Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (63683 Views)

15-Year-Old Marriage Crashing Over Mouth Action / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / Help.. My 4 Years Old Marriage Is Gradually Crashing Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Jblacki: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
1st she's a temperimental and u did not know b4 u probably marry her. I once date a lady dat z temperimental and I end up wit her coz been my fiance nd her temper is dat much den if marry her mistakenly she will stab me to death.
2nd she myt b kpin sm bad gossip frnds dat myt b causing dis too.
3rd she myt b pregnant so try 2 do a family investigation here @ dis point.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by dugochi: 3:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
My dear, dont give up too soon. Continue to be nice and caring, especially in the area of saying sorry. Very soon she will realise how silly she has been and turn a new leaf. God bless your marriage.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by QueenHeart(f): 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Pray about it also report her2her mum,Mothers hv ways of removing evil spirits from their daughtrs.she will change4gud jst b patient ok
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by lionphil(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
The truth is, Ur wife still believes u guys are dating she hasn't come to the marriage reality, u need to treat her like u are dating her too. then, she will react better...trust me! Please don't divorce her oh...I'm not a party to divorce that's why I'm reconsidering the whole marriage ish... I don't think it's worth it.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
pomsky:

[size=15pt]...... situational management is the name of the game. I BECAME A LION. Not that i beat her or physically abused her, no! But ANYTIME she got angry, i got angrier. Her anger began to breed anger in me. It wasn't easy, and at that point i was ready to end the relationship and told her so. I continually told her that the survival of the relationship was in her hands not mine!
Slowly but surely she began to change, and change she did, becos i learnt to roar. I know some people will bash me, but menh, i don't give a hoot! I survived, she survived, my marriage is on. We have been together now February this year makes it 15yrs.[/size]
I really wish Multicast can understand the dynamics

pomsky:
[size=15pt]And guess what, she's madly inlove with me, believes I'm the best(though i sometimes wonder what she sees in me that makes her think so), and she treats me like a king.[/size]

This why:
pomsky:
[size=15pt]I BECAME A LION.[/size]
Lions don't beat Lionesses, they simply roar the loudest.

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Aminat508(f): 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
egbaguy:
.....lol...... In other news,where is my @ aminat508?
am here jawe.....malaria won kill me
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Sanguine(f): 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
coogar:
•forming
•storming
•norming
•performing

you are at the storming stage in your marriage. endure it, persevere it and you would soon get past this phase. at least, she's decent enough to apologise whenever she says things that are bang out of order.

there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I just hope they don't end up getting to the adjourning stage. I so feel for this OP. I can just imagine...
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by daillest: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
z

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Despite the poster's apparent good mastery of Queen's English, he used the word 'marriage' 11 times, but misspelt the word 10 times. We really need to ask him the reasons behind the error. He might be in the same shoe with Op, I presume.
Lol..come on grin
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Chigold101(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
helen4:
sweetheart, unless u apologies or are u too big to do that?
oh sweet angel am very sorry. Just look for a better spot in ur heart to forgive me. Am so so very sorry for all that i have said and will say.

(kiss) (kiss)
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by egbaguy: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
Aminat508:
am here jawe.....malaria won kill me
eeeeyah.....pele!!!! Ao body now? She has been 'found' @dyt
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
Eluala:
she has successfully blackmailed you emotionally to the point of domination.

She knows what buttons to press and there you go working to please her like a robot while she enjoys herself. You have been rewarding this behavior by omission and commission. That's marriage is recommended only for mature people especially emotion and psychological maturity. She is dominating your psyche. She is marking and protecting her territory of which you are a part.

You have failed to assert yourself and the modus operandi for your relationship and that's why she is filling the gap. There is a role reversal going on. You have been too soft or love struck to see and play your role as the man of the house and now she is assuming that role. It's like spoiling a child and not being firm to punish bad behavior and expect that by some miracle when the child grows, she/he will suddenly become a good adult.
Omg Eluala..
Multicast are you listening?
@bolded Women hate it.

Eluala:
Tell her in very clear terms that in a marriage, there is a head and there is an assistant. You are the head and she is the vice
NEVER tell a woman verbally that you are the head. Do you know what women are capable of? SHOW that you are the head.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by helen4(f): 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
Chigold101:
oh sweet angel am very sorry. Just look for a better spot in ur heart to forgive me. Am so so very sorry for all that i have said and will say.

(kiss) (kiss)
accepted but watch out!!!!!!!!_
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by frisby: 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmmm...

See why it's good to listen to people share experiences.
Maybe we should just enjoy being single for as long as we can stretch it.

And it's quite baffling because every gal who wants to describe her ideal man will ALWAYS Start with " loving" "caring" "good natured" "attentive" etc.

So that leaves the questions:

1. does it mean they're just listing some empty memorized nonsense for the sake of social reputation

OR

2. does it mean they live with the purpose of someday finding that IDEAL man who'll provide the IDEAL environment for them to finally show their true (IDEAL) colours?

Thanks OP for this thread, for I've learned a lot from it.

