Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles (42473 Views)

BBC: Nigeria Police Fire At Celebrating Biafra Supporters / BBC: Nigeria Girls Remembered One Year On / BBC Nigeria Election: First Results Expected on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2015
gists:

Why will you not run away from pure facts. Too difficult to handle abi? People like you are the ones giving Igbos bad name. If not for the fact that I have met and interacted with Igbo men and women in real life, I would have had a horrible impressions of Igbos by your line of thinking.
Refute any of the facts I posted if you can.
Thank you in advance.

Agbaje is not your problem, if there's any ethnic tension in Lagos which might affect the pattern of voting today, blame it on Apc and you guys should stop mentioning the igbokwe and nwabueze. Those names are not the face of Igbos in Lagos and have not contributed anything to the progress of Igbo people in lagos. Sack them, they won't be missed. People are simply outraged by the actions of your apc govt in the past years and the arrogant responses from your fashola govt. They meddle in their businesses with closures and indiscriminate fines and levies. Stop blaming Agbaje. By the way, no one can accurately predict how Igbos are going to vote. Agbaje said he was going to elevate the Eze ndi Igbo to the status of oba of Lagos!! Rubbish, do you really think Igbos give a damn about the so called Eze? You guys should stop being silly and paranoid. The Eze himself, I doubt he would be that enthusiastic about that nonsense. Most of these people are successful people in their respective fields and what Igbos want in Lagos is peace.

Some of you people have serious issues. Why call the man 'common chemist'? That is very derogatory and disrespectful.

Many the more popular man win and may the result reflect the wishes of the electorate and...

May curses,misery and sorrow follow any man that would attempt to tamper with the results..

Now say a big AMEN to that .. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by gists: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2015
Damager:

Dis is d most sentimental post av seen in years.. JK preached a Lagos for all.. He talked to most yorubas Nd he courted d Igbo Ppl.. Did he say dey should work against d Yoruba?? D APC realized d loophole Nd struggled to make up 4 it wif pix of ambo in Igbo attire littering market places Nd d oba courting d Igbo Nd tinubu literally begging dem.. Guy show me a pic of jk in Igbo attire or forever remain silent.. Accept d truth he's a more experienced politician Dan ur ambo.. 4 a true son of d soil to b loved by natives Nd d foreigners is no mean feat
chidiebere2020:
hw did jimi create ethnic tension, for ur info everybody has the right to vote who ever he/she want,

Don't tell me you guys have not seen this leaflet or you just want to pretend it is not divisive.

1. Deportation of Ndigbo. Yet we ask is it only Igbo destitutes that were repatriated? Why the emphasis on only Igbos if not to create ethnic divide.
2-6 Discrimination, victimisation and multiple taxation of Ndigbo: Again, we ask why the emphasis on Ndigbo? Is it only Igbos that are taxed in Lagos? How is the Igbo discriminated when Lagos remains the only state to give Igbos political appointment? How are Igbos victimised in Lagos?

JK is an as$hole for creating this tension in the ever peaceful Lagos. By the special grace of God, he will be disgraced today.

5 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by oluwafemi113(m): 8:09am On Apr 11, 2015

UncannyGenius:
Guy, you are talking nonsense!!!!

Sharap there what do you know? undecided
You're still a kid grin
Go and read your book and leave we the elders to relate here tongue

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2015
Collynzo9:
APGA is a bigger challenge for Rochas than PDP
are you in owerri?
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by joncom(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2015
softysparky:
For the sake of peace and continuity I want Ambode to win in Lagos state.

It has come to Governorship election and APC are reasoning normal now.

For the sake of peace and continuity you supported Buhari?
APC is a joke. Now that is clear that you may lose Lagos, you all are treading the soft path.

Change is all we want.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Noneroone(m): 8:13am On Apr 11, 2015
sexyjob:

Yes but not Elected
yes but bbc said the first female governor which is wrong.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Champele(m): 8:16am On Apr 11, 2015
oluwafemi113:

Its 11th day of April year 2015, its going to be historical in Yoruba history and we will all know if we learnt at all from Afonja and Alimi scenario in Ilorin or we didn't learn at all. Now that the new Afonja by the name Jimi Agbaje is selling us to Igbo people just to get a mandate he will never get lagbara awon to nile, to te ile Yoruba do, we must all rise and say NO to such act, so if you are in lagos, ogun , or oyo? Kindly dust your pvc now and let's bury this capitalist calling themselves pdp, throws them into lagoon as our oba has instructed and never may we see them in Yoruba land again. Ile yi agbe wa taya tomo, tebi tara ooo.

