Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

[picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos (10401 Views)

Reason Why Buhari Is The Real Problem Of Nigeria's Current Situation / Nigeria At 56 - The Real Problem With Nigeria Is Not Corruption, Stupidity Is. / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by maestroferddi: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Chanchit:

I don't know why all the hediots quoting me have no reasonable objection, is it by force to quote!?
Your miserable life will do with some lift if you limit yourself to talking what you are conversant with.

As in quoting you?

A brain transplant is what you need badly now...
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Chanchit: 9:22am On Apr 09, 2015
maestroferddi:
Your miserable life will do with some lift if you limit yourself to talking what you are conversant with.

As in quoting you?

A brain transplant is what you need badly now...

Lol! How would you know if I need a brain transplant when you have brain leakage. Just no try quote me again if you no want make thunder fire that ur bold 1.

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 09, 2015
SirBlack999:
he killed those corrupt politicians.
Another myopic Easterner

5 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by ignis: 9:34am On Apr 09, 2015
This is definitely not the problem of ndi igbo
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 09, 2015
ignis:
This is definitely not the problem of ndi igbo

so what is it? Would be nice to know.... its like a baby crying so loud, u offee milk he rejects, you give him fresh air he continues.... you imagine the frustration of the mother (Nigeria). ... if only you guys can make your desires known instead of reacting in hatred all the time. .... The only thing you can't have yet on a platter is the biafra you seek..... south Sudan is an example.

4 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Mcbussy(m): 9:54am On Apr 09, 2015
christopher123:

Who told u how many igbo died in war ..did u do the body count

But the oba begged finally

But in a recent turn of events, the Oba has
issued an apology to the Igbos and everyone
offended by his tirade, blaming his actions on
the popular Alcoholic drink, ORIJIN.’
In his statement, he said;
“I want to offer my unequivocal apologies to
the Igbo people for the things I said. I am sorry.
I was drunk. I was drinking some Orijin just
before the meeting. It was my 1st time, it was
so sweet, I did not know it would be so
intoxicating. I have ordered that all Orijin
Bottles and Cans should be thrown into the
Lagoon Instead”.
Meanwhile, Boys in Lagos are planning to
protest the Oba’s move to throw all the Orijin
into the Lagoon. They have paid a Twitter
Trender to trend the Hashtag #
DontDrownOurOrijin.
http://www..ng/2015/04/07/oba-of-lagos-confesses-i-was-high-on-orijin/

hehehehe grin....bro u sef don drink enuf orijin for dream. grin

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by italo: 9:56am On Apr 09, 2015
chrisbaba1:

so what is it? Would be nice to know.... its like a baby crying so loud, u offee milk he rejects, you give him fresh air he continues.... you imagine the frustration of the mother (Nigeria). ... if only you guys can make your desires known instead of reacting in hatred all the time. .... The only thing you can't have yet on a platter is the biafra you seek..... south Sudan is an example.
The thing is Igbos don't even complain to you. They just go about their business trying to earn a living.

In the last two weeks, it's been others crying.

They cried when Igbos voted Jonathan...

...this time, their Oba cried even before election.

Why the 'busy-body?'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Turbocharged: 9:56am On Apr 09, 2015
realjoker:
pls i will like to know in private then, maybe its different from what i know

Sorry, I cannot even disclose it to my wife, let alone someone I dont know.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by santos247(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2015
ok..Conmtinue

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by omonnakoda: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2015
asala1:

If so why the bitterness and Inferiority complex. Even as Obama is the president of US, African-Americans are still bitter and feel inferior. All those anger is just a manifestation of inferiority complex.

You guys are just hurting no one really cares. You guys need to move on.
You need to think before you talk.Think deeply.What does this have to do with African Americans? what does one hve to do with the other? MOST or ALL African Americans feel bitter and inferior? What evidence do you have for this? The fact that an idea enters your head does not mean you should spit it out.First try and analyse it carefully

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 09, 2015
italo:
The thing is Igbos don't even complain to you. They just go about their business trying to earn a living.

In the last two weeks, it's been others crying.

They cried when Igbos voted Jonathan...

...this time, their Oba cried even before election.

Why the 'busy-body?'

No be today.... I've always known the igbos to play the victim card.... What's with the perpetual disrespect for others culture too? The name calling.... Would have been okay if it was just very few examples I have but its profoundly becoming a characteristic of the ndigbo in recent times....

