Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

"If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why (4455 Views)

Abia:one State, 2 Govs- The Vanguard / How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) / APC Has Just Lost One State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:32am On Mar 15, 2016
kingzizzy:

States are not based on landnass but population. Lagos is so small that just Abia state is almost twice as big as It. So why are you not calling for the scrapping of Lagos state?

If I had the power, as an Igbo man,I would scrap the entire 5 Igbo States and merge the entire Delta-Igbo people, the entire River Igbo, the Igbos of the lower Benue (The Umu-Ezeokha people) and possibly the Abi people of Cross River into " The greater Igbo confederation" and give ever local government in it full resource control and autonomy with increased economic links with all the minorities of the South Nigeria with the exception of Edo state. The rest of Nigeria can carry on with this wasteful 'unitary' system they are practicing in the shape of states.

That is your opinion, and you are fully entitled to it. wink

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

I know you are hurt by the truth in the comment.
E pain the Ipobian wailers. frigging over sensitive ipob miscreants. grin grin grin
Outside the state capitals in the East, all other places only come alive during xmas and to some extent during the Easter festival.

. Outside lagos SW is nowhere now. You sound like a loser maybe you're from Osun. Well,as far as SE is marching forward,all is well. Onward forever.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:41am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Your username is a disgrace. Why can't you promote your father for the Presidency. cheesy tongue

Mynd44 do you think this guy has any business with my dead father..

Joke apart.. I may murder him if he is not addressed properly..

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:42am On Mar 15, 2016
SlayerReborn:

. Outside lagos SW is nowhere now. You sound like a loser maybe you're from Osun. Well,as far as SE is marching forward,all is well. Onward forever.

Lmao. Remove Lagos, Ibadan is far ahead of all Igboland combined #fact. cheesy grin
BTW, I'm from Ogun State, the most Industrialized state in Nigeria. wink

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:43am On Mar 15, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Mynd44 do you think this guy has any business with my dead father..

Joke apart.. I may murder him if he is not addressed properly..

I simply advised you to promote your Dad, not another man. Or are you saying Ben is a better Presidential material than your Dad? wink
I did not break any NL rule but you broke RULE 2, so you are the one to be deal with. wink grin
Control your emotion.
Mynd44 and OAM4J, please deal with this guy contemplating killing a member.

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 15, 2016
. Osun should be declared open to "Winner takes all,Plunder all you can". When everything valuable is plundered then Nigeria can use osunland as a big farm.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:48am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

I simply advised you to promote your Dad, not another man. Or are you saying Ben is a better Presidential material than your Dad? wink

Mynd44 tell this guy to sieze mentioning my late father On a journey for peace and tranquility away from this crazy world.. .

He must shalve his advice down his axs and mention my Dad no more this minute..
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:48am On Mar 15, 2016
SlayerReborn:
.[s] Osun should be declared open to "Winner takes all,Plunder all you can". When everything valuable is plundered then Nigeria can use osunland as a big farm[/s].

Why not let reserve that for the most annoynomus state in Nigeria, Ebonyi. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:49am On Mar 15, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Mynd44 tell this guy to sieze mentioning my late father On a journey for peace and tranquility away from this crazy world.. .

He must shalve his advice down his axs and mention my Dad no more this minute..

I did not insult your Dad, so I wonder why this anger.
What is SHALVE? grin grin cheesy
It is CEASE and not sieze.

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Lmao. Remove Lagos, Ibadan is far ahead of all Igboland combined #fact. cheesy grin
BTW, I'm from Ogun State, the most Industrialized state in Nigeria. wink

. Denying Osun now?. Ibadan is nowhere near an Owerri for example. Go owerri may boys show you life,you'll ask if you're still in Nigeria. But you have to be clean o. Ibadan is just there...ancient like that. Ogun is most industrialized in the junk media.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2016
SlayerReborn:

.[s] Denying Osun now?. Ibadan is nowhere near an Owerri for example. Go owerri may boys show you life,you'll ask if you're still in Nigeria. But you have to be clean o. Ibadan is just there...ancient like that. Ogun is most industrialized in the junk media[/s].