Otu nne gi.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:

How did Jimi do this?... @ bolded
Instead of blaming your Oba, you're blaming Jimi

Search me, I Don't know
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Lakeshizu:
Jimi cant win Lagos. I am already on the queue with my six family members.

PDP must not win Lagos smiley smiley

God bless you.. smiley

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by oluwafemi113(m): 8:19am On Apr 11, 2015
Champele:
Otu nne gi.

Otu nne gi to ur plpp @ home

Kids like you should not be allow to use Internet

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by 1N9a: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2015
emmykk:
Lasgidi ought to be no-man land,anyboy can win,specially when there are different ethnic group in lagos.

JK is loved by all and if he is enjoying igbo support highten by the lagoon threat that is his luck.

Yoruba people are very tribalist naturally,at nysc in katsina state,while in the mixed of 2 or 3 yoruba corpers,and discussing,it would be long before they start speaking yoruba language.atimes they even speak yoruba to a non-yoruba.

The great awolowo once told the zik of africa to go to the east and contest for a seat rather than contestig from lagos.here is zik who fought colonalism and taking nigeria as 1 while awolowo was bias.

If not now 1 day igbo or any other tribe will win lagos.
I'm not Yoruba oooh, but sentiment apart Yoruba is the most civilised, peace and accommodating of all the majority language in Nigeria. We have lots of igbos here in the north especially Kano, Kaduna and Abuja but they dear not dream of any political appointment here no matter how strong they are in politics they can only be back office staffs like P.a or S.a... Same thing in Igbo land. An Igbo man can buy and build houses either in SW or North as a whole but no tribe can try that with our people.... We even fight one another mercilessly over dis not to talk of outsider. Don't get it twisted I'm not supporting Oba comment but nevertheless it's their territory. .... grin and non of these candidates are igbo so be wise..... wink

2 Likes

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 11, 2015
olatunji21:
In as much as Jimi is my preferred candidate, i can't possibly ignore the fact that he divided us along ethnic lines..Lagos state which pride itself as a home for all, is now battling for Supremacy between the Yoruba's and the igbos. that is really pathetic...Jimi destroyed our Lagos, My lagos, your lagos.. History will never forget him..
no your Oba threatened the igbos now the whole show is different. Your Oba divided lagosians.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by MizTyna(f): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2015
holluwai:
Political position no be heritage chieftaincy. If ambo cannot do it let JK take it from here. 16years of APC and Lagos should already be looking like Abu Dhabi. undecided

It's logical!!!
PDP ruled for same number of years too,does Nigeria look like Abu Dhabi? If GEJ had done with Nigeria just half of what Fashola did with Lagos,people wont be shouting Sai Buhari up N down

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 11, 2015
gists:

Precisely my point. If for nothing else, for creating ethnic tension in Lagos alone is enough to vote Ambode and send Jimi to political exile not only in Lagos but in the entire SW politics. If anything happens in Lagos, it will have massive effect across the country all because some daunce chemist want to take power by promoting ethnic divide in Lagos and support the idea of calling his homeland a no mans land. What a way to throw away your heritage; what a shame.
na your Oba cause everything stop blaming jimi. Your Oba threatened igbos.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 11, 2015
The Ibos don't even know they want.. dancing to amy tune that suits them..JK is not even Ibo??

My own state has more revenue allocation than Lagos yet has nothing has to show for it yet you al are shouting JK.

U would all hear it

#Lagoonnobeswimmingpool oooo
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by holluwai(m): 8:24am On Apr 11, 2015
Precisely my point!!! Let the change go round my lady. cheesy wink
Just so you know I was strong supporter of GMB and not really the party APC.

MizTyna:

PDP ruled for same number of years too,does Nigeria look like Abu Dhabi? If GEJ had done with Nigeria just half of what Fashola did with Lagos,people wont be shouting Sai Buhari up N down
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by TopHand: 8:25am On Apr 11, 2015
oluwafemi113:

Its 11th day of April year 2015, its going to be historical in Yoruba history and we will all know if we learnt at all from Afonja and Alimi scenario in Ilorin or we didn't learn at all. Now that the new Afonja by the name Jimi Agbaje is selling us to Igbo people just to get a mandate he will never get lagbara awon to nile, to te ile Yoruba do, we must all rise and say NO to such act, so if you are in lagos, ogun , or oyo? Kindly dust your pvc now and let's bury this capitalist calling themselves pdp, throws them into lagoon as our oba has instructed and never may we see them in Yoruba land again. Ile yi agbe wa taya tomo, tebi tara ooo.

