Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

[picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos (10399 Views)

Reason Why Buhari Is The Real Problem Of Nigeria's Current Situation / Nigeria At 56 - The Real Problem With Nigeria Is Not Corruption, Stupidity Is. / "My Govt. Can't Solve The Nigeria Problem Of 16 Years In Just 4 Years"-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by jpphilips(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
That i your opinion. The fact is that the food that was being sent to those so called innocent women and children was being appropriated by Biafran Troops That had to STOP. So let us stop the emotionality and deal with reality.It was a war not inter-house sports. War is not meant to be fun so once you go to war you expect a lot of bad things to happen.

Are you kidding? you seriously think it is justified for Nigeria to stop relief materials from reaching its target, do you know that it amounts to war crime today!! whose war account did you read that told you that nonsense?
Food donations abroad were flown in and dropped at red cross relief centers, it never came from Nigeria why did Nigeria stop it?

The soldiers had their rations likewise the women and children, it wasn't like Nigeria cared about the women and children and stopped food because the soldiers were denying them their rations, at the relief camps, everyone's line is different.

You also forgot that those women and and children were sisters, wives and kids of the soldiers who normally take their ration home.

Bros I am not a fan of ojukwu, but you are more evil trying to justify the evil of Gowon and Awolowo.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
illiad:

I don't know where exactly you people think from, but I suspect it must be from your anus.

So we should all have joined apc?
Why not ask the national assembly to draft a resolution on making nigeria a one party state. Yorubas keep amazing me.

grin grin grin grin grin

See how it's done?

1999 - 2003 President, Yoruba, SW - AD
2003 - 2007 President, Yoruba SW - Majorly PDP except Lagos
2011 - 2015 President Ijaw SW - Majorly APC except Ekiti and Ondo
20015 - 2019 Vice President, Yoruba SW - to be determined Senate President may yet be a Yoruba man from Kwara

Can you beat that? the man who thinks anus functions as a brain

3 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by jpphilips(m): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
iamrealdeji:

The fault is on Ojukwu that refused to concede defeat,don't blame anyone but Ojukwu

Igbos gave him a title when he returned from exile!! You need to see the crowd at his coronation ceremony, shameful to say the least.

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by iamrealdeji(m): 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
jpphilips:

Igbos gave him a title when he returned from exile!! You need to see the crowd at his coronation ceremony, shameful to say the least.
Smh,so sad

3 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by omonnakoda: 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
jpphilips:

Are you kidding? you seriously think it is justified for Nigeria to stop relief materials from reaching its target, do you know that it amounts to war crime today!! whose war account did you read that told you that nonsense?
Food donations abroad were flown in and dropped at red cross relief centers, it never came from Nigeria why did Nigeria stop it?

The soldiers had their rations likewise the women and children, it wasn't like Nigeria cared about the women and children and stopped food because the soldiers were denying them their rations, at the relief camps, everyone's line is different.

You also forgot that those women and and children were sisters, wives and kids of the soldiers who normally take their ration home.

Bros I am not a fan of ojukwu, but you are more evil trying to justify the evil of Gowon and Awolowo.
It is useful for people to be able to say what they think without hindrance.So calling me evil does not further discussion.It is only a distraction as that would only lead to an unproductive exchange of abuse e.g where would it lead if I retaliated by wishing death on your mother and father. We need to learn how to debate without getting personal.That is how I see it and that should remind us there are always different perspectives.For that reason it is better to avoid violence of war or of chatrooms. Let us do things in a civil way.No one has a monopoly of lunacy

3 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by kodlins(f): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Inferiority complex?? Think again..
asala1:

If so why the bitterness and Inferiority complex. Even as Obama is the president of US, African-Americans are still bitter and feel inferior. All those anger is just a manifestation of inferiority complex.

