Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders (26146 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / Dr Okonjo-iweala Listed 33rd Among 50 Greatest World Leaders. / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by omonnakoda: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

How can you see it when you are blinded by ethnicity. Google the Nigeria economic change under her reign and help yourself.
The economic change under her reign is that the dollar is over 200 Naira that our youths have no jobs ,that oil subsidy exploded to trillions overnight,That she has had more oil revenue than ANY finance minister EVER that she borrowed more than ANY finance minister. We could go on an on. Yes Google is useful for many things but I do not need Google to tell me when I am hungry and need food. I do not need Google to show me the suffering in Nigeria. So what is this economic change? It is a change for Dieziani and Tompolo and such like.A change where militants were housed in hotels for months and would travel with the keys while government paid for empty rooms.When we talk of economic achievements people know if they have eaten or not Not Google. I am sorry her REIGN" has been a CATASTROPHE" and the earlier she gets out the better
As an ordinary Nigerian I cannot point to ONE benefit that she and this government have made in my life.NOT ONE

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by M4gunners: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Aunty ngor we are proud of your achievement.Hater see it" my middle finger "

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by pasol4real(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2015
sammyj:
After stealing all our money and selling Nigeria economy to world bank, abeg let them leave story ojare! !!
so dis is how u want to pay her for cancelling 32billion dollars nigerian debt,taking ur country ti an economic height it never attained in its history. making Nigeria the largest economy in africa.the list is endless she is indeed the best economist in the world.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
why must it be googled before it is being known, should the effect not be felt.

Ask your state government how much federal allocation he receives for the state. Okonjo's duty is to built and distribute the economy. It's the duty of ur state and local govt to make you feel the effect. Building of schools and good road is the duty of fed, state and local govt and not that of the finance minister. It's high time you start paying me for all this free lectures I have been giving you.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by tete7000(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Is she a "leader" in the first place Unfortunately okonjo will go to jail very soon

You are one of those deluded minds. Are you the one who is going to jail her? We will wait and see. In the meantime, I have never doubted the capacity and capability of that woman. It is really unfortunate that our system is set up to make even the greatest mind looks like a minnow. That's how Chuba Okadigbo with all his wonderful profile couldn't make any difference within the Nigerian political system after coming from US.
Wonderful Nigerians come here and fail, those who couldn't perform here go outside and do excellently well. What a country we have!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by sweetgala(m): 10:43am On Apr 09, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Mr man you are the being foolish out of ethnicity. You said she allocates and oversight the govt budget, so is it also her duty to monitor the way the budget she allocates is utilized ? You expect her to come to your state and monitor the way your state government utilize the budget she allocated to him abi? Well, that's the work of the Efcc . I advice you to Stop marketing your ignorance on the internet.

What do you think , cordinating minister of the economy means. We are not speaking of state but the excesses of the FG. She controls the government purse so it is her duty to ensure what is given is spent currently.

Her job is to curtail waste in the FG ministries and ensure the budget is adequate and accordingly used.

What does this have to do with ethnicity !

Every state has a commissioner who should be doing that too. I was an Okonjo fan when she was appointed , she has let us all down , she could not sincerely control waste and restore confidence with all the influence she wields
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Princecalm(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Ask your state government how much federal allocation he receives for the state. Okonjo's duty is to built and distribute the economy. It's the duty of ur state and local govt to make you feel the effect. Building of schools and good road is the duty of fed, state and local govt and not that of the finance minister. It's high time you start paying me for all this free lectures I have been giving you.
i was never talking about state or Lga developments, all i was saying is that as a great leader which she is proclaimed to be, we have never heard of her heroics in present times.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by pasol4real(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
why must it be googled before it is being known, should the effect not be felt.
when will this yorubas stop been jealous of igbo achievements.u guies nid to understand that the igbos are jews ,à special race specially blessed by GOD.u hav to find à way to live wit it otherwise u guies mite Just die of hatred n jealousy,cos there is nothing u can do to stop them( igbos) from flying in every endevour of life.gmb may be in power now but believe u me the igbos wud Still come out as the most succesful .nothing on earth can stop them believe u me nothing.unless of course the person can stop GOD.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by rikamann: 10:57am On Apr 09, 2015
Pure rubbish! OKONJO-IWEALA ruined our economy. She never worked sincerely for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
i was never talking about state or Lga developments, all i was saying is that as a great leader which she is proclaimed to be, we have never heard of her heroics in present times.

