Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

"If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why (4445 Views)

Abia:one State, 2 Govs- The Vanguard / How Would Two Airport Be Sited In One State? (kaduna) / APC Has Just Lost One State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by saintvc(m): 2:26am On Apr 11, 2015
FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY

i don't think the carving of one state to function as headquarters of all government is sensible.

Such led to loss of land by gwari people and extinctio/migration of initial habitat.

Imagine if national assembly was in ibadan, asorock was in kaduna and supreme court was in owerri.
Imagine if nnpc headquarters was in sapele,deltastate, all federal ministries scattered all over benue,kogi, nassarawa,niger and kwara. And major industries scattered in south east,

all states would be developed.
Centralization of govt parastatal in abuja is underdeveloped other states.

Lets scrape abuja.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Truckpusher(m): 2:49am On Apr 11, 2015
saintvc:

i don't think the carving of one state to function as headquarters of all government is sensible.

Such led to loss of land by gwari people and extinctio/migration of initial habitat.

Imagine if national assembly was in ibadan, asorock was in kaduna and supreme court was in owerri.
Imagine if nnpc headquarters was in sapele,deltastate, all federal ministries scattered all over benue,kogi, nassarawa,niger and kwara. And major industries scattered in south east,

Lets scrape abuja.

13 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ovaRAYted(m): 3:01am On Apr 11, 2015
state__Borno state

reason__heavy presence of the insurgents.

4 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Lander882: 5:21am On Apr 11, 2015
Lagos, because Abuja is not Kaduna. If only Kano was in the West, I would've chosen Bayelsa.. tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nice488: 5:29am On Apr 11, 2015
none, really
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Youngsage: 5:33am On Apr 11, 2015
saintvc:

Lets scrape abuja.

What state are are you from? I know why I'm asking.

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by SerialMan: 5:47am On Apr 11, 2015
EKITI,OSUN,EBONYI,BAUCHI
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:50am On Apr 11, 2015
Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Ewizard(m): 6:09am On Apr 11, 2015
ain't scrapping any state.. rather we gone scrape BH,terrorism,corruption,tribalism and religious bigotry.

#unity in diversity!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by saintvc(m): 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Youngsage:

What state are are you from? I know why I'm asking.

y
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by saintvc(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2016
Thks
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Tunami(m): 8:33am On Mar 15, 2016
katsina, reason:because buhari is from there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 8:39am On Mar 15, 2016
All the five states in SE, merge them into one, because really the whole place is just the size of some states in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ajebuter(f): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2016
Osun state.

I wouldn't get rid of it out-rightly but I will merge it with Oyo state.

The last time anything worked in that state according to Osunites was during the reigns of Oyinlola and Chief Bisi Akande

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Liberty101: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:
All the five states in SE, merged them into one, because really the whole place is just the size of some states in Nigeria.
E pain am grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ajebuter(f): 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
Lagos state.

Eh! Get rid of my state?!!!

If I wire you slap eh! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
Osun
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ajebuter(f): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2016
Lander882:
Lagos, because Abuja is not Kaduna. If only Kano was in the West, I would've chosen Bayelsa.. tongue tongue

God punish Jalingo burukutu and Aba weed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2016
Liberty101:
E pain am grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yes nau, no states in Iboland is really the true definition of a state. After the state capitals, all other areas are deserted villages that all the inhabitants have migrated to Lagos, Ibadan, Kano, Abuja and PH, only to go and spend few days in those villages every December and Easter. grin grin grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by walemoney007(m): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2016
I will love to get rid of the north west,north east,south south and south east.so the south west can be a country on is own.I was in dubai last month,and I saw what development is really like,in this Nigeria we they really suffer
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Austin4lif: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2016
Scrap the south east from nigeria and scrap nnamdi kanu from Nigerian prison.
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by isbish(m): 9:26am On Mar 15, 2016
Bros they said only one na undecided why you come dey mention 4 states?
SerialMan:
EKITI,OSUN,EBONYI,BAUCHI
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by jamjo: 9:27am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Yes nau, no states in Iboland is really the true definition of a state. After the state capitals, all other areas are deserted villages that all the inhabitants have migrated to Lagos, Ibadan, Kano, Abuja and PH, only to go and spend few days in those villages every December and Easter. grin grin grin cheesy

Please if you don't mind me asking, Have you ever in your life stepped your foot in Igbo land why is it that people like you love to live their life on hear say.

9 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Liberty101: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

And all those states you mentioned are developed all-round right ? grin grin
My dear stop tribalism and live long grin

8 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ELTON123(m): 9:42am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

cheesycheesy. Ode

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by ckmayoca: 9:44am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

If a woman a talk like this, I wonder the kinda offspring you will produce and what u can teach them. If guys talk too, at least they spend lesser time with children, but a lady? Chai! More pollution of the system.

4 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

. The day pentiumpro will have sense I'll know Jesus has come and gone.

8 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by lukecent: 10:00am On Mar 15, 2016
OSUN or IMO, don't know which to choose but I think it's OSUN
Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2016
SlayerReborn:

. The day pentiumpro will have sense I'll know Jesus has come and gone.

ckmayoca:

If a woman a talk like this, I wonder the kinda offspring you will produce and what u can teach them. If guys talk too, at least they spend lesser time with children, but a lady? Chai! More pollution of the system.

ELTON123:
cheesycheesy. Ode

Liberty101:
And all those states you mentioned are developed all-round right ? grin grin
My dear stop tribalism and live long grin

jamjo:

Please if you don't mind me asking, Have you ever in your life stepped your foot in Igbo land why is it that people like you love to live their life on hear say.

I know you are hurt by the truth in the comment.
E pain the Ipobian wailers. frigging over sensitive ipob miscreants. grin grin grin
Outside the state capitals in the East, all other places only come alive during xmas and to some extent during the Easter festival.

2 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:25am On Mar 15, 2016
[s]
PentiumPro:

I know you are hurt by the truth in the comment.
E pain the Ipobian wailers. frigging over sensitive ipob miscreants. grin grin grin
Outside the state capitals in the East, all other places only come alive during xmas and to some extent during the Easter festival.
[/s]

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by PentiumPro(f): 10:29am On Mar 15, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

Your username is a disgrace. Why can't you promote your father for the Presidency. cheesy tongue

3 Likes

Re: "If You Could Get Rid Of One State In nigeria, Which Would It Be And Why by kingzizzy: 10:31am On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:
All the five states in SE, merged them into one, because really the whole place is just the size of some states in Nigeria.

States are not based on landmass but population. In terms of landmass,Lagos is so small that just Abia state is almost twice as big as it. So why are you not calling for the scrapping of Lagos state?

If I had the power, as an Igbo man,I would scrap the entire 5 Igbo States and merge it with the entire Delta-Igbo people, the entire Rivers Igbo, the Igbos of the lower Benue (The Umu-Ezeokha people) and possibly the Abi people of Cross River into " The greater Igbo confederation" and give every local government in it full resource control and autonomy with increased economic links with all the minorities in the South of Nigeria with the exception of Edo state. The rest of Nigeria can carry on with this wasteful 'unitary' system they are practicing in the shape of states.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deeper Life Overseer Kidnapped! / In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman / Banker Charged To Court Over Ruga's Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.