Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever (622 Views)

Chief Of Defence Staff Vs Chief Of Army Staff: Which Position Is More Superior? / Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI / Fayose Lauds Buhari For Appointing Olonishakin Chief Of Defence Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by bugs2: 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh has given assurance that the country’s military officers will never again truncate the nation’s democratic process, saying that the military is subordinate to Nigerian constitution.

Badeh made this known yesterday when the military high command played host to a high powered team of members of the National Peace Committee for the 2015 General Election led by its chairman and former head of state, General Abulsalami Abubakar.

“The era of military rule is gone forever and ever in this country. In fact if there was military rule I am not sure if I could have been here. We are the armed forces of Nigeria and not that of any political party and will be subordinate to the constituted authorities”, Badeh said.

The CDS said that the present crop of military leaders were the product of democratic governance and would therefore not embark on any activity that could jeopardize the electoral processes in the country.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/04/chief-of-defence-staff-era-of-military-regimes-is-over-forever/
Re: Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by simplymade(m): 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
i comment my reserve
Re: Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by ramdris(m): 1:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
We hope so.
Re: Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by wordcat(m): 1:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
Goodder
Re: Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
sorry not when my country have endorsed the military truncation of democracy by voting Buhari who 30year ago truncated democracy

I think the message we have sent to soldiers is that you can end democracy and come back 30years later and get elected anyway
Re: Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by theV0ice: 1:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
mikeansy:
sorry not when my country have endorsed the military truncation of democracy by voting Buhari who 30year ago truncated democracy

I think the message we have said to soldiers is that you can end democracy and come back 30years later and get elected anyway

Ewoooo.....

How do I assuage the feelings of this my friend?? cry
Re: Chief Of Defence Staff : Era Of Military Regimes Is Over Forever by zimoni(f): 2:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
La so nah.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Rigging Pattern / I Feel Like Putting This On Every Section... / Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.