Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love (1869 Views)

Every Man Should Be Able To Do This With Their Lady... / 5 AWFUL Kissing Mistakes Guys Make That Completely Ruin The Mood / Five Texting Mistakes Guys Make When Chatting With A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Mogten(m): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
Women love to analyse things and that's why most ladies are fans of texting. So much so, that one of her most enjoyable activities is the guessing game — What Do You Think He Meant With That Text? To make sure you win at that game, keep these pointers handy:

No CAPS

The only time capital letters are allowed are at the beginning of a sentence or if you're saying OMG (but refrain from doing that often). The all caps makes you come across as pushy, loud and demanding attention.

Small talk

Guys, K is not a reply. If you ever reply to her one paragraph texts with a single alphabet, you better be fine with never hearing from her again. A curt reply like that makes you seem uncaring, uninterested and rude. However, if you do in fact, want to break up with a girl, K all the way.

No shorthand

Girls take trouble composing their texts. They will type and retype over and over again just so they can make sure it's perfect. While they don't expect you to take the same trouble, do make sure ur nt typng a msg lyk dis because they will dump you like a hot potato. No one over the age of 14 talks like that — it's childish and most women are turned off by it.

When in doubt

If you're not a star when it comes to wording love messages, you can cheat by quoting a romantic song or movie. You are guaranteed it will have nearly the same effect. But follow up by saying 'This always reminds me of you.'

Address her

When texting a girl, especially if you're just getting to know her, always use her name in the first text message you exchange. This is to clarify in her mind that you are not mass messaging and talking only to her. Like we said, ladies love to analyse your texts.

Play a little hard to get

Don't be too enthusiastic with your texts — for every two you send, make sure she replies at least once. Coming across as too eager — especially via text, which makes you look extra keen — might scare her off.

Word play

Whether it's sarcasm or a slightly naughty text, go slow and don't overdo it. Remember with text, a lot is lost in translation. What may seem cute while chatting will come across as cocky or rude via text.

Source: http://m.economictimes.com/magazines/panache/texting-your-lady-love-dont-make-these-mistakes/articleshow/46860592.cms
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
I once sent a sexxy text to my aunty by mistake shocked

Then, I wished I could just die, I was shouting, "somebody kill me ooooooo!!!"

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by jamex93(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Lolx

O
I
See

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by kendrick9(m): 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
What about after goin through all this stress just to impress her, she just replies u with k or hmm...

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by LewisO: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Not just knowing this.

But good one (op). cool
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by jamex93(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
GhostProtocol:

A guy in skul did d same mistake, he was telling the gal to come stay with him since he has no class

My guy man typ the text finish con send am for him father

Lolx

D guy off him phone tru out dat dat

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
jamex93:

A guy in skul did d same mistake, he was telling the gal to come stay with him since he has no class

Lolx

lol, he's own daddy? Shhh... That's too weird men, at least my aunty doesn't live with me, but that dude would have to go home and look his dad in the eye grin
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by jamex93(m): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
GhostProtocol:

lol, he's own daddy? Shhh... That's too weird men, at least my aunty doesn't live with me, but that dude would have to go home and look his dad in the eye grin

Hahahahaha

D guy even try cancel d message but u know all these Nokia phone, once u don send message no going back
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Mogten(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
jamex93:

Lolx

LOL. My cousin once made the exact same mistake, only that he texted one of our uncles. Omo the drama been no get part two. Uncle open text only to see say dem address am as "baby".
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by AfricanApple(f): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
GhostProtocol:

grin grin
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by jamex93(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mogten:

LOL. My cousin once made the exact same mistake, only that he texted one of our uncles. Omo the drama been no get part two. Uncle open text only to see say dem address am as "baby".

Lwkmd

Dat one na para mode o
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by justmag(m): 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
People will read this and still do the same dumb shitt. Pay attention and get the girl of your dream or girl of the moment... undecided...I have girls who screen shot chats they have with majority of u guys. It's sad to say d least. Step your game up!!
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
something about nairaland.......comments are more interesting than post..........
in case of wrong recipient.....
just quickly send another message with April fool as content.....
or something to make it look like it was just a joke.....
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by njuwo(m): 3:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why stress myself with all these when the girl will still be replying kkk to me.
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Mogten(m): 9:03am On Apr 10, 2015
jamex93:

Lwkmd

Dat one na para mode o
lol... as in eh! Real para
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
My mum is 'anti-bf n gf'

Na so I compose correct msg finish wan send am giv my babe, I mistkly click my mum because I use my love for my babe's n my lovely mum for my mom's. Na so d yeye Nokia fone send d msg enter my mom fone. I no bold go house dat day. grin
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
One is just fallin head over heel in love wit me in my office, but because of the nature of my job, I dnt hav dat time to be chattin or textin her, she is dyin emotionally. Am just havin fun
Re: Mistakes Guys Should Avoid Making When Texting Their Lady Love by sarmiie(m): 7:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
hmm....

(1) (Reply)

Things To Do When You Visit Your Fiancé Parent / Guys,what Can Make A Girl Win Your Heart? / Hilarious Photos: Ladies When Possing For Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.