Dont mind the traitor, but people are making a mistake if they think this is going to be a close race, I can gurantee you that Apc will win a landslide, Lagos state has over 5 million registered voters only about 2.2 million voted in the presidential elections, Pdp was able to do well in the presidential election becos George and Adams scared the people off with their massive gathering of armed thugs which march thru lagos just be4 the presidential election and still yet Pdp were unable to win the state, with Apc now becoming the governing party the police and army unwilling to get involved, Apc voters are going to troop out in mass, ward agents have been tasked to mobilise supporters and tinubu is in lagos to personally direct activities , dont be surprise if Apc get over 1.5 million votes, for a state that has consistenly been in the hands of Apc despite Pdp control of power for 16 years coupled with the use of the card reader every single possible variable is favouring Apc, the truth is, Lagos is firmly in the hands of Apc

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Acidosis(m): 8:27am On Apr 11, 2015
Lol

APC don lose

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2015
gists:

Don't tell me you guys have not seen this leaflet or you just want to pretend it is not divisive.

1. Deportation of Ndigbo. Yet we ask is it only Igbo destitutes that were repatriated? Why the emphasis on only Igbos if not to create ethnic divide.
2-6 Discrimination, victimisation and multiple taxation of Ndigbo: Again, we ask why the emphasis on Ndigbo? Is it only Igbos that are taxed in Lagos? How is the Igbo discriminated when Lagos remains the only state to give Igbos political appointment? How are Igbos victimised in Lagos?

JK is an as$hole for creating this tension in the ever peaceful Lagos. By the special grace of God, he will be disgraced today.

You are biased.

How could you leave out your infamous Oba Akiolu video and speech?. Those are the People causing ethnic tension in Lagos.
Agbaje alone is not enough to convince Igbo voters. Those lists are nonsense.

If Igbos vote against apc, they would be reacting to first hand experiences in the hands of Apc and not because someone compelled them.
You don't force Igbos to vote, learn that. Most people would either travel or stay indoors but various negative encounters with Lagos state govt have woken them from their political slumbers. Fashola used lots of cane and no carrot. A more responsible govt would have met these people appealed to them but the govt always replied with their 'go back to your villages'. He didn't not visit the traders at ladipo or elsewhere but instead he allowed your oba to harrass them with the imposition of a jobless man called babaloja to collect more levies for him, same way his boys went out to collect bribes at check points during those days...old habit die hard. lipsrsealed..

Whoever wins, I hope they do the right things and act in the best interests of every citizen of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2015
TopHand:

Dont mind the traitor, but people are making a mistake if they think this is going to be a close race, I can gurantee you that Apc will win a landslide, Lagos state has over 5 million registered voters only about 2.2 million voted in the presidential elections, Pdp was able to do well in the presidential election becos George and Adams scared the people off with their massive gathering of armed thugs which march thru lagos just be4 the presidential election and still yet Pdp were unable to win the state, with Apc now becoming the governing party the police and army unwilling to get involved, Apc voters are going to troop out in mass, ward agents have been tasked to mobilise supporters and tinubu is in lagos to personally direct activities , dont be surprise if Apc get over 1.5 million votes, for a state that has consistenly been in the hands of Apc despite Pdp control of power for 16 years coupled with the use of the card reader every single possible variable is favouring Apc, the truth is, Lagos is firmly in the hands of Apc

Landslide??.

Let's agree on one thing.

May any man or any group of individuals who tries to alter the result in today's election suffer mysterious illness and devastation for the rest of his/their lives..

Please say Asee, Isee or big Amen to that.

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by PelumiOrungbe: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2015
I will vote AMBO. Wil you?

APC for continuity.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by saintandsinnerz: 8:33am On Apr 11, 2015
olatunji21:

Bro if u have stayed in Lagos or know about lagos then u will understand me better.. In Lagos we have a common Spirit, The Spirit of Lagos, The hustling and buzzling, the same alertness, common spirit, common goal, the goal to survive, from Ladipo to idumota, Yaba to Alaba, its one...ohh my Lagos, i hope it can remain d same again after elections...
He asked a simple question instead of you to answer it you r here talking another thing. That is the problem with people who allow hate and tribal sentiment to control their reasoning. They just hate others for no just cause

1 Like

Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Champele(m): 8:35am On Apr 11, 2015
oluwafemi113:

Out nne gi to ur plpp @ home

Kids like you should not be allow to use Internet
Please i was ban in the last election,i don't want such again.Lazy niggur.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by gists: 8:35am On Apr 11, 2015
gbosaa:

Agbaje is not your problem, if there's any ethnic tension in Lagos which might affect the pattern of voting today, blame it on Apc and you guys should stop mentioning the igbokwe and nwabueze. Those names are not the face of Igbos in Lagos and have not contributed anything to the progress of Igbo people in lagos. Sack them, they won't be missed. People are simply outraged by the actions of your apc govt in the past years and the arrogant responses from your fashola govt. They meddle in their businesses with closures and indiscriminate fines and levies. Stop blaming Agbaje. By the way, no one can accurately predict how Igbos are going to vote. Agbaje said he was going to elevate the Eze ndi Igbo to the status of oba of Lagos!! Rubbish, do you really think Igbos give a damn about the so called Eze? You guys should stop being silly and paranoid. The Eze himself, I doubt he would be that enthusiastic about that nonsense. Most of these people are successful people in their respective fields and what Igbos want in Lagos is peace.