3 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Turbocharged: 10:02am On Apr 09, 2015
mytime24:
so u dey fear

I go send E-police to cme aftr U

Fear who?
You sure say dey done born the the person wey I go fear?
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by italo: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2015
chrisbaba1:

No be today.... I've always known the igbos to play the victim card.... What's with the perpetual disrespect for others culture too? The name calling.... Would have been okay if it was just very few examples I have but its profoundly becoming a characteristic of the ndigbo in recent times....

Where did Igbos disrespect your culture?

When did Igbos become the only tribe that engages in name-calling? Which tribe calls another "Omo nna" "mola" in a derogatory way?

Remove hate from your heart, then you will start to think?

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by KingTom(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2015
italo:

Where did Igbos disrespect your culture?

When did Igbos become the only tribe that engages in name-calling? Which tribe calls another "Omo nna" "mola" in a derogatory way?

Remove hate from your heart, then you will start to think?
Which tribe calls "Ofe mmanu" "Enwe Abo.ki" "Nwa mmong"

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by asala1: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
You need to think before you talk.Think deeply.What does this have to do with African Americans? what does one hve to do with the other? MOST or ALL African Americans feel bitter and inferior? What evidence do you have for this? The fact that an idea enters your head does not mean you should spit it out.First try and analyse it carefully

You need to read first, digest and then try to make sense of what is written. Now practice it slowly.

To your point now:

African-Americans and Igbo people of Nigeria have one same thing in common which is INFERIORITY complex and always manifest in the form of unnecessary anger. An average African-American hate whites just because of the history of slave trade and other terrible things they did to them, Likewise Igbo people are bitter towards other Nigerians especially towards the Yoruba tribe cause of the part they took during the civil war. These two group of people have not been able to move on and so they get bitter at any provocation. No matter how successful this group may be, the inferiority complex and bitterness is still there. (Always trying to compare themselves with others)

One thing these two groups don't understand is that, no one actually cares. The white don't care what the blacks think of them similarly the Yoruba don't care what an Igbo man think of him. Take note, I am against what the Oba of Lagos said but if an Eze in Enugu said same to the Yoruba/Hausa group in Enugu, I bet you won't see it on social media. No one cares.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by agabaI23(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2015
chrisbaba1:

first time im hearing this.... Fine there was an history or war our generation should not be held accountable for the loggerheads of fore fathers, plus no yoruba abuses an igbo man if the igbo hasn't been disrespectful. ... do you know how many times I have replied igbos rudely cos of how they talk online? but my girlfriend is igbo..... Igbos need to respect others to be respected and stop playing the victim all the time
We are talking about different things. The Igbos insult the Yorubas as much as the Yorubas insult Igbos. The insults derive from rivalry and perception of supremacy among the groups. It has little or nothing to do with what I addressed based on the post I quoted sir.

Neighbouring communities have this kind of rivalry. This rivalry existed even before the war, when the old Eastern and Western regions were trying to outdo each other in terms of development. That is what the confab report is meant to restore because it would have reignited this positive rivalry and the masses would have enjoyed it better. I hope that with the North in power, the report will see the light of the day because....
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Ok
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by christopher123(m): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2015
Oba is high

Lol
Mcbussy:

hehehehe grin....bro u sef don drink enuf orijin for dream. grin
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by italo: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2015
KingTom:

Which tribe calls "Ofe mmanu" "Enwe Abo.ki" "Nwa mmong"

You miss the point. I'm not the one who hypocritically complained of name-calling.

Read the previous posts and THINK.

Think like a human being.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by omonnakoda: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2015
asala1:

You need to read first, digest and then try to make sense of what is written. Now practice it slowly.

To your point now:

African-Americans and Igbo people of Nigeria have one same thing in common which is INFERIORITY complex and always manifest in the form of unnecessary anger. An average African-American hate whites just because of the history of slave trade and other terrible things they did to them, Likewise Igbo people are bitter towards other Nigerians especially towards the Yoruba tribe cause of the part they took during the civil war. These two group of people have not been able to move on and so they get bitter at any provocation. No matter how successful this group may be, the inferiority complex and bitterness is still there. (Always trying to compare themselves with others)

