Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan (37376 Views)

Why Buhari Postponed Lagos Visit – Presidency / Buhari Cancels Lagos Visit Over Ear Infection - Sahara Reporters / Oba Of Lagos Might Be Working For Agbaje ,don Jazzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by aris2014(m): 10:07am On Apr 11, 2015
cozy7:
What is he now doing in Lagos?
Oh God! Corruption has come ooo
Is lagos state not under is rule anymore? Nigeria with their fish brain
Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by 989900: 10:34am On Apr 11, 2015
raumdeuter:
Election is tomorrow, Shouldnt Jonathan be in his hometown Bayelsa voting House of Assembly members

But the disgraced soon to be ex-president cant just keep his nose out of Lagos

The same embarrassment that was meted to you 2 weeks ago still awaits you tomorrow in Lagos

You just won the award for the dumbest post of the year.

Congrats to you and the 80+ who liked your post.
Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by mechanics(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2015
januzaj:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday faulted a claim by the All Progressives Congress that his Thursday visit to Lagos was to coordinate rigging plans for the Peoples Democratic Party in the Saturday governorship election.

He wondered why he would rig the governorship election for the PDP when he did not rig the March 28 presidential election in which he was a candidate.

Jonathan’s position was contained in a statement made available to journalists by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati.

Abati insisted that there was nothing unusual in people paying homage to the President when he is on a visit to Lagos or any other part of the country.

He said the APC spokesman lied as usual and was rude to insinuate that Jonathan met with people in Lagos for the purpose of rigging the elections.

The presidential spokesman said Muhammed and his paymasters were only cooking up meaningless tales in order to change the commendation Jonathan had received across the globe for conceding defeat in the presidential election.

He said, “Lai Muhammed is wrong to say that the President came to Lagos to rig the governorship and State House of Assembly elections scheduled for Saturday, April 11. He is of course lying as usual. And rude.

“President Jonathan visited Lagos. He arrived on Thursday and left on Friday. People visited him. So what? Anytime the President is in Lagos or any part of the country, a lot of people come to pay homage to him.

“Nothing unusual happened during his last visit to Lagos. Senator Musiliu Obanikoro’s visit to the President in Lagos is not something that anybody should use to play politics. Koro is a Minister of the Federal Republic. He came to see his boss.

“Mr. Jimi Agbaje is the governorship candidate of the PDP in Lagos. I don’t see how his visit to the President, who is also the leader of his party, the PDP, should become an issue.

“Yes, Gani Adams also visited, but so did a lot of other people.”

Abati added that the President did not hold meetings with INEC officials, neither did he meet with the police, polling officials or with anybody who is involved in organising elections.

He said to claim that the President went to Lagos to supervise the rigging of Saturday’s election was most uncharitable and cruel.

“After the presidential election, the President immediately congratulated Gen. Buhari and the whole world has commended him for saving Nigeria.

“President Jonathan’s sportsmanship, statesmanship and leadership saved this country at that critical moment. He has demonstrated his commitment to free and fair election, the rule of law and due process. He has shown that he is a man of character, honour and integrity. Nigerians generally are proud of him.

“He has left a worthy legacy and shown a great example. That, obviously, is the narrative that Lai Muhammed and his masters want to change, so they are now cooking up meaningless tales.

“Lai Muhammed should look for another target and leave the President alone. His fatuous tale does not make any sense. I repeat: we will like to advise that the APC should just leave the President alone.

“President Jonathan was a candidate in the presidential election; he did not rig the election. Why would he want to rig tomorrow’s elections? he added.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-lagos-visit-not-to-rig-for-agbaje-jonathan/
it can be possible, mayb he's frustrated with d loss in d presidential election so want to rig lagos by all means, ok out of d 36 states why was it lagos he decided to visit?

1 Like

Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by lyntiffany(f): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2015
BabaO2:

I know your parents are id!otic and irresponsible
be disgracing yourselfin a public media.
Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Akanbee2015: 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
djkirkoo2:
compare d figures in ur listed states to d figures gotten from d four K's states + Jigawa. U beta stop being stupid and foolish.

When stupidly runs in people's veins, it shows. You already agree with me that the PDP rigged in those places I mentioned ba? That's why an alarm was raised when ur Mr Clueless came in on Thursday night. For what? Stupid loosers.
Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by Akanbee2015: 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
mechanics:
it can be possible, mayb he's frustrated with d loss in d presidential election so want to rig lagos by all means, ok out of d 36 states why was it lagos he decided to visit?

Help me ask those idiots making a case for their clueless o. They rigged in d Presidential election, it was only not enough to make them win ni. You needed to see how those fools were dolling out cash since Friday morning in my area. Drinking and jubilating like they're already won. Thank God, we didn't let them.
Re: My Lagos Visit, Not To Rig For Agbaje – Jonathan by mechanics(m): 2:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akanbee2015:

Help me ask those idiots making a case for their clueless o. They rigged in d Presidential election, it was only not enough to make them win ni. You needed to see how those fools were dolling out cash since Friday morning in my area. Drinking and jubilating like they're already won. Thank God, we didn't let them.
yes o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Meets US Consul-General, Discusses New Nigeria (Pictures) / President Buhari Commissioned The Largest Solar Power Plant In Nigeria / Anambra Governorship Aspirants Acquire Armoured Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.