Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (36587 Views)

No Tribe Is Marginalised In Nigeria Fr Mbaka - Dailypost / Why Do Majority Of Yoruba Claim Lagos As State Of Origin. / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by disumusa: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Ode grin

Yoruba or Yoruba as your Fulani slave masters called you were owned by Bini Prince Ekaladerhan Imadoduwa that you call Oduduwa.

Sorry to bust your bubble. Oduduwa didn't fall from the sky.

Ordinary Bini Prince that was exiled became your god in Yaribaland.
voice of homeles ibo cheast beater.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Ode grin

Yoruba or Yoruba as your Fulani slave masters called you were owned by Bini Prince Ekaladerhan Imadoduwa that you call Oduduwa.

Sorry to bust your bubble. Oduduwa didn't fall from the sky.

Ordinary Bini Prince that was exiled became your god in Yaribaland.

god?? Hehehehe
And at the bolded are you kidding me? You are not intelligent at all for that statement. Get hold of yaaa self joor grin

Until you tell me why the word 'OBA' is being adopted by bini and how the so called master would chose to adopt the language of the so called slave.

What tribe/language the word 'OBA' derived from?
You never see anything. Today na today/saturday grin
Ohh you use smaleys too now?
We are getting there.

2 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
disumusa:
voice of homeles ibo cheast beater.

The e-rat is a bigot, known one and yoruab hater.

grin
Check the screen shot below

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

god?? Hehehehe
And at the bolded are you kidding me? You are not intelligent at all for that statement. Get hold of yaaa self joor grin

Until you tell me why the word 'OBA' is being adopted by bini and how the so called master would chose to adopt the language of the so called slave.

What tribe/language the word 'OBA' derived from?
You never see anything. Today na today/saturday grin
Ohh you use smaleys too now?
We are getting there.
From the Yoruba language of the Yoruba subject of Bini Prince Ekaladerhan Imadoduwa.

The master is the owner of the slave and the slave's language.

He can do anything with it.
If Ekaladerhan liked, he could even tell Yoruba people to stop talking altogether.

smiley
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

grin
but it's true na...

Everyone knows that many Igbo girls are naturally fair...and don't need to bleach na...and that Yoruba girls are usually dark but many turn red, white and multi-coloured.

No be say Igbo no dey bleach but una bleach pass.

Saying the truth is not bigotry.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:
but it's true na...

Everyone knows that many Igbo girls are naturally fair...and don't need to bleach na...and that Yoruba girls are usually dark but many turn red, white and multi-coloured.

No be say Igbo no dey bleach but una bleach pass.

Saying the truth is not bigotry.

Isn't it obvious? Or where did you draw your stats?

What's percentage of yoruba women?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/nigerian-women-lead-in-skin-bleaching-who/
The link above you stated 70% of nigerian women.
You see, you argue base on emotion and pain.
This is why I hate when people argue base on emotion and hate grin
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Rotimi47: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:
History of Lagos State

Prior to the Portuguese name of Lagos being adopted, Lagos was originally called Eko, which stems from either Oko (Yoruba: "cassava farm"wink or Eko ("war camp"wink, by its Bini conquerors. History has it that the Oba of Bini sent various trade expeditions to Ghana where spices were traded and one of his traders complained about the way she was being treated by the Awori's. The Oba of Bini then sent a trade expedition by sea. Ironically, the leader of the expedition arrived in the evening at a time when the people who were predominantly fishermen were either wading into the water or getting into their boats to gather their catch. He declined to engage them further and returned to what is now called Benin City where he reported to the Oba of Bini that they were attacked. This prompted the Oba of Bini to constitute a war expedition led by Ado, a Bini Prince to go to Lagos and demand an explanation. This was over 650 years ago. However, on getting there, they were well received. The people were so enamored with Ado they asked him to stay and lead them. He agreed on the condition that they surrendered their sovereignty to the Oba of Bini to which they agreed. The Oba of Bini was told this and he gave his permission for the expedition to remain. The Oba of Bini later sent some of his chiefs including the Eletu Odibo, Obanikoro and others to assist Ado in the running of Eko. Till today, the Oba of Lagos is the head of all the Kings in Lagos State and his status is different from other Oba's most of whom were later given back their crowns and staff of office only within the last 40 years and have various classifications. Suffice it to state that those who got their crowns back were the original land owners. These were Olofin's children. Moreover, modern day Lagosians have so intermingled that no single tribe or people can claim it even though the predominant language is Yoruba. The present day Lagos state has a higher percent of this sub-group who allegedly migrated to the area from Isheri along the Ogun river.