1. Women don't know what they want
2. When they get what they want, they make you regret it
3. The nice guy doesn't get the girl, and when he eventually does, she makes him miserable...AND ENJOYS EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
4. You are not ready for marriage until you're ready to abandon your peace of mind (and probably your sanity too)

And finally

THERE'S "MR NICE GUY" and then THERE'S "A MAN", and only one run a. Family
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
multicast:
I am a fervent reader on Nairaland and i dont miss this forum in 1 day, i have seen people share their concerns here and a lot of people have contributed through their comments, though some are hillarious while others are on point. i will appreciate matured responses.

I did not marry a stranger to start with and its why i am very pained cuz i come here on nairaland and see how people get frustrated about their marriage based on cogent reasons but mine is different.

first of all, I got married in february and am already very tired of my wife, not because she isnt very sexy or good in bed as other may experienced but because my wife starts arguments from little things as little as why did u miss my call, even if its a BBM call thats dependent of network, after hours of begging i have to end up with uncountable "am sorry".

secondly, my wife find it very easy to engage in malice for days without bothering to reconcile, and i have to talk to her over again and make her see reason why such act is not good in marriage, for which she will later apologize and the next day or same day she is back again in another episode.

thirdly, every man love to be respected, when my wife starts her drama about missed call or other flimsy excuses, she starts talking to me like am her junior brother, calling me names and after noticing how mad i am with her, she will apologize but always repeat such act.

i feel the amount of love and attention she gets from me is too much and i am beginning to think i should make her understand what it feels like to have a frustrated marriage. though am yet to do that.

i honestly am not perfect but i have never used any harsh word while addressing her even when she is obviously wrong, i dont do so because i know the feeling when she use them for me. i wish i could anyway.

i grew up in a place where women are highly regarded and well treated and maybe its affecting me because i also help her do chores and i dont push all the house work to her as most men do.

i noticed i am always very unhappy and depressed the moment she comes up with this episodes and it may be because i love her so much and this is beginning to affect how i study and i might be forced to push her away first by not giving her attention as i used to.

My fellow Nairalanders, i respect ur opinion, hillarious ones and reasonable ones, marriage is not a bed of roses, i love my wife and i am not cheating on her, i am 100% married to her alone but her attitude is frustrating and i might have to leave her in the end. i hope i get lucky and this make FP so i can learn from experienced members before i take a decision, as we speak she has began the malice episode with me and if i dont apologize to her in 3 days, she is ready to go that far too.

sad sad sad cry

she loves you just that she gets annoyed and flares up easily,
she doesn't keep malice, but only needs your attention
show her love and whenever she starts be a man and quench it immediately. you can have many strategies od quenching it

ignore her ans when she is done tell her sorry,
show her how the words she uses pains you, its not wrong to show her crowded eyes sometimes(pretend to cry)
most especially avoid doing those things that makes her complain
always try to be transparent ans explain things for her without asking(don't wait for her to always ask for explanations)
pushing her out is the worst thing you can consider.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
publicenemy:

Be patient with her it. Will pass.you got married febuary. She is still cominng to terms With spending the rest of hher life with you or she is just trying to let herself trust you with her heart and life by pushing you to your limits and watching ur reaction. Donnt confirm her fears by being violent, just continue with the maturity it will pass. Happy married life.
Wow..'just learned something new today.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Lol... Na her true colour be this. Bros, once in a while punish her.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by luckydion(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
Firstly,
Peace & Joy in Marriage is very hard to get if God is abscent in the Home.

Do u know God? Live and act like HIM? Does ur wife?

Did u commited crame in her presence or to her knowledge?

stop those things if.

Build Your marriage foundation on Jesus Christ...... not just name christian but the Christ-like.

ofcourse, go down to your knee whe she is present and when she is not, pray to God for Peace in Marriage.

Secondary,
how was your dating foundation like? was she like that or she started after wedding or of recent?

Thirdly,
how is ur action and reaction before and after marriage, the same? change for the better or otherwise?

fourtly,
check her associates, stop the bad ones.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Dyt(f): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
egbaguy:
eeeeyah.....pele!!!! Ao body now? She has been 'found' @dyt

oya take her home
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
Cmeo:
An old man told me that the first year of every marriage is the toughest and determines the rest of the marriage life. He went further to say in that first year, woman would want to create niche or set tone for the marriage life, but man has to stand it ground and restrict the niche/tone, if not that niche/tone set by the woman will forever hold in the marriage life. So he told me to restrict niche/tone with all my might and never mind the heat at the time. My 2cent.
What an advice! I am seriously feeling the old man.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
Fourwinds:
what are u writing.?? Combining two independent words together. Nawa oooo

Lol..Touchscreen issues.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Votukpa:
OP,
Spank!

