Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles (42481 Views)

BBC: Nigeria Police Fire At Celebrating Biafra Supporters / BBC: Nigeria Girls Remembered One Year On / BBC Nigeria Election: First Results Expected on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2015
naturally:
What of Benue and Nassarawa

There's a small poll going on for nasarawa a few posts above where you made this one, and as I thought it's exactly fifty fifty. I think Nasarawa will have a rerun
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by sexyjob(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2015
agarawu23:
let's pray for God interference, that's the most important thing.

click like if you want the change to continue flowing
share if you want to remain stagnant after 16years
Change means PDP would win Lagos. Nobody should twist this.

3 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by holluwai(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2015
Political position no be heritage chieftaincy. If ambo cannot do it let JK take it from here. 16years of APC and Lagos should already be looking like Abu Dhabi. undecided

It's logical!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Brugo(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2015
Agbaje is banking on protest votes from the igbos just like GEJ did. We know the outcome of the presidential election.

Truth be told, it takes a high level of dedication for any governor achieve as much as Fashola. The only PDP governor to do something close is ex gov Donald Duke. The others are just bent on stealing and sharing the loot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 11, 2015
Ignored
gists:

Or what? You'll proclaim Nairaland as No Man's Land?
SMH.
For a fact that you are not able to dispute or provide answers to any of the questions/points I raised, I have nothing to say to you anymore.
Now run along and continue with your folly.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2015
sartorius:
Elections are about interest. so many interest groups are against apc in lagos. The aworis, the non yoruba indigenes, some civil servants and their families, Healthworkers and their families, Lasu lecturers and and their students,okada drivers, a lot of artisans,a lot of small business owners, fellow politicians, pdp members to mention a few. Jk is ok

Thank u. let dem b lying to demselves.. Fashola bleeped up big tym.. 4 once let dem succumb to change instead of violence Nd monetization approach.. Guy dis APC sha, after insulting GEJ Nd saying he has bin scammed, Bro d Jagaban would have to surrender d keys of dis state to d people cum may 29

1 Like

oluwafemi113:

Its 11th day of April year 2015, its going to be historical in Yoruba history and we will all know if we learnt at all from Afonja and Alimi scenario in Ilorin or we didn't learn at all. Now that the new Afonja by the name Jimi Agbaje is selling us to Igbo people just to get a mandate he will never get lagbara awon to nile, to te ile Yoruba do, we must all rise and say NO to such act, so if you are in lagos, ogun , or oyo? Kindly dust your pvc now and let's bury this capitalist calling themselves pdp, throws them into lagoon as our oba has instructed and never may we see them in Yoruba land again. Ile yi agbe wa taya tomo, tebi tara ooo.

Guy, you are talking nonsense!!!!

2 Likes

adioolayi:

Let peoples choice wins...Here, at Ibadan Southwest... #Ajimobi has our vote
Don't be swayed away by what happened in the NASS elections. Today is a different game entirely. ACCORD we know. Ladoja we trust!!!
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Texcoco(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2015
Mischievous people will be keen to rope Agbaje in with an ethnic agenda convieniently forgetting the silly Akiolu whose case has already become that of ICC and these maggots ingenuosly try to use that ethnic propaganda to lure more voters for Ambode,ironically exposing them as the bigots who are keen to divide Lagos for their principal....fortunately,that's so far they can go because most law-abiding,tax-paying,honest-working Lagosians are tired of APC and thieffnubu.

4 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by optimismlaz(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2015
Among the five state PDP will take 3 and APC 2, Lagos state Hz bn kn for opposition so PDP will win Lagos state.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by adino(m): 7:34am On Apr 11, 2015
Labaran Maku will make history as the first Governor to win Election in a Northern State with a minor Political Party.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 11, 2015
adonis89:
how did he divided u people along ethnic lines? Pls clarify me.
Bro if u have stayed in Lagos or know about lagos then u will understand me better.. In Lagos we have a common Spirit, The Spirit of Lagos, The hustling and buzzling, the same alertness, common spirit, common goal, the goal to survive, from Ladipo to idumota, Yaba to Alaba, its one...ohh my Lagos, i hope it can remain d same again after elections...

