Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan (37359 Views)

Why Buhari Postponed Lagos Visit – Presidency / Buhari Cancels Lagos Visit Over Ear Infection - Sahara Reporters / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by januzaj(m): 8:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday faulted a claim by the All Progressives Congress that his Thursday visit to Lagos was to coordinate rigging plans for the Peoples Democratic Party in the Saturday governorship election.

He wondered why he would rig the governorship election for the PDP when he did not rig the March 28 presidential election in which he was a candidate.

Jonathan’s position was contained in a statement made available to journalists by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati.

Abati insisted that there was nothing unusual in people paying homage to the President when he is on a visit to Lagos or any other part of the country.

He said the APC spokesman lied as usual and was rude to insinuate that Jonathan met with people in Lagos for the purpose of rigging the elections.

The presidential spokesman said Muhammed and his paymasters were only cooking up meaningless tales in order to change the commendation Jonathan had received across the globe for conceding defeat in the presidential election.

He said, “Lai Muhammed is wrong to say that the President came to Lagos to rig the governorship and State House of Assembly elections scheduled for Saturday, April 11. He is of course lying as usual. And rude.

“President Jonathan visited Lagos. He arrived on Thursday and left on Friday. People visited him. So what? Anytime the President is in Lagos or any part of the country, a lot of people come to pay homage to him.

“Nothing unusual happened during his last visit to Lagos. Senator Musiliu Obanikoro’s visit to the President in Lagos is not something that anybody should use to play politics. Koro is a Minister of the Federal Republic. He came to see his boss.

“Mr. Jimi Agbaje is the governorship candidate of the PDP in Lagos. I don’t see how his visit to the President, who is also the leader of his party, the PDP, should become an issue.

“Yes, Gani Adams also visited, but so did a lot of other people.”

Abati added that the President did not hold meetings with INEC officials, neither did he meet with the police, polling officials or with anybody who is involved in organising elections.

He said to claim that the President went to Lagos to supervise the rigging of Saturday’s election was most uncharitable and cruel.

“After the presidential election, the President immediately congratulated Gen. Buhari and the whole world has commended him for saving Nigeria.

“President Jonathan’s sportsmanship, statesmanship and leadership saved this country at that critical moment. He has demonstrated his commitment to free and fair election, the rule of law and due process. He has shown that he is a man of character, honour and integrity. Nigerians generally are proud of him.

“He has left a worthy legacy and shown a great example. That, obviously, is the narrative that Lai Muhammed and his masters want to change, so they are now cooking up meaningless tales.

“Lai Muhammed should look for another target and leave the President alone. His fatuous tale does not make any sense. I repeat: we will like to advise that the APC should just leave the President alone.

“President Jonathan was a candidate in the presidential election; he did not rig the election. Why would he want to rig tomorrow’s elections? he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-lagos-visit-not-to-rig-for-agbaje-jonathan/

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by ozoigbondu: 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2015
APC should take serious time.lie mohamned should respect himself.The man and his party thinks we are fools.Jonathan can visit every inch of Nigeria.Buhari has been moving around in the south east and south south but Metuh has not accused anyone of trying to rig elections.Tinubu too has been holding meeting here and there and Jonathan met with chieftains in lagos he is accused of trying to rig.

Keep on insulting Jonathan ,Buhari will soon enter the hot seat and he should prepare for baptism by fire.

JayKee we know,JayKee we love,JayKee we trust.

271 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Jonathan is a man of integrity, He can't stoop so low like the likes of Tinubu, Rigging and Jonathan is like Water and Fire.

Lie mohammed should say something else...

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Princecalm(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Yea, not to rig but for him to also concede defeat so there will be peace.

23 Likes

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by agarawu23(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
we didn't doubt you sir! your own rigging didn't work, how will Agbaje own work?

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by cozy7(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
What is he now doing in Lagos?
Oh God! Corruption has come ooo

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by ammyluv2002(f): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Jonathan is a man of integrity, He can't stoop so low like the likes of Tinubu, Rigging and Jonathan is like Water and Fire.

Lie mohammed should say something else...
Thank you kiss

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Ewizard(m): 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
GEJ!
Man of the Year!

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by thinkdip(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
don't mind those fools Mr president, they are only jealous of their miscalculation about you.
what they thought you'll do you didn't do and what they thought you won't do you did...They miscalculated things about you and we're utterly embarrassed and confused.

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Truth24(m): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
President Jonathan dis ur gentility is beginning to make me feel somehow
U're d President of Nigeria atleast for d time being for crying sake

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by TRADELYN: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
The insults against the office of the president and his person by the APC are too much.

The APC should expect worse when Buhari gets there come May 29.

#MayGODBlessGEJ!

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by raumdeuter: 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
Election is tomorrow, Shouldnt Jonathan be in his hometown Bayelsa voting House of Assembly members

But the disgraced soon to be ex-president cant just keep his nose out of Lagos

The same embarrassment that was meted to you 2 weeks ago still awaits you tomorrow in Lagos

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Princess042(f): 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan, don't mind the haters.
They are just so obsessed with you...
Jk for Lagos

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by dayo23(f): 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
GEJ should go and rest in otueke, lagos can never be for PDP, not on this earth!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by dayo23(f): 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
They are wasting there time, lagos is not for PDP experiment! We Yoruba have decided what is best for us, it is our land.