You guys are just hurting no one really cares. You guys need to move on.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by EmmySparky(m): 2:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
Chanchit:
The problem with Igbo is that they(most) plays the victim.
Yesterday a security man came to buy eba(garri) #100, the man now said that the woman should give him two pure water instead of the soup.
Sincerely, I've never heard of such deal In my life, the woman said he can't give him two pure water cos its #10 each, the man was ready to make trouble so I told d woman to give him the water.
The man didn't even remember to say thank you, all he could say is "is it because I'm Igbo" my jaw dropped.
and what does this rubbish u wrote mean...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
iamrealdeji:

Smh,so sad
really sad

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by mikolo80: 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
moderatorr1:
PROBLEM OF THE IGBOS
No matter how you look at it, The Igbos have not quite recovered from the devastating loss at the Biafran war.
6 million Igbo people died.

Thats 3 times larger than the number of people in most states.
Thats 2 times larger than the number of voters APC used to Win PDP (in this case considering that most PDP voters came from the south)
These are 6 million men and women that could have by now given birth to lets say (6 million times 3 children each) making it above 20 million extra people in the east. This figure would flawlessly win any election.

These are 6 million men and women who could be senators, governors, professors holding positions all over Nigeria.
Wikipedia put the figure at 2 million. But then, that's still a very huge loss.
The rest of the survivors were thrown into abject poverty when Gowon leveled all the bank accounts of all igbos to only N20 after the war and declared that all properties owned by igbos outside Igboland have been officially abandoned.
It was a fatal blow, the problem of the Igbos is not any of the things most people mention.
So when you see that most igbos are traders, its because of that - no other alternative. Most Igbos you see today are the first persons in their family to make any cash.
When you see Igbos traveling all over the world doing all sorts of businesses, its because they are on a do or die state. No road backwards, no inheritance from the earlier generation, they were almost wiped out.
No matter how you look at it, that war was totally wrong. And should have been stopped after 6 months. Full blown out war was not the best solution at that point.
May take upwards of 100 years to recover. So when you see all these other parts of the society threatening war and violence, detonating IDEs and other shitty stuff, its because they have not seen war. They have not witnessed an entire adult population wiped out and the rest automatically rested to far below UN poverty level. Carrying guns around on camera and shooting a few people is called skirmishes and incidences, its nothing close to war.

But i don't see Igbo presidency in 2019, 2023.
In 2023, an Igbo may successfully emerge as Vice.
Then before 2030. We could have a president.
But who really cares where the president comes from if they perform well.

Source: Dave Ozoalor https://m.facebook.com/daveozoalor

ISRAEL AND GERMANY RECOVERED IN 30YRS OR SO
THE IGBO ARE A VERY RESILIENT PEOPLE AS ALL AFRICANS/HUMAN BEINGS ARE
THEY SIMPLY NEED TO GO CHINA ON NAIJA(MANUFACTURING)
ONLY GOOD LEADERSHIP(SOLUDO) CAN DO THAT
NOT TRIBAL SENTIMENT
NOT NOSTALGIA
NOT BITCHING AND MOANING ABOUT SOM'N THAT HAS FEW WITNESSESS STILL ECONOMICALLY ACTIVE
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by kingbasil: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
monnakoda:

MOST or ALL African Americans feel bitter and inferior?

My ideology about this issue is that the White slave drivers are the ones feeling bitter about the prospect that a Once upon a time slave would enjoy the freedom he the master has struggled to create... they feel inferior when that said slave who not only goes and obtain the title of free man does employ them (the masters) to do work for them...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Akanbee2015: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
Turbocharged:
What u just mentioned now are not really the problem of the Igbo people. The Igbos has put the civil war behind them and are moving forward. I know their prpblem but due to security reasons I will not say it here.

Mr Security adviser, maybe they want the Presidency then. If that is it, then they'll have to wait till....... Why did they even vote Ngige out of the Senate? All because he was with Buhari, right? That's one of the problem you people really need try solving first.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by jpphilips(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
author=agabaI23 post=32520554]Bro kulu temper
1. You said "Ígbos have not been favoured in federal projects" and you said again down in your argument "I don't see any maginalisation anywhere"

This is the definition of maginalisation "The process whereby something or someone is pushed to the edge of a group and accorded lesser importance. This is predominantly a social phenomenon by which a minority or sub-group is excluded, and their needs or desires ignored".

Don't foist your opinion on me, I made the statement on two different pedestals as such it can not be mixed, Igbos svcked GEj's d!ck with no reasonable Federal project to show for it, that was what my statement implies, someone who have noted this will quickly bifurcate APGA, one faction for Okorocha and APC the other for PDP, that was exactly what the yorubas did.