Some of you people have serious issues. Why call the man 'common chemist'? That is very derogatory and disrespectful.

Many the more popular man win and may the result reflect the wishes of the electorate and...

May curses,misery and sorrow follow any man that would attempt to tamper with the results..

Now say a big AMEN to that .. cheesy

Let me start with your last statement (prayer) AMEN
Agbaje is my problem, not because of his qualifications but because he followed the politics of ethnicity path. That is why I used the "chemist" term just to spite him in my own little way albeit not very effective I have to admit embarassed (with due respect to all sensible chemists)
Why on earth will he even think of making such a sentence of elevating Eze to the status of Oba of Lagos just for the sake of sensitisation of Igbos in Lagos. What will he do if (God forbids) crisis breaks out and some id!otic Yoruba men decides to unleash mayhem on innocent Igbo men on account of the Oba's statement (which I think is wrong). You can blame such ugly incident on the Oba but without the provocation, that statement may not have been spoken. People should know where to draw the line when playing politics.

So now Igbokwe and Nwabueze are no longer Igbos abi? What will satisfy you guys? Until Lagos give the Obi of Onitsha political appointment? Please get real.

If the Igbos are agitated by the actions of Fashola's gov, then they don't need to be incited by any politician. Why the emphasis on Igbos in the pamphlet he circulated? Are all the issued limited to only Igbos? Don't the Yoruba traders also pay fines and levies? Or you guys want to do business without paying a dime to the host government? Don't traders (Igbos and others) pay fines and levies in Igbo states?
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Aswidi: 8:37am On Apr 11, 2015
I think sokoto state should be inclusive
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by SeverusSnape(m): 8:37am On Apr 11, 2015
adonis89:
their oba brought tribal politics, now they are shifting d blame to agbaje. Dis was d same thing dey said about Gej. Meanwhile in Gej cabinet it's made up of Northerners. Even d vc of University of otuoke I heard is a Yoruba man
My brother, That's the height of hypocrisy.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 11, 2015
joncom:

It has come to Governorship election and APC are reasoning normal now.

For the sake of peace and continuity you supported Buhari?
APC is a joke. Now that is clear that you may lose Lagos, you all are treading the soft path.

Change is all we want.
Please I am not any political party fan, I only aired my opinion. Please look for someone else.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by SeverusSnape(m): 8:38am On Apr 11, 2015
Bolded:

Search me, I Don't know
Hehehehehehehehehehe.....nice Moniker, you'll be getting countless mentions on a daily basis.
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by cescky(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2015
Okeikpu:
When pple dey discuss abt important states,no dey bring all ds useless state into the matter ⊙︿⊙

Lol

Oga you de vex ooo
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by drealaz24(m): 8:41am On Apr 11, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
if apc wins this election and continue with the same mindset, non indigenes will shock them by 2019 cos the awareness is rapidly growing.

laughs in Swahili,
shocked them by becoming Lagos Governor baa
Na then the lagoon prophecy wud come to pass

we av lost Ilorin , we can afford to lose Lagos.
oga o, aye ti gbayin tan abi
go and try dis in Bornu,
Yorubas can't even try it at Onitsha
see what PDP has brought to Lagos
#ihavedecided

ingrate MorphOS
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by ogunniyi2: 8:47am On Apr 11, 2015
Prophet of doom
Nuvally:
JK go win Lagos shaa!

I love Imo people for one thing, they don't believe in sentiments. Rochas messed up, and they are ready to Vote him out.

I think APC got Kaduna.

Rotimi lost Rivers a long time ago.

For Taraba, I can't say
Re: BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles by ahmbal(m): 8:50am On Apr 11, 2015
musing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32239420

wont be surprise if taraba gives it to d female#gbagoun e done shele be that,Ambode all d way,
raining tinx here already,Ayobo Ipaja,Lagos state

modified;

This is wat I call raining sunny day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project / 2019 Presidency: Confident Okada Man Vows To Contest And Win Against Buhari / Dino Melaye ‏celebrates Easter With His Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.