Ambode 2015
Next Governor of Lagos

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by honourhim: 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
Why is APC abusing Jonathan's gentility? Hope they wont scream blue murder when people starts insulting Buhari in his tenure?

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by dayo23(f): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
raumdeuter:
Election is tomorrow, Shouldnt Jonathan be in his hometown Bayelsa voting House of Assembly members

But the disgraced soon to be ex-president cant just keep his nose out of Lagos

The same embarrassment that was meted to you 2 weeks ago still awaits you tomorrow in Lagos
He will be humiliated and embarass, bunch of loosers

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by kodded(m): 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
TRADELYN:
The insults against the office of the president and his person by the APC are too much.

The APC should expect worse when Buhari gets there come May 29.

#MayGODBlessGEJ!
don't worry karma exist

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by sosanova: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2015
thank u Mr President, the thunder wey go strike Liar Mohammed is coming from Hell fire. meanwhile Jimi Agabje the real son of the soil from Lagos State for Governor

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Texcoco(m): 9:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
Why Jonathan dey follow dis people yarn self?? Sometimes this man can be too gentle to a fault,im for just leave them make belle worry dem die especially those animals Lie Mohammed and Akiolu.....Tomorrow,we popping champagne at Lagoon beach.,..SAI Buhari,Sai Agbaje....chai thieffnubu.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by PentiumPro(f): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
Jonathan should respect himself for the next couple of weeks he would be President and stop meddling in state guber elections affairs.
Respect yourself

19 Likes

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by PentiumPro(f): 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
Texcoco:
Why Jonathan dey follow dis people yarn self?? Sometimes this man can be too gentle to a fault,im for just leave them make belle worry dem die especially those animals Lie Mohammed and Akiolu.....Tomorrow,we popping champagne at Lagoon beach.,..SAI Buhari,Sai Agbaje....chai thieffnubu.
This goat I'm sure can't find his way around lagos

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by sosanova: 9:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
PentiumPro:
Jonathan should respect himself for the next couple of weeks he would be President and stop meddling in state guber elections affairs.
Respect yourself
Miss Fool of the year, how did he meddle into state Gubernatorial elections, did he order the redeployment of INEC REC of Lagos or did he put any APC leader in Lagos under house arrest, when Buhari visited Lagos this week n came to Orile with Thief-nubu to beg Igbos to vote Ambode, why didn't u tell Buhari not to meddle in State Governorship election ...YEYE dey worry u

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Pataki: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Apparently this Jonathan must have thrown away his common sense once again. What are you doing in Lagos State on the eve to an election day? Not only that, you even have the temerity to meet a local tout who is well known for trouble making in the SW. Why is that this Jonathan attracted to touts, militants, war lords, anywhere he goes in Nigeria? Why? Why??

Nigeria will surely be better off without you. Good riddance to the clueless leadership you have brought upon this nation.

Ambode for Governor! Gbogbo wa la l'eko!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Zuria(f): 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Just as Buhari came to rig election for Ambode by threatening lagosians ba?grin grin grin

Mr. President, you don't owe anyone any explanation, the people of Lagos would go out and vote as they trust their votes would count as part of your electoral reform cool cool

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by PentiumPro(f): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
sosanova:

Miss Fool of the year, how did he meddle into state Gubernatorial elections, did he order the redeployment of INEC REC of Lagos or did he put any APC leader in Lagos under house arrest, when Buhari visited Lagos this week n came to Orile with Thief-nubu to beg Igbos to vote Ambode, why didn't u tell Buhari not to meddle in State Governorship election ...YEYE dey worry u

See your ugly face!
Nonsense! If your brain can't process simple information, whose fault ?
Ewu Abia!

18 Likes

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by fitzmayowa: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
Even after presidential election they won't allow GEJ rest, atleast GMB has been travelling all around and no one accuses him of wanting to rig election...

Why accuse someone that couldn't even rig his own election of wanting to rig elections in lagos Enough of all this propaganda, propaganda can take you far, but it can't sustain you...

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by kennydee05(m): 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Ok
What is Jonathan looking for in Lagos sef?
Ok by the virtue of being the President he has the right, but why is he not exercising such right too in Borno or Yobe...
Jonathan, Obanikoro will collect the remaining dollars from you and nothing will happen....

19 Likes

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Tomiishola: 9:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Let him respect himself and not try and rubbish, Jimi is a drowning man who is looking for someone to drag down with himself

9 Likes

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Akanbee2015: 9:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Liar mohammed pls No mind that lie mohammed.The man and his party thinks we are fools.Jonathan can visit every inch on Nigeria.Buhari has been moving around in the south east and south south but Metuh has not accused anyone of trying to rig elections.Tinubu too has been holding meeting here and there and Jonathan met with chieftains in lagos he is accused of trying to rig

JayKee we know,JayKee we love,JayKee we trust.

I hear Una. sebi Jonathan no rig for Rivers, Enugu and Akwa Ibom? What of Ekiti wey him and Fayose follow rig? How I wish Jonathan knows what integrity is. Jonathan meeting with Gani Adams of all the human beings in the world. Do u know how much Gani got to 'secure' our pipelines and water ways, just few days to the last Presidential election? GEJ is a lying crook and he would soon be exposed.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"We Are Not Yet Ripe For It": APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, IReV / Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Senator Ali Wakili Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.