History has it that the Awori were actually from Ife the cradle of Yorubaland. The Awori people are a peaceful people initially not taken to warfare. Due to war, those from the hinterlands, like the Ekiti ran towards Isheri which at that time had more than one Olofin (Alafin)who were heads of probably respective settlements about 1400AD. With the fleeing people from the hinterlands most of them scattered again to different places, some to Iro, to Otta, Ado, others to Ebute Metta i.e three landing places - Oyingbo, Iddo and Lagos Island (Eko). The Olofin that brought those who went to Ebute-Metta was Ogunfunminire later known as Agbodere. With the full commencement of the war about 2000 moved to the nearest island of Iddo, others to Otto Awori or Otto Ijanikin towards modern-day Badagry. Those from Ekiti Aramoko came to Ebute-Metta, Iddo and then Ijora. The Olofin was said to have 32 children. His own known children are Olumegbon, Aromire, Oloto, Oluwa, Oniru, Onisiwo, Onitoolo, and Elegushi. Ojora, Onikoyi and Mogiso were not his biological children. After the demise of Agbodere, the name Olofin became the name used to remember him while a title of Oloto was given to his seccessor. With one of his sons becoming the Oloto his other children parted ways to what is known as visible settlements in the present day Lagos. Aromire whose name means defeated the river or became the river's friend is likely to be the first to cross being said to have swam across the river. It is possible that his real name is not Aromire but due to the feat he became known as such.

Until the coming of the Bini's, Lagos's geographic boundary was what is known now as Lagos Mainland. Lagos Island, the seat of the Oba of Lagos then consisted of a pepper farm and fishing posts. No one lived there though. The name Eko was given to it by its first King Oba Ado during its early history, it also saw periods of rule by the Kingdom of Benin.[1] Eko was the land area now known as Lagos Island where the king's palace was built. The Palace is called Iga Idunganran which, translated means Palace built on the pepper farm. Oba Ado and the warriors from Benin as well as some of the indigenous people who sought safety settled down in the southern part of Eko called "Isale Eko", Isale literarily meaning bottom, but must have been used to indicate downtown (as in Downtown Lagos).

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagelinks.php?p=8
Lie lie! Funny people just creating funny links which make me remember an SMS I got directly from glo ( logo, number etc) confirmed as glo but getting to glo office they have to check vividly and alas it was not genuine.

2 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

From the Yoruba language of the Yoruba subject of Bini Prince Ekaladerhan Imadoduwa.

The master is the owner of the slave and the slave's language.

He can do anything with it.
If Ekaladerhan liked, he could even tell Yoruba people to stop talking altogether.

smiley

Is the word 'OBA' derive from yoruba language or bini language?
Answer and quit salivating grin

And..ermmmm point of correction, yoruba sub-group not yoruba.
Didn't link proved that? Dispute it with fact how you came to the conclusion when you wrote' yoruba ' rather than ilorin/bini.
grin

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

grin

Who told you that is hatred?

If I say Arabs are aggressive and tend to be extremists, is that hatred?

If I say Chinese are short, is that hatred?

If I say yorubas are...(let me see) they tend to be more polygamous than Igbos, is that hatred?

As I speak to you I'm in Shomolu with my long time friends, having fun on a rainy Saturday. Most are yoruba. I love them and thank God I met them. Because of them, I know that not all yorubas are as stupidd as you and the others like you here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Who told you that is hatred?

If I say Arabs are aggressive and tend to be extremists, is that hatred?

If I say Chinese are short, is that hatred?

If I say yorubas are...(let me see) they tend to be more polygamous than Igbos, is that hatred?

As I speak to you I'm in Shomolu with my long time friends, having fun on a rainy Saturday. Most are yoruba. I love them and thank God I met them. Because of them, I know that not all yorubas are as stupidd as you and the others like you here.

I hope you won't also consider it hate while I remind you that 80% ibo ladies outside SE/within are into prostitution?

If I say, most are into illegal activities, push drugs?

