Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas (6932 Views)

Peter Obi, Anambrans And The Politics Of Hate! (lengthy But Worth Reading) / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert / The Politics Of Ika And Ndigbo : Unearthing Facts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by whatup11: 6:55am On Apr 11, 2015
J
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Sunky200: 6:58am On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=GBTYO post=32577446][/quote]

imagine this idiot posting the most senseless post of all time on nl.
the Yorubas are not foolish, your forefathers are and the foolishness was inherited by your generation and being displayed by you.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Jokay07(m): 7:00am On Apr 11, 2015
GBTYO:
You voted Buhari and now expect everyone else in the south to do same.

Lest I remind you the SouthSouth is still solidly PDP why then do you always fight the Igbos alone whose party affiliations cut accross APGA, PDP and APC? Rochas is an APC governor so also is Ngige where both men have strong followings in the SE.

Other than Edo, no other state in the SouthSouth region can be said to have a strong APC prescence. Even Amaechi knows that Rivers people will never vote the APC.

I remember during the runup to the presidential elections how the SW and NOrth designated the GEJ administration as an Igbo government. Even Nyako once wrote an open letter to the President whereby he asked the Igbos to call their son Jonathan to order.

For some reason the SouthSouth was not to be offended other than the Ijaws since the APC still needs ND oil to manage their useless Nigeria.

Now that the presidential elections have come and gone why are you Tajus rubbing in the loss of GEJ as a win against the Igbos where it was in the SouthSouth Jonathan recorded the highest win and turnover votes?

As a ND citizen I will like to remind you in the SW to look at the SS as you most newly acquired enemies.

Unlike the Igbos we in the SS don't need Lagos or any part of Nigeria to survive. My state Delta offers any Job description to any able bodied and willing man who truly wants to earn a descent wage.

So please, kindly include us in the ND as your new enemies alongside the Igbos and the Ijaws.
when I read your text writen bluff, I realized that yo are under psychological duress, that's why you are analysing politics like an infant. Let me direct my post to you personally so that you wl stop suffering from gross inferiority complex, the combination of the whole south east and South South votes is not up to 1 million, if not because of the bar the constitution sets about winning 2/3 of states, Buhari will still win convincingly if we are to remove south south and south east votes from his 2 million led against Jonathan. That pattern shows the any Presidential candidate can win an election without ''much' support from the South, which means the kings maker are the North and west and this has made the South to be politically irrelevant. You have been deceived by what yoruba people are posting here on Nairaland, but the truth is that the real yoruba people out there never thought of blaming igbos for voting Jonathan, they are politically independent as they have members in both pdp and Apc. There are numerous things to think about instead of wasting time playing mind games with igbos. Go and check the marging of votes between Pdp and Apc and you will know that no political party originally owns South west. Yorubas don't put their eggs in a basket but if only you can just remove your garment of Pride and learn about political calculations from the yorubas, you won't open thread out of ignorance, leave the yorubas out of your political misfortunes, they have a bigger problems to deal with. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by ade80: 7:01am On Apr 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

Thank you for breaking this down for them. To be honest, yoruba thinks they outsmarted the rest of the South yet not realizing it was the north that outsmarted them and won the ultimate prize. GEJ is the last president from the south..even many of the northerners on this forum threaten us with that years ago. Do SW honestly think they'll get any SE or SS groups to vote them into presidency after this 2015 election where both region saw their act as another treachery behaviors from them. The north would most likely keep wanting their own on top out of fear of losing it again and best believe when time comes, they'll use the SW treachery in their advantage.

I was among the first to congratulate North for their lifetime win. I congratulate them yet again.

And to think that Jonathan got 1.8m votes from the sw while Buhari got 2.4m votes yet you go about insulting the whole sw. This was not a tribal issue, gej was not a good leader. Ask anyone working in a ministry and you will be amazed at what was happening.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by omenka(m): 7:02am On Apr 11, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
The Op is a crackhead and a cocaine addict.

He opens threads spreading hate against muslims and other ethnic groups.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove,the Op is even going around a ban after his other monikers were banned yesterday.