One thing these two groups don't understand is that, no one actually cares. The white don't care what the blacks think of them similarly the Yoruba don't care what an Igbo man think of him. Take note, I am against what the Oba of Lagos said but if an Eze in Enugu said same to the Yoruba/Hausa group in Enugu, I bet you won't see it on social media. No one cares.
I am not talking about Eboes even though your assertion there is interesting. My question is what evidence can you present for inferiority complex in African Americans? No doubt the idea possesses you with evangelical zeal still one must say because an idea seems good to you does not make it real. You make absurd assertion after asinine assertion "An average African-American hate whites just because of the history of slave trade and other terrible things they did to them" How do you know this ? Where is the evidence? What s average African-American. ? Is the average white American full of boundless love for African-Americans?
Some Yorubas care and some don't about what Eboes think about them. Your assertion once again is false. You argue by ASSERTION without recourse to fact or logic which you obviously consider inconvenient and unnecessary
Everything you say is just your fantasy.You have no evidence to back it up.Not a shred. Even if it were true there is no connection with Eboes.You might as well say rats have inferiority complex because snakes eat them and then try and conjure some link to Eboes everything you have said has nothing more than theatrical value best suited to beer parlour merriment

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by christopher123(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2015
Horllamideh:

Is this funny at all??......I find it hard to spare a laugh

I lol ....he was high

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Isaac2009(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2015
Wendyslim:
Hmmm. War is an enermy of man
Hmmm what of woman cool cool cool
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by SirBlack999(m): 11:12am On Apr 09, 2015
SmartChoices:

Another myopic Easterner
No need to argue with you,just go and read BIAFRA STORY by FREDERICK FORSYTH.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Aww sad story, unnecessary and unplanned war. But whose fault was it? Who triggered the violence that caused the war? Who led the war and ran off to ivory coast dressed like a woman after millions had been killed?

Eaasy please! This is a sensitive issue and we shouldn't treat it scornfully. I agree with you that the war was a sad story, but apportioning blames left and right doesn't solve this problem.

The war was unfortunate, period! The decisions taken in the heat of the moment especially during the crisis preceding the war couldn't be second-guessed! There were too many mistakes on both sides and lost opportunities for peace that were presided over by hate and pride.

We seriously need to move on and away from this as urgently as we can, for the future of our children who took no part in the blood letting of the past!

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Akanbee2015: 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Aww sad story, unnecessary and unplanned war. But whose fault was it? Who triggered the violence that caused the war? Who led the war and ran off to ivory coast dressed like a woman after millions had been killed?

Ojukwu got it all wrong. maybe he pushed it too far. So, are your landlords in the North and Lagos pay for that? I don't think so. You only have to move on and put the blame on no one.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2015
JonSnow:

And your point is? undecided
His point is that d man was poverty-stricken and reflects d cunning nature of an average Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
belabela:

Nice one.

First the calculation will only be true if both men and women give birth and excludes the possibility that people die from other causes apart from war. A reasonable estimate will be 2 million.

The interesting thing is that it is only in the South West of Nigeria that Igbos properties were not regarded as abandoned properties. Yorubas refused to follow that decree. Yes in the north and portharcourt especially most properties were claimed by locals as abandoned properties.

That is why I find it funny today when the Igbos in the South east are telling their kinsmen in Lagos to declare war over Obas comments as if they will win it.

Igbos could have got the chance if they played their politics well. All other major opposition parties joined APC except the "real" APGA. And now Igbos will not be senate president or even speaker of the house of reps. It's more like political suicide. Tact and planning is key to winning a battle. Just rushing to war because you feel aggrieved isn't going to solve any problem.

Now Igbos are about to marginalise themselves in Lagos. Tinubu started the appointment of non-indegenes to key positions in Lagos, many Igbos have benefited. Now Agbaje is promising Igbos that they will have a King of equal staus to the Oba of lagos and they seem to have swallowed another lie.

if APC wins how will Igbokwe be able to negotiate more things for Igbos when they are currently seen as Agabje backers. Igbos need to learn from history

igbokwe can start negotiating five star junction...they can repair the road then we kno they are serious.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by abduljabbar4(m): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
pazienza:

Dumb. You need a brain.
You are an idi0t. Quotasystem is one of the most intelligent nairalanders. If not the most intelligent. That's why anytime he posts something, you can't help but to insult

3 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by stanech: 11:51am On Apr 09, 2015
If you hate. them so much give them Biafra and let them go
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 09, 2015
asala1:

To your point now:

all you said is how the Igbos hate the yorubas...pls tell us why the yoruba hate the Igbos..tell us why the is more anti Igbos thread on nairaland than any other ethnic group...

tell me why iya loso. go curse me because I want to buy something from her with #500. ...omo ibo oloribiruku. just because I want patronize u..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Seekers Behind Calls For Buhari To Change Economic Team – Ngige / 2 Suicide Bombers Killed In Failed Attack In Maiduguri / NLC Mobilises For Fresh Kaduna Strike, Alleges Breach Of Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.