I hope you won't see that as hate as well? grin

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

Is the word 'OBA' derive from yoruba language or bini language?
Answer and quit salivating grin
And..ermmmm point of correction, yoruba sub-group not yoruba.
Didn't link proved that? Dispute it with fact how you came to the conclusion when you wrote' yoruba ' rather than ilorin/bini.
grin
To be frank, I don't know where the word came from.

But I know that Ekaladerhan owned yoruba and their language.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

I hope you won't also consider it hate while I remind you that 80% ibo ladies outside SE/within are into prostitution?

If I say, most are into illegal activities, push drugs?

I hope you won't see that as hate as well? grin

If it is reasonable enough, it wouldn't be hate.

But there's nothing to indicate that what you said is true...so I might see it as hate or stupidity.

Give me one SE name into illegal biz or prostitution and I'll give you 10 names that arent.

Real verifiable names, no fiction.

But if you can give me the name of one yoruba man that has no child out of wedlock, married one wife, I'll give you 2 that are polygamous/promoscuous...to buttress my point.

If you give me reason to change my opinion, I will.

It's reason, not emotions. Truth is truth whether you like it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:
To be frank, I don't know where the word came from.

But I know that Ekaladerhan owned yoruba and their language.

To be frank? The word OBA ' is derived from yoruba language : kabiesi, OBA.

Can you back you own made claim,yoruba as a whole or sub of yoruba?
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

But there's nothing to indicate that what you said is true...so I might see it as hate or stupidity.

Give me one SE name into illegal biz or prostitution and I'll give you 10 names that arent.

But if you can give me the name of one yoruba man that has no child out of wedlock, married one wife, I'll give you 2 that are polygamous/promoscuous...to buttress my point.

Since you are more than certain that indeed, according to you' all?
Considering the fact that yoruba male population is above 5million, could u please list and mention of names of yoruba over 5million who engages in polygamy?

Yes. I can provide and back my claim most ibo men push drugs and ladies are into (80% )prostitution.

2 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

Since you are more than certain that indeed, according to you' all?
Considering the fact that yoruba male population is above 5million, could u please list and mention of names of yoruba over 5million who engages in polygamy?

Yes. I can provide and back my claim most ibo men push drugs and ladies are into (80% )prostitution.
Are you using your brain at all?

Do I have to mention 170million Nigerian names to prove that Nigerians are generally warm?

Do I need to mention 1.5 billion Chinese names to show that Chinese are generally short?

You seem to be in enmity with truth.

I even made it easy for you.

I say mention one, I'll mention two...

Yet you can't take the challenge.

I said gimme one Igbo in illegal biz and I'll give you 10 legits.....Yet you're afraid

Just admit the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

To be frank? The word OBA ' is derived from yoruba language : kabiesi, OBA.

Can you back you own made claim,yoruba as a whole or sub of yoruba?

Yoruba is Yoruba.

The subjects of Bini Prince Ekaladerhan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

See you stupidity in public

Didn't bolded part engulp all . So then provide the name of over 5million yoruba men worldwide that enage in polygamy or? Iishhh yaa mouth grin

Insult now, I love it when an igbo man vex..e dey sweet my belle
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by macof(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:
Whether I'm Edo, Igbo, Hausa, Nupe...or even Japanese.

Binis colonized Lagos. Fulanis colonized Ilorin.

I don't know why these simple truths are making you contemplate suicide.
No it matters that you are igbo

In all this earth only you igbos don't know your origins and claim anything that seems attractive, today it's israel, tomorrow its Egypt. in all southern Nigeria, only you disregard your ancestral Spirituality, and in all africa only you have lost so much of your identity and are fast becoming westernized, in all Nigeria it is you that pick a fight with other ethnic groups

You need to go to ur disgusting quaters to face your problems and stop attacking others. ..
But you won't do the needful, you lot prefer to just sit in one corner to attack Hausas, Fulani, Ijaw, Edo but mostly Yorubas. ..you know what your problem is? Jealousy! An underachieved people who prefer to attack others by calming history for others while your history is dead grin

Anytime you foolish people want to attack yoruba you do it with fulani or Bini why not face yoruba directly? Underachieved wasted people grin grin

Why not open a thread on Oweeri or any town, let's read your history if you even know it grin grin wasted bunch of silly people
You come here insulting a people that are better organized tthan you

The only fact here(one that can be verified by simply going down to these places and conduct a research.) is that Bini warriors settled in Eko and were received by the Aromire (an Idejo chief)..today the Bini lineages call the Aromire lineages by "onile" meaning "land owner"...the Bini lineages in Lagos today do not call themselves Bini but Yoruba. ..Oba Akiolu today is a Yoruba man of Awori stock

5 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Yoruba is Yoruba.