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by adonis89(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Thank you for this question, That's the same question I just asked him, I don't know how people talk at times. undecided
their oba brought tribal politics, now they are shifting d blame to agbaje. Dis was d same thing dey said about Gej. Meanwhile in Gej cabinet it's made up of Northerners. Even d vc of University of otuoke I heard is a Yoruba man
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by sexyjob(m): 7:36am On Apr 11, 2015
mrtimycc:
The history of becoming the first female governor has already been made before in Anambra state by Dame Virginia Etiaba; BBC take note!
Yes but not Elected

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 11, 2015
Lagos for JK HE is the man of the people...... Buy cheap and affordable land at karishi LGA Nasarrawa state at 100k per plot. You can also buy in acres and hectares. Land are suitable for Schools, estates and poultry. For more enquiry contact me on 08135328835 or 08159935304. The price is still negotiable.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by xeeco: 7:37am On Apr 11, 2015
Ethnic chauvinism, blind religiosity and primordial sentiments are the bane of Nigeria's politics.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by adonis89(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2015
olatunji21:

Bro if u have stayed in Lagos or know about lagos then u will understand me better.. In Lagos we have a common Spirit, The Spirit of Lagos, The hustling and buzzling, the same alertness, common spirit, common goal, the goal to survive, from Ladipo to idumota, Yaba to Alaba, its one...ohh my Lagos, i hope it can remain d same again after elections...
u av not explained anything to me guy

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by scantee(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2015
gists:

Pls just shut the crap up. I have tried not to make too much comments on this topic, but some of you (truth be told there are many sensible people among Igbos) are just plain fo0lish to say the least.

What did you do when your fellow Igbo man in Abia sacked non indigenes - even those from other Igbo states? Has anybody sacked anybody in Lagos on the ground of his tribe? Did Fashola deport repatriate only Igbo desitituddes? What about those repatriated to other SW states? What about those repatriated and sent packing from Akwa Ibom? Did Yorubas cried to the heavens for those repatriations? And why on earth are some people thinking government appointments as their rights? Even though Lagos as at this moment still remain the only state in the country to have commissioner from other tribe. How many non-igbos have been given appointment in the entire SE?

Sometimes I don't even get some of you guys. On one hand you want political appointment in Lagos, while on the other hand you don't want want to have anything to do with Awolowo people.

Ambode by the special grace of God will win Lagos and that fo0l trying to cause ethnic divide in Lagos will be out to shame forever
boi stop posting trash, no amount of ranting here will save ur Ambode wooping assx today. JK we know, everybody love JK.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by hero31x(m): 7:38am On Apr 11, 2015
Pavore9:
Following....but am more interested in my home state, Imo.

Imo is in the Hands of God
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 11, 2015
holluwai:
Political position no be heritage chieftaincy. If ambo cannot do it let JK take it from here. 16years of APC and Lagos should already be looking like Abu Dhabi. undecided

It's logical!!!

This is sense. People please listen to it.

Lagos is a cosmopolitan city state. After 16 years of supposedly good governance does it have:

*Functional state wide transportation systems?
*Functional state wide water distribution systems?
*Stable electricity?
*Quality Education?
*Inclusiveness in governance?
*Conducive business environment?
*Competitiveness amongst other West African city states?

Basic things e no get, yet they say voting for Jimi is tribalism angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by lovat(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2015
olatunji21:
In as much as Jimi is my preferred candidate, i can't possibly ignore the fact that he divided us along ethnic lines..Lagos state which pride itself as a home for all, is now battling for Supremacy between the Yoruba's and the igbos. that is really pathetic...Jimi destroyed our Lagos, My lagos, your lagos.. History will never forget him..
can you kindly tell me how jimi divided us along ethnic line.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by KINGSULAIMAN: 7:39am On Apr 11, 2015
Please vote change...............PVC. shocked

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Brugo(m): 7:39am On Apr 11, 2015
holluwai:

It's logical!!!