Please give him a very long ban. He deserves it. People like him shouldn't be a member of nairaland anymore.
I wonder what they are waiting for. This guy's attitude is really abnormal. Lalasticlala, we could do without such a character in our midst.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Gbawe: 7:06am On Apr 11, 2015
Crueldeed:

How is voting for ones choice outsmarting others? This is democracy and people have the right to vote for anyone of there choice. So all candidates from the South should step down because GEJ want to contest? I dont understand how you guys reason sometimes. GEJ won in Ekiti and got more than 30 percent in SW yet you all are blaming the Yorubas like we have an agreement with the East or SS.

Very unreasonable people. In fact I think most of them are mentally unstable from how they talk here. Simple action of voting for who you want is now viewed as another civil war loss by some people.I really fear for the mental health of some Nairalanders because it is obvious they cannot be okay in real life with what they say here. What is shocking is that, in all their talk, they never take into consideration the fact that GEJ was a terrible leader , one of the worst so far in Nigeria's history, who deserves to be voted out on that ground alone. They just speak aberrantly and as if all of us in the South should clannishly have voted for Jonathan. If you are mad and cannot see it then you will of course expect others to join you in madness also. That is the case with the poster you quote and others like him.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Jokay07(m): 7:07am On Apr 11, 2015
Perceptor:

All of ur actions ar controlled by greed and coveteousness
you have said it all!!!
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by omenka(m): 7:09am On Apr 11, 2015
I can see a post in the first page was hidden. That suggests a mod has been here, yet thesame mod allowed this thread to stand even given the content of the title and opening post!!

Seun, you need to overhaul your house. I see no reason why any mod would come across such a thread and still let it slide.

If this op can act like a normal human being, he should be given a life ban, simple. I believe over 20 new members register on the forum everyday. Losing a member wouldn't hurt in any way.

Haba. Your mods no dey try sometimes at all.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Abidex45: 7:11am On Apr 11, 2015
jaymichael:
Carry your frustrations to the North, the last I checked, Buhari got the most votes there.
best reply ever giveth

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by appini: 7:11am On Apr 11, 2015
baby124:
Oil is now 50dollars a barrel. FYI. It is going to drop some more. I advice you to start planning for the future. Oil wealth is not sustainable anymore. All the countries that were funding your lau lau have oil reserves of their own, through your own foolishness. You sold your wealth for pennies and they stole for 100years in return. Good luck with your empty boasts while wallowing in poverty.

Wanyo wanyo my brother, as there is still no alternative source for Nigeria to pay civil servants wages around the country.

Aregbesola of Osun has more practical experience on how important the oil money is to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:17am On Apr 11, 2015
omenka:
I wonder what they are waiting for. This guy's attitude is really abnormal. Lalasticlala, we could do without such a character in our midst.
maybe the mods are still sleeping. Lemme send them a direct PM.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by treasuremi1(m): 7:19am On Apr 11, 2015
Sadly we on this forum are disappointed to see this thread not being deleted. Obviously some mods here do not care about the rules of this forum anymore.
What is more annoying is that some folks are supporting the trash the op spilled from his dirty mind.
Shaking my head for this nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Kingspin(m): 7:26am On Apr 11, 2015
After, Tinubu their next Yoruba leader shall be Abubakar Shekau. And u see how they will join once they hear na Yoruba Leader. These people and their double standing the change continue.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

Thank you for breaking this down for them. To be honest, yoruba thinks they outsmarted the rest of the South yet not realizing it was the north that outsmarted them and won the ultimate prize. GEJ is the last president from the south..even many of the northerners on this forum threaten us with that years ago. Do SW honestly think they'll get any SE or SS groups to vote them into presidency after this 2015 election where both region saw their act as another treachery behaviors from them. The north would most likely keep wanting their own on top out of fear of losing it again and best believe when time comes, they'll use the SW treachery in their advantage.

I was among the first to congratulate North for their lifetime win. I congratulate them yet again.
What's all this sef, we wanted change and people voted beside the north voted more so y not hate on them, even some part of the igbo communities want the change, am sorry to say but you people are just saying rubbish, it's an election and some1 needed to win so because jonathan didn't win now na war. *long hiss*

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by ziccoit: 7:29am On Apr 11, 2015
GBTYO:

Lest I remind you the SouthSouth is still solidly PDP why then do you always fight the Igbos alone whose party affiliations cut accross APGA, PDP and APC? Rochas is an APC governor so also is Ngige where both men have strong followings in the SE.