The subjects of Bini Prince Ekaladerhan.

Case closed.
OBA is yoruba and it's consider/well know yoruba word for KING which has been adopted by bini tongue
Ode ni oo grin

3 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by OreMI22: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
[size=17pt]

Unless the Daura President implements the agreements of Nigerians at the CONFAB, there will be crisis in Nigeria.

Buhari has said he will dump the CONFAB agreements into the dustbin.

As for me and my own corner of Nigeria, CONFAB approved a 50% derivation principle.What needs to happen now is a guerrilla warfare against oil pipelines, installations and personnel until the agreement is implemented.
[/size]
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:
Are you using your brain at all?

Do I have to mention 170million Nigerian names to prove that Nigerians are generally warm?

Do I need to mention 1.5 billion Chinese names to show that Chinese are generally short?

You seem to be in enmity with truth.

I even made it easy for you.

I say mention one, I'll mention two...

Yet you can't take the challenge.

I said gimme one Igbo in illegal biz and I'll give you 10 legits.....Yet you're afraid

Just admit the truth

Ooh please ishhhhhhh that yaa mouth abeg lipsrsealed

It's a well known fact that your men are More into drug pushing.
To such extent that even tai police pointed that out.
You expect me to spam the whole cyber just to satisfy you? Google is you pal.

https://www.nairaland.com/2250143/video-thai-police-talks-igbo

™And as for you prostitution, none can dispute that. Google is your friend¡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZNZ-QwOHA
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by macof(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Imadoduwa and Izoduwa are the same name. Same meaning.

Tell us the meaning of Oduduwa in Yoruba and if it is the same as Oodua.
Even the word "Yoruba" is a name derived from "Yoruba," the slave name your Fulani slave masters gave you. Not so?

You are still displaying the same stupidity
1. You don't speak Bini...so you don't know
2. Those two names are different, they not only mean different (although similar) things
3. Lemme use examples here, seeing as you are born to be stuupid - Ian and John mean the same thing
But I can't be named John and answer Ian. ..same way an Imadoduwa cannot answer Izoduwa

I don't need to tell you the meaning of Oduduwa...go and learn yoruba language if u want to figure the name out

grin grin another false claim by an igbo iidiot...Yoruba is a name given by the Songhai of Mali
Btw It's actually the yorubas who slaved fulanis not the other way

3 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

See you stupidity in public
Didn't bolded part engulp all . So then provide the name of over 5million yoruba men worldwide that enage in polygamy or? Iishhh yaa mouth grin
Insult now, I love it when an igbo man vex..e dey sweet my belle

I just thank that not all Yorubas are this daft.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
macof:

You are still displaying the same stupidity
1. You don't speak Bini...so you don't know
2. Those two names are different, they not only mean different (although similar) things
3. Lemme use examples here, seeing as you are born to be stuupid - Ian and John mean the same thing
But I can't be named John and answer Ian. ..same way an Imadoduwa cannot answer Izoduwa

I don't need to tell you the meaning of Oduduwa...go and learn yoruba language if u want to figure the name out

grin grin another false claim by an igbo iidiot...Yoruba is a name given by the Songhai of Mali
Btw It's actually the yorubas who slaved fulanis not the other way

Oduduwa has no meaning abeg!

And he didn't fall from the sky!
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

I just thank that not all Yorubas are this daft.

And I quote you public, unthoughtful mention again

When you use such word. 'show me one yoruba married man that has no child out of wedlock!!

Should you akpu brain not draw you attention that you've automatically applied the word 'all. Married yoruba men are promiscuous ? grin too much akpu isn't good for yaa

Cheii indeed the word daft is meant for you

Ok let let's pretend I was wrong now grin or I don't know what i'm saying,right?

Oya fire and let's see your prove.

