Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? (51363 Views)

Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car / The Time A Car Cost N3,984 In Nigeria In 1982 (Photos) / Python Chilling In A Car Bonnet In Awka (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by deathwing(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2015
Maintenance is more important.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by deathwing(m): 2:27pm On May 20, 2015
WHy isn't this topic on the front page tho? If it's Tonto Dike's bruised kneecap nau...

2 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 20, 2015
Mueeze:
My Candid Advice is based on my personal experience.

I live in Iju Ishaga and work in Alausa Ikeja. I earn a little less than 100k and I own a 2000 model Toyota Corolla.

To get me to and from work on a daily basis using public transport cost about N400. In a week, that's N2000. I fuel the car with N2000 weekly and it's enough to take me to and from work everyday including the trip to church on Sunday and hanging out with my people sometimes on Saturdays and Sunday. So I save more on transportation.

The stress you go through using public transportation is crazy. I resume work by 9 a.m. If am to go by public transport, then I have to leave home as early as 6:30 am, pick a bike to the bus stop or trek and be tired b4 you get there (Access Road is not tarred. Rainy season is mud, dry season is dust. God bless you, you have a presentation that morning and you are dressed up in your best suit and a crazy driver speeds past you in any of the seasons. I leave what could happen to your imagination). Then you struggle to get a bus to Agege with students who don't mind to stain your white shirt and buses that can tear your shirt.

You get to Agege and queue for a bus which will take a between 30mins to 1 hour before you get on it. Those who pass through that route or have experienced it will know what I am saying.

Finally, you get to work around 8:30, sweaty, feeling tired and not ready for the days work.

But when I go out with the car, which is obviously my preferred choice, I leave home between 7:30 am and 8:00 am, get to work b4 9am looking sharp and ready for the day after eating breakfast b4 leaving home which is more savings to my pocket rather than eating out if I have to go via public transport. I could even package the food and take to work in the car, something I can't don't in a public bus.

Mind you, i got the car as a direct toks with slightly over 100,000 miles on it over 2 years ago and the highest I have ever spent on it at a time is N13,000 and that is to buy a new battery. Replacement parts costs as low as N1000 sometimes and the car does not break down. I only do routine maintenance. Oil and filter change, brake pads e.t.c. All of which is less than 5k.

The long and short of my sermon is, with 100k salary, you can conveniently maintain a car that is within your financial capacity if you know what you are doing. But after getting your priorities right. Like a place of your own and being responsible for yourself.

R my eyes deceiving me or do I just see iju ishaga. Olga na my area you dey stay o! what part of iju do u stay?
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by oluwafemi89(m): 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2016
coolluk:
Hi Guys

I have a job and i earn 100k per month and i am thinking of getting a car(been on the job for a bit), but i am planning maybe year ending, i want some advise from my good people in the house if it would be advisable.

P.S - i dont have much responsiblity at the moment i am 25 and i am also bettering myself with some certifications.

Thanks as you advise and not insult me, lol

cc

lalasticlala
Ishilove
Farano
Seun Seun Seun
Please can this topic get to front page? thanks

Really learn from this thread, it should be on front page.
Almost in thesame shoe with OP but am a business man, have my own office and small apartment.
I plan to get a corolla Nigeria Use, hope am on save side

2 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by MIB1(m): 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
coolluk:

U feel cool joining in someones car, fuel, AC, radio, comfort, but no owing yours??

Dude it didn't feel cool then but everything has its time , proper planning is required in life

Did the needful as soon as I got a pay upgrade

gt myself an extremely clean 2003 XV-30 xle

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by coolluk(m): 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
MIB1:

Dude it didn't feel cool then but everything has its time , proper planning is required in life

Did the needful as soon as I got a pay upgrade

gt myself an extremely clean 2003 XV-30 xle

Osheee!!!