In view of the above, it is not "marginalization" but "deception", Jonathan had what it takes to do the needful for the Igbos but he never did anything even when it was clear that he was getting full support from the Igbos, from the elections to APGA not having any presidential aspirant. Jonathan did not "marginalize" you, he "conned" you.

Could this be in line with principle of giving only GBP 20 to all Igbos not minding how much they had as bank balance?

Take it that you paid for the war you caused, nobody asked Kaduna Nzeogwu to do selective anti corruption massacre, Nobody asked Aguiyi ironsi not to prosecute him even when he took to the media to boast of his blood bath, nobody asked you to secede knowing that secession was an act of war at the time. Nobody asked you not to stop ojukwu when his ego ran out of control, Finally do you know there are countries that seceded peacefully? why did Ojukwu not tow the path of recumbency to use peaceful means to achieve the same results? Nigeria had a right to uphold its law as a country.

2. You want the SEasterners to shift with power? That is not politics. Politics is about ideology and principles. It is not harlotry.
I supported GEJ and I will still support him against Buhari any day because I know what he has done not because he is Igbo or from the SS. He stands for the economic liberation all Nigerians need.

Who am I a mere mortal to sway your opinion above umbrage? you can as well support Yaradua for all I care.
you mentioned ideology, what is the SE political ideology? I can draw a pattern for the yorubas from the days of Herbert macaulay since 1932, I can draw a pattern for the Northerners from 1897, except Nnamdi Azikiwe, who has a nationalistic ideology, what is the ideology of the present igbo leadership? I will really love to learn from you.

i. GEJ failed because the US and the UK wanted him out,

Speculations not facts, I was there live doing the needful for buhari, a deja vu from 2003, 2007 and 2011, I didn't see Hillary clinton on the queue neither did I see a David cameron there.
You may wish to be more factual next time you quote my post.

ii. the north wanted power back such that even PDP governors in the North compromised. They either did nothing or rigged for Buhari in the North

The North wanted power back, yes I agree and you forgot that they wanted same power back in 2011, when Jonathan won convincingly, right? Recall the "doctrine of necessity" my friend.

The only form of rigging PDP reported was "underage" voting, correct me if I am wrong, till date nobody has evidence whether they were voting APC, PDP or any other party, If I were you, I will wait till more facts emerge from the tribunal before jumping into conclusion.

Were the voters really underage? well, Jonathan who hailed from a southern minority was there with his ally Senate president Mark when Yerima sponsored his infamous "underage marriage bill", what do you think the bill was about? pedophilia? lol go and study that bill, by virtue of marriage, every Nigerian has become an adult.

The northerners pulled the underage stunt in 2011, and the outcry was overwhelming, in 2013, they sought a constitutional review to legitimize their treachery and they won, you see how the northerners have outsmarted you? so while you shout underage voting, be ready to prove in court that the individual is neither married nor betrothed, remember that nigeria recognize traditional form of marriage where "betrothed"
marriage is a subset of it.
Bros, only igbos refused to realize that Nigerian politics have gone scientific, follow- follow politics is way 1960, Politics today is about defining your interests and having a workable strategy to realize it.

iii. Jega was mandated to deliver Buhari by the North and the US. So he did what he had to do to disenfranchise GEJ's favoured area. He refused to authorise the use of mannual voting till late while my friend in the North told me they had no problem. They used manual accreditation from the start.

I really do not want to go into this bro.

The same jega who enthroned Jonathan in 2011? ask yourself, what has changed within this 4yrs? speculations will not help anyone, face the facts.

When I went to collect my PVC, I saw near a truck load of PVC's there awaiting collection, let me start with your Igbo brothers, How many of them will leave their shops to go and queue to collect PVC let alone vote? according to Jega, the northerners were going to the INEC office on daily basis asking for their PVCs, are they as busy as you are?

Some of them are in IDP camps, playing soccer, dusk till dawn, some of them ran from the other 20 LGAS in borno and Adamawa and ran to stay with relatives in Maiduguri, Yola and Damaturu, what do you expect them to be doing? no school, no work, just sit idle, why will they not have the highest PVC turn out? that is common sense!! coupled with the orientation of national participation they haveo unlike Igbos whose parents start drumming it to them from childhood that Yoruba is enemy because of Awolowo, Hausa is enemy because of Gowan, Ojukwu is hero because he stood up to them.

Did you see the SE queue during the election? it was only men and few old women assumably widows, yes!! easterners will hide their adult kids under the table while daddy and his friends will vote, that is their mentality, conversely, did you see the northern lines? I saw weaning mothers, kids, everybody was there and taking it very seriously.

How many easterners know the difference between Hausa and middle belt? that is the mind set they have, some whose parents are not educated raise them telling them they are not Nigerians, to boycott any national event and embrace Biafra, is that how you are going to survive in this scientific political climate called Nigeria? i dey laugh!!

Bros, I don't know who you called but the election observers said that the card readers were used in both north and south and where it failed, use manual, remember that Jega has the total number of people who collected, PVC's in each ward, rigging in this election is infinitesimal, we wait for the tribunal to give us a verdict, If your igbo brothers did not hear the announcement as early as btwn 9-10am on election day, shouldn't you be blaming Jonathan who denied you electricity?

3 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Waspy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Igbos might be successful, at least in business, but the truth is.... An average Igbo man has Inferiority Complex, hence the numerous defence mechanisms such as Anger tantrums, Being overtly selfconcious, sPlaying the victim, Trying to measure up/ standing up to unknown (unnecessary) competition.

Some are cool tho

2 Likes

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by jpphilips(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
omonnakoda:
It is useful for people to be able to say what they think without hindrance.So calling me evil does not further discussion.It is only a distraction as that would only lead to an unproductive exchange of abuse e.g where would it lead if I retaliated by wishing death on your mother and father. We need to learn how to debate without getting personal.That is how I see it and that should remind us there are always different perspectives.For that reason it is better to avoid violence of war or of chatrooms. Let us do things in a civil way.No one has a monopoly of lunacy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by donttouch: 5:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
I jus wonder why u people are crying more than the bereaved

belabela:

H
Nice one.

First the calculation will only be true if both men and women give birth and excludes the possibility that people die from other causes apart from war. A reasonable estimate will be 2 million.

The interesting thing is that it is only in the South West of Nigeria that Igbos properties were not regarded as abandoned properties. Yorubas refused to follow that decree. Yes in the north and portharcourt especially most properties were claimed by locals as abandoned properties.

That is why I find it funny today when the Igbos in the South east are telling their kinsmen in Lagos to declare war over Obas comments as if they will win it.

Igbos could have got the chance if they played their politics well. All other major opposition parties joined APC except the "real" APGA. And now Igbos will not be senate president or even speaker of the house of reps. It's more like political suicide. Tact and planning is key to winning a battle. Just rushing to war because you feel aggrieved isn't going to solve any problem.

Now Igbos are about to marginalise themselves in Lagos. Tinubu started the appointment of non-indegenes to key positions in Lagos, many Igbos have benefited. Now Agbaje is promising Igbos that they will have a King of equal staus to the Oba of lagos and they seem to have swallowed another lie.

if APC wins how will Igbokwe be able to negotiate more things for Igbos when they are currently seen as Agabje backers. Igbos need to learn from history
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by italo: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Waspy:
Igbos might be successful, at least in business, but the truth is.... An average Igbo man has Inferiority Complex, hence the numerous defence mechanisms such as Anger tantrums, Being overtly selfconcious, sPlaying the victim, Trying to measure up/ standing up to unknown (unnecessary) competition.

Some are cool tho
you're wrong. The average 10 year old Igbo boy believes he is more sensible than your grand father and Oba Akio lunch put together.

That's superiority, not inferiority.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Chanchit: 6:11am On Apr 10, 2015
EmmySparky:
and what does this rubbish u wrote mean...

I saw ur mention since yday but I don't feel like replying you, cos u r d fifth person quoting me on this, I knw sentiments has his vail over ur sense of reasoning, but I will tell you want I mean exactly.

Two pure water costs #20, the woman was not ready to part with two pure water, she prefers giving him the soup. During their argument the woman has asked him to drop d eba, but he's also not ready to drop it. So after offering to pay for the water I don't think saying "Is it because I'm Igbo" should come out from his mouTh cos its uncalled for.

Do you now understand?
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Waspy(m): 7:04am On Apr 10, 2015
italo:
you're wrong. The average 10 year old Igbo boy believes he is more sensible than your grand father and Oba Akio lunch put together.

That's superiority, not inferiority.
Hmmm undecided Bask in your pseudo-euphoria. Wallow in your delusion of grandeur and self aggravadicement. The sensibility that gets you guys nowhere other than another man's backyard.

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by EmmySparky(m): 8:13am On Apr 10, 2015
Chanchit:

I saw ur mention since yday but I don't feel like replying you, cos u r d fifth person quoting me on this, I knw sentiments has his vail over ur sense of reasoning, but I will tell you want I mean exactly.

Two pure water costs #20, the woman was not ready to part with two pure water, she prefers giving him the soup. During their argument the woman has asked him to drop d eba, but he's also not ready to drop it. So after offering to pay for the water I don't think saying "Is it because I'm Igbo" should come out from his mouTh cos its uncalled for.

Do you now understand?
and u think that applies to igbos alone...or u think all igbos are like that?....dude its u who needs a re orientation...I have met people of other tribes who did far worst things than this...yet I don't categorize the yoruba or hausa tribe as been aligned towards that part...dude go on line and read more on individual difference...u need some schooling to get this tribal disease outta ur blood...jeeez...

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by italo: 8:15am On Apr 10, 2015
Waspy:
Hmmm undecided Bask in your pseudo-euphoria. Wallow in your delusion of grandeur and self aggravadicement. The sensibility that gets you guys nowhere other than another man's backyard.
Even if you use big words that you cannot spell, the average Igbo 10 year old would still see himself as more sensible than your grand father and your Oba.

They generally feel superior, not inferior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Chanchit: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2015
EmmySparky:
and u think that applies to igbos alone...or u think all igbos are like that?....dude its u who needs a re orientation...I have met people of other tribes who did far worst things than this...yet I don't categorize the yoruba or hausa tribe as been aligned towards that part...dude go on line and read more on individual difference...u need some schooling to get this tribal disease outta ur blood...jeeez...

That's why I dnt want to explain anything to someone that has a mind set already.

My main issh with the whole scene was "is it because I'm Igbo" that's what I dnt like hearing.
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by Waspy(m): 8:40am On Apr 10, 2015
italo:
Even if you use big words that you cannot spell, the average Igbo 10 year old would still see himself as more sensible than your grand father and your Oba.

They generally feel superior, not inferior.
Nigga..that's auto-type. Try a smartphone too. BTW..I'm no grammar competition. Go find an Igbo, they always like to measure up. Superior a.s.slicker

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by EmmySparky(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2015
Chanchit:

That's why I dnt want to explain anything to someone that has a mind set already.

My main issh with the whole scene was "is it because I'm Igbo" that's what I dnt like hearing.
like I said its just that man..don't generalize it
Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by lyntiffany(f): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2015
EmmySparky:
like I said its just that man..don't generalize it
you have time debating with these chameleons, you guys should allow them to wallow in their hatred.
If there is any tribe that's inferior is the Yoruba's that's why they live in fear, cos they can't stand firmly on their own to take decisions, always thinking of what people will assume about them.

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by EmmySparky(m): 11:26am On Apr 10, 2015
lyntiffany:
you have time debating with these chameleons, you guys should allow them to wallow in their hatred.
If there is any tribe that's inferior is the Yoruba's that's why they live in fear, cos they can't stand firmly on their own to take decisions, always thinking of what people will assume about them.
lol don't mind them....am only doing a community service by transforming an ignorant mind into an informed one...when I read what he wrote I was like WTF...but then I just concluded that he is a village champion...educated yorubas don't speak the way he spoke...am proud to be from the igbo tribe...

1 Like

Re: [picture] Here Is The Real Problem Of The Igbos by raumdeuter: 11:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Insurance Companies Unveil Report, Pay ₦9 Billion Claims / Aggrieved APC Factions Shift Battle To Court, Accuse Party Of Contempt / Bbc News Debate on Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.