Oya oo grin
Waiting for you to make fool of yaa self in public grin

1 Like

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 8:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

Ooh please ishhhhhhh that yaa mouth abeg lipsrsealed

It's a well known fact that your men are More into drug pushing.
To such extent that even tai police pointed that out.
You expect me to spam the whole cyber just to satisfy you? Google is you pal.

https://www.nairaland.com/2250143/video-thai-police-talks-igbo

™And as for you prostitution, none can dispute that. Google is your friend¡

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZNZ-QwOHA

It's probably Yoruba people using igbo names to commit crimes...as they did here:

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/visa-applicant-lands-in-police-net-after-boyfriend-helped-forge-visas/
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

And I quote you public, unthoughtful mention again

When you use such word. 'show me one yoruba married man that has no child out of wedlock!!

Should you akpu brain not draw you attention that you've automatically applied the word 'all. Married yoruba men are promiscuous ? grin too much akpu isn't good for yaa

Cheii indeed the word daft is meant for you

Ok let let's pretend I was wrong now grin or I don't know what i'm saying,right?

Oya fire and let's see your prove.

Oya oo grin
Waiting for you to make fool of yaa self in public grin

Look. If you don't understand English, let's communicate in pidgin.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
macof:

No it matters that you are igbo

In all this earth only you igbos don't know your origins and claim anything that seems attractive, today it's israel, tomorrow its Egypt. in all southern Nigeria, only you disregard your ancestral Spirituality, and in all africa only you have lost so much of your identity and are fast becoming westernized, in all Nigeria it is you that pick a fight with other ethnic groups

You need to go to ur disgusting quaters to face your problems and stop attacking others. ..
But you won't do the needful, you lot prefer to just sit in one corner to attack Hausas, Fulani, Ijaw, Edo but mostly Yorubas. ..you know what your problem is? Jealousy! An underachieved people who prefer to attack others by calming history for others while your history is dead grin

Anytime you foolish people want to attack yoruba you do it with fulani or Bini why not face yoruba directly? Underachieved wasted people grin grin

Why not open a thread on Oweeri or any town, let's read your history if you even know it grin grin wasted bunch of silly people
You come here insulting a people that are better organized tthan you

The only fact here(one that can be verified by simply going down to these places and conduct a research.) is that Bini warriors settled in Eko and were received by the Aromire (an Idejo chief)..today the Bini lineages call the Aromire lineages by "onile" meaning "land owner"...the Bini lineages in Lagos today do not call themselves Bini but Yoruba. ..Oba Akiolu today is a Yoruba man of Awori stock

Lagos is no man's land according to Lagos Govt. Hit your head on the wall.
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by italo: 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Twistaray:

Case closed.
OBA is yoruba and it's consider/well know yoruba word for KING which has been adopted by bini tongue
Ode ni oo grin

Binis colonized your lands...named your towns, foisted their chieftaincy titles on you...collected tributes and sent to Oba in Benin...

...and adopted one word from you, according to you...

And you're dancing happily.

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

It's probably Yoruba people using igbo names to commit crimes...as they did here:

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/visa-applicant-lands-in-police-net-after-boyfriend-helped-forge-visas/

grin o really?

I'm glad the truth is there for all to see grin
I love the way you skipped that
Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by macof(m): 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Oduduwa has no meaning abeg!

And he didn't fall from the sky!

Lagos is no man's land according to Lagos Govt. Hit your head on the wall.

gringrin
pls tell us the meaning of Igbo. .. bush people grin
You are just a pitiable underdog in African civilization, a people without history

Because I refuse to tell you the meaning doesn't = it has no meaning. .. go and learn yoruba language and get initiated if you want to know about Oduduwa

grin grin Lagos State is Awori, Ijebu, Egun with scattered Owu settlements along with Saro and Aguda but there's no Igbo
Go hit yourself on the wall cus Lagos is yoruba
Of course you being an idiot with an underachieved history would wish to claim a prosperous land that doesn't belong to your father

3 Likes

Re: 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt by Twistaray(m): 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
italo:

Look. If you don't understand English, let's communicate in pidgin.

The moment you are ready to switch you comedy mode do let me know. grin

Now tell, is ibo tribe devoud of promiscuous or polygamy?

I don't know how many yoruba family you've came in contact with that so much that you ar e certain 1 out of 3 yoruba married yoruba men have a child out of wedlock.

Prove your point with facts abeg and stop feeling ontop of the world already grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Osun Airport: Gov Adeleke Assures Of Speedy Completion, meets Aregbesola(Pics) / Governor Umahi's Massive Convoy At UNN (Video) / Chimaroke Nnamani Declares Support For Kelvin Chukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.