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by kayustones: 5:40am On Jan 04, 2016
Don't know about where you are talking about but here in lagos to enter transport to work cost approximately 500 but to fuel a car I will spend 1500 a day (residents of iyanoba to orile lagos can attest to this) So tell me, if I earn 100k and spending 1500×5, you tell me how much it is, the truth should be said, for a guy at his age and status car is a luxury to him, why not he saves that money or invest and when he can earn 150 or even 200 then he is good to afford such luxury
For a 100k salary earner. It's not a must that you drive your car around everyday. You could take it out only on weekends when there is usually less traffic (though no one can predict Lagos traffic o). Or take it out on business trips and for important occasions. In that way you would reduce the wear and tear on your vehicle and save cost generally.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 04, 2016
TRY WITH US www.monsterexport.uk

There are many buyers who prefer used vehicles over new ones, this is mainly because of the cost. All those looking for myriad choices in cars that can be transported to their country of residence can consider the website
http://www.monsterexport.uk . It is a reliable place where there are many choices available when it comes to the model and make.

Their prices are said to be competitive. The whole process of booking a car is easy and the services can also be used by dealers from across the globe. All that the interested buyers need to do is to register on the website and get a designated dealer number. This will enable them to peruse the different options available. They can then add their favorite picks to their wish list and keep checking for the cars that they have been waiting for.

Once order has been placed there is a foolproof tracking system which ensures that buyers are up to date with their shipping details. All the legal formalities are taken care of by the team at http://www.monsterexport.uk They even help in expediting the whole delivery process for those who require such services.

The website says, “It takes just a few steps in order to book your favorite car and get it shipped to your address. We are quite adept in the whole process and our experience ensures that there are no hassles or delays of any kinds. Once you have selected a car of your choice, you can proceed to make the payment and give us your address. The same will be shipped within a stipulated time period.”
To obtain more information about the services, visit http://blog.monsterexport.uk/2015/11/16/131/

About the website
The website claims that their inventory is varied and this is what separates them from other auto transport companies. The entity is said to several modes of payment that are safe. From credit cards to Western Union money transfer and even Bitcoin accounts, there are many gateways to choose from. Their customer service team has members who can speak several languages other than English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2_dIWNYX_A

Media Contact
Nana Bright
Monster Export London
Address: 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB, UK
For all your questions
info@monsterexport.uk www.monsterexport.uk
Contact Number – 44 20 3617 1689
Email: info@monsterexport.uk
URL: www.monsterexport.uk

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Akaewu: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
Nairaland................ a good and bad place to seek for advice. OP 100k salary is enough to own a car. if u have saved up enough , go get ur ride.

3 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 01, 2016
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by billyG(m): 8:44pm On May 01, 2016
coolluk:
Hi Guys

I have a job and i earn 100k per month and i am thinking of getting a car(been on the job for a bit), but i am planning maybe year ending, i want some advise from my good people in the house if it would be advisable.

P.S - i dont have much responsiblity at the moment i am 25 and i am also bettering myself with some certifications.

cc

lalasticlala
Ishilove
Farano
Seun Seun Seun
I advice u 2 buy a motorcycle u will still hv more spare cash.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On May 01, 2016
billyG:
I advice u 2 buy a motorcycle u will still hv more spare cash.
Where will he ride that?

4 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by detee2: 8:20pm On May 02, 2016
What a great thread. Quite insightful, with different schools of thought.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 03, 2016
Why not, you can make a budget of 700k for a decent car, dont be too ambitious just buy a vehicle that will facilitate your commute.

Dont buy second hand car as ure a new comer buy direct Belgium.

A 2002 Mazda 626 will serve you will, if that is too big you can go for a 2002 ford focus, these are cars I would recommend for a beginner, they re standard , durable and easy to maintain.

Toyota is good but you wont see any one for less than million naira.

Best of luck, and dont let any one walk thru your mind with their dirty feet.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by solaris1: 2:50am On Apr 22, 2018
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, thank you for your speedy reply
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by solaris1: 3:43am On Apr 22, 2018
hi, my everwise nairalanders, does anybody know a very reliable and experienced Toyota paseo mechanic that won't drill holes in my pocket, I got a 1992 paseo, slightly old smiley and I'm fixing things, trying to avoid trial and error mechanics, i reside in ogba, thank you for your speedy reply
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 1:03am On Jun 05, 2018
Ease of movement ie eko for show, I strongly advice you use that money to buy a land, it will appreciate over time,100k basic is a no salary to use to maintain a car
I totally disagree with you on this sir. as if we don't see car owners with lesser salaries. what I expected u to say which would have been relevant to the topic is buying a type of car within one's means,period!!??