I agree, Owerri is far ahead of Ibadan, in the number of brothels and prostitutes. cheesy cheesy grin
There is NO SINGLE manufacturing industry in Owerri. When you mention Owerri, the only thing that comes to mind is HOTEL, BROTHELS, prostitutes and WHETHERAL road. Owerri is a single road state capital. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

I did not insult your Dad, so I wonder why this anger.
What is SHALVE? grin grin cheesy
It is CEASE and not sieze.

So angry with you now...

Why do you have to play with everything Huh?

Shove and cease.. .are you happy...thank you

Pls don't mention my Dad again.. .
Bye..
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

So angry with you now...

Why do you have to play with everything Huh?

Shove and cease.. .are you happy...thank you

Pls don't mention my Dad again.. .
Bye..

I'm sorry bro. I know you feel bad. I just want to troll. grin
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Why not let reserve that for the most annoynomus state in Nigeria, Ebonyi. grin grin

. Ebonyi is getting self sufficient daily o. Add education with innovation Ebonyi will boom. You guys in yorubaland don't know what you're doing to yourselves. A self sufficient country of it's own is developing in the SE region. If time is not taken poverty will use SW do basketball o.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 11:05am On Mar 15, 2016
SlayerReborn:

. Ebonyi is getting self sufficient daily o. Add education with innovation Ebonyi will boom. You guys in yorubaland don't know what you're doing to yourselves. A self sufficient country of it's own is developing in the SE region. If time is not taken poverty will use SW do basketball o.

Hahahahahaahhha, you are really a clown! Tell me another joke. Self sufficiency in what exactly when your region was the most affected by the restriction placed on 41 items for Forex by CBN. You are are tribe of importers. You can't be sufficient in the next 200 years if you don't venture out that region. cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Hahahahahaahhha, you are really a clown! Tell me another joke. Self sufficiency in what exactly when your region was the most affected by the restriction placed on 41 items for Forex by CBN. You are are tribe of importers. You can't be sufficient in the next 200 years if you don't venture out that region. cheesy cheesy grin

. Stay there dimwit. Is this the first time restrictions are placed? You feel this will stop the drive forward? Igbo boys are beyind this shit girl. Gradually SE is becoming self-sufficient.
. As for ogun/ibadan if no Yoruba boy has the wherewithal to show you life its not omo ibo fault. Leave your village for Owerri and enjoy your youth. Owerri has nice spots and grand Hotels not brothels. Junk media at work.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2016
SlayerReborn:

. Stay there dimwit. Is this the first time restrictions are placed? You feel this will stop the drive forward? Igbo boys are beyind this shit girl. Gradually SE is becoming self-sufficient.
. As for ogun/ibadan if no Yoruba boy has the wherewithal to show you life its not omo ibo fault. Leave your village for Owerri and enjoy your youth. Owerri has nice spots and grand Hotels not brothels. Junk media at work.

Owerri is the headquarters of prostitutes in Nigeria. Owerri has the highest concentration of prostitute per square meter in Nigeria.There is no SINGLE manufacturing concern in Owerri. #FACTS. grin
There is absolutely no meaning in the remaining rants.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Babatundetinubu: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
kingzizzy:

States are not based on landmass but population. In terms of landmass,Lagos is so small that just Abia state is almost twice as big as it. So why are you not calling for the scrapping of Lagos state?

If I had the power, as an Igbo man,I would scrap the entire 5 Igbo States and merge it with the entire Delta-Igbo people, the entire Rivers Igbo, the Igbos of the lower Benue (The Umu-Ezeokha people) and possibly the Abi people of Cross River into " The greater Igbo confederation" and give every local government in it full resource control and autonomy with increased economic links with all the minorities in the South of Nigeria with the exception of Edo state. The rest of Nigeria can carry on with this wasteful 'unitary' system they are practicing in the shape of states.

Apart from the SE being small and landlocked ....they are uneconomically viable....let us be honest...the SE is a parasite in contributions to the national coffers...

3 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by christopher123(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

Apart from the SE being small and landlocked ....they are uneconomically viable....let us be honest...the SE is a parasite in contributions to the national coffers...

Ikpu nne yi is very viable ...how can you define viability

Bami soro ..ejor
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Babatundetinubu: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

Ikpu nne yi is very viable ...how can you define viability

Bami soro ..ejor

The states are empty as most of them are immigrants elsewhere....including South Africa..Malaysia...SW...north etc.... cheesy...secondly....they do not contribute to the economy in anyway other than trading...seriously....they only collect allocations from the centre and share among the political elite...
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by tpiar: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by christopher123(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

The states are empty as most of them are immigrants elsewhere....including South Africa..Malaysia...SW...north etc.... cheesy...secondly....they do not contribute to the economy in anyway other than trading...seriously....they only collect allocations from the centre and share among the political elite...