Nigeria economy has supersede that of south africa to become the greatest economy in africa and one of the fastest growing economy in the world... Doesn't that sound heroic to you? She has done her work as the finance minister well. It's left for others to do theirs
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by ibrokola(m): 11:05am On Apr 09, 2015
The problem with the Western World is that they believe only their people should enjoy Economic Development while Economic Growth alone is sufficient for Africa and the third world. That's why they support Okonjo Iweala's policies.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Princecalm(m): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Nigeria economy has supersede that of south africa to become the greatest economy in africa and one of the fastest growing economy in the world... Doesn't that sound heroic to you? She has done her work as the finance minister well. It's left for others to do theirs
and that is because SA economy suffered some setback.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by sammyj: 11:07am On Apr 09, 2015
My bro its Ngozi of then when OBJ was in power and not the present Ngozi of this current corrupt administration abeg !!! cool
pasol4real:
so dis is how u want to pay her for cancelling 32billion dollars nigerian debt,taking ur country ti an economic height it never attained in its history. making Nigeria the largest economy in africa.the list is endless she is indeed the best economist in the world.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by poseidon12: 11:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
Their opinion though. Don't think she will fall among Nigeria's first 20

Well, Nigerians are not known for being objective.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by sarris(m): 11:40am On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
Is she a "leader" in the first place Unfortunately okonjo will go to jail very soon
Sorry sorry again its unfortunate u re a Nigerian.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by sarris(m): 11:48am On Apr 09, 2015
wirinet:
Greatest leader indeed.
A woman that has no idea of how much money is spent on fuel subsidy.

A woman that has no idea of how much money NNPC remits into the federation account.

A minster of Finance and economy that has no discernable economic policy or agenda for Nigeria.

A woman that cordinates the most corrupt government in Nigeria's history.

And someone is calling her among 50 greatest world leaders.

Is this some sort of sacarsm or the poll was carried out by NOI?
D goodness is that those dat gv her her award re more exposed,more educated,more recongnised and more intelligent than you so sorry u cn't change anytin abt her achievements.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by tk4rd: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
Wait till Nigerians release their list.. She will be among the first three
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by buchichukwu69: 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
wallflower:

You do realize that we were the most populated black nation in the world ages before she became minister right?
Yes I do
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by IGBOSON1: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:

^^^But of course!

If Nigeria were to draw up its own 'first 20' she wouldn't make it owing to quota-system, federal character and nepotism; which means an equal number has to come from all zones of the country......by fire or by force! wink

Out of curiosity, could you name your own 'Nigeria top 20'? smiley
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by ibedun: 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
[size=14pt]That ugly woman (mere world bank admin clerk) should be drowned in the Lagoon!!!

I invested a lot of my hard earned hard currency in the economy thinking my life savings was safe. Little did i know NOI and her "Igbo Boys" have invaded the Treasury and fighting Biafra war with the economy.

And the casuality of her economic policies are mostly Igbos, but Lagos has hidden them away from the kwashiorko in the economy of the South Eastern states.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Johnnoo(m): 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
even your face alone look like devil ..........

Must you sound this way
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by ben1daEbiri(m): 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
But she's been clueless recently
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by ben1daEbiri(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
kastonkastrol:
shey she follow share those money wey Jona steal,na she and PEJ go share the same cell for kirikiri when GMB come in!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Princecalm(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^But of course!

If Nigeria were to draw up its own 'first 20' she wouldn't make it owing to quota-system, federal character and nepotism; which means an equal number has to come from all zones of the country......by fire or by force! wink

Out of curiosity, could you name your own 'Nigeria top 20'? smiley
did those people wake up one morning and started calling name.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by reactionpapa: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Some people must talk not because they have some thing to say, but because they have nothing to talk.
Okonjo-Iweala has been so wonderful... Infact, she is one in a million of such a gender in Africa and the world at large.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Princecalm(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
tk4rd:
Wait till Nigerians release their list.. She will be among the first three
till then, that is my opinion.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Princecalm(m): 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
poseidon12:

Well, Nigerians are not known for being objective.
does that also include the Nigeian in the list?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Ofornaira: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
OK
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by Isimhemhen(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
She had PHD before I was born... I respect you Prof.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by illiad: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
HausaFulanis and their Yoruba slaves been hating but God been blessing
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by chrisdstar: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Princecalm:
u mean when you start naming ur thieves abi?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders by omonnakoda: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
Once again ONE THING that we can call her achievement. Just One ,ONLY ONE please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Gombe Bomb Blast Victims (Photo) / (PICS) Akeredolu Buys SUVs For Judges In Ondo After 10yrs Of Neglect / Nigeria Projected Among Top 20 Economies In The World By 2050 - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.