16 years of being the opposition. 16 years of Federal government neglect. Yet Lagos is more developed than Delta, Bayelsa (a tiny state earning more than Lagos) and Rivers.

Recently I realised that there's been no new Federal road in Lagos since the 3rd mainland bridge- not even one!

Agbaje cannot perform half as much as even Tinubu did without the backing of the federal government. Abu Dhabi is enjoying oil returns. Lagos is solely commerce. No mineral resources. Your comparison is flawed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2015
Humblega:
and there u ar wasting ur votes. he can only try. max. is runner up
You can't even win a sport betting. Your predictions are miserable...
Everybody knows the race is btwn Accord and APC? Are you in Oyo state at all?
Ladoja is winning this!
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Urine: 7:40am On Apr 11, 2015
sartorius:
Elections are about interest. so many interest groups are against apc in lagos. The aworis, the non yoruba indigenes, some civil servants and their families, Healthworkers and their families, Lasu lecturers and and their students,okada drivers, a lot of artisans,a lot of small business owners, fellow politicians, pdp members to mention a few. Jk is ok

Please strike "some civil servants" out of that list. Na those guys dey enjoy government pass as we speak.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Lakeshizu(m): 7:42am On Apr 11, 2015
gists:

Precisely my point. If for nothing else, for creating ethnic tension in Lagos alone is enough to vote Ambode and send Jimi to political exile not only in Lagos but in the entire SW politics. If anything happens in Lagos, it will have massive effect across the country all because some daunce chemist want to take power by promoting ethnic divide in Lagos and support the idea of calling his homeland a no mans land. What a way to throw away your heritage; what a shame.
update: accreditation done. Jimi cant win Lagos. I am already on the queue with my six family members.

PDP must not win Lagos smiley smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:42am On Apr 11, 2015
Oyo nko
Here in Ogbomoso,I woke up around 4am to the chants of 'akala ni ke dibo fun'(cast ur votes for akala)...it was damn annoying..it would also be interesting here in Oyo
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Urine: 7:43am On Apr 11, 2015
Texcoco:
Mischievous people will be keen to rope Agbaje in with an ethnic agenda convieniently forgetting the silly Akiolu whose case has already become that of ICC and these maggots ingenuosly try to use that ethnic propaganda to lure more voters for Ambode,ironically exposing them as the bigots who are keen to divide Lagos for their principal....fortunately,that's so far they can go because most law-abiding,tax-paying,honest-working Lagosians are tired of APC and thieffnubu.

With due respect Sir, don't use the word "silly" to describe the Oba.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by crazygod(m): 7:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Those using that angle that JK incited igbos against yoruba, I have a question for u. Since when did APC become a yoruba party? The only reason I'm voting for JK is to break tinubu's stronghold on the treasury of Lagos state. U think the taxes u're paying is heavy under fashola? Just allow ambode to get there and u'll know the true meaning of taxes. Enough of tinubu turning lagos to his family business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by jamillion: 7:45am On Apr 11, 2015
adonis89:
u can't take tribalism away from nigeria until we re-write Dat constitution which Northerners and some Yoruba elites will strongly oppose because of their selfish interest
not necessarily needed, I gues this so called tribal sentiments stuck to there bone marrow. Check around u all u see ar even d youth that should be busy working on there various careers propagating the norm. I wonder hw they will become d future leader with this little brains dey possess. They really need to go out and see things
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by adioolayi(m): 7:45am On Apr 11, 2015
Wadraj:

Don't be swayed away by what happened in the NASS elections. Today is a different game entirely. ACCORD we know. Ladoja we trust!!!
That's who you know....I know him too...#OyoWantAJIMOBI....
#Ajimobi4SecondTerm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Called Omisore A Murderer On Saturday, Now Offered Him N450m — FFK / Photos From Labour Party Meeting In Calabar / INEC Declares Malam Umar Namadi Winner Of Jigawa Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.