So the south east States are empty

When you feel that you have seen idiots in real life ..come to nairaland you will see the grand master in idiocy

That's what you have just displayed

Bye

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by kingzizzy: 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

Being landlocked has never been a problem, Countries like Switzerland and Austria are landlocked but each of those countries are far richer than Nigeria. The important thing is to have access to the sea and it has been proved that Azumini blue river in Obuaku, Abia state is even closer to the Athlantic Ocean than Porthacourt and a river port can be built. There is even a river port in Ontisha. Another thing with this SE you mentioned is that Igbo's are far larger than it. Today, there are 7 Igbo Governors but 5 Igbo States, how do you think that is? SE dies not mean anything, what matters is the "greater Igbo confederation" made up of all Igbos, Igbo speaking people and Igboids. That area is one of the most economically viable area in Nigeria.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by coolitempa(f): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
kingzizzy:

Being landlocked has never been a problem, Countries like Switzerland and Austria are landlocked but each of those countries are far richer than Nigeria. The important thing is to have access to the sea and it has been proved that Azumini blue river in Obuaku, Abia state is even closer to the Athlantic Ocean than Porthacourt and a river port can be built. There is even a river port in Ontisha. Another thing with this SE you mentioned is that Igbo's are far larger than it. Today, there are 7 Igbo Governors but 5 Igbo States, how do you think that is? SE dies not mean anything, what matters is the "greater Igbo confederation" made up of all Igbos, Igbo speaking people and Igboids. That area is one of the most economically viable area in Nigeria.

Rivers people will not allow their rivers to be used without compensation.....and on what basis other than being landlocked are you comparing Switzerland and Austria with the dream of Biafra.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by christopher123(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
coolitempa:

Rivers people will not allow their rivers to be used without compensation.....and on what basis other than being landlocked are you comparing Switzerland and Austria with the dream of Biafra.

Here the transgendered go again
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by christopher123(m): 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
kingzizzy:

There used to be 8 igbo governors liyel imoke but we still have igbo deputy in kogi also and still counting
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by coolitempa(f): 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

Here the transgendered go again

Can you stop the insults and stay on topic........how can we merge the non-productive eastern states into one unit
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Owerri is the headquarters of prostitutes in Nigeria. Owerri has the highest concentration of prostitute per square meter in Nigeria.There is no SINGLE manufacturing concern in Owerri. #FACTS. grin
There is absolutely no meaning in the remaining rants.

. When it pinches it's a rant. Off with you...
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by kingzizzy: 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
coolitempa:

There nothing called 'Rivers state people', mention the tribes you are talking about. Rivers state is made of about 70% Igbos,Igbo speaking People and Igboids.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ikechuk0: 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
The entire SW. There's nothing progressive or worth mentioning in that region. Aside from being leeches, there's nothing anyone get from SW. In fact, I'm even in support of pushing southwest to Benin republic to be with the rest of their unprogressive people in that country. I totally support getting rid of southwest anytime, any day.

Who the Bleep wants a group of ppl whos only achievement is fabricating figures in the media while their region looks like a piece of shits with hungry, begging community. In addition, even their Lagos, the only progressive from that is the billions they collect from oil companies they snakily stole and forced over their. Hell one company migrated their HQ back to River state and in a year of one of their own becoming MD, the mofo is planning on returning it back to Lagos. Does that make sense? I swear I'll sign ANYTHING to get rid of Southwest.

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by alexvatt(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
coolitempa:

Can you stop the insults and stay on topic........how can we merge the non-productive eastern states into one unit
u and eastern people will not kill me with laughter. u always finish igbo people on nairaland.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by coolitempa(f): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
alexvatt:
u and eastern people will not kill me with laughter. u always finish igbo people on nairaland.

Oh no....my dear...how are you....you know I keep getting getting banned for anything and everything.... cheesy....I am only trying to understand the iPod youths and their hatred....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Quote Of The Year On Terrorism / Deeper Life Overseer Kidnapped! / I Hate Myself For Campaigning And Voting For Buhari & APC!!!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.