wild animals from all this blood sucking demons called hunters angry undecided embarassed

Shatap your mouth. Gos gave them the animals to subdue. He never said they will go extinct. Make hunger kill them abi msbeeew
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by sexy74(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:
angry When will this fools called hunters will realize that all this animal are gradually going into extinction

While the white are busy looking for were to preserve this endangered species we black enjoy killing them for money and merry undecided

I wonder what will happen when the hunters kill all of them.........I guess they will start hunting fellow humans undecided

#BabaNowThatYouAreThere please preserve our wild animals from all this blood sucking demons called hunters angry undecided embarassed
Na when you choo belle full you go dey think about preserving animals.
Hungry is in the land so people see it as a free gift of nature.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 10:33am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

The whites hunt and fish many times more than you do. I don't know where you guys got the idea that whites don't hunt. Hunting is not among the 100000 biggest problems in this world.
The Irony of it all, despite all the hunting, Africa is still the number 1 place for wildlife tourism.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by ObiLamba: 10:34am On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

There's a difference when you kill to survive being killed.

No one would jail you if armed robbers came into your home and in defending yourself you killed one.

That's completely different from killing a random human being .
Have you not read in the bible where it was said to peter arise, kill and eat
Attached is a pixture of processed purcupine and what we call keke in yoruba.
These bushmeats have heavenly taste. A trial will convince you

Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by themanderon: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2022
sod09:
Does wild pig still exist shocked

It is called a warthog. It is that character called pumba in the lion king if you have watched the cartoon. Very deadly and can attack and kill a man.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by budusky05(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

Preserve them and eat what exactly? Food wey God give us you are here saying we should preserve it.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 10:38am On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:
Unlike pigs that produce up to 20 piglets per litter, those beautiful antelopes rarely produce more than one or two per litter.

So they are really in serious danger of extinction. Unlike pigs/boar that eat lots of things, they are very picky herbivores and they need thick forests too.

With deforestation, the risk is compounded. Our grandkids may never see living ones if we don't stop killing them.

Chicken & catfish mass produced are becoming cheaper to buy now.

We need to preserve these animals for tourism when we run out of oil/gas.
Hunting is not the problem. All we need is to create reserves where hunting would not be allowed. Again everyone should not eat Chicken and catfish. It's crazy to dictate what another man must eat.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2022
They have killed Pumba
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 10:41am On Nov 26, 2022
Pavore9:
Nigerians and bushmeat! Conservation is not in our dictionary! l give it to Kenya as you dare not try this in that Country as such animals na government pikin. Even if you see them destroying your property you still have no right to touch them, all you have to do is inform the Kenyan Wildlife Service and they come assess the damages and pay you compensation.

lt is only the Kenyan Wildlife Service that that have the right to kill such animals subject to their discretion. Kenya annually makes billions of dollars from wildlife conservation as TV stations like Discovery Channel, National Geography pay millions of dollars to shoot their wildlife documentaries here not to talk of regular tourists who fly in for safaris. l know if the maasai mara was in Nigeria the hundreds of thousand of the wild animals there would have ended up in our pots as bushmeat! When they migrate it is a beauty to behold, people fly in from all over the world to view it .One really need to experience their migration to really appreciate wildlife

Kenyans are taught from their primary school level that the wildlife is their national heritage and foreign exchange earner.
Do you really think they don't hunt in Kenya? Do you think Kenyans don't eat bush meat?
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 10:42am On Nov 26, 2022
ObiLamba:

Have you not read in the bible where it was said to peter arise, kill and eat
Attached is a pixture of processed purcupine and what we call keke in yoruba.
These bushmeats have heavenly taste. A trial will convince you

I have never said people shouldn't hunt and kill.

I'm against indiscriminate and unmoderated killing of "Bush meat".
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by MideMrPossible: 10:43am On Nov 26, 2022
That's what they call Turuku
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 10:44am On Nov 26, 2022
Baroba:
The western part of Nigeria is so blessed with thick forest unlike the east. It's your heritage, preserve the animals and plants that live in it.

The other day it was a harmless civet cat, only God knows how many more were slaughtered that we hardly hear of.

Nigeria should introduce hunting seasons so animals are not killed when the are breeding.
First, solve the hunger problem. It's inhumane to tell a hungry man not to hunt. As much as I love animals, I care about humans a lot more. In Europe and America, hunting is a sport while in Africa, it is a necessity.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 10:53am On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

There's a difference when you kill to survive being killed.

No one would jail you if armed robbers came into your home and in defending yourself you killed one.

That's completely different from killing a random human being .
Come oh, are you talking about killing animals for food or killing human beings? There is nothing wrong with hunting oga. What we should do is have animal sanctuaries where these animals would be protected. Don't forget that even animals hunt each other. Hunting is just so natural.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by InvertedHammer: 10:54am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

/

Will life cease to exist if they go extinct?

Many things have gone extinct and here we are.

/
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 10:55am On Nov 26, 2022
tctrills:

Come oh, are you talking about killing animals for food or killing human beings? There is nothing wrong with hunting oga. What we should do is have animal sanctuaries where these animals would be protected. Don't forget that even animals hunt each other. Hunting is just so natural.

Read through my posts.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Exceed15: 10:57am On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:
Unlike pigs that produce up to 20 piglets per litter, those beautiful antelopes rarely produce more than one or two per litter.

So they are really in serious danger of extinction. Unlike pigs/boar that eat lots of things, they are very picky herbivores and they need thick forests too.

With deforestation, the risk is compounded. Our grandkids may never see living ones if we don't stop killing them.

Chicken & catfish mass produced are becoming cheaper to buy now.

We need to preserve these animals for tourism when we run out of oil/gas.

Abegii...
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by tctrills: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2022
Golan007:

Read through my posts.
Oga I reacted to what I read. I have noticed that many of you clearly those that are a bit well off come online to condemn whenever you see animals being hunted. For many of you who are better than your neighbors, it's very easy to condemn. But for the 133 million Nigerians living in poverty, hunting is just another noble profession.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by Golan007: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2022
tctrills:

Oga I reacted to what I read. I have noticed that many of you clearly those that are a bit well off come online to condemn whenever you see animals being hunted. For many of you who are better than your neighbors, it's very easy to condemn. But for the 133 million Nigerians living in poverty, hunting is just another noble profession.

I said go through my posts.

If you have not read through my posts stop bothering me.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by wolebest: 11:04am On Nov 26, 2022
ALAYORMII:
“We have been killing wild animals, we have never killed this kind of pig before. It has the capability of killing even a human being if it first sights him or her” the hunters reported.

Report got to us that this wild pig was not the game aimed but eventually it happens to be the biggest catch of today.

Credit: Afrobadoo

A Warthog is not a deadly animal.

It will ordinarily defend itself and offspring if cornered.
Re: See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State by soliddust2020: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2022
kodded:

You know nothing wild pigs and antelope are games everywhere in the world. They breed very fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Giant African Snails Force US Town Into Quarantine (pic) / Poultry Battery Cages For Sale In Nigeria / A Leopard-Like Creature Killed In A Public School In Lagos (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.