Put her on ur laps like u would ur son or daughter and spank her mercilessly until she begins to cry. Make sure she cries. This is important. , or at least get an emotional release from her.
You sound like a maniac! grin

That aside, I know of a woman who died in that exact spanking position.
You needed to see how muscular the husband who always spanked her on his knees looked, smh.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by hedgesfun(m): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
I had always said loves end where marriage starts and this is it in practice, u can't tell me all these started after you got married, but you were condoning it when u were dating cos u don't wanna make her feel bad now u couldn't take it anymore cos u expected her to change which is not possible as its part of her, it's always better to have a broken relationship than to have a broken marriage. Now what I would suggest is you talk to her when you two had no quarrel and let her realise you don't like those things and that she might force you to do things you don't wanna do if she continues, and if she does continue just one day u angrilly leave d house for like two days and tell her u 're not coming unless she change, if she loves you truly she will change if she doesn't then you can talk to religious leaders you know she respect. If those two don't work well I think you will have to carry the cross o
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Ekun123: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hello my brother, I am particularly touched with your case. Many may assume is just one of those stuff for gisting but the reality is that we have many couples expriencing this ugly situation.
To be on point, you are two different people from different background who are try to be together to run a family. In this your scenario, PATIENCE is the first tool to survive and you have find a suitable time outside the various scenes that normally happen and try to explain things in a very mature and understanding way.
Let her understand that sometimes you don't need to be too serious on some matters not because they are not important but they more delicate to handle, otherwise you will cause more damage than good. Exprience has shown that every partner in a union will have some attitudes that the other will just have to endure when it seems difficult to be changed. I am sure every professional develops their professional attitudes through training and re-training and never a sudden achievement. You may need to sermonise and positively tease her to understand you in a sensible way. This is what make you a man that can head a home. "TO BE A COMPLETE HUSBAND IS NOT TWO MONTH JOURNEY AND NOT JUST TO SAY I LOVE YOU BUT TO BE ENDURING AND PATIENCE WHEN EVENTS DEMANDS". Just like this one! God is your strength. Pray hard also.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
johnbycee2015:
I must commend u fr asking for help.Av been married for about 27 years so i am giving you an opinion based on experience.When i got married,my buddies who got married same time with me went thru this type of experience.They did not speak up,those who did refused to take advise.What happened,the wives got worse,continued to nag even when they {d wives}were in total control.Yet the men got tired along the line and they finally separated or divorced.Their chilren are the worse for it today,because i also see these children.
In my own case,my wife started that way.I made as much noise as she did,registered my displeasure at her attitude even when we are on an event.I mean i responded each time she started no matter where,{in public or at home.}yet i remained committed to the marriage because above all these episodes, i still loved her.We were also having our children.Somehow,in the process she began to see that it is not beneficial to any one if the woman decides to be a nag.The change started coming from her gradually,and i also adjusted as she did.The persistent quarells reduced.We are still happily married,facing lives challenges together.The love has also grown beyond my imagination.
Do all you can to be in charge now.Leave love to be in the background.Women are like the stem of planted yam seed.If you dont direct it,it can grow towards the wrong direction.
Reduce doing house chores,stop doing errands,do less talking,spring financial surprises some times and never you lift your hands on her.She will surely soften up.If she doesnt after you apply all thses,then be assured that she is not actually your wife.
Finally,dont complain to any one.If she does and someone asks you,treat her complain with levity.It will turn out fine.Best wishes. 08022956777 Johnson
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Ewuro4: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
5minsmadness:

Oh?
Facing a similar problem right now with Q.
That's why am up this late.
It can be so frustrating.
You ladies can be something else at times.

Chilax oga... You will never win & You can't do without us. tongue grin
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by beckycool: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
what you'll do is ignore her a bit. I know it's hard,but just try... You may go as far as leaving the house for her just for few hours. it could be 24hrs,48 or 72hrs. I bet she'll reset her brain sharply. at times,na craze dem dey use support love
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Chigold101(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
helen4:
accepted but watch out!!!!!!!!_
thank...

I should watch out for...?
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hahaha.....@ Akanoye15 brover U soo funny.... See as you dey laugh d guy like say him no get feelings.... So U devorced the woman knowing fully well that another man will fall into her trap again?
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by bronzemannuels(f): 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
well.... I think you should just ignore her completely, if she really loves u she would come back to u. U are a good man , helping her to do house chores , giving her all d attention ; dats a valuable thing to do. I feel u shld just ignore her for a period of time and see wat happens. I don't think it is a good idea to keep apologising for no good reason, she might get used to it and dat would not allow her to see dat she may be wrong. Asides dat, U are d man and whether she likes it or not she has to respect you. Talking to you like her younger brother is not good at all.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Kobeje(m): 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2015
InestamablJewel:

U R A REAL MAN, I LUFF U ALREADY..

Thanks. Luff u too.
Re: My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME by Kobeje(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
InestamablJewel:

U R A REAL MAN, I LUFF U ALREADY..

Thanks. Luff u too.

Those were some of the steps I took in some similar situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Identical Twin Sisters Die In Car Crash After Leaving Nightclub [photos] / Lovely Photo Of Couple Kissing But Their Baby Does Not Show One Bit Of Interest / My Friend's Wife Is Making Life Difficult For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.