3 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 1:07am On Jun 05, 2018
coolluk:

I was surprised too, some people earn less and still use and maintain cars
I no know say u sef see am so o, my brother.

2 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 1:08am On Jun 05, 2018
davou4eva:
Bros, getting a car is not a luxury but a necessity. Just ensure to get a car that you can maintain within your income and ensure to be serious about the maintenance. I bought my first car when i was earning less than 100k and am already using my third car, i mean, i will sell the one am using and add some amount of money to buy new one. It's all about been prudent in your spending. Best
I salute u sir, so much sense and logic in ur response.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2018
FlyboyZee:
I bought my first car ever when my salary was N64,000.00/month. That was a/an '03 Honda Accord (EoD) that's in my profile pix. By the time ny salary was about N93,000.00/month, I was already driving my 4th car, a Mercedes Benz 190 E. Now that I'm earning about N160,000.00/monthly, I am driving a 2009/10 Honda Civic Coupé and it costs me next to nothing to keep her running.

If I can keep the car running with additional responsibilities such as house rent, school fees and other supports for younger siblings, then you can do it also. Do not mind those who are discouraging you. Please, follow your desires.
Hmmm, seems the Honda civic model is generally a cheap to maintain model.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
needful:
Pls get urself a very good car. Am on a 100k salary and I drive Rav4 2002 old generation model. My brother, to be sincere with u, I use 2500 fuel every week and am happy for that. No extra cost bro, go for ur mind and stop listening to all that negative thought.
Finally, the OP has his choice to make, That makes a man. All the best.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by weyreypey: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2019
needful:
Pls get urself a very good car. Am on a 100k salary and I drive Rav4 2002 old generation model. My brother, to be sincere with u, I use 2500 fuel every week and am happy for that. No extra cost bro, go for ur mind and stop listening to all that negative thought.

Is this still feasible in Nigeria?
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Olumyyde(m): 12:45am On Jan 06, 2019
weyreypey:

Is this still feasible in Nigeria?
Hmmm.
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Bettycars(m): 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
coolluk:
Hi Guys

cc

lalasticlala
Ishilove
Farano
Seun Seun Seun
Depending on your budget you can get a good but very cheap European used cars with us
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Slymonster(m): 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
coolluk:

Thanks, A Honda Accord fits this bill right?

Get a toyota for a start. You dont want the tyre to of that honda to disgrace you one day because you may not be sharp to detect that one tyre is about to pull off.

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by otosa(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ease of movement ie eko for show, I strongly advice you use that money to buy a land, it will appreciate over time,100k basic is a no salary to use to maintain a car
land at where with 100k, hope is not in Lagos here Sha?

1 Like

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Hotfreezer: 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
100k in 2015 when this thread was created isn't same as 100k in 2019.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
shocked

So a moderator after sipping bottles of highness decided to move a 2015 thread to FP in 2019??

Mehn! This world is full of surprises

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Yewandequeen(f): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2019
Na wa ooo. May God pick our call in time ooo. 2015 thread making it to fp after 4yrs...i give up

To the topic, yes it is when you work in the north. Feeding and accommodation is affordable yonder. Just cut your spending accordingly. If you can save half the salary, in 1yr n half you will have enough to get it. All u need is to get a car that is not expensive to maintain.

2 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by iamleumas: 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

So a moderator after sipping bottles of highness decided to move a 2015 thread to FP in 2019??

This world is full of surprises

2 Likes

Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Seun4FastLoans(f): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Buy a car dear . Drive around and enjoy life to the fullest.Life has no duplicate . YOLO

Need quick loan? Check below my comment
Re: 100k Salary Enough To Get A Car? by Ademuyiwa1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Getting a car is necessity but not compulsory. If u can get a tokunbi the assurance of not visiting the workshop all the time at least for the next 6-8months is guaranteed... But remember your salary will now be divided into an unexpected and expected, because you must maintain it at all times. U can also help yourself by picking people while go-to the office and when returning. But Toyota is the best for you. May be a Corolla but do more findings coz cars depends on maintenance and roads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Container Falls On Range Rover In Oyo, Truck Driver Flees (Pictures) / 2019 Toyota Hiace Bus Unveiled (photos) / Top 10 Most Expensive SUV 2015 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.