Other than Edo, no other state in the SouthSouth region can be said to have a strong APC prescence. Even Amaechi knows that Rivers people will never vote the APC.

I remember during the runup to the presidential elections how the SW and NOrth designated the GEJ administration as an Igbo government. Even Nyako once wrote an open letter to the President whereby he asked the Igbos to call their son Jonathan to order.

For some reason the SouthSouth was not to be offended other than the Ijaws since the APC still needs ND oil to manage their useless Nigeria.

Now that the presidential elections have come and gone why are you Tajus rubbing in the loss of GEJ as a win against the Igbos where it was in the SouthSouth Jonathan recorded the highest win and turnover votes?

As a ND citizen I will like to remind you in the SW to look at the SS as you most newly acquired enemies.

Unlike the Igbos we in the SS don't need Lagos or any part of Nigeria to survive. My state Delta offers any Job description to any able bodied and willing man who truly wants to earn a descent wage.

So please, kindly include us in the ND as your new enemies alongside the Igbos and the Ijaws.

If you think it was a stupidity that made Yorubas rejected a world class underperforming, clueless and corrupt ridden GEJ government, the first in the history of Nigeria, that stupidity must be copied and emulated by those who still have some functioning brain tissue left in their skulls. When Yoruba went all out and ensured Jonathan was made substantial president during Yar'Adua era, they were not stupid. When SWners supported GEJ in 2011, they were not stupid.

Do you know what stupidity really is? It is suffering and smiling when best alternatives abound. It's blindly supporting most corrupt government in the history on platter of kinsman-ship. It is failure to see a failed underperforming GEJ government owning to sentiment. Your region will forever remain backward in the scheme of things until you join the mainstream national politics.

PDP was a creation of majorly SW and Northern leaders. Now claiming to be happy with the party is you telling us you are happy with the creation of SWners you are castigating,

4 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 11, 2015
Kingspin:
After, Tinubu their next Yoruba leader shall be Abubakar Shekau. And u see how they will join once they hear na Yoruba Leader. These people and their double standing the change continue.
No point, no sense

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 11, 2015
treasuremi1:
Sadly we on this forum are disappointed to see this thread not being deleted. Obviously some mods here do not care about the rules of this forum anymore.
What is more annoying is that some folks are supporting the trash the op spilled from his dirty mind.
Shaking my head for this nairaland.
I shake ma head too because dis is bad and it should be deleted am sure d op can go as far as killing a yoruba with so much hate, same yoruba's dat voted for jonathan 2011
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by fabregas04(m): 7:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Jokay07:
when I read your text writen bluff, I realized that yo are under psychological duress, that's why you are analysing politics like an infant. Let me direct my post to you personally so that you wl stop suffering from gross inferiority complex, the combination of the whole south east and South South votes is not up to 1 million, if not because of the bar the constitution sets about winning 2/3 of states, Buhari will still win convincingly if we are to remove south south and south east votes from his 2 million led against Jonathan. That pattern shows the any Presidential candidate can win an election without ''much' support from the South, which means the kings maker are the North and west and this has made the South to be politically irrelevant. You have been deceived by what yoruba people are posting here on Nairaland, but the truth is that the real yoruba people out there never thought of blaming igbos for voting Jonathan, they are politically independent as they have members in both pdp and Apc. There are numerous things to think about instead of wasting time playing mind games with igbos. Go and check the marging of votes between Pdp and Apc and you will know that no political party originally owns South west. Yorubas don't put their eggs in a basket but if only you can just remove your garment of Pride and learn about political calculations from the yorubas, you won't open thread out of ignorance, leave the yorubas out of your political misfortunes, they have a bigger problems to deal with. Thanks
u have said it all. Besides, in 2011, GEJ won 5 states in SW, only lost Osun to Ribadu, ur likes didn't call d Yorubas names then, cos he lost 5 dis time, suddenly d Yorubas are stupid. FYI, d yorubas led d campaing for GEJ 2b made acting Presi was late Yaradua was indisposed. When all d Yorubas got frm GEJ's cabinet were minister of state 4 dis n dat, u never called dem names and SS n SE were enjoying d big portfolios. I wl advice u consult ur doctor ASAP.
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by zendy: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2015
OP, I understand where you are coming from. Just like most Yorubas and Northernwrs believe in the British inspired fraud called 'Nigeria', so also must the SS reach the realisation that they must unite with the SE people to leave Nigeria. There's no point wasting time on resource or political control while we are part of Nigeria. If you want to control your resources and politics,you have to agitate for your own separate country. I can guarantee you 100% that if it had been the North who had oil and sea-port,they would have divided Nigeria long before Ojukwu declared Biafra. Only two kinds of people believe in "one Nigeria". The ignorant ones and those who are scared about how they will survive without oil money. The SE/SS people must unite and breakaway from the cesspool of deciet called Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by kuuljay(m): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2015
vislabraye:

Yes they will find oil elsewhere like Osun and Lagos state that they've not found before.

@topic. Everyone is free to vote whom ever they want to. Its so unfortunate that triblism is part of Nigerian politics. The true reason why GEJ was kicked out was because he was from the minority.

I won't however justify the wrongs in his administration. I don't have a problem with Buhari being the president, but the people around him should be the biggest worry for any Nigerian.

Tinubu is the most corrupt politician on earth. In fact his own level makes Obasanjo look like an angel. Is this yhe change we need ? I wonder how Buhari will work with someone like him. My pryer is for BUHARI to live long so that our country does not end up in the hands of jabagan
he didn't lose election because he is from the minority,majority of us voted for him in 2011 was he from the majority then?
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by OrigamiIII: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Op, SW have no reason to go all out against the ND because the ND have never related with other regions in a very ungrateful manner as the igbos do. Besides, there are strong affinities the yorubas shared with some tribes in the ND such as the itsekiris, ilajes, Apoi and the edos. When GEJ was being sidelined and maltreated during the yar'adua crisis it was the yorubas that stood up on our behalf against the cabals to eventually force the doctrine of necessity. The igbos kept quiet while no visible voice was heard from us the ND as well.
Bros, I advice you leave the SW alone. They have remain the balancing factor in nigeria.
Should nigeria split today, do you ever think the ijaw man , urhobo man, the itsekiri man, the ikwerres, the efiks and ibibios would ever successfully form one country? There would be unending crisis. Besides, the igbos, the yorubas and cameroun would continously conduct a raid to nimble at the new ND country till she becomes assimilated into these stronger tripods.

During the yar'adua/goodluck ascendancy, the SE were mainly apga states and voted massively for apga candidates while the rest of the country voted
PDP mainly. The SE only came into PDP by default after the death of yar'adua. You will notice that eversince the lgbos came into PDP the fortunes of PDP started dwindling with the gale of defections. They cornered the president and left even we, the ND in a limbo. We were turned to spectators watching as the drama unfolded from afar. All entreaties made to GEJ to address the unsavoury trend were quickly countered by the S/easterners in govt.till the situation degenerated to the state we are now.
The igbos love no one else but themselves alone. How many infrastructures came to the ND during the GEJ administration? Let me know if you can point out any. The SE cornered everything.
Bros, nah so the matter take be all through GEJ time.

3 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Switlife: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
@OP are you still seeing your period?

GBTYO:

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by vislabraye(m): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2015
kuuljay:
he didn't lose election because he is from the minority,majority of us voted for him in 2011 was he from the majority then?

Yes, he was voted by the West too. Like I said before , I won't justify Gej wrong doings. But fact is, if he was from the North he would still have been elected. OR better still, he could have rigged the election and won.

However, I hope that from now henceforth our votes will count.
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by kuuljay(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2015
vislabraye:

Yes, he was voted by the West too. Like I said before , I won't justify Gej wrong doings. But fact is, if he was from the North he would still have been elected. OR better still, he could have rigged the election and won.

