Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders (26163 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Dr Okonjo-iweala Listed 33rd Among 50 Greatest World Leaders. / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by CyberWolf: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
one of these days I will so break the 21 rules of nairaland on your empty head. You are over-stepping your boundary kiddo
grin cheesy...I will personally enact a one year ban on your head if you try that shiit cool
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Collynzo9: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2015
This woman has been in charge of Nigeri's economy for more than 10 years now.
A period that saw our economy emerge as the biggest in Africa.
She deserves it

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2015
sukkot:
cheesy

if she is flogged is that not another sharia punishment in the making, she will sue the Federal government of Nigeria if she is caned....Buhahaha grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2015
SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FCK UP COS IM TIRED OF THIS BICKERING LIKE A BUNCH OF MARKET WOMEN.
SHE WAS RECOGNIZE- DEAL WITH IT!
NOT EVERYONE AGREES SHE DESERVED IT-DEAL WITH IT
JUST STOP BICKERING AND GETTING ON EVERYONE'S NERVES

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by scentmarlc(m): 8:22am On Apr 09, 2015
E se ati ri yin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Simba757(m): 8:22am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:
And in 1938, Adolf Hitler was Time Magazine's man of the year

Poo happens
SMH, obviously you are terribly naïve on TIME's selective criteria.
Even the devil can become "Man of the Year" provided he headlines all breaking news.
However there is a fine line b/w Man of d year & Person of the Year -- obviously u r lost here.

Fortune mag clearly stated the criteria used b4 enlisting them but your terribly shalow & biased mind can't seem to grab it.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Princecalm(m): 8:22am On Apr 09, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Your opinion tho
I think she'll make top 10 in Africa
i will also take it as your opinion.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by chronique(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2015
Exactly. Most Nigerians who do not like her,do that due to ignorance mixed with illiteracy.
luvinhubby:
An amazon celebrated by those who value her & reviled by those blinded by hatred.
sad
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Zellie: 8:23am On Apr 09, 2015
luvinhubby:
An amazon celebrated by those who value her & reviled by those blinded by hatred.
sad
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by scentmarlc(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2015
Babzilla:
SOME OF YOU REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FCK UP COS IM TIRED OF THIS BICKERING LIKE A BUNCH OF MARKET WOMEN.
SHE WAS RECOGNIZE- DEAL WITH IT!
NOT EVERYONE AGREES SHE DESERVED IT-DEAL WITH IT
JUST STOP BICKERING AND GETTING ON EVERYONE'S NERVES

Oga oooooo. You don mash P
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by sweetgala(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2015
wallflower:

Plunge to new lows? seriously? Nigeria is Africa's leading economy, if that is low then I don't want to see it high.

Let us wait and see the situation we are in come may 29th , we are the biggest economy but much of our wealth is based on fiction , Okonjo has been happy to convince world bank and many financial rating organisations we are where we are not.

The country for instance might not be able to afford it's next budget, we would have to borrow substantially more than before , Onkonjo that simplified progress as more new cars bought in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by sukkot: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2015
shinejackie:

if she is flogged is that not another sharia punishment in the making, she will sue the Federal government of Nigeria if she is caned....Buhahaha grin grin
buhari is bringing in sharia after he is sworn in. people will be getting flogged left right and center. sai general cheesy cheesy
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by james809: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
i will also take it as your opinion.

As we all entitled to our various opinions
#soft
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by benjsniper33: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Poo happens

Wow!! Response of the year shocked shocked

but Ngo baby try small sha.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2015
CyberWolf:
grin cheesy...I will personally enact a one year ban on your head if you try that shiit cool
keep on trying me. By the time you might have realized it, your nairaland career will be dead.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Zellie: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Poo happens
HATER ALERT!!

Well, 'Man Of The Year' can mean many things. You have no point

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Pavarottii(m): 8:26am On Apr 09, 2015
Hate or Love it...
She has achieved heights no Nigerian has ever achieved in her field.

Tribalism is gonna eat up Nigeria to division if not attended to.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Johnnoo(m): 8:27am On Apr 09, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, she is an agent of destruction from World Bank undecided

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by femmy2010(m): 8:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Madam "Cushioning the Effect ".
Good for her.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by buchichukwu69: 8:28am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by luvinhubby(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Mynd44:

Well there are precedence in both.

"Cup half filled, cup half empty"

But what is a "great" leader if his/her influences are not felt?
Influence is relative my bro & if you juxtapose her with others on that list then surely you will agree that she more than deserves the award.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Zellie: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
Ngozi-okonjo is an unsung hero, like GEJ

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
Johnnoo:
As far as I'm concerned, she is an agent of destruction from World Bank undecided
even your face alone look like devil ..........
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Mynd44: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
luvinhubby:

Influence is relative my bro & if you juxtapose her with others on that list then surely you will agree that she more than deserves the award.
By following world bank policies on us which has led to the near collapse of our economy?

You see green, I see red abeg
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2015
sukkot:
buhari is bringing in sharia after he is sworn in. people will be getting flogged left right and center. sai general cheesy cheesy

let me visit naija b4 May 29th 2015 and run away because l have so many family members who are politicians, l dont want to be caught in the cross fire, l dont want to receive 50 lashes on my back and if l am flogged, l will go straight to ICC in the hague and sue the federal government for abuse of my skin and human rights violations grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Rainmaker69(m): 8:32am On Apr 09, 2015
I just viewed the list. There's a difference between being an 'influential' person and being a 'useful' person. Patience Jonathan was influential. For eg, Obama wasn't listed this year.
The full list can be viewed at:

http://fortune.com/worlds-greatest-leaders
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 09, 2015
chiefolododo:
How much did she pay for them to include her name there? We hnow that she is corrupt

The problem Nigeria has is not corruption, its the stu.pidity of people like u.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Pavarottii(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2015
sweetgala:

Let us wait and see the situation we are in come may 29th , we are the biggest economy but much of our wealth is based on fiction , Okonjo has been happy to convince world bank and many financial rating organisations we are where we are not.

The country for instance might not be able to afford it's next budget, we would have to borrow substantially more than before , Onkonjo that simplified progress as more new cars bought in Nigeria
Tell me how the economy has stopped u from going about ur daily business or did u try to open a business and u were not able. My dear the truth is that people that are doing businesses av doubled since she became minister. So keep complaining while more people are making money, building houses, buying cars, going for vacation.
Point of correction: am not saying we arre there yet, all I am saying is that we arre the largesr in africa wiv 510biliion dollars market. Shows that more people av made progress that wat we use to av in Nigeria.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Youssouff10(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2015
luvinhubby:

And your point is?
that's the point, go and read abt Hitler before u ask dt mumu question.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by cococandy(f): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2015
wallflower:

[size=18pt]This is a woman every Nigerian should be proud of but tribalism, misogyny and politics blind a lot of people[/size].

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Kicks Against Yoruba Language Preservation And Promotion Law 2018 / Yahaya Bello Visits Ojuwo Ojema-Eyigbi Following Clashes / Saraki Is Mr. Poverty Transfer, Kwara Must Change Fires Back At Toyin Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.