However, I hope that from now henceforth our votes will count.
not true,just like we voted for Jonathan as a person and not pdp then is the same way we voted for buhari as a person not Apc.dont tell me anybody from the north would have won Gej.
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by AgentMS: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2015
GBTYO:

There are several ethnic nations in SS and you do not have the right to speak for the whole of ND. Mind you Itshekiris, our dear cousins, are in the same ND.

We are not interested in your oil. Ondo has oil and we have reserve in Lagos and Ogun. Drink your oil and shut up. You are still living in the 19th century.

Countries have gone beyond oil -- what is the oil production capacity of China, Israel, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc.

Wake up dude, the name of the game now is human capacity an not oil. Countries are specializing in IT -- Qatar, India, Tourism -- UAE, Education -- Canada, Military hardware -- Belarus, Ukraine, Israel, MEdical --- Indi etc you are still here crying over oil that a substitute is already being developed against.

1 Like

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Bre(f): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2015
It's absolutely hilarious to find so many NLers crying for mods to delete this thread.

Firstly, there are so many threads about denigrating Igbos and yet I do not find any of you there crying about it. In fact, the very same omenka is in them leading the tribalistic charge. Even in this thread sef!

Secondly, the OP clearly stated he is not Igbo, yet you bigots still can't stop carrying our wahala for your head.

Your own medicine is bitter to swallow, abi? Let this thread be a lesson to your foolishness.

In fact, if the mods delete this thread when they don't delete/move others then I would be greatly disappointed.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Gbawe: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2015
AgentMS:

There are several ethnic nations in SS and you do not have the right to speak for the whole of ND. Mind you Itshekiris, our dear cousins, are in the same ND.

We are not interested in your oil. Ondo has oil and we have reserve in Lagos and Ogun. Drink your oil and shut up. You are still living in the 19th century.

Countries have gone beyond oil -- what is the oil production capacity of China, Israel, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc.

Wake up dude, the name of the game now is human capacity an not oil. Countries are specializing in IT -- Qatar, India, Tourism -- UAE, Education -- Canada, Military hardware -- Belarus, Ukraine, Israel, MEdical --- Indi etc you are still here crying over oil that a substitute is already being developed against.

Great post. To be honest some posters are so incredibly ignorant and simple-minded that one simply has to feel sorry for them.

2 Likes

Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by chacoonder(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Did you take class on history

The first secession was led by ND

The second secession was led by North

In years to come, Buhari's loyalists will clash with Tinubu's loyalists . Then the North will approach the embittered SE/SS for support against the SW

And mark my words, SW won't like the end because the embittered SE/SS will show the North how to destroy the West.

Yorubas miscalculated this time around.
Sorry, my point basically was on the first and second coup.The first was planned by chukuma nzeogwu and the second by Gowon whose mother we were told is from the south east,hence,he's igbo related.
Boro never agitated for secession but resource control,so go get your facts right on that.
Finally, on your so called Yorubas' miscalculation;ever since the SW has been pitching their tent with the North, they've never had any cause to regret their actions so we are very optimistic that this would not br an exception.Moreover, the bond between the North and the SW is getting stronger as the days goes by...So you and your fellow SE folks should just sit and watch the two regions as they play out their politics of sweetness which they are both known for....gracias
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by VulgarVulvas: 7:44pm On May 08, 2016
Bump.
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by Wyttcat: 8:29pm On May 08, 2016
I don't blame this op and his load of horseshitt, some Yoruba bring this on us by enabling them and pandering to these bags of fuccked skulls. We need to start telling them to go to hell, not see reason with them. Threads like this one are created to bamboozle Yoruba into surrendering their will.
Re: The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas by VulgarVulvas: 9:23pm On May 08, 2016
Wyttcat:
I don't blame this op and his load of horseshitt, some Yoruba bring this on us by enabling them and pandering to these bags of fuccked skulls. We need to start telling them to go to hell, not see reason with them. Threads like this one are created to bamboozle Yoruba into surrendering their will.

Lolz e pain am.

Threads like these exposé your ingratitude to the hand that feeds you.

Niger delta feeds you.

So stop your sophisticated bullshitting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 / Senator Wears Tinubu Facemask To Osinbajo's IFTAR / Tinubu Not Relying On Atiku’s Crisis With Wike To